Options

This Presidential Election is no Forza Horizon 3

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah I mean, literally everything o'keefe has done so far has been total fabrication, so I'm not gonna get excited about anything in there unless someone corroborates like, any of it

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    How would you vote multiple times, anyhow? I thought you get assigned to one place which has your name on a list. Is it different for each state?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know a good way to find approved/non-shady SNL clips outside of Youtube? I'm in Japan and apparently SNL doesn't make their Youtube or main site content available here, and outside of little snippets here and there I can't seem to find a consistent host for that stuff. I don't need the whole show, but I very much want to check out all the election-based stuff if possible.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    is Hulu an option?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    my co-worker was talking today about how Hillary is going to repeal the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments.

I kept my distance

but more seriously, I can at least recognize the thought behind repealing the 2nd, even if it's nonsense. Which conspiracy theory claims the 1st, or the 5th?

Mostly just projection. Trump's stated policy proposals, if you could even call them that, would violate multiple amendments, including the 2nd, but it doesn't even register to them.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    pokemontrump's hair is way too nice

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Do we really need to ruin pokemon too?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Like I would literally not put it past Okeefe to hire actors or hell plant people in liberal organizations to commit the acts they're attacking.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    How would you vote multiple times, anyhow? I thought you get assigned to one place which has your name on a list. Is it different for each state?

If you moved to a different county and the old one hasn't updated it's rolls you could maybe vote absentee from both. Though that should get caught during the various rounds of authenticating the vote.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Man, trump is tyranitar? Fuck all that nonsense, trump is bidoof AT BEST.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Winning Georgia and NC but not SC would break up red state contiguity that always kinda bugs me

But winning all three and Florida would make Clinton the first candidate to sweep the east coast since Washington.

Uhhh... 1984?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Yeah, I watched the O'Keefe video.

I takes a true moron to believe the person pictured is the person on the video, simply by the sideburns alone.

0lk3m5pb79a3.jpg

So the videos are filled with dishonest edits? Two of these people being filmed have been fired so far.

There was a guy fired over the ACORN videos too, and look how that turned out.

Even if the videos are less edited than usual from O'Keefe, at best we've got a situation where staffers who are extremely indirectly related to Clinton say some pretty bad things in response to questions we can't hear, and we know that O'Keefe is pretty legendary about setting up those leading answers.

Googling around, the dude says:
    I am contracted to him [Bob Creamer] but I answer to the head of Special Events for the DNC and the head of special events and political for the campaign. The [Clinton] campaign pays DNC, DNC pays Democracy Partners, Democracy Partners pays the Foval Group, The Foval Group goes and executes the shit…

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

Tyrantrum is one of my favorite Pokemon, this hits way too close to home.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Like I would literally not put it past Okeefe to hire actors or hell plant people in liberal organizations to commit the acts they're attacking.

Yeah my mom called me in a panic asking what it was about like an hour ago. Apparently CNN is covering it with great seriousness and she was worried about this new scandal. I'm like "What are you even talking about" and when she said James O'Keeffe I stopped looking for my remote.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    So Hilary is inviting Mark cuban as a counter trolling effort

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Let's segue into talking about a less irritating bullshit artist.

Y'all remember that story from yesterday about the guy who tweeted pretending to be a postal worker in Ohio destroying Trump absentee ballots? And then the conservative media believed him?

Well this write-up was more in-depth then ones I saw yesterday and the story is actually funnier then it first seems:
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-uh-oh-media-figures-and-officials-got-1476753299-htmlstory.html

Cause it wasn't just like one tweet. This motherfucker trolled them for several replies and they still took it seriously enough that the fucking Postal Service had to release an official reply to it.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    knitdan wrote: »
    Babies love Obama, it is known.

It is known.

By Obama.

gnkxvw7jgkbq.png

tt7p9gghu0if.png

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    "The Trump family loves Skittles analogies. So we used one to explain voter fraud to them."
    Skittles_trump_final.jpg
    Excerpt:
    Loyola Law School’s Justin Levitt did a deep dive into every credible allegation of voter fraud from 2000 to 2014. This includes general, primary, special, and municipal elections.

He told Vox’s German Lopez that he only found 35 cases, even though 834 million ballots were cast in national general elections, and hundreds of millions more in primary, special, and municipal elections, among others.

Having him hold the handful of M&Ms to zoom in on, magnificent.

I don't actually buy that his hands are big enough to hold 35 skittles.

