As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World. PS4 Beta on 12/9. Welcome new Hunters!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Prowler quests complete. One step closer...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Well my messed up shoulder button made me slink back towards IG for a little bit....using only a rank 3 Azure Bayonet, but the Affinity Up kinsect, and Critical Eye +3/Critical Boost....

Jesus it's like night and day. I'm just shredding things. It feels dirty, it feels too easy

I can't charge my kinsect, sure, but I can quickly fire and recall it back, and my aerial vault button still works, even if I can pogo stick very well

I think my General's Bayonet is, hilariously, gated behind genprey materials

Anyway I still want to finish my Astral set for DBs, and my Black S set for Bow, and maybe finish my charmer outfit (I've hunted five Zamtrios and not gotten the single scale+ I need, and hunting High-Rank Lagiacrus is a chore)

Do you charge your kinsect? I pretty much only do that when I literally have no idea what I can be doing at that moment.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Well my messed up shoulder button made me slink back towards IG for a little bit....using only a rank 3 Azure Bayonet, but the Affinity Up kinsect, and Critical Eye +3/Critical Boost....

Jesus it's like night and day. I'm just shredding things. It feels dirty, it feels too easy

I can't charge my kinsect, sure, but I can quickly fire and recall it back, and my aerial vault button still works, even if I can pogo stick very well

Anyway I still want to finish my Astral set for DBs, and my Black S set for Bow, and maybe finish my charmer outfit (I've hunted five Zamtrios and not gotten the single scale+ I need, and hunting High-Rank Lagiacrus is a chore)

Do you charge your kinsect? I pretty much only do that when I literally have no idea what I can be doing at that moment.

Sometimes it's a very useful tool, especially if you want to get an extract quickly, from a hard to reach area or just want to do quick chip damage on the advance

Also if you have a blunt kinsect charging increases the stun damage i think

but yeah, that's why I switched over to IG, because the R button doesn't matter as much, as long as I can hit it to launch the kinsect

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    that was a good if brief round of hunts for me

I am so noob right now it hurts. I need everything and lots of it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hrgnh. I really need to HR break.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Sometimes it's a very useful tool, especially if you want to get an extract quickly, from a hard to reach area or just want to do quick chip damage on the advance

but yeah, that's why I switched over to IG, because the R button doesn't matter as much, as long as I can hit it to launch the kinsect

How does the third (and sixth, and ninth?) redirect work? It shares the charged animation, does it actually do charged damage too?

• Options
    Wooo made my Generals' Bayonet. This thing is hawwwt

230 raw, hella green sharpness, and three slots

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

How does the third (and sixth, and ninth?) redirect work? It shares the charged animation, does it actually do charged damage too?

I'm pretty sure that yes, it does

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    Picked this up the other week and managed to hit HR 4 with a bit of assistance from Frosteey and company speeding through the hr3 keys. Seems I still have some people on my friends list from MH4U. It's crazy some of you are so far already. I've been liking the idea of adept longsword but it practice I can already see where keeping the blade charge level up will be impossible later with how fast things move already. I'm considering moving back to charge blade, I managed to solo all but 1 quest to G3 in MH4U with it and the idea of being able to boost phials to 10 among other things seems bonkers.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

Just green sharpness you say

*Face stiffens, frantically pushes button under counter*

Orphane on
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

Just green sharpness you say

*Face stiffens, frantically pushes button under counter*

Bludgeoner and I would like a word with you

• Options
    But I'm just happy that something with that skin is considered an end game glaive. I love the weird bug rifle.

In other news why is the desire sensor real. I just need 1 Zamtrios Scale + and 3 Lagiacrus Scale + for my Blue Guild set.

GIVE THEM TO ME HOW MANY MORE ZAMTRIOS AND LAGGI DO I NEED TO KILL

• Options
    Beefjerky wrote: »
    It's crazy some of you are so far already.

See previous discussion re: second job.

• Options
    Elldren was like "geeze how are you all so high rank" and i had to go stare out a window for a bit

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I mean, it's been 5 or 6 weeks, right?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I mean, it's been 5 or 6 weeks, right?

6 weeks to the day now.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Its kind of hard to come back to my hunter when I've been playing with all the convenience of a felyne for awhile. While I do like the prepping nature of hunting in MH with making sure to craft, gather and bring along the right tools to survive, after about a hundred hours of that in MH4U, prowler is kind of refreshing/joyfully straightforward.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I actually don't enjoy prowler play all that much

It's interesting for a bit but building gauge can be onerous sometimes since esp for like a boomerang build you feel kinda gimped without both buffs up

And the melee moveset feels a little awkward to me

Orphane on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Its kind of hard to come back to my hunter when I've been playing with all the convenience of a felyne for awhile. While I do like the prepping nature of hunting in MH with making sure to craft, gather and bring along the right tools to survive, after about a hundred hours of that in MH4U, prowler is kind of refreshing/joyfully straightforward.
    The main things that I miss are Farcasters and Capture Guru. But you get free Autotracker, free Hot/Cold resistance, free gathering tools, infinite stamina... lots of cool shit.

You can even "run" while you have your weapon unsheathed! Hold a direction while dodging and keep holding that direction... when your cat gets up to continue walking, they will do the scamper thingy and move faster.

