As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Total War] Da Total WAAAAGH! Thread, Da Knights of Bretonnia are here! Sequel announced!

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Patch is tomorrow, the 30th at 2.

Much excite.

Guyyyyyyzzzzzz! Patch!

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Patch notes for Update 1, Added Blood Knights for VC, balance tweaks (enemy Heroes and some spells)

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

I haven't seem to have updated yet, dunno if it just isn't live yet or... Tomorrow apparently.

Some juicey bits:

Blood Knights

Update 1 also introduces our first FreeLC content: the Blood Knights shock cavalry for the Vampire Counts.

Once the order of The Knights of The Blood Dragon, these noble warriors were dominated and given The Blood Kiss by the vampire Walach of the Harkon family. In undeath, their skill is no less potent: they are among the most powerful cavalry in The Old World.

Tier 5 Shock Cavalry, Blood Knights are recruitable from the Vampire’s Keep building (along with the Black Coach). Heavily armoured and shielded with a high Charge Bonus, they smash into infantry with ease, and with the Anti Large ability, they are apt to take on larger foes. They also have the Frenzy ability, meaning they deal more damage as long as their leadership is high. Blood Knights can also be directly improved with two technologies: Turning Knightly Orders (bonuses to Melee Attack, Melee Defence and Charge Bonus), and Delusions of Grandeur (Upkeep and Recruitment Cost reductions).

Heroes balance changes

AI-controlled Heroes now receive half the amount of XP that the player would following an action.

Reduced AI-controlled Hero success chance on Easy and Normal difficulties.

Rebalanced traits and followers that could affect Hero action success chance.

Hero actions that damage the entire target army cause significantly less damage.

Spell, ability and effect changes
    The effectiveness of Direct Damage spells (eg Spirit Leech) is now modified according to context, bringing them more in line with other spell types. Their damage output is now more variable as a result.

In multiplayer, all players will now begin battle with the same (but randomly determined) starting Winds of Magic.

Tweaks to hit-point regeneration and resurrection effects are tweaked to be more effective and have longer durations.

The Invocation of Nehek will now replenish the maximum HP of entities revived by it.

The Frenzy ability will no longer target allies in range.

Improvements to vortex/building interactions.

Movement/charge speed abilities now have longer durations.

Mad Cap Mushrooms now has the correct miscast effect.

Update to lightning so it now damages buildings.

Solheim’s Bolt of Illumination (fired by Luminark of Hysh) is now stronger and better against moving targets.

Satchel charges should no longer explode in the air.

Updated the Chaos Lord abilities and rebalanced the initial recharge of their abilities.

Manual aim (ALT) of spawn abilities such as Raise Dead now previews proxies in the correct place on the ground.

Added a target arrow to show the range of spawn abilities such as Raise Dead.

Fixed an issue with inconsistent firing arcs for magic on walls during Siege Battles.

Fixed the target arc location/orientation for area-of-effect spells on the battlefield.

Friendly AI present on the battlefield will now no longer assume control of units that the player has spawned with abilities such as Raise Dead.
    Units: first balance pass
    Bretonnia

Grail Knights: +Hitpoints, + Charge Bonus, -Damage, +AP Damage

Louen Leoncoeur on Beaquis: +Melee Attack

Trebuchet: smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Men-At-Arms, Spearmen-At-Arms: –Armour

Chaos Warriors

Chariots: –cost

Chaos Spawn: smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Chosen (all): +Armour

Chosen with Halberd +Bonus vs Large

Dragon: +Armour, +Hitpoints, +Melee Attack

Dragon Ogres: +Melee Defence, +Damage, +Missile Resistance

Forsaken: –Armour, -Melee Attack, -Melee Defence, -Damage, +Speed, +Charge Bonus

Hellcannon: rebalanced projectile properties for greater effectiveness

Knights (all): +Hitpoints, +Melee Defence, +Charge Bonus

Knights with Lances: -Damage, +AP Damage

Marauder Horsemen (all): +Damage, +Reload Speed, +Accuracy

Sigvald now has the Strider ability

Sorcerer Lords: +Damage, +Leadership

Sorcerer Lord with Lore of Death: –Cost

Trolls (all): +Damage

Warhounds: +Speed

Dwarfs

Flame Cannon: +Damage, +Range, increased firing angle to allow firing from second row

