As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He's got a debatable patient list [Doctor Strange]

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Now, the real question I have, is will the movie include Strange causing a new financial crisis through reckless inflation?

20zyEZ1.jpg

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I could measure that wealth

Just give me a bit

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    The funny thing is, I don't think Strange has ever been depicted as being able to just create something from nothing. When means he conjured all that money from somewhere. Did he just rob a bank?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    The funny thing is, I don't think Strange has ever been depicted as being able to just create something from nothing. When means he conjured all that money from somewhere. Did he just rob a bank?

"Doctor, why is the money screaming into my mind?"
    "Well I can't rob a bank on this plane, that's illegal!"

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Okay, this movie is great, I liked it about as much as Ant-Man.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Give me your rankings, saru-kun

Begin the ancient ritual anew

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    didn't we have a forum wide spreadsheet at some point since it came up so often

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Podcast idea: let's place every episode of agents of shield

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Right after Avengers 2 came out, I could probably dig it up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mid-credits scene is pretty fucking funny.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I wonder if people have re-evaluated since then

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I really, really loved the climax and it's resolution. It is

clever, I guess? Super clever.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Found it

Averaging out over 100 ballots received

#11: The Incredible Hulk
    #10: Iron Man 2
    #9: Thor: The Dark World
    #8: Thor
    #7: Captain America: The First Avenger
    #6: Iron Man 3
    #5: Iron Man
    #4: Avengers: Age of Ultron
    #3: Guardians of the Galaxy
    #2: The Avengers
    #1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

So, how is
    Dormammu? It's basically an open secret that he's in the movie at this point. Does he talk?

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Some comments have been made that the plot is "stupid". Did you feel that way?

Quire.jpg
  • Options

Found it

Averaging out over 100 ballots received

#11: The Incredible Hulk
    #10: Iron Man 2
    #9: Thor: The Dark World
    #8: Thor
    #7: Captain America: The First Avenger
    #6: Iron Man 3
    #5: Iron Man
    #4: Avengers: Age of Ultron
    #3: Guardians of the Galaxy
    #2: The Avengers
    #1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

This is a fairly solid list still, honestly

I bet Avengers 2 drops a few spots if we re-did it

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Okay, this movie is great, I liked it about as much as Ant-Man.

I should get a feel for how much you liked Ant-Man before disclosing how much I winced.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I still don't understand why people liked iron man 3 that much

I thought it was maybe incrementally better than iron man 2

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

And I don't understand how it's not in the top 3

OPINIONS!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    For those who aren't sure if Doctor Strange is gonna do well, it is projected to be the biggest international release of the year. So far. Because Rogue One is gonna beat it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fun facts

- Thor recieved no #1 votes
    - Iron Man 3 was the only movie to get at least 1 vote in every spot
    - Thor 2 received no votes above #4
    - Winter Soldier had the highest single percentage of any movie, with #1 votes being 40%

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

It's funny, very stylized, does some comparatively heavy character work an has some really cool action scenes.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The fact that they put out an Iron Man movie where one of the core plot points is Tony struggling with PTSD is pretty amazing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The fact that they put out an Iron Man movie where one of the core plot points is Tony struggling with PTSD is pretty amazing

He did a pretty good job of playing it too. I suppose they couldn't have his anxiety attacks be completely incapacitating, the way my PTSD-induced anxiety attacks do, because RDJ in the fetal position half-conscious probably doesn't make for exciting superheroics. But he definitely got the general feel across. Especially in the way that you'll be fighting it and fighting it, and then one little itty bitty insignificant thing or thought will push you over the edge and it completely knocks you on your ass.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Iron Man 3's only real flaw is that the MCU (or more accurately Iron Man) has to continue past it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Iron Man 3's only real flaw is that the MCU (or more accurately Iron Man) has to continue past it.
    People bring this up a lot but I think Tony's trajectory since then has made a ton of sense.

And it also does something that you rarely see. Epiphanies don't solve all your problems.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm just glad that they aren't going to constantly come up with reasons as to why Pepper isn't showing up anymore and had them break up. Hopefully they'll do the same thing with Portman and Thor 3.

Ceno on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    On the one hand it's a path less trodden to not have everything be super great for Tony after IM3, on the other hand it's fucking sad how his life fell apart in the run up to and during Civil War.

• Options
    I think Spider-Man will be part of building Tony back up after Civil War for him and RDJ to go out on top with Infinity War

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really want to see him in the mentor role.

• Options
    They need to have Tony become a good father figure to peter

Its kind of the only path I can see back to happiness for him and it will make me a lot less angry about the last movie if they pull it off correctly

• Options
    People bring this up a lot but I think Tony's trajectory since then has made a ton of sense.

And it also does something that you rarely see. Epiphanies don't solve all your problems.

Sure but the immediate jump from that to Iron Man Nazi Hunter is pretty jarring. Like if he hadn't been involved in the initial fight of A of U it would work a lot better.

Like the Ultron program was his attempt to retire, but he fucks that up and has to rejoin the fray.

Granted I think the A of U opening fight is one of the worst action scenes in the MCU.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    They need to have Tony become a good father figure to peter

Its kind of the only path I can see back to happiness for him and it will make me a lot less angry about the last movie if they pull it off correctly

I already really liked their relationship in Civil War, pair that maybe with an awkward romance plot between Tony and Aunt May with Happy egging him on and that will be a damn fun chunk of that movie

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Sure but the immediate jump from that to Iron Man Nazi Hunter is pretty jarring. Like if he hadn't been involved in the initial fight of A of U it would work a lot better.

Like the Ultron program was his attempt to retire, but he fucks that up and has to rejoin the fray.

Granted I think the A of U opening fight is one of the worst action scenes in the MCU.

I've long since recognized that we just don't have the same taste in films and thats fine, but I usually get where you're coming from

cannot wrap my head around that

• Options
    It's super floaty and the CGI is some of the most badly done in the series. And I dunno. I get it's supposed to be more introduction to the characters than high stakes battle, but even still it's too light and jokey. Totally at odds with the rest of the movie.

I think it also tries too hard to have a lot of iconic shots and fumbles the points between them.

Basically it's trying waaaaay too hard to be cool.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I like ultron the best but the cgi is often bad yeah, and both of those "iconic" shots they tried fell flat

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'm just glad that they aren't going to constantly come up with reasons as to why Pepper isn't showing up anymore and had them break up. Hopefully they'll do the same thing with Portman and Thor 3.

They did!
    Portman is not in Ragnarok

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »

They did!
    Portman is not in Ragnarok

Excellent!
    Sif for life

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Saw this! Great spectacle, decent laughs, good characters, kinda flat climax. MCU needs more diversity that isn't just black dudes, but Tilda was great as Gabriel The Ancient One. Pretty good performances all round.
    Character development felt a little unearned, or maybe the passage of time didn't show super well (in all the bits where it was a factor). Stakes never felt particularly high. Didn't stay to the very end of the credits, that supposed scene is a bummer.

Fun film, nothing special if you don't have any particular fondness for the characters I think.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I wondered when they'd start showing clips of the other dimensions, but the best I can find is a small clips at :28 to :33 that shows a bit more of the weird landscapes. Spoilers, obvs.

https://youtu.be/ZKyiTTYe6CY

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.