As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Noblegarden is two DPS legendaries. [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i got my good as hell cat

sq58buk4vfaf.jpg

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Its nice to know that everyone is a paladin here.

are you a paladin? you have to tell me if you are

I'm several paladins.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'm going to blame my inconsistent performance on the fact my computer spent half the night dropping frames for no readily apparent reason.

I got a Prydaz drop out of it, so good raid.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    AK40 on the PTR currently caps out at 1,165,000 percent of base

So the daily heroic reward gives just over 4.5 million AP

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    so you mean i have to do TWO dailies to get a weapon to 35?

no sale

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    According to MMO champion theres new rewards for the emissary caches, a mount for each faction. Theres a stupid Hyppogryph, a Kirin Tor magic Carpet, a not ghost moose, a dragon, and a Dream Runner.

Finally I can ride astride a unicorn.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    The post on the 7.2 trait on mmo champ just rubs me the wrong way.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The post on the 7.2 trait on mmo champ just rubs me the wrong way.

"We understand that most people are feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of RNG involved in this expansion, so we're making our new progression model into a proc because we felt it wasn't random enough"

Ok Blizzard, it's time to stop making everything somehow have a random element. Wind it back a bit, it's getting fucking ridiculous. I get the reasoning behind this, but introducing yet another bit of RNG to an expansion that is hugely criticised for it's randomness? Not a good look.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I'm more concerned that a proc like that is disproportionately better for classes with good scaling, although the % damage buff is the same I guess where it makes the rich richer and bottom specs get less value out of it. I'm expecting the exact same balance woes to crop up in 7.2 because despite myriad buffs they're ignoring the source of why bad specs are falling behind consistently

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I'm more concerned that a proc like that is disproportionately better for classes with good scaling, although the % damage buff is the same I guess where it makes the rich richer and bottom specs get less value out of it. I'm expecting the exact same balance woes to crop up in 7.2 because despite myriad buffs they're ignoring the source of why bad specs are falling behind consistently

I'm pretty sure this is intentional. They've given themselves hundreds of little dials they can turn if any spec falls behind, with the intention of always adjusting those dials every time they fall behind without even acknowledging the reason why they need to do all those changes in the first place.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

it took them 4 years to realize charge and stealth were problem mechanics in hearthstone

blizzard don't care

• Options
    I know it's all arbitrary but why does everything have to be in the millions for numbers?

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I was so looking forward to there not being another AP dump trait, too.

Javen on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I think that having to redo the AK grind might do me in.

Dailies are profoundly unfun and if there's not a good alternate way to get resources there's a good chance I peace out completely before 7.3.

• Options
    I know it's all arbitrary but why does everything have to be in the millions for numbers?

Because when they squished the stats they forgot to also smooth out the exponential curve they were using for stats, combined with ilvls rising faster than ever, and now the numbers are even more stupid than they were pre-squish.

• Options
    SomethingAwfulSomethingAwful Registered User regular
    After watching Griffin McElroy's Peacecraft, I'm really feeling the draw back to this game. I've been clean over four years!

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Because when they squished the stats they forgot to also smooth out the exponential curve they were using for stats, combined with ilvls rising faster than ever, and now the numbers are even more stupid than they were pre-squish.

They actively said they didn't want the stat curve to flatten out for new content, because they didn't want to make the power gains from new tiers etc to feel as anemic as it would have otherwise. There was a blue post a long time ago where they actually brought out graphs and stuff to illustrate the models they ran while explaining why they landed where they did.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    After watching Griffin McElroy's Peacecraft, I'm really feeling the draw back to this game. I've been clean over four years!

Hey revash!

There are things about the game that are better than they've ever been, and brand new annoyances. I would say that the new expansion is worth a look for sure just to see how far the game has come. But there's even more treadmills than ever now, so the burnout gets pretty bad after a while,

rhylith on
  • Options
    SomethingAwfulSomethingAwful Registered User regular

Hey revash!

There are things about the game that are better than they've ever been, and brand new annoyances. I would say that the new expansion is worth a look for sure just to see how far the game has come. But there's even more treadmills than ever now, so the burnout gets pretty bad after a while,

I doubt I'd ever get as deep into the game as I used to. Just want to fly around Azeroth for those nostalgia feels.

I do miss the days of dying repeatedly by pulling the boss. Good times.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I don't know why I thought the Suramar quest weren't rep locked guess that's what I get for being lazy

Hows long insurrection take anyways?

After this and balance of power maybe I'll finally mess around in lvp

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

Hey revash!