Maybe 8?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I takes a true moron to believe the person pictured is the person on the video, simply by the sideburns alone.

0lk3m5pb79a3.jpg

So the videos are filled with dishonest edits? Two of these people being filmed have been fired so far.

Even if the videos are less edited than usual from O'Keefe, at best we've got a situation where staffers who are extremely indirectly related to Clinton say some pretty bad things in response to questions we can't hear, and we know that O'Keefe is pretty legendary about setting up those leading answers.

Googling around, the dude says:
    I am contracted to him [Bob Creamer] but I answer to the head of Special Events for the DNC and the head of special events and political for the campaign. The [Clinton] campaign pays DNC, DNC pays Democracy Partners, Democracy Partners pays the Foval Group, The Foval Group goes and executes the shit…

I mean, I'm aware that the O'Keefe video exists and Scott Foval talked on it. That doesn't mean I need to give it any credibility.

Again, the ACORN video got a dude fired for what appeared to be giving advice to a child sex trafficker on how to perform tax evasion. It turns out that was like the third time O'Keefe met the guy, and he was doing so as part of a sting/investigation into what the hell kind of crimes O'Keefe's character was committing!

Without collaboration from a real source it is not worth discussing the video, at all. The kind of thing I posted above, while true, is so out of left field it sounds like complete bullshit. The techniques used to get the answers for this video could be similarly crazy, and I'd sound like an idiot for speculating even if one of those idiotic things might actually be how O'Keefe muckraked his way into some interesting clips.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    O'Keefe is full of shit pay no mind

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Winning Georgia and NC but not SC would break up red state contiguity that always kinda bugs me

But winning all three and Florida would make Clinton the first candidate to sweep the east coast since Washington.

Uhhh... 1984?

Depends if you count D.C. as part of the East Coast (I would).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

I know, that's one of my favorite pokes.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    O'Keefe is full of shit pay no mind

Seriously, at this point anything put forward by him should be treated as a fraud until proven otherwise.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Meanwhile in Las Vegas where the debate is being held

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Trump is playing a wrestling heel. I think it's all he knows but maybe he really is a Hillary plant. It's hard to believe anyone could be so idiotic in real life.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    what was the big thing on Warren Maddow?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't see anything anywhere

Xaquin on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

0lk3m5pb79a3.jpg

The problem is that firing/resignation gives the videos credibility and forces the msm to cover them. Not that this is a problem or anything else is a problem. Note that no wikileaks leaks have had any effect on the polls. The only thing I've seen that turned things against Hillary for even a blip was her fainting/whatever on 9/11. Someone should write a PhD thesis on that.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

0lk3m5pb79a3.jpg

The problem is that firing/resignation gives the videos credibility and forces the msm to cover them. Not that this is a problem or anything else is a problem. Note that no wikileaks leaks have had any effect on the polls. The only thing I've seen that turned things against Hillary for even a blip was her fainting/whatever on 9/11. Someone should write a PhD thesis on that.

Yeah, except the exact opposite argument is used when somebody isn't fired and something catches on, It's a catch 22 and the solution is to not push bullshit rather than to blame the inadequacy of the response to bullshit.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Haha. She said "Obama"!!!

Well, not really completely, but there was a Ba sound followed by a Ma sound and clapping at the end of the speech.

Mama's so proud.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Speaking of ACORN, 40% of Trump voters think ACORN is going to steal the election for Hilary.

ACORN disbanded in March of 2010.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I, for one, would like Trump to answer some questions about his god damned emails!
    Trump Organization uses really, really insecure e-mail servers. Sad!

TrumpOrg.com servers use unpatched, unsupported Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.

Hillary Clinton isn't the only one who may have had an e-mail security problem. A security researcher has discovered that the Trump Organization's mail servers all run on a version of Microsoft Windows Server that has been out of support for years, with minimal user security. The e-mail servers for Trump's hotels, golf courses and other businesses run on an unpatched version of Windows Server 2003 with Internet Information Server 6—making them a vulnerable target for anyone who might want to gain access to the organization's e-mails.

Security researcher Kevin Beaumont posted the finding on Twitter at 6:00pm on Monday:

Beaumont also found the Trump Organization's Web-based e-mail access page. Until this morning, the Trump Organization allowed Outlook Web Access (OWA) logins from webmail.trumporg.com. Beaumont said he did not attempt to log into the e-mail system.