Gyrocopter, Gyrobomber: +Mass, tweaks to chance of playing hit reaction animation, tweaks to projectiles that result in slight accuracy increase

Irondrakes with Trollhammer Torpedoes: +Damage

Miners with Blasting Charges: –Projectile Damage

Organ Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates Troll-sized enemies too)

Slayers: lower chance of getting knocked down by splash attacks

Empire

Empire Knights, Reiksguard: +Charge Bonus

Helblaster Volley Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates cavalry-sized enemies too)

Demigryph Knights: (all) +Cost, +Damage, -AP Damage, -Speed

Griffon: –Speed

Steam Tank: –Speed

Greenskins

Goblin Big Boss: +Damage, +Melee Attack, +Melee Defence, -Cost

Trolls: +Damage, smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Wolf Chariot: +Hitpoints, +Melee Attack, +Charge Bonus

Goblin bow units: –Damage

Forest Goblin Spider Riders (all): –Hitpoints, -AP Damage

Savage Orcs (all): –Leadership, -Melee Attack, -Charge Bonus

Vampire Counts

Banshee now has Terror

Black Coach: +Melee Defence, +Armour, +Attack Speed

Black Knights (all): +Charge Bonus

Cairn Wraiths, Hexwraiths, Banshee: rebalanced for higher Physical Resistance

Crypt Horrors: –Speed, -Damage, -Armour

Terrorgheist: –Speed

Battle AI

Improved the Siege AI's unit selection when deciding to attack city gates so that missile-heavy AI armies can have a better chance at being successful.

Siege AI will now attempt to assault the gates even if they only have missile units.

Increased the width of the walls the Siege AI will attempt to defend.

Improved the AI's positioning on walls when defending during siege battles.

When the Battle AI decides to switch from defence to attack, it will fully commit instead of sometimes trying to pull back and defend again.

Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the attacking Siege AI’s flying units from engaging.

Fixed an issue that could cause the defending Battle AI to unnecessarily move a few meters forward at the start of battle.

Updated the Vampire Counts army templates for the AI to improve army quality.

Campaign AI

Increased war co-ordination attack priority in Campaign, to help make allied AI factions respond more readily to war targets/war co-ordination.

Diplomatic treacheries now have a bigger impact on the player's reliability rating, and the AI remembers them for a longer period of time.

Campaign AI is now less likely to offer money and more likely to sign more alliances.

Campaign AI is now a bit more cautious with intercepting enemy armies.

AI is now less inclined to start chasing the Chaos player around the Campaign map.

Increased the chance of Chaos recruiting when they are in the position to do so, when controlled by the AI.

Changed late game (‘Age of Peace’) AI behaviour, to make AI factions more aggressive and unreliable. As a result they are more likely to return to the pre-Chaos status quo, breaking treaties and turning against one another. Also increased the Great Power penalty at this stage of the game.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

More Juicy Bits:

-Autoresolver now deals less damage to high quality units (e.g. Slayers) in standard battle situations and deals more to low quality units.

-Subculture targeting missions are now always cancelled when the targeted subculture is destroyed.

-Mork is now considerably Morkier

-Gork is now appreciably Gorkier

-Dwarfs are much less likely to get the Likes Greenskins trait, and the trait will never trigger on Dwarf faction leaders

[Aside: I would really love to know what actions trigger what traits]

-Added a new random incident that may respawn the Savage Orc Skull-takerz or Top Knotz tribes if they are destroyed. [Aside; godddamnit!]

-Followers will no longer be lost after a certain number of turns.

-Random incidents that reduce the player's treasury will no longer trigger if they would result in bankrupting the player.

-Reduced the rank requirement of the grudge to rank up a Master Engineer from 15 to 10.

-Goblins are now more ticklish

-Loading the debug camera by changing the default_battle_camera_type and default_campaign_camera_type to 2 in the preference.script has been disabled, as it was causing crashes. [oh my god, noooo!]