I doubt I'd ever get as deep into the game as I used to. Just want to fly around Azeroth for those nostalgia feels.

I do miss the days of dying repeatedly by pulling the boss. Good times.

The new leveling content is the best it has ever been, and the new dungeons and raids are good for the most part. The other stuff (artifacts, random legendary drops, order resources, etc.) is maybe the grindiest and most unpleasant it's been aside from maybe the very beginning of pandas.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Don't be silly, World Quests are totally different from dailies
    Let me explain the many ways
    scene missing

mkc.png
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Don't be silly, World Quests are totally different from dailies
    Let me explain the many ways
    scene missing

There's just a lot of them!

But they're the same quests you did while leveling!

Hooray!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Also there's a pretty good chance you'll get absolutely nothing from them, but you still have to do them anyway just in case

mkc.png
  • Options
    AP is basically fine though imo. They said they messed up making the 35+ trait too powerful in 7.0 so the next dump trait is much less powerful and additional ranks aren't as important. I like having constant small progress and I've never once been bothered to grind for AP

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    50k OR for advancements in 7.2 is dire, though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

Yeah that's like the worst part

Oh boy mindless dailies

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    No internet until next Thursday

Rip my draught

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "At the start of the expansion, crafted gear was exciting and useful. Over time that became less of the case, as other options became available."
    yeah right, it was only desirable until mythic+ unlocked, and then was totally obliterated from anyone's consciousness as soon as emerald nightmare unlocked

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ha ha ha
    "Second (and more importantly), it allows for player skill to play more of a factor. If you're the sort of player who can pay attention to procs and adjust your rotation on the fly (say, a healer who chooses to use cheaper spells while it's active, or a damage-dealer who saves a charge of their hardest-hitting ability), you're going to get more value out of the new trait than someone who ignores it."
    you heard him halt your rotation until the proc goes off, that will improve your DPS!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Saving a charge of your hardest hitting ability just for this proc.

Which hardest hitting abilities have a charge?

• Options
    Having AP and also loot just feels like running two treadmills at the same time, often in opposite directions. Like the best way to get AP is pretty much the exact opposite way to get loot that you'll actually use. If they equalize it a bit better that might help, but so far even the changes they've made on the PTR are pretty inadequate.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "At the start of the expansion, crafted gear was exciting and useful. Over time that became less of the case, as other options became available."
    yeah right, it was only desirable until mythic+ unlocked, and then was totally obliterated from anyone's consciousness as soon as emerald nightmare unlocked

I'm not sure crafted gear was even relevant as long as that. Sure maybe for the world first content pushing types who didn't mind dropping 10s of ks of gold on crafted gear and dust to get the ilevels as soon as possible, but with world quests and regular heroics it was pretty easy to get decent gear without the huge gold sink.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Crafted gear would have been fine, though outdated quickly, if it weren't for that awful as heck quest to unlock the forge.

Javen on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I still get really confused how people burned through em so fast, I have enough to pay for the whole shebang currently and I dont really go out of my way to acquire resources considering I don't get ALL my emissaries done if I'm lazy/have other stuff to play and on days I do have time usually just getting the OR world quests done in the required zones is enough

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

I still get really confused how people burned through em so fast, I have enough to pay for the whole shebang currently and I dont really go out of my way to acquire resources considering I don't get ALL my emissaries done if I'm lazy/have other stuff to play and on days I do have time usually just getting the OR world quests done in the required zones is enough

I log in daily and do all the AP and gold missions.
    Plus ill do both the nighthold and the emerald nightmare missions which cost 1k ap a pop
    Also ill buy 2 bonus rolls a week for another 3k resources (I get that one broll for like 50 or whatever in the class hall)

Im basically going though like, 6k+ resources a week.

Also when I do my emissaries I never go out of my way to hit up the OR wq's. I choose the fastest possible, which is usually a wardens, or like the wind, or barrels or what have you. So I never specifically get extra OR from anywhere.

Oh and I dont have a bodyguard with the OR stuff equipped because Im using all 5 of my boys for missions.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Crafted gear would have been fine, though outdated quickly, if it weren't for that awful as heck quest to unlock the forge.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. By the time you were able to craft anything of worth, you'd already ruin enough required dungeons to obviate it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If you haven't gone through all the zones and collected chests and killed rare mobs, I heartily suggest you do so. Each one with worth at least 70 resources, and I have to imagine there's probably upwards of 100 of those per zone?

• Options

I basically haven't done world quests in like 3 months. A brief period of diligence right when the legendary upgrades became available so I'd be ready for raids, but other than that, nothing.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.