As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon S&M | Genesect codes at certain retailers

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    about the leaked Sun/Moon pokedex
    Are Lunatone and Solrock seriously not in Alola? But... but a sun and moon pokemon...
    What do you think Solgaleo and Lanaala evolve from?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    You know, as much as I had ignored Mimikyu because of all the internet hype about it

Ghost/Fairy is actually a really interesting type combination

Is it immune to shit

it'd be immune to dragon, normal, and fighting

Shit

That's a lot of things to be immune to!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    You know, as much as I had ignored Mimikyu because of all the internet hype about it

Ghost/Fairy is actually a really interesting type combination

Is it immune to shit

it'd be immune to dragon, normal, and fighting

Shit

That's a lot of things to be immune to!

Eh, plenty of ghosts end up with normal, fighting, ground.

Basically, it's just that ghost has two immunities - pair it with anything else with immunities and it stacks up fast. It's sort of like how anything steel type has a crapload of resists.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Playing X for the first time. I just beat the 3rd gym using nothing but my Honedge.

I feel kinda bad. Everyone was like: "We must kung-fu fight now!"

And I'm all like: STAB!
    Ya get it?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, ghost/steel is a stupid typing.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My Honedge is not a lot of use right now

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Ghost Steel is my ghostbuster doujinshi based on Egon Spengler being an otaku

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I had honedge on a run but didn't realise he was that good. Probably I gave him bad moves.

• Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Nah, as far as I can tell, I just coasted on it being a ghost. The steel didn't do it any favors. I just couldn't help doing the joke.

I gave mine CUT, cause theming.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i think i caught a honedge and a litwick real close to each other and sassy candle ghost won out

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I had honedge on a run but didn't realise he was that good. Probably I gave him bad moves.

Doublade qith Eviolite and swords dance is a really nice tank

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Aegislash effectively has 720 BST (shared by Arceus) since he is really slow so he usually tanks a hit from the opposing pokemon with his base 150 defenses, then hits them back with base 150 attack.

Then he can use King's Shield which has priority over any attacking move to switch back into his form with 150 defenses, rinse and repeat.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Shadow sneak + swords dance is honestly what makes the aegislash line so fucking brutal

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I almost never use buffs on my poogles. I tend to give them four attacks. All of the same type.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a time-honoured strategy.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    King's Shield is a really good move standalone.

• Options
    I have had an incredible idea about poogles and poogledexes and I am running it by other people at PA and I hope it is a good idea and we do it because it would be fantastic.

• Options
    I swear I just tried Shadow Sneak on a couple of pokes and it told me it didn't affect them

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I swear I just tried Shadow Sneak on a couple of pokes and it told me it didn't affect them

Were they normal types? Shadow Sneak is a Ghost move after all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Once I beat sun and moon I'm going to immediately start again and do my full ghost run. Or do full ghost now and temporarily abandon completing my poogle dex.

Aaaaaahhhhhh

I did a full ghost run in x/y that was maybe the most fun I've ever had playing pokemon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    about the leaked Sun/Moon pokedex
    Are Lunatone and Solrock seriously not in Alola? But... but a sun and moon pokemon...
    What do you think Solgaleo and Lanaala evolve from?
    A jewel and a cloud.

• Options

Oh
    Yeah I guess they were

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Once I beat sun and moon I'm going to immediately start again and do my full ghost run. Or do full ghost now and temporarily abandon completing my poogle dex.

Aaaaaahhhhhh

I did a full ghost run in x/y that was maybe the most fun I've ever had playing pokemon

I'm considering doing a full bug run for a second go through of Sun/Moon. The Alola dex has some nice bugs.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really liked my Team Jurassic Park run back in Diamond/Pearl

I think it was

Torterra
    Bastiodon
    Rampardos
    Aerodactyl
    Feraligatr
    Aggron

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The Alolan Dex sure has a lot of dragons

May need to utilize that at some point

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Oh
    Yeah I guess they were

Gen 6 tacked on normal to several pokemon that I think would have been mono whatever in previous generations (like litleo and helioptile)

I assume it was part of the push to make up for fairy stealing a good chunk of the classic normal types

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Dragons, I'm hoping that the third Hoenn episode of Generations covers the Rayquaza and Zinnia stuff from the delta episode. Zinnia's a cool character and It'd be great to see her summoning of Rayquaza animated.

Also it would help me learn to pronounce Rayquaza.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Trying another Nuzlocke. So far I have a simisear, azurill, farfetch'd, a diglett I wonder traded froakie for, and now a gulpin. No casualties yet either!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Gotta say it's pretty sweet having aerial ace and knock off before gym number two

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Oh
    Yeah I guess they were

Gen 6 tacked on normal to several pokemon that I think would have been mono whatever in previous generations (like litleo and helioptile)

I assume it was part of the push to make up for fairy stealing a good chunk of the classic normal types

Eh Girafarig, Deerling, and Bibarel all did the "normal plus other type" thing first, so there was precedence. Frankly I'm good with it--Normal was oversaturated with Flying types and needs more other type combos anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Deerling is cool, and good. Mostly because it turns into sawsbuck tho

However the best Normal/Grass type is my close personal friend Skiddoo

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Oh
    Yeah I guess they were

Eh Girafarig, Deerling, and Bibarel all did the "normal plus other type" thing first, so there was precedence. Frankly I'm good with it--Normal was oversaturated with Flying types and needs more other type combos anyway.

Oh no I'm not saying its bad just that some things are normal in gen 6 that I didn't expect to be just from looking at them

Is girafarig normal? Shows how much attention I've every paid to girafarig

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Considering Skiddo is pure Grass type that's kind of an insult to Deerling there, buddy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Oh
    Yeah I guess they were

Oh no I'm not saying its bad just that some things are normal in gen 6 that I didn't expect to be just from looking at them

Is girafarig normal? Shows how much attention I've every paid to girafarig

My guess for Girafarig is that they wanted a Psychic type that was immune to Ghost to help showcase the new Dark type. Like, yes, we realize Shadow Ball wrecks shop now, but look, you can't use it on this one.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Speaking of Dragons, I'm hoping that the third Hoenn episode of Generations covers the Rayquaza and Zinnia stuff from the delta episode. Zinnia's a cool character and It'd be great to see her summoning of Rayquaza animated.

Also it would help me learn to pronounce Rayquaza.

Rah-yuh-quay-zah

is the definitive and not at all incorrect pronunciation

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I always went with Ray-Kwa-Za

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Considering Skiddo is pure Grass type that's kind of an insult to Deerling there, buddy.

What!!! Does it only get normal when it turns to gogoat? Or am I misremembering that line altogether

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

What!!! Does it only get normal when it turns to gogoat? Or am I misremembering that line altogether

it never has normal.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Rachel.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That's how I've always said it, but the kids say Rah-KWAY-Za is correct. I assume they're probably correct, but I will never admit to it.

CorporateRed on
    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.