As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimate [chat]bee

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    This Bundy thing has done wonders for my already excellent mood.

I am going to eat my feelings, I think that will (not) help!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Chat, question: my in-laws are fine, could have done so much worse. There exists a low to mid level of favoritism towards the eldest sister (not my wife). Is this worth bringing up or just roll with it? Keep in mind they are good to us despite being obviously GREAT to my sister in law.

there lies danger my friend

just let it be

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Vine is closing down?

Fucking 2016. Worst year ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhVaorlLdw

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Hey, I won my department's costume contest and got a free TV. :D But it's a TV that I already own. Hrm. TV in the bathroom, maybe? :D

tv next to your other tv two tvs tv city tv every day two times

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hey, I won my department's costume contest and got a free TV. :D But it's a TV that I already own. Hrm. TV in the bathroom, maybe? :D

Give it to me, mine's broken

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chat, question: my in-laws are fine, could have done so much worse. There exists a low to mid level of favoritism towards the eldest sister (not my wife). Is this worth bringing up or just roll with it? Keep in mind they are good to us despite being obviously GREAT to my sister in law.

How long have you been married?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

you laugh but

we have two TVs in our living room

so one person can movie while another vidjas

and it is civilization

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
  • Options

you laugh but

and it is civilization

who's laughing

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

11 years.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I bribed the judges with my Monopoly money. :D I think that pushed the vote over the top.

IT'S RIGGED.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Everyone here deserves two TVs in their living room.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I really, really don't understand the law. Not even a little bit.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    God, last week's lab was on crayfish neurophysiology, basically

I am grading papers (just the first one so far, actually)

I have so many useless comments that aren't even going to knock down points on what I suspect is going to be one of the best papers I see

• Options

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

Honestly, I don't know. How much is it impacting your life?

If it's a relatively minor impact, you can just accept it, and keep it in mind when making plans. You trust them to be consistent and that's all.

If it's a moderate impact or if you think the impact might increase in the future, you could take precautions. For example, do they have a will? Do you know if your wife and your sister-in-law are represented equitably in that will? Maybe your sister could have an end-of-life discussion with them without directly accusing them of favoritism.

If it's a major impact, then you should probably bring it up. I'm not married, but I'm reminded of an ex who I was with for quite a while. Her mother blatantly favored my 'sister-in-law' to such a degree that it really was a problem. After noticing the behavior, I spoke with my 'grandmother-in-law' and found out that it had been going on for so long that it had financially fucked my ex. That was a pretty extreme situation, and we addressed it directly, but my ex's mother was stubborn as hell about it and completely in denial.

• Options

you laugh but

and it is civilization
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECu1fR0dWE

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »

It sure gives precedent.

Let it be known carrying firearms to your protest is still considered peaceful and non-violent.

................... :confused:

• Options
    you guys can Starman it up but I have a strict one screen in view at a time policy

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »

This thing ain't the law. This thing is jurors, who are people. I don't understand jurors.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    WTF how can you watch a movie next to someone playing a game? That would drive me crazy even if both of you were using headphones.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    WTF how can you watch a movie next to someone playing a game? That would drive me crazy even if both of you were using headphones.

Well I usually play video games with the volume off and subtitles on unless I'm really invested in the audio.

• Options
    (with special exceptions granted to wacky dual-screened Nintendo systems)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I love the idea of jury nullification and I think it's important even though sometimes it really pisses me off.

Much like, y'know, freedom of speech.

Or democracy.

Feral on

• Options
    (or like dual monitor set ups are fine)

(look the point is if you pull out a phone while a movie is on I will end you)

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

but mooom this movie is boring

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

You will watch this 15 minute slow pan of a chicken and you will like it, it's art.

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

2001 is a classic now put away facebook and stare at things slowly moving across space for three hours

• Options

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

It's minor. My wife, and me by extension, are perpetually the young kids while sister in law has always been a "respected peer".

It has bugged my wife for much longer. I just don't like stirring the pot so close to home.

• Options

Oh man you would die at my house.

It's pretty typical for me to be playing a vidja on one TV while occasionally checking my phone, netflix going on second TV, girlfriend with her phone out, husband on his laptop and occasionally checking his phone.

• Options

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

It's minor. My wife, and me by extension, are perpetually the young kids while sister in law has always been a "respected peer".

It has bugged my wife for much longer. I just don't like stirring the pot so close to home.
    The reasonable thing would be to just wait and complain about it at their funeral.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    This Bundy thing has done wonders for my already excellent mood.

I am going to eat my feelings, I think that will (not) help!

Wait what happened?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    lfpzjrbpzonm.jpg
    My MarsDuna expedition has arrived and it's off to a rocky start, if you ignore the actual start at launch where I missed the ideal launch window by like, 6 months.

Things were going great aside from a mishap, where somehow during construction my Duna rovers heat shield ended up welded to the internode assembly of the faring (I'll chuck the whole thing into Duna later on and see what happens, hoping for the best!). I sent off my first small comm sat to Duna's moon Ike along with a rover. But then, when I decoupled my large comm sat and wriggled it out between the main ship and the welded Duna rover, things went awry and I lost control over the small sat and the rover. After some troubleshooting it turns out the large comm sat had my only relay antennae, without which I can't relay control from my spare pilot on the main ship to my probes. So aside from the large comm sat that I need to guide into a polar orbit to fulfill a contract, I'm mostly dead in the water until some of my long range satellites and Kerbin come into a more favorable alignment.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    oh no this anime is turning into an anime

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    My brother is an elector for Jill Stein. I'm so disappointed.

But why?

Why is he doing it or why am I disappointed?

• Options
    edited October 2016

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

For me, it would be a question of what are the actual concrete real-world effects of the favoritism.

If your wife is emotionally invested in the idea that parents are supposed to love their children equally and just feels insulted... well... I acknowledge that you love and respect your wife but to be blunt, that's just not reality. Parents are going to treat their children differently and you just have to accept that.

It shouldn't be a thing that financially/logistically/physically fucks you over, like in a will, or if they demand that holiday plans totally cater to the other sibling, and so forth.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Feral on

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    can I get a brief review of this cover letter somebody pls

also ps cover letters are fucking dumb why is this requireddddddddddd
    Enclosed please find my resume in application for a Structural Engineer position at the New York, NY office of the McLaren Engineering Group. While the past seven years of my career have been largely spent on the design and delivery of various complex bridge projects, I have still maintained and improved upon my knowledge of building design gained via the University of California Berkeley and through quality building design firms such as Degenkolb and Halvorson and Partners. I have done so via occasional, smaller projects at my current employer, personal study and through attendance of various lectures and symposia.

I look forward to discussing how my experience and accomplishments make me a strongly qualified candidate for this position with you in the near future.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Ammon Bundy tweeted "Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are we at last."

神は死んだ...

• Options

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

The reasonable thing would be to just wait and complain about it at their funeral.

I've got a lifetime of no respect. My poor wife thought if she got married and had kids like her older sister she'd be on the same level...LOL what is hope!

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

11 years.

Wow. Alright.

I've got a lifetime of no respect. My poor wife thought if she got married and had kids like her older sister she'd be on the same level...LOL what is hope!

maybe if she had married better...

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.