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    ...I'm not impressed by the first balance pass.

Why nerf the Savage Boyz? Nobody expressed an opinion that they were OP. Why nerf the Goblins? They were already terrible.

Demigryphs need even more damage? Are you for real? They needed cost increase & lower defense, not a Goddamn damage buff.

Chaos was definitely underperforming as a whole, but Chosen were not. WTF. They did not need a buff! Chaos fucking Warriors needed a buff!

Dwarfs needed an across the board reduction in cost, not one buff to the Trollhammer Torpedoes (which were fine in the damage department, but simply too expensive to field)

Crypt Horrors were overperforming for their cost; they did not need to just be nerfed into the ground. Like, wow.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Why nerf the Savage Boyz? Nobody expressed an opinion that they were OP. Why nerf the Goblins? They were already terrible.

Demigryphs need even more damage? Are you for real? They needed cost increase & lower defense, not a Goddamn damage buff.

Chaos was definitely underperforming as a whole, but Chosen were not. WTF. They did not need a buff! Chaos fucking Warriors needed a buff!

Dwarfs needed an across the board reduction in cost, not one buff to the Trollhammer Torpedoes (which were fine in the damage department, but simply too expensive to field)

Crypt Horrors were overperforming for their cost; they did not need to just be nerfed into the ground. Like, wow.

Eh. Have you seen the actual values yet?
    I'm not happy about the Savage orcs+Goblins nerf. No, they didn't need a nerf. Not even spiderriders.

However, maybe you should look at the actual values before judging?

1. There was this little bit that said "-AP damage" on Demigryphs. That leaves a lot of room for balancing. AP damage is generally better than regular damage.
    2. We're not sure how big the Crypt horror nerf is. It could be a minor adjustment. It could be major nerf.
    3. Overall it looks like many Dwarf units did get a buff?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    All of the Dwarf siege equipment, with perhaps the exception of the standard cannon, needed a MP reduction in cost. Stats wise they are fine(ish), but they're just too expensive for what they do.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited June 2016

There's a lot going on here with this patch and I recommend reading the full notes as there are a lot of things that interconnect so I'll try to parse.

1. Goblins are not terrible, far from it. There's a reason the computer keeps building armies of Goblins and Archers with nary a Boy in sight. Don't believe me? A unit of Goblins will beat Dwarven Warriors on the charge. I don't know what the story is exactly with Savage Boyz, but I predict it has something to with other things simply outperforming Boyz irrespective of their costs. They only cost 100 more Gold than Boyz do, perhaps they were broken and no one simply caught on. It might also have to do with the devs not wanting to raise their cost because they want Orcs in general to be as mobbed up as possible.

2. We don't know the values but,
    Demigryph Knights: (all) +Cost, +Damage, -AP Damage, -Speed
    reads as a flat nerf to me. More expensive, slower, and while their Damage went up their AP went down- if the numbers are roughly equivalent that's big hit. 1 AP is equivalent to 2 standard damage for each point of armor the attack ignores. Notice that Chaos Knights of both varieties**e** (Just Lance Knights) got a minus to Damage but a buff to AP, that's probably the same concept but in reverse.

3. Chaos got the most buffs of anyone so I'll see how they play. There were some changes to how they operate in the Campaign section (AI armies won't chase you as much for example.)

4. Least familiar with Dwarves, but I know that magic in general got reworked so that might be a hidden buff in their favor. It isn't listed on the unit changes, but Slayers also only take 1 turn to build now instead of 2.

4. My Undead are going to be just fine. Crypt Horrors got nerfed, but that's hardly unexpected. We'll see the numbers. Besides all the Ethereal units being buffed to hell, the biggest bonus to Undead are the buffs to regen and Nehek (which helps Horrors too, so that might be why they're getting hit so hard.)
    Tweaks to hit-point regeneration and resurrection effects are tweaked to be more effective and have longer durations.

The Invocation of Nehek will now replenish the maximum HP of entities revived by it

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    1. Goblins are not terrible, far from it. There's a reason the computer keeps building armies of Goblins and Archers with nary a Boy in sight.

