As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Passion [chat] Soul

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    sugar, yeah
    but crunchy and mildly nutty

there is actually no hfcs in them

but plenty of sugar..

poo
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Happy bday EM

May you find happiness in these, the autumn years of your existence.

With global warming going how it is, all our years will be summer years.

Jesus I hope not. California summers are butts as it is. I'll move to Vancouver if that happens.

So you'd move closer to the methane bubbles of death?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Happy bday EM

Jesus I hope not. California summers are butts as it is. I'll move to Vancouver if that happens.

Wait the what now?

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    on the one hand this pioneer sampler seems gimmicky

on the other hand my buddy got a promo demo to sample and loved it and dave smith's involved...

Are you talking about the DJ controller with the embedded 808?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm definitely ready for summer to be over.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    sugar, yeah

but plenty of sugar..

Do to the HFCS backlash a lot of things that had HFCS are now moving back to sugar in the US. Its kind of interesting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    the rangers are a statistical anomaly this year

they have 47 come-from-behind wins and are now 36-10 in one run games

their run differential is +10, and they lead the AL West by 9.5 games

they are the poster child for regression to the mean, but they just won't regress. they keep winning games in come-from-behind victories by one run

#NeverEverQuit

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    we are now in late september thus the best weather nyc gets

late sept / early oct

so perf

poo
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    override367

no way, $17 an hour is great

it's maybe a bit on the low side, sure, but you're just starting out bro

Eh...$35k/year (assuming full time) for a computer-adjacent job (IIRC?) isn't great. But in theory you should advance past that pretty fast. Don't be afraid to jump jobs, either.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Happy bday EM

Wait what now?

Well, I guess Vancouver isn't as close as I thought to the permafrost.

But still.

The north is scary as f.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Baseball.

Ugh.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

late sept / early oct

so perf

Still high-80s/low-90s here. "Fall weather" is mid/late-October into November for us.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Living in the north is great. Way better than baseball.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

late sept / early oct

so perf

We have had like 2 good days so far.

It keeps regressing back to summer and it is terrible.

I am done with heat indexes over 100 F.

Fuck that shit.

Give me 60's and 70's with 50's at night to open my windows to.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Late september and it's warm and sunny

end of summer was cold and rainy, now september is summer. Madness.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @override367

That's the thing though, I'm not just starting out : /

My problem is that I have no more than 2 years experience in any one kind of IT job, I've been hopping between them (unix admin, help desk, desktop support, end of life support)

I dunno, I think about not taking it and then I my thoughts start to get really dark because I'm not even solvent to pay my credit card bills and rent anymore after this month

I turned down several much higher paying jobs because they were for very low rated companies on Indeed, short term contracts, or very long commutes. This job is under 40 minutes commute and it's consistently rated one of the top ten places to work in Illinois

Plus they're so keen on advancing me that they literally have a pile of certifications that I must get within the next year signed into my employment agreement (including a bonus for each one I complete) so they can promote me

override367 on
  • Options
    If you haven't looked at the game that is the subject of today's PA strip...

oxxrhq3hv1pd.jpg

Yeah. They ripped Overwatch the fuck off.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

on the other hand my buddy got a promo demo to sample and loved it and dave smith's involved...

dunno. he was telling me last week that he was really impressed with the new pioneer sampler, specifically its workflow and ease of use. octatracks are super powerful but creating / loading samples can be a headache, and i could use a really efficient sampler for sample playback

i'm assuming this is the one he was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fgj30cCNw8

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Happy bday EM

Wait what now?

Well, I guess Vancouver isn't as close as I thought to the permafrost.

But still.

The north is scary as f.

Hmm

Point

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Baseball.

Ugh.

:C

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    gooey

but have you considered that the red sox are unstoppable

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Constantly having to crop NSFW content from posts is one of those "shut the chat thread down" things

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

late sept / early oct

so perf

Still high-80s/low-90s here. "Fall weather" is mid/late-October into November for us.

Man the mornings and evenings have been nice though.

