As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Simpsons] did it first. A love thread to Thrillho

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Lousy Smarch weather...

Edit, also: Dad! Your hand is caught in the toaster!

Jacques L'Homme on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    DUFFMAN! CAN NEVER DIE! ONLY THE ACTORS THAT PORTRAY HIM!

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Lousy Smarch weather...

Edit, also: Dad! Your hand is caught in the toaster!

DAD IT'S IN THERE AGAIN!

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you hoju.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I watched the Three Hundred Big Boys episode of Futurama last night

one of my favorite lines in that episode is "I'm going to swim with a whale. They're the gentle giants of the ocean." and Farnsworth's response of "I'm well aware of that!"

He just sounds so irritated, it's amazing.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    225px-Hughman.jpg

Hugh Man, sir.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

one of my favorite lines in that episode is "I'm going to swim with a whale. They're the gentle giants of the ocean." and Farnsworth's response of "I'm well aware of that!"

Whale biologist!

Also, my unpopular opinion is the the first Futurama movie is really good.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    bender's big score is very good, yeah

it's kind of just one big love letter to the fans of the show

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Whale biologist!

Also, my unpopular opinion is the the first Futurama movie is really good.

I'm not sure about the "really", but I wholeheartedly agree with the "good".

Sadly, that doesn't apply to the other movies.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah the beast with a billion backs and bender's game were uh....not great

I thought wild green yonder was decent though

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    And now, Duffman has a dinner date with his estranged daughter! Must not bring up why she dropped out of college! It's... TOO SAD!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Yonder was less gimmicky and more character driven which helped.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Has a show ever had more finales than Futurama?

It ended 3 different times

I know Scrubs ended twice, and Supernatural will eventually have to end for a second time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

"Is that a hobbit?"

"No, that's a hobo and a rabbit. But they're making a hobbit."

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Has a show ever had more finales than Futurama?

It ended 3 different times

I know Scrubs ended twice, and Supernatural will eventually have to end for a second time

I think SG-1 had four or five season finales where they didn't know if they were getting renewed or not, I don't know if those count. Plus the one where they thought they were, but they actually weren't. Plus the TV movies.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Ah! I love these lazy Saturdays.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It's Wednesday.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Augh! Work!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    "Homer, the plant called and said if you don't come in today, don't bother coming in Monday."

"Woohoo four day weekend!"

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    I should probably dig this thread up again to mention that FXX is running the marathon again, they're in the middle of season 5 now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    GOODNIGHT SPRINGTON! THERE WILL BE NO ENCORE!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The best part of the marathon is watching the episodes that I thought I had memorized and being surprised by a joke or scene that was cut from the syndication runs.

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The best part of the marathon is watching the episodes that I thought I had memorized and being surprised by a joke or scene that was cut from the syndication runs.

This happened to me while watching "A Milhouse Divided" on DVD.
    You know what you two need? A little comic strip called "Love Is...". It's about two naked eight-year-olds who are married.
    I'd never heard the line before and I laughed so hard I had to pause the episode.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that joke is in syndication

Most times on the DVDs when I hit a joke that was cut out of syndication, I usually think "they made the right call to cut that"

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    bender's big score is very good, yeah

it's kind of just one big love letter to the fans of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDGrNnXSJko

Love this song

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    A lot of the cuts are definitely good ones but sometimes they cut gold and stumbling on it during these full episode runs is amazing. For example, I'm pretty sure the old lady saying the great line "Filthy...but genuinely arousing" while watching her soap opera during the episode where Bart's saving up to buy Radioactive Man #1 is a cut line.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I don't think i've tuned my TV away from FXX in more than 48 hours.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I was at a party playing the simpsons. Came in during Itchy & Scratchy Land, then caught Sideshow Bob Roberts, Treehouse of Horror V, Bart's Girlfriend, and Lisa On Ice before they shut off the TV

like, I think it's easy to forget how hot the hot streaks in the Simpsons Golden Age are, because literally every one of those episodes is can't miss

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Sigh, had cable again for last few month, wasn't using it, but cause some weird plans came with internet that getting an assload of channels was cheaper than just internet with no channels

Saw mention of a simpsons marathon and nope, no FXX in the entire network, sigh.

Oh well back to netflix.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Turned on the TV as I got home from work

And what was on was the booting scene from Bart vs. Australia

This thing really is a treasure

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    1440581104881.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I would have killed for tappa-tappa-tappa.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    IfOd8Tt.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Homer really is the best at sarcasm.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    "Looks like he's barking up the wrong Bush."

"There it is Homer. The cleverest thing you're ever going to say and no one was around to hear it."

• Options
    I like that Simpsons has the same problem that you only see in stuff like Marvel comics

At this point, for Skinnner's Vietnam vet backstory to make sense, you have to assume he's at least 70 years old now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    KalTorak wrote: »
    1440581104881.jpg

there was a petition in Australia to officially get the currency changed to the dollarydoo

I think it got like a million signatures

YaYa on