As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Magnificent [movies] Thread

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Most DMCA claims are entirely automated--often the studio isn't even consciously aware of what the actual content being flagged is.

I meant strikes.

I been on Youtube ten years, I know the claim shit is automated.

No I know, I was just adding to your point about how messed up it is. Like, in addition to all that jazz, it's not even a person making conscious decisions at the helm--it's just a dumb robot. And everyone defers to the ROBOT and makes the actual creative human beings jump through hoops to preserve their stuff!

The fact that YouTube still enforces the 3-Strike account shutdown system is really bad, since their strike system has been proven to be little more than a joke to the point that entire channels disappear temporarily (or permanently) because a studio flags a few of their videos with a few copyright strikes at once.

Add to it that many people who file the takedown notices aren't actually copyright holders. Turns out, when there is no downside to filing fraudulent claims, people will file bullshit claims all the time in order to get add revenue out of the time it takes for those claims to get sorted out.

I believe I heard Jim (or someone in his field) mention that YouTube has or will soon be updating their system so that assets don't automatically start going to whomever files a claim. Or something to that effect.

I will need to double check, though.

Most of that is in place now because a lot of the big names were threatening to start a new site and take their userbase with them.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I feel like Sonic's only cameo was on a poster in the original movie

He had a PSA style video playing in the background riffing on the "sonic says" stuff from the cartoon.

Yeah, that PSA is where the "if you die outside of your game, you're permanently gone" info is given to the audience.

Also
    Ralph accidently whacks into him with the spaceship, causing a bunch of rings to pop out.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    50% of Ghostbusters movies are good anyway

100 percent.

Ghostbusters II is the hill that I have chosen to die on.

Please tell my loved ones that I want to be buried to Jackie Wilson's (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher.

Plus, who can forget the David Duchovney, Julianne Moore, Orlando Jones and Sean William Scott Ghostbuster film Evolution.

I just Googled this, and I'm still having trouble believing that it's real.

It's good in a very stupid way.

And super cheap on Amazon. Got my Dad a copy for Christmas.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The parasite scene still kills me.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Evolution is criminally underrated.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Evolution is super goddamn dumb but is perfectly aware of that and is a pretty good time

I always thought the flying things looked super rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Evolution is super goddamn dumb but is perfectly aware of that and is a pretty good time

I always thought the flying things looked super rad

But we have established that they do not respond to 'Caw Caw' or 'Tookie Tookie'.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Evolution is a film that I would never seek out to watch but if it is on tv I always watch the whole thing

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

TAKE IT

TAKE THE LEG

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

TAKE IT

TAKE THE LEG

"Get me some ice cream"

"What flavour?"

"Doesn't matter, it's for my ass"

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    can't believe someone was complaining about fart jokes in this thread

Nothing wrong with a well-executed joke.

But the potty humor jokes in Wreck-It Ralph were really lowest common denominator for kid movie humor.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    can't believe someone was complaining about fart jokes in this thread

Nothing wrong with a well-executed joke.

But the potty humor jokes in Wreck-It Ralph were really lowest common denominator for kid movie humor.

Okay, but that totaled about two minutes of screen time in a film that made me cry more than two minutes.

So I guess I give it a soft pass?

I mean, that's what I had tonight!

A soft pass.

Of poop.

From my butt.

See, the way the digestive-

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Farts are hilarious

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Farts are hilarious
    Farts in real life are funnier than movie farts 100% of the time though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    farts are disgusting

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    farts are disgusting
    Yeah but so are humans, all the time, every day

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    humans are great, and sexy, unlike gross ass farts

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    You got it backwards, farts are sexy, humans are gross.

• Options
    the only thing backwards here is you are opinions

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    farts are disgusting

this does not disqualiffy them from being funny

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the real funniest thing is someone falling down

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Farts are constantly trying to get out of humans.

Because it's so gross inside there.

But then humans are all like "hey yo, wouldn't it be awesome to get inside another human????"

And then they do and another new human appears and is all like "man, eff this ess, it's gross as haytch in here, I'm out"

And then they go and forget how gross that ess was and do it all again and just perpetuate the gross cycle.

Farts have it all figured out.

• Options

While farting.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I bring up the juvenile potty humor in Wreck-It Ralph because it was my only real problem with it.

• Options

While farting.

too far

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I feel like I could count the poop jokes in Wreck-It-Ralph on one hand.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Wreck-It Ralph has like three or four poop jokes

It also has references to Shen Long and Aeris, in a Disney movie of all things

I can let a few poop jokes slide

It is still easily the best of the current-era Disney films (though they are all good)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Also real life farts are funny except when they're predictable

I can't do jumping jacks, because after about ten or so I start farting every single time I bring my arms and legs back to standing position, it's like a well-choreographed human metronome of farts

I used to have a pretty shit diet though, this might not happen anymore, I'm not sure because I don't really attempt jumping jacks anymore

• Options
    To call a movie "filled with poop jokes" would require two hands, minimum.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    the only thing backwards here is you are opinions

Wrong again, opinions are you!

• Options
    Speaking of Shenlong

Has there ever been a proper animated adaptation of Journey To The West?

• Options
    Speaking of Shenlong

What, like, the whole thing?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Speaking of Shenlong

Monkey Magic comes to mind. There's also the other Monkey Magic which is live action and amazing. Movie wise, nothing that I'm aware of.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    519DPPD9XJL.jpg
    latest?cb=20101214040617&path-prefix=es
    onjeep72.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Were any of those any good?

• Options
    i watched so much saiyuki when i was drunk in high school

all i can remember is a dude had a gun

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Journey to the West is actually an adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I saw Batman V Superman the other day.

I have to say, aside from one bit I'll get into, I wasn't a seething pile of hatred towards this film. Though that might have been because I've been thoroughly spoiled on it already. Man, this movie is ALMOST so bad it's good. Like, the plot is incomprehensible and insane. If I didn't have an affinity for certain interpretations of these characters, this movie would almost be delightful. (A little too boring for that, though.)

Really, the only thing that outright pissed me off
    Was them trying to retcon Pa Kent as being the guy who had a dream of Clark going around and helping people.

Like, no, fuck you movie. Pa Kent suggested that letting a bus of kids die might be a better alternative than revealing yourself to the world, and punctuated this by letting himself die.

So no, Superman wasn't "a dream of a farmer from Kansas"

Eat a dick, whoever wrote that line.

Pretty sure the farmer in Kansas was supposed to be Clark.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.