• Options
    So yeah the people who thought that leg tattoo pic was over the line, you were correct

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    yeah....

this is why i specifically made sure any of the tattoo pics i posted were of arms
    and none that involved sideboob

poo
  • Options
    yeah....

this is why i specifically made sure any of the tattoo pics i posted were of arms
    and none that involved sideboob

What if it was Peters sideboob?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ahh it has stepped potentiometer locks

that's pretty sweet

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @override367

My problem is that I have no more than 2 years experience in any one kind of IT job, I've been hopping between them (unix admin, help desk, desktop support, end of life support)

I dunno, I think about not taking it and then I my thoughts start to get really dark because I'm not even solvent to pay my credit card bills and rent anymore after this month

I turned down several much higher paying jobs because they were for very low rated companies on Indeed, short term contracts, or very long commutes. This job is under 40 minutes commute and it's consistently rated one of the top ten places to work in Illinois

Plus they're so keen on advancing me that they literally have a pile of certifications that I must get within the next year signed into my employment agreement (including a bonus for each one I complete) so they can promote me

If you haven't graduated or just graduated you're "just starting out" for all intents and purposes in a single career field.

2 years isn't anything for help desk tbh. I get what you're saying though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I want to play this version of mario kart
    sugar, yeah

but plenty of sugar..

Its just a well made classic cereal. Like crispix.

I don't eat cereal often so I won't pretend I eat either of these more than really sickly sweet ones like fruity pebbles but when truly pressed I'd Def lean honey nut or even regular cheerios as amongst my favorites.

Crispix is God tier though. I actually haven't thought about them in a while... A by product of rarely having cereal is that when I do I wanna go all out like the aforementioned pebbles. But damn I could house a box of crispix right now.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

dunno. he was telling me last week that he was really impressed with the new pioneer sampler, specifically its workflow and ease of use. octatracks are super powerful but creating / loading samples can be a headache, and i could use a really efficient sampler for sample playback

i'm assuming this is the one he was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fgj30cCNw8

Kind of kawaii

Let's get a bunch of old DJ premier instrumentals and old Ann peebles records to sample

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    @override367

You made the right choice. As long as the money is enough to cover your bills, the other stuff is what's going to make the job worthwhile. A company financially incentivizing you to learn more so they can promote you is a good company to be with.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @override367

You made the right choice. As long as the money is enough to cover your bills, the other stuff is what's going to make the job worthwhile. A company financially incentivizing you to learn more so they can promote you is a good company to be with.

They gave me an interview for one of their sys admin positions and I whiffed too many questions, so he said I'd have to get certifications (apparently it's a big deal for some status the company has with microsoft that X% of their people have a few certs like MCSE), and get more AD administration experience under my belt

I was like okay so I didnt get the job, then they called and gave me the help desk offer with a bunch of skills improvement milestones in the employment agreement

override367 on
  • Options
    watercolor_sakura_by_koraykaragozler-da2b1sj.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

late sept / early oct

so perf

Hella crisp yo

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @override367 take comfort in the fact you have a job in your career field where they're willing to promote you and get you certified.

I didn't get an offer at the last job I interviewed for because I didn't know how to use a custom e-mail application the company developed and is not available outside their intranet. They brought me up for an interview then hired from within.

The one before that, I didn't have explicit work in certain types of SQL commands, even though they're extremely advanced and outside the job description.

Everywhere I look I don't have the experience outside of 3 years of university work and 5 years of military application, and apparently neither of those means shit.

Build your career and be happy you got hired at a good place.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    My monthly expenses including insurance, rent, and bills right now are under $700, so after taxes that leaves me around $1400 a month to do whatever with (mostly pay off debt)

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    ortiz could hit 40 homers as a 40 year old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Southern California = it will never be autumn again

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I keep accidentally clicking on the AoS thread even though I haven't seen it yet. Argh.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    this company also has a one week all expenses paid vacation (valued around $5000) for all IT staff once per year, it does not subtract from PTO or paid vacation days

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.