Warriors are 22 Attack, 36 Def, 9 charge bonus, 28 damage. Goblins are 20, 24, 25, and 8.

So on the charge Goblins are sporting 28 vs 36 to attack with 32 damage. And Warriors are sporting 31 vs 24 to attack with 37 damage.

Goblins have 160 units to the 100 for Warriors. Even if Goblins had 80 armor, Warriors would beat them on the charge, since they do about 70% more damage per unit than goblins on the charge*. Plus the larger unit size (and lower mass) of the goblins actually means fewer are likely able to get into combat on the charge (since the unit width max is the same)

Boys are hilariously stronger on the charge. With 26, 24, 34, 22. So they have an attack of 48 on the charge, and a damage of 56. Boys have damage and charge bonuses like Greatswords [minus the AP]

The AI builds goblins because they're cheap, not because they're good.

*Unless you have "Da Boyz" which you should because its amazing. +12 attack is great, but +10 charge bonus is +22 attack and +10 damage when charging in total!

edit: And what they nerfed was Gobbo Archers which doesn't make much sense because gobbo archers are kind of terrible.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Nevermind, I read the notes wrong, it's the Archer damage I'm a spazz.

• Options
    Here's the Bloodknights-

13576703_1092923217449544_832704774360836435_o.jpg

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Wtf you on. Gobbo archers are amazing. The only other ranged units that are better are dwarf quarrelers.

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The one turn slayers combined with reduced slayer knockdown from area attacks sounds like it might be significant in action.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy for this patch. My number one problem playing chaos is having everyone chase me across the known world

• Options
    loooooool

Alright, I'm loving the Dwarf campaign. Irondrakes may not be the most cost-effective thing ever, but they are hilarious.

Organ Guns are goddamn disgusting when you get a critical mass of them.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Kruite wrote: »
    Wtf you on. Gobbo archers are amazing. The only other ranged units that are better are dwarf quarrelers.

Night Goblin sure. But Gobbo Archers have less HP than Orcs and do much less damage with less range.

On Ultra Unit Size:
    Gobbo Archers do 1833.3 damage/10 seconds. With a 10/11 ratio of normal to total and very low BASE damage.

Orc Archers do 1818.18 damage/10 seconds with a 15/20 ratio of normal to total and a much higher base damage (15 vs 10) to a longer range.

Orc's are slightly less accurate but not enough to make much of a difference given the weaknesses of Gobbo's.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    95j9239crx7k.png
    Some teaser image by CA.

It is written in Beast Tongue

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    You can tell because it appears that a beast wrote that with its tongue.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    It translates out to "Blood Dark something" it's probably referencing the Blood and Gore/ Beastmen release.

• Options
    ...I am lukewarm about Cow / Goat People. :|

The coolest thing I ever saw for Beastmen was a fan conversion for a giant, turning it into a big elephant-person. Other than that... meh.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    ...I am lukewarm about Cow / Goat People. :|

The coolest thing I ever saw for Beastmen was a fan conversion for a giant, turning it into a big elephant-person. Other than that... meh.
    Good slaughter fodder for Sigmar's heirs

• Options
    I've always loved Beastmen, the 6th(?) ed rulebook was dropping with creepy art and flavor.

Spooky forests are the best forests:
    tumblr_mrq6ajoprk1s3dkxco1_500.jpg

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Isn't the nerf aimed the goblin spider rider archers? Because they are amazing and don't suffer the weak vs armour trait other gobbos do.

In other news, I hate Vampire Counts. I really do. This is not my jam at all.

I finished my Empire run with almost the entire map under my control, Chaos hordes absolutely destroyed all other human factions and I was constantly overrun with 10 Orc armies and their Waaghs. It was extremely bloody.

So all I had left was to go back and do Dwarfs and VC again on very hard. Dwarfs I did in one shot over two days. Extremely easy, Dwarfs are the best etc.

Now I'm on my fourth restart of VC. I hate their units almost entirely. Melee only army whose infantry are shit. It makes no sense to me. I had to fight off a Dwarf army with 5 grudge throwers and a few quarrellers, with no choice but to just walk into them. And then when you get there, extremely beat up from the bombardment, their warriors are better in melee anyway!