The page still presents the header for Microsoft Exchange Outlook Web Access, but it does not completely load. However, enough code for the page loads to reveal that the Web front-end is for a March 2015 build of Microsoft Exchange 2007 (SP3 RU16)—a version with a number of known vulnerabilities.

Someone finds a vulnerability in the DNC e-mail system, and it's hack hack hack! Leak leak leak!

Someone finds a vulnerability in Trump's e-mail system, and it's "Ha, look at the shitty e-mail system."

:rotate:
    Astaereth wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    http://thenextweb.com/artificial-intelligence/2016/10/18/study-bots-accounted-for-a-third-of-all-pro-trump-twitter-activity-during-the-debate/
    A University of Oxford study indicates he may have had some help in the form of pro-Trump Twitter bots. These deplorable-bots (can we make that a thing?) tweeted approximately 576,178 times, accounting for nearly a third (32.7 percent) of all pro-Trump posts that evening and in the four days to follow.

"Deplorabots"

They combine into Bigatron, right?
    Drez wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I saw a pretty slapdash sign in someone's yard yesterday that read, "Trump was a democrate when that video was made ten years ago."

I'm not sure what a democrate is.

Some sort of packing cube that sexually assaults women, I guess? Like a Weighted Companion Cube's evil twin?

This election is weird.

democrate sound like something that would be air dropped in a COD game

Congratulations! By subscribing to EA Origin Early Insider Access, you've earned an EA Origin Early Insider Access democrate full of EA Origin Early Insider Access demos, now linked to your EA Origin Early Insider Access account. Thank you for being a EA Origin Early Insider Access Insiderer.

CoD is Activision, not EA. :wink:

Yeah I know but I don't think Activision had a dumb insider program so the joke wouldn't have worked as well.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

From the new pokemon

CvE8BTZUsAEY5uv.jpg

My friend was complaining she couldn't play the demo anymore because Trump was everywhere. She says this is basically the rattata of the new game.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

That's hurtful to Bidoof. He's an excellent HM slave.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    is Hulu an option?

Nope! Hulu has its own Japanese region, filled with a bunch of Japanese shows and basically no U.S. content whatsoever sadly.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Eddy wrote: »
    Gyral wrote: »
    Trump's so dumb that he thinks it rattles her. Never mind she's been preparing for this for decades. He keeps projecting his own failings on others.

omg is he afraid that hillary's going to parade out a bunch of his sexual assault victims?

what would he even do if that happened? I know hillary's like way, way above that, but..

It'd be interesting to watch, because A. You know he couldn't not say anything and B. I'm not sure that even Donald Trump is stupid enough to insult these women to their faces on live TV, but he just might be.
    Tamin wrote: »
    my co-worker was talking today about how Hillary is going to repeal the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments.

I kept my distance

but more seriously, I can at least recognize the thought behind repealing the 2nd, even if it's nonsense. Which conspiracy theory claims the 1st, or the 5th?

1st so she can persecute those poor christians, 5th so she can throw people in jail on a whim.
    Hevach wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'm curious how the Republicans are going to come back from this in the same rough ideological form that they are now

It seems like it might be hard to calm the divisions considering how acrimonious things have gotten

They'll blame it all on Obama and Clinton.

I think Trump will end up getting blamed. A lot of people said he was a bad idea to begin with, and after the fact everybody else will say they saw it coming.

Once his mercenaries are off payroll and he is sufficiently scapegoated, status quo will return for the time being. 2018 will probably reinforce that with some modest gains.

The problem with the GOP learning anything from 2016 is that Trump is truly unprecedented. It's easy to write off the outcome as an anomaly.

Oh shit, I didn't think about that.

Trump is going to lose his spin-staff if he loses.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    haha, they really grounded Assange. Finally. Amazing. Thank you, world.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    The Republican leadership will forget all about Trump. But if Trump really wants his tv network or to just generally be a demagogue for the deplorables, I don't think they'll leave him at this point. The party civil war is only over when arrimo is done with it, and who knows with him.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    haha, they really grounded Assange. Finally. Amazing. Thank you, world.

That's what you get for not doing your chores around the embassy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I do find it an interesting stand for the Ecuadorian embassy.

So while I agree that Assange was deliberately being manipulative, what effect does Ecuador suppose the actual Wikileaks plays? Everything Assange releases affects elections, short term or long term. That seems like a really hard line to draw, only made easier this time by Assange stepping back from actual releases in order to play prank-bro.

Priest on
This discussion has been closed.