As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] More like Fashionframe!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of hoping to over farm on frost/ember bp's so I can trade them for soma pieces after the vault closes again.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Anyone have a list of locations that are proving useful to farm up the Fire and Ice relics? We're not having luck in the places we've been messing with.

• Options
    Io, on Jupiter, drops the ?Meso? F2 relic.
    Someone said Orokin Derelict Defense, Berehynia, and Hieracon.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    How exactly does refining relics work? Is there a benefit to upgrading them in steps, and does it cost more to do it that way?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    How exactly does refining relics work? Is there a benefit to upgrading them in steps, and does it cost more to do it that way?

tl;dr you can spend void traces to adjust the common/uncommon/rare drop rate on a relic. The more you spend, the more likely you are to get an uncommon/rare as opposed to a common. You can only refine a given relic once, no step by step upgrades.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Anyone have a list of locations that are proving useful to farm up the Fire and Ice relics? We're not having luck in the places we've been messing with.

Here's what my little social circle has parsed out of the community's digging, for Frost/Ember parts:

Prime Parts:
    Ember Prime Blueprint Axi E1 Rare
    Ember Prime Neuroptics Neo S5 Common
    Ember Prime Systems Lith G1 Uncommon
    Ember Prime Chassis Meso F2 Common

Frost Prime Blueprint Meso F2 Rare
    Frost Prime Neuroptics Axi E1 Common
    Frost Prime Systems Neo S5 Uncommon
    Frost Prime Chassis Lith G1 Common

Good spots for farming:
    Axi/Neo - Hieracon, Pluto (Neo's in the A rotation, Axi in the B/C, based on our experience last night.)
    Meso - Io, Jupiter
    Neo - Umbriel, Uranus

YMMV

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    I almost bought the prime vault pack last night.

The problem is I think I would destroy my interest int he game at large if I start buying game items because a large part of what I like about it is working towards building new toys.

My Ignis completed last night and I took it for a spin. I ended up soloing the boss on Saturn with it modded to Radiation.

I keep myself entertained just trying to make random stuff viable. RNG is a cruel mistress after all, heck I'm still trying to get Nikitana prime. No clue how many keys and rad relics I've used by this point.

Are you on PC? because I got a spare blade and handle if those are the last parts you need.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Thanks for the farming lists, I'll squirrel that away for later...

Because we farmed Io for 3 hours and never got the right artifact.

Warframe, never change...

• Options
    The other thing to be aware of is that these relic are just added into the pool, so it's possible to go on a run and not get any of those drops. RNGeesus will continue to demand the proper supplications.

At least one time last night that happened, we found an Ayatan statue to take the sting off a bit. :P

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I farmed about 5 rounds of IO and got two Meso F2's.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    I did 4 rounds of Io and got 3 F2's...

But I can't actually run Hieracon/Umbriel/Berehynia, so...

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What is the bottom left frost Prime part in the forge?

Also, RNGeese gave me a second fang prime blueprint. I already have one built.

• Options
    Aside from the Frame parts, you need an Orokin Cell to build the total package.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    GDI I wish I could have different polarities for different configs. Specifically the aura slot.

Because goddamn I need corrosive projection on, like, all the time if a sortie is grineer.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Hey, Warframe? When you tell me there's 2 or 3 or even 8 open squads for a mission, PLEASE PUT ME IN ONE INSTEAD OF WANTING ME TO SOLO HOLY FUCK
    Why the fuck will it not let me join open squads?! I have the matchmaking ping limit set to No Limit, and it just never puts me into other groups except in popular missions (like void relics and alerts). Trying to progress through the star chart is pulling fucking teeth because it never puts me in any of the squads.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey, Warframe? When you tell me there's 2 or 3 or even 8 open squads for a mission, PLEASE PUT ME IN ONE INSTEAD OF WANTING ME TO SOLO HOLY FUCK
    Why the fuck will it not let me join open squads?! I have the matchmaking ping limit set to No Limit, and it just never puts me into other groups except in popular missions (like void relics and alerts). Trying to progress through the star chart is pulling fucking teeth because it never puts me in any of the squads.

Well, last I checked, it's because if you've never done the mission, it wants you to do it with other people who haven't done the mission or some shit, so it won't let you join an existing squad/in progress mission, etc. I have no idea why they do this, but it's annoying as hell, and a large reason why I have never bothered opening up the rest of the map, because I just can't be arsed to solo that much, especially not on Eris. Eris? The Infested planet, whichever.

Though assuming I ever get time to log back in for a spell, WiF Ember and Prowl-augmented Ivara make soloing things real easy so I probably should or something. Eh.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    We got a good bit of relic farming done today so that's cool.

2 Radianted relics, 2 forma for me :rotate:

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Maybe I shouldn't be bitching so much about not being able to join groups, because about 75% of the groups I've joined tonight crashed my game before even getting to the loading screen :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

What's a good spot to get Lith relics? Almost all my stuff is Neo which I can rarely access, I'm out of Lith and Meso stuff that isn't vaulted/needs to be refined.