Probably going to sit around until I actually have spellcasters levelled up and then just spam armies of mostly horrors and terrorgheists, the only reliable units.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Chaos Heroes won't stop humping my buildings and armies. My three heroes are a cop, priest, and bright wizard, all of which can't assassinate for shit. How do I make them dead?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    VC have bad infantry? What? Grave guard are amazing. 50% block shields, all the undead goodness, bonuses vs manthings, and with the plethora of buffs from vamps and necros they can murderize guys. Also VC are about having a wide front line and breaking them with flanks and terror attacks.

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Isn't the nerf aimed the goblin spider rider archers? Because they are amazing and don't suffer the weak vs armour trait other gobbos do.

I finished my Empire run with almost the entire map under my control, Chaos hordes absolutely destroyed all other human factions and I was constantly overrun with 10 Orc armies and their Waaghs. It was extremely bloody.

So all I had left was to go back and do Dwarfs and VC again on very hard. Dwarfs I did in one shot over two days. Extremely easy, Dwarfs are the best etc.

Now I'm on my fourth restart of VC. I hate their units almost entirely. Melee only army whose infantry are shit. It makes no sense to me. I had to fight off a Dwarf army with 5 grudge throwers and a few quarrellers, with no choice but to just walk into them. And then when you get there, extremely beat up from the bombardment, their warriors are better in melee anyway!

Probably going to sit around until I actually have spellcasters levelled up and then just spam armies of mostly horrors and terrorgheists, the only reliable units.

You can get bats and grave guard super early and not really be all infantry. By turn 20 I looked pretty balanced and by turn 40 I had a TG.

Just gotta prioritize growth so you can get to the upgraded buildings. But at size 2 you can have vargheists and size 3 grave guard/knights so it's not exactly hard

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cantido wrote: »
    Chaos Heroes won't stop humping my buildings and armies. My three heroes are a cop, priest, and bright wizard, all of which can't assassinate for shit. How do I make them dead?

That makes me think of a witch hunter acting like a stereotypical bobby.

"Right, wots all this chaos, then?"

Edit: I hope when Kislev comes in they bring in the Kislevite Secret Police.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited June 2016

New patch should sort-of fix this.

If it doesn't... there's a mod that disables all enemy hero actions...

Not that I would know anything about such cheaty business.

>.>

<.<

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I disabled them entirely, too.

While I did find it impressive that a spy could infiltrate my camp of ravenous zombies and what have you to successfully upturn some necromancer's lunch or something, it was a feature I found no joy in.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Try to bring more Graveguard with greatweapons, Cairnwraiths and some Vargheists.
    Also, regular graveguard to absorb the majority of the beating (because their shields are awesome against ranged weaponry).

Also, you always have the option of sending bats into their siege artillery to keep em from firing. After all, they're expendable.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Best is I think to hard limit agents to 2/type. This means that you can have all your fun with them but you cannot spam and so end up with massive agent macro annoyances

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    they said outright in the patch notes they're tweaking how agents function for the AI.

edit- I shut them off with a mod, too, because even though I like the idea, the numbers were silly.

The Campaign mode reminds me a lot of Disciples 2 which ain't a bad thing at all.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Even then it's too much micro management and cluttering of the campaign map.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I'm all for modding out stupid.

EDIT - I'm going to hold off until the patch drops, but what is the name of the mod?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The 10% bonus to Campaign movement in friendly territory mod is great, too, for ironing out stupid things (it made Chaos so much better to play)

There's also a mod that rebalances AI army compositions to be less reliant on ranged units and artillery.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

VC is all about the hammer and anvil: Pinning the enemy army in place with cheap, expendable undead that never run (they just crumble instead) and the smashing the line from the flanks or above with their beasts, cavalry, monsters, ethereal units and murderbats, especially the murderbats. Every undead unit has Cause Fear, which means most living units take a leadership hit just from being near your units, even if they're in a strong position, and you have so many ways to make that absolutely not the case.

