As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: sombra uncanceled

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    The Roadhog skin weirds me out due to his sticky out belly button having something hanging from it.

Just......No.

I'm pretty sure I'd play Roadhog a lot more if I actually liked any of his skins.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    I bought Junkenstein, and then opened him in a box about 2 days later, getting back... 200 credits

thanks, Obama

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Kharnor wrote: »
    I bought Junkenstein, and then opened him in a box about 2 days later, getting back... 200 credits

thanks, Obama

that's why you don't buy anything until the end of the event!

• Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

thanks, Obama

You clearly don't understand

fashion

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    The Roadhog skin weirds me out due to his sticky out belly button having something hanging from it.

Just......No.

I'm pretty sure I'd play Roadhog a lot more if I actually liked any of his skins.

The Sharkbait skin continues to be the best. Junks monster looks cool too though. I got that in a loot box and in another one I got the "you want some candy?" Voice line, which I think works pretty well together.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Random legendary skins are good for making me branch out.

I got Lucio's hockey skin and now I like Lucio.

I just got a fancyman McCree skin, so now I have to try him out.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Random legendary skins are good for making me branch out.

I got Lucio's hockey skin and now I like Lucio.

I just got a fancyman McCree skin, so now I have to try him out.

I agree, I got Safari Winston about a week ago and now I feel more compelled to play him even though he's the tank I play the least.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Winston confounds me

I just don't know that there is anything other than going after snipers that he does better than a Reinhardt, and really a Pharah is better for sniper killing than he is plus she has other good offensive uses

He just seems like a jack of all tanks and I don't really find that appealing

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Winston confounds me

I just don't know that there is anything other than going after snipers that he does better than a Reinhardt, and really a Pharah is better for sniper killing than he is plus she has other good offensive uses

He just seems like a jack of all tanks and I don't really find that appealing

He's a flanking tank. He draws attention away from choke points, kills turrets and teleporters and his ult spreads the enemy team out of position.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    winston is very capable of working with your dps folk to take out healers, and he cleans up well after big burst damage

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    literally nobody else is as good at initiating a team fight as Winston is

Winston jumps in, preferably from the side or back, while the main line pushes in

it's extremely effective and hard to deal with

Shorty on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Just......No.

I like his red epic skin a lot

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

thanks, Obama

You clearly don't understand

fashion

If you don't have the skins DURING the event, you can't play seasonal dressup!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Winston is also the best counter to genji, hanzo, symmetra, and tracer to an extent.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Ooh, there's an autograph session immediately following the VAs of Overwatch panel at Blizzcon.

Gonna see if I can get them to sign the Goodie Bag In A Box for me. A gold marker should suffice, as the box is black with blue accents.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Winston is also the best counter to genji, hanzo, symmetra, and tracer to an extent.

if the tracer is half decent Winston is just an ult battery for her

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

Pretty much everyone is an ult battery for Tracer, though

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know I been thinking about ways to make Mercy more dynamic and in line with other supports.

1. I think they should take another shot at that AoE heal cooldown abilty they couldn't get to work.

2. I think it would be interesting if Mercy had the ability to blow her ult on a self revive(that only targets herself) when dead. It would still function normally while she's alive.

The former I feel would make her hands down the best healer which I think is fair for a character that has to focus on healing.

And the ult change would make her ult a lot more dynamic while also being a tough choice.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Good tracers are the great satan

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know I been thinking about ways to make Mercy more dynamic and in line with other supports.

1. I think they should take another shot at that AoE heal cooldown abilty they couldn't get to work.

2. I think it would be interesting if Mercy had the ability to blow her ult on a self revive(that only targets herself) when dead. It would still function normally while she's alive.

The former I feel would make her hands down the best healer which I think is fair for a character that has to focus on healing.

And the ult change would make her ult a lot more dynamic while also being a tough choice.

I can't think of a situation where the second proposal would be a good choice. Either your team is still around and you're useless because you just used your ult, or you revive with no backup and get killed a second time.

