As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

You see, the cubs... They are video games... And the world series? That is art. Like and subscribe

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Reports are Schwarber will be DH tomorrow for game 1

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Is it too late for Indians in 6?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

No, if you're serious.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Reports are Schwarber will be DH tomorrow for game 1

yeah, in retrospect, sending to arizona on the night the team had a shot to clinch a spot in the world series was a pretty big tell. no way they send him down there if they weren't seriously considering bringing him up

also: as good as this team's been, he's easily their best option at DH, unless they really wanted contreras in the line up on a night when montero or ross was catching, and even if he's rusty, he's still undoubtedly a better option than like...chris coghlan or tommy lastella

also also also it'd be pretty awesome to see him playing baseball again

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Kyle Schwarber out of nowhere is pretty great.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    let's watch some of what he did last year in the playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCWqZZe3aeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJJfyatUNo

also let's look at his first homer ever in the big leagues and...where it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGSokdOckUc

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

No, if you're serious.

I should do Cubs in 6 to hedge and make something out of them most likely winning, but I already made a bunch of money on them winning the pennant ... so the hell with it, I'm staying with Cleveland.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/cUMMwg1WOec
    Tom Hanks going for Cleveland is the greatest challenge I have ever faced

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Kyle Schwarber officially added to Cubs World Series roster as a C/OF. LHRP Rob Zastryzny is taken off the roster to make room.

This officially gives the Cubs 4 catchers on the roster.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Also Danny Salazar was added to the Indians roster.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Schwarber isn't really a catcher anymore.

• Options
    Schwarber isn't really a catcher anymore.

Not this week for sure, but he's still listed that way, making the Cubs the first team in MLB history to carry 4 catchers on a World Series roster.

• Options
    Hey, the three other catchers all hit homers already, so I can't complain

• Options
    Jesus Christ, Cleveland!
    20161025_173144_zpscdsrz2ko.png

@Poorochondriac don't click on the spoiler. Just don't do it.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Un fucking real.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Well honestly who could look at that and not feel "honored"

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Gee, before I just wanted Cleveland to lose because they beat the Jays. Now I want them to get swept and then have their stadium burn down.

No casualties. I'm not a monster.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, Cleveland!
    20161025_173144_zpscdsrz2ko.png

@Poorochondriac don't click on the spoiler. Just don't do it.

He looks more like a red Juggalo than anything. Pretty bad either way, though.

• Options
    Schwarber playing.

God I cannot wait to see him blast a home run again.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    stolen base in the 1st is some top tier trolling

edit: imma go ahead and say it worked

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Here comes Schwarby

• Options
    "The pitching machine wasn't wearing a number."

Shut the fuck up, Joe Buck

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    This is going to be a long game, methinks.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    This is going to be a long game, methinks.

Well...honestly feels like it's gonna be pretty short

• Options
    That was the smoothest tag ever by Baez

• Options
    That was the smoothest tag ever by Baez

I'm not convinced it was actually a tag

but goddamn did he make it look good

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Holy shit. How long do they have out there to get rid of a cramp?

• Options
    Holy shit. How long do they have out there to get rid of a cramp?

Jon Lester might kill someone tonight

• Options
    SCHWARBER!

• Options
    SCHWARBER BACK!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    He almost got thrown out at second, which...sure

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Kluber has some nasty stuff and is working all sides of the zone tonight. Gotta tip my hat to him; with a few exceptions Cubs hitters can only helplessly strikeout looking or pop up harmlessly.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Cubs are going to have to get to Miller.

• Options
    That was not a strike

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Whelp, that was the best chance they're going to get tonight.

• Options
    and there's the dagger

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular

• Options
    Here are some thoughts:

I'm obviously not thrilled the Cubs lost that game, but there were plenty of positives to take away from it. I mean, first of all, it's hard to feel too bad about things when the opposing pitcher is making the pitches that Kluber was making tonight. It honestly felt like Fowler might has well have stayed home, given some of the pitches he saw that he could absolutely do nothing with. But they definitely started to get better at bats against him as the game went on, I thought. And Miller looked...a little off? His stuff looks pretty good, still, but he looked like he was having more trouble locating it, and the Cubs seemed to have as good a read on his stuff as you're gonna get. And they made him work, which I would think would limit his availability tomorrow.

Also: Zobrist looked good. Baez's hit off Miller was pretty good, and I think Cleveland only got the one stolen base? Which I don't think ultimately mattered because I don't think it really forced Lester to throw those walks and hit a guy?

And Schwarber looked about a hundred times better than I could have reasonably expected. I'm pretty sure he's going to club the shit out of one this series. And the walk he took off Miller was the most impressive thing I think I saw from him all night.

I feel about as good as you can feel down 0-1 in the World Series (that's still weird to say). I will say this: I think Cleveland has to close this out fast. I think they're going to have serious problems if they have to ride Kluber and Miller as hard as they have over a full seven game series.