Some things I've found that make early VC until you get to upper tier units more fun/easier:

First turn, demo the cemetery in Drakenhof, and build a Cairn instead. Until you build an Armory, everything you can recruit from the Cemetery you can recruit via raise dead, while crypt ghouls are the best early infantry you can get in damage and speed, and their poisonous attack will help in your early fights vs. dwarfs.

Don't completely dis Direwolves and Hellbats because of their stats, they are (at least until tomorrow) two of the fastest units in the game; Direwolves are the fastest land unit, and Hellbats the fastest bar none. That makes them great for quickly getting around or over enemy lines where they can disrupt any missile units or artillery until your ghouls can get there. If you bother to get the upgrade tech for Hellbats, they'll become something that can actually win fights against unarmored missile, missile cav and artillery, instead of just being something that's there to die in the place of something more expensive.

Don't be dismayed if you lose an entire army in some massive battle. Odds are said battle has created a marker that will let you raise more and better units. Raising dead, especially with Kimmler, can often be both faster and cheaper than normal recruitment.

...and for the love of all that is unholy, wipe out the dwarfs before they get the chance to spread into the badlands, you do NOT want to have to deal with marching undead armies in raid stance far away from any reliable source of mid and upper tier troops.

Also, I wouldn't plan on relying too much on those Crypt Horrors... they're getting nerfed tommorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm all for modding out stupid.

EDIT - I'm going to hold off until the patch drops, but what is the name of the mod?

No Aggressive Agents

I'll add it to the OP.
    The 10% bonus to Campaign movement in friendly territory mod is great, too, for ironing out stupid things (it made Chaos so much better to play)

There's also a mod that rebalances AI army compositions to be less reliant on ranged units and artillery.

I'll try to find and add those too.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bats are probably the strongest base unit in the game. With the tech and skill they have 24 attack and 58 melee defense! And using them is likely to get you the trait for another +10 attack. Which makes them fucking murder a whole lot of shit real fast.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »

Night Goblin sure. But Gobbo Archers have less HP than Orcs and do much less damage with less range.

On Ultra Unit Size:
    Gobbo Archers do 1833.3 damage/10 seconds. With a 10/11 ratio of normal to total and very low BASE damage.

Orc Archers do 1818.18 damage/10 seconds with a 15/20 ratio of normal to total and a much higher base damage (15 vs 10) to a longer range.

Orc's are slightly less accurate but not enough to make much of a difference given the weaknesses of Gobbo's.

Gobbos are also 3/4 the price of Arrer Boyz, less in upkeep.

Sure, Arrer Boyz are the clear cut fav vs. dwarfs and many higher tier units, but if you need to fill up your armies to start a Waaagh! or stop and invasion when the coffers are low, being able to recruit and maintain 4 goblin archers for every 3 Arrer Boyz and the advantages start meaning less and less. More so in multi, when the recruitment price cap means you aren't going to get armies that are 3/4's armored all the time. 4 Gobbos for every 3 orcs will let you fill out your missile troops on the cheap with a lot less downside than the price tag would indicate, and save gold for things like Black Orcs and more veteran ranks.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
    SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
    https://youtu.be/HbuaDRAml0w

Look at tha bones!

• Options
    oooooo!

It says the date, too, in whatever the hell language that is

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Basil wrote: »
    I disabled them entirely, too.

While I did find it impressive that a spy could infiltrate my camp of ravenous zombies and what have you to successfully upturn some necromancer's lunch or something, it was a feature I found no joy in.

I enjoyed it until about halfway through my Ork campaign, when I realized the agent micromanagement was never going to end and in fact was only going to get worse as I pressed into the Empire.

I still feel a bit guilty about it, as the AI still recruits it's Agents and sends them to just stand near your stacks and whimper like little puppies looking for table scraps.

It's odd that the agents feel so awkward in Total Warhammer, and yet I didn't mind them at all in Shogun 2. I guess the Shogun AI just couldn't use their agents effectively?

EDIT: Oooh, blood DLC!

Literally the best 6 bucks you will ever spend.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
This discussion has been closed.