As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The time I accidentally framed my uncle for murder and he got the chair

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    The time I accidentally framed my uncle for murder and he got the chair

Just a classic sitcom whoopsadaisy

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    We're gonna have to have a person on this show who is just furiously checking the statute of limitations before any guest gets too far into their story

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    podcasts are like international waters, man. everything's legal in podcasts

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Actually only one podcast is like International Waters

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Actually only one podcast is like International Waters

to be clear, joel, if you bring this post up on petty party you will not win

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Podcast about the list of crimes I would commit to keep up on Little Witch Academia

Hundreds of episodes already planned

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    is international waters a real show or just a series of ads

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    is international waters a real show or just a series of ads

Modern media asks, "what's the difference, anyway?"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Podcast about the list of crimes I would commit to keep up on Little Witch Academia

This story escalates in a way that makes Breaking Bad look tame

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

i heard radius threw a pizza onto the statue of liberty. from the ground!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    ITT people take the side of a corporation being a tit about their distribution model.

Nah. Like I'm generally an anti-corporate dude, but I don't try to make it anti-creator at the same time. This is someone mad that they aren't being catered to rather than some great means to sticking it to the man.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    holy shit the radio in giant machines

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

i heard radius threw a pizza onto the statue of liberty. from the ground!
    lIWwAdr.jpg

Radius on
  • Options
    I think we should interview our parents about their crimes. Dad Crimes and Mom Crimes.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    ITT people take the side of a corporation being a tit about their distribution model.

Nah. Like I'm generally an anti-corporate dude, but I don't try to make it anti-creator at the same time. This is someone mad that they aren't being catered to rather than some great means to sticking it to the man.

I think part of why I find positions like Nick's silly is that there is an absolute glut of entertainment out there. A truly staggering, impossible-to-consume-in-one-lifetime amount. And to get haughty and indignant when one thing is a mild inconvenience to access, to spin regular ol low-key theft as necessary because you're so goshdarn affronted - it just feels... Dumb.

It's all so incredibly low stakes. The emotional investment he seems to have put in to his position seems staggeringly incommensurate with his decision to torrent a cartoon.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I think part of why I find positions like Nick's silly is that there is an absolute glut of entertainment out there. A truly staggering, impossible-to-consume-in-one-lifetime amount. And to get haughty and indignant when one thing is a mild inconvenience to access, to spin regular ol low-key theft as necessary because you're so goshdarn affronted - it just feels... Dumb.

It's all so incredibly low stakes. The emotional investment he seems to have put in to his position seems staggeringly incommensurate with his decision to torrent a cartoon.

Anime does strange things to men's minds.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think we should interview our parents about their crimes. Dad Crimes and Mom Crimes.

Yeah I would absolutely try and get some Mom and Pop Cons involved.

But maybe that's because I know how many crimes my parents have assuredly committed.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

But maybe that's because I know how many crimes my parents have assuredly committed.

Oh yeah, my family has amazing stories I would never dream of posting on a public forum. Even well beyond the statute of limitations.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    On the Nick Robinson thing

Would y'all change your opinion if we were talking a pre-order instead of a Netflix subscription?

Like, say he pre-ordered this show, it's a non-refundable pre-order, but he has to wait until the end of the season for it to be delivered

Is that a different judgment for you?

• Options

My mom once volunteered to help in a police training exercise. They were teaching the young cops how to administer field sobriety tests, how to read how drunk some one is, etc. So they took about a dozen volunteers, and got them progressively drunker, testing them at various intervals.

The volunteer crowd was mostly broke college kids, and then my 50-year-old mom and her best friend. They drank the college kids under the fucking table, repeatedly stymied the field tests, and then stole all of the leftover liquor from the cops.

• Options
    Not really no. Like I think it's really silly to try and justify it at all. Like I don't have a hardline pirating status until you make it into a philosophical stance really. Just be honest you're impatient and want something for free. I mean it's not like a huge moral failing there.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    As much as a show can be significant Little Witch Academia is significant

it isn't just any anime, it's the anime this season. It's the anime that everyone in anime circles is talking about as it comes out.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

it isn't just any anime, it's the anime this season. It's the anime that everyone in anime circles is talking about as it comes out.

I mean, then pirate it

but don't say that what you're doing isn't pirating

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

How are you supposed to get your point across with only one set of italics?

• Options

Look

Italics are fun

• Options

Look

Italics are fun

italics are fun!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I made the mistake of reading the actual tweets and responses. I am now pulling my hair out.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Italics are fun?

• Options
    Not really no. Like I think it's really silly to try and justify it at all. Like I don't have a hardline pirating status until you make it into a philosophical stance really. Just be honest you're impatient and want something for free. I mean it's not like a huge moral failing there.

Fair enough.

Because I'd say part of the contention for me is the fact that this is Netflix. And Nick already pays for Netflix, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure he wasn't planning on subscribing to Netflix just to get access to this anime. Which, for me, makes it feel a lot worse. Which might not be wholly logical, I admit. But to me at least, it feels like there's a significant difference.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017

Look

Italics are fun

italics are fun!

I never learned how to use italics correctly.

It's a big problem for me.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Italics are fun!

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    I made the mistake of reading the actual tweets and responses. I am now pulling my hair out.

To me, the thing that drives me nuts is the insistence that its NOT piracy

I really don't care what you do, but this is some weird backbending to make yourself feel in the right

• Options
    it's-a me, mario

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    it's-a me, mario

no Mitchell

Italics

Not Italians

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    bullshit

TheySlashThem on
  • Options

Fair enough.

Because I'd say part of the contention for me is the fact that this is Netflix. And Nick already pays for Netflix, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure he wasn't planning on subscribing to Netflix just to get access to this anime. Which, for me, makes it feel a lot worse. Which might not be wholly logical, I admit. But to me at least, it feels like there's a significant difference.

As someone who has practically everything I've ever made floating around on torrent sites I roll my eyes a lot at justification I suppose. I mean it's not torrented enough to really harm me financially cause I'm practically and happily a nobody. And I like don't actually care a whole lot. But seeing someone throw around justifications that they are doing it because of anti-consumerism behaviors, or to keep up with the dialogue, or whatever just exhausts me.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

To me, the thing that drives me nuts is the insistence that its NOT piracy

I really don't care what you do, but this is some weird backbending to make yourself feel in the right

Oh yeah, it's definitely still piracy

There are some instances in which I might consider it justifiable piracy

But that doesn't mean it ain't piracy

• Options
    Is this all emphasis or sarcasm

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I think Robinson's accusation that those upset with him have no knowledge of the industry is what really set me on fire. Video games and their respective journalism/Youtube aren't the same industries as television or anime?

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.