Edit: I do think giving Mercy an AoE heal would be a good direction. Having an option for AoE healing outside Lucio would ideally make him less mandatory, though his speed boost would still be pretty powerful. Maybe remove the healing portion from Ana's grenade as well, to keep from forcing every healer to have an AoE option to be viable.

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I think the second choice would be good in situations where both supports, or just you if solo support, goes down and the rest of your team is holding but still needs you. Which given how folks target supports is pretty common.

Like 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't want to use it but having the option would be great.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    If Mercy is healing someone they should absorb some of the damage she takes when she gets shot

also give mercy ice skates

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »

but the thing with winston is he can jump away, get a health pack, and then come back to get shot quicker, similar to a huffing roadhog

you only get so much ult from doing 200 to mercy every thirty seconds, but doing 500 to winston/roadhog every 10 seconds? woof, that's a lotta ult

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    tracer can also operate at a range that makes Winston irrelevant

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    If Mercy is healing someone they should absorb some of the damage she takes when she gets shot

quick question, which characters would you not give ice skates to

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Anecdotal but every time I play Tracer I have never once said

"They have a Winston

oh nooooo"

• Options
    Its funny that Torbjorn is probably the best Tracer counter.

But he's Torbjorn.

• Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »

Bastion and Tracer

But bastion in turret mode should start to slide randomly when the ground below him is frozen, and tracer should trip when she runs on froze ground

Everyone else should have that sweet mei synergy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Winston is not a HARD COUNTER to tracer but I do think he is more effective than many

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »

Bastion and Tracer

But bastion in turret mode should start to slide randomly when the ground below him is frozen, and tracer should trip when she runs on froze ground

Everyone else should have that sweet mei synergy

Even better, bastion should slide backwards as he fires.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Winston can't go initiating fights against tracer by himself. He'll usually lose that.

But he can deter her from diving, put a time limit on how long she can stay on a fight, then punish her once she tries to disengage. And he's godly at being the first one in on a team fight. Monkey needs coordination with his team but he's fantastic in his role.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Now I want the Winter Brawl to be a big ice skating rink and having a selection of characters just race each other.

Bastion can propel itself in turret form but takes turns badly doing so, 76 can sprint but occasionally "trips" ala Smash Bros Brawl (just randomly suffers from a McCree flashbang), Roadhog's hook is reversed to make him drag himself to others but runs really slowly.

• Options
    the best way for Winston to deal with tracer is to wait until she initiates, put a timer on her engagement, then jump on her and drop your bubble after she recalls

• Options
    bah, who needs coordination

just play the hook lotto, you'll hit her eventually

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Now I want the Winter Brawl to be a big ice skating rink and having a selection of characters just race each other.

Bastion can propel itself in turret form but takes turns badly doing so, 76 can sprint but occasionally "trips" ala Smash Bros Brawl (just randomly suffers from a McCree flashbang), Roadhog's hook is reversed to make him drag himself to others but runs really slowly.

Reaper ricochets off walls when using Death Blossom, Tracer can only change direction by blinking

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Reaper ricochets off walls when using Death Blossom, Tracer can only change direction by blinking

Lucio moves normally and wins every time

• Options
    edited October 2016

No no, his Speed Boost is ratcheted up to insane levels but doesn't increase his speed, gotta use it to fuck with others.

Edit: Basically give me Overwatch Karting with each of the Ultimates being character-specific power ups. Just tweak ones like Mercy's to make her immune to incoming attacks or boosts her other items, Ana gets their equivalent of a Star, Lucio gives himself a shield, DVa/Junkrat summons her Mech/his RIP Tire as a Blue Shell, 76 gets Triple Red Shells, Bastion becomes a Tank.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Symmetra moves normally because she isn't going to deal with this silliness.

• Options
    it's true, Sym is very obviously against silliness

• Options
    nah, she conjures a hard light snowmobile

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.