Free tranq bombs, too! Sheathe your weapon and you can toss tranq bombs at your feet on a trapped monster by pressing A.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'd like to see them expand the prowler combat mechanics to be more involved, since that's kinda the whole thing with Monster Hunter. I like the idea, I just don't really think they stuck the landing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah Prowlers are an interesting idea but the feel like a half-formed one compared to everything else. Their advantages (as Hahnsoo pointed out) are awesome but their limitations are pretty dire. Like... armor is just defense and elemental resistance and no skills, they use the same combos for everything despite the design of the actual weapon they're using, and they are complete slaves to the RNG when it comes to all of their skills and abilities save one teachable slot on each.

It's definitely fun and a much better option when gathering than just about anything else, but repeatedly having to chip away at monsters with them is kind of a chore.

That said they are ideal for helping out lower-ranked hunters without being terribly overpowered.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get dung/dung bombs in this game, there's normally some shortcut method before resolving to sticking your hands in poop, I got into HR5 and now Danger quests actually throw up something dangerous occasionally.

• Options
    Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get dung/dung bombs in this game, there's normally some shortcut method before resolving to sticking your hands in poop, I got into HR5 and now Danger quests actually throw up something dangerous occasionally.
    Buy them with Wycademy points from Neko (means "Cat")? I think?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think that the Prowlers have an interesting variety already. The main problem is that one offensive playstyle (Big/Piercing Boomerangs) is so overwhelmingly dominant. I don't think nerfing that style is a good idea, either. They should simply make the other styles more viable. For example: the zero-cost bombs should do slightly more damage and build up meter. Mines should cost zero. There should be a good cheap melee buff (not including Fury mode, which is free for all Prowlers).

Support cats are great for Prowler play in a group. But you can't kill a monster with Health Horns.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    The BIG thing would be simply having more teachable skill slots. I would love a system where all cats are hired with only 2 or 3 skills, and the main point of hiring cats is having them as tutors to expand the knowledge your main cats. Or maybe they can go out on adventures to "learn" skills, a la the cat hunting quests in 4U.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think that the Prowlers have an interesting variety already. The main problem is that one offensive playstyle (Big/Piercing Boomerangs) is so overwhelmingly dominant. I don't think nerfing that style is a good idea, either. They should simply make the other styles more viable. For example: the zero-cost bombs should do slightly more damage and build up meter. Mines should cost zero. There should be a good cheap melee buff (not including Fury mode, which is free for all Prowlers).

Support cats are great for Prowler play in a group. But you can't kill a monster with Health Horns.

I would have loved the zero-cost bombs to build meter (at least on bombing palicoes) because I really really want to play a bombing palico but I'm pretty sure it's....not a really good build

then again im trying to make aerial bow work so i meannnn

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

That's what I assumed, but I don't have the option, perhaps I haven't unlocked some items on the trade list yet.

• Options

That's what I assumed, but I don't have the option, perhaps I haven't unlocked some items on the trade list yet.

Neko's trading list can change between hunts

As in he sells entirely different selections (iirc it's 2 or 3 different sets, one is a bunch of mostly wyvern fangs, one is a bunch of medicines, one is raw meat and sundries)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    And so the long road to the hybusa feather begins.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    My dream: A Prowler with an Insect Glaive. But it wouldn't be a normal Insect Glaive. It would be one of those dangly stick toys (usually called "cat teasers"). The insect would be on a little string at the end of the glaive and you'd boop the monsters on the snoot with it to get your essences.

Prowlers pole-vaulting... the dream.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I wish prowlers could be like konchu except for hunters

Just blasting off bombs and stuff riding piggyback or sitting on a shoulder

Orphane on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

Neko's trading list can change between hunts

As in he sells entirely different selections (iirc it's 2 or 3 different sets, one is a bunch of mostly wyvern fangs, one is a bunch of medicines, one is raw meat and sundries)
    Do you have to do something to unlock the raw meat one? Because I've only ever seen the other two.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I don't remember

All i know is checking in with him occasionally he would sell different sets of items but the one with screamer sacs and wyvern fangs is by far the most common

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Raw meat is unlocked when you break HR, dont know if you can unlock it earlier

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Silver Solmail mixes just fine with Toka as long as you make the waist silver colored.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    That's a hell of a phone post

• Options
    edited August 2016

Damnit. Fixed.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Entaru wrote: »

Damnit. Fixed.

Now i feel like i should have quoted it for posterity

Orphane on
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Hampton Inn still having that deal with Nintendo for wifi I was able to get into a Nibelsnarf room and now i've finished my HR5 weapons (with only 8k money left in my wallet), so now it's time to gun for HR6!

A few of the weapons are sub-peak now: Naag Serpentblade, Drill Lance, Dragonlance Type 43, and Genenam Lance are all one below their final form. Damn Genenam Lance final needs two Bird Wyvern Stones. Lucky enough to have one, but who knows how lucky i'll be going forward?

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    Yeah I guess with the game being out 6 weeks I can see how people have played a lot. I played 24 hours+ in the first 4 days and the biggest thing that stops me is for some reason the 3ds kills my hands now. I never had that issue when I played MH4U. Probably a sign that my health has continued to go down hill =/