• Options
    Someone said Orokin Derelict Defense is the place to go for Lith's.

I keep getting placed into mid run fissures, and can't find enough shiny's to unlock my relic before the others extract. Lost a Frost Prime Chasis to it.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I got a bunch of relics in one fissure survival run, but that is 5 minutes each.

How fast canst thou spy?

So has anyone else had the game just not switch frames or weapons?

edit: Fucked up the jupiter nightmare extermination mission, had two bursas on my tail. Quit the game once I ran into the third.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    I got a bunch of relics in one fissure survival run, but that is 5 minutes each.

How fast canst thou spy?

So has anyone else had the game just not switch frames or weapons?

edit: Fucked up the jupiter nightmare extermination mission, had two bursas on my tail. Quit the game once I ran into the third.

If you've got an Ivara or an Invis Loki, then Spy tends to take "as long as it takes to get there" since you don't need to fight or anything. I'm a shit navigator, so that can be longer than average...

• Options
    So, I took my Ivara out of the shrink wrap last night and used her for a couple relic-collecting mission.

She seems really, really good. Got her up to 19, and her Prowl and Artemis Bow combo are just....woof. She might be one of my new favorites.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I finally hit 12 and picked up my Sancti Tigris! This thing is pretty dope, looks awesome as well which is always important.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Do I have to join a party before starting Orokin Derelict Defense missions?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Brody wrote: »
    Do I have to join a party before starting Orokin Derelict Defense missions?

If you want to do it with other people, yes.

Note that ODD is the "best" way to farm liths only if you take an Ember or Equinox, kill everything in seconds with your 4, and leave after the second wave. If that isn't appealing, then you should probably do the excavation on Earth instead.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Well, I think I've found my setup for meleeing sorties. Rhino Prime with Naramon for invisibility, and my 5-forma'd Obex.

Pretty much all I need now is the aug that gives Iron Skin health back on stomps and I'm golden.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    I guess I should probably put my ember bp's in build

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I am truly looking at Equinox as a possible long term frame.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I've been having some success with Nova on Hieracon, and I guess that Vauban would be just as successful.

Tigris Prime
    Vaykor Marelok
    Bunch of different melee weapons (shaku atm. It's fun).
    I've been using Molecular Prime (mainly for the slow, although the damage isn't unwelcome) and Wormhole to speed up the transfer between Excavation sites.

The big annoyance though is that while I've gotten tons of Axi relics I haven't gotten a single E1.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've been having some success with Nova on Hieracon, and I guess that Vauban would be just as successful.

Tigris Prime
    Vaykor Marelok
    Bunch of different melee weapons (shaku atm. It's fun).
    I've been using Molecular Prime (mainly for the slow, although the damage isn't unwelcome) and Wormhole to speed up the transfer between Excavation sites.

The big annoyance though is that while I've gotten tons of Axi relics I haven't gotten a single E1.

RNGesus is a fickle god.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Is the Supra any good? It was the new hotness last I had played but I'm not sure how it holds up now. I hate leveling weapons without potatos is why I ask.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Do taxi's still work? Tataray(sorry if I spelled your name wrong) gave me a ride to Hieracon and Berehynia and a couple of other places, but I still can't access them.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I don't know if they unlock those nodes anymore, but you can still be taken there by other players, yes.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    So, I took my Ivara out of the shrink wrap last night and used her for a couple relic-collecting mission.

She seems really, really good. Got her up to 19, and her Prowl and Artemis Bow combo are just....woof. She might be one of my new favorites.

GET. THE. PROWL. AUGMENT.

You think she's good NOW...

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Whaaa being a taxi doesn't unlock the area for someone anymore!? :x dangit, sorry Brody I didn't know that.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    I didn't either, so its all good. I just felt kind of bad for dragging you around to a bunch of random crap with out it resulting in unlocked nodes.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Whaaa being a taxi doesn't unlock the area for someone anymore!? :x dangit, sorry Brody I didn't know that.

Once the planet is unlocked the node is, but they still have to clear the junction

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    TetraRay wrote: »

Once the planet is unlocked the node is, but they still have to clear the junction

Ahhh, that makes sense I suppose. Lame for helping people out, but guess it makes sense for making the junctions actually important. Glad I got grandfathered in and past all of them

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Is the Supra any good? It was the new hotness last I had played but I'm not sure how it holds up now. I hate leveling weapons without potatos is why I ask.

Not that killy in comparison to others but it's awesome for visible clouds of dakka still

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »

GET. THE. PROWL. AUGMENT.

You think she's good NOW...

I grabbed it at the end of the night, when I realized I had it available through the Space Merchants for Peace and Profit Perrin Sequence. Haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, but I'm already salivating.

Any suggestions on Ivara builds? It looks like I want Efficiency and Duration, with a smidge of Strength if I can get it.

This discussion has been closed.