Go outside you Vitamin D deficient [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    taxes are easy over here, there's literally an app for it

it costs about 10 or 15 bucks each year but it's totally worth it

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    oh who wants to be on the planning committee for our 10 year wedding anniversary this year

I need some people to brainstorm / bounce ideas around with

CN Tower Edgewalk

Followed by dinner inside the CN Tower

Followed by some sort of theater show, at this point things matter less 'cause you've had a few drinks

Followed by the Brass Rail

Followed by the hotel room :winky:

hmm that reminds me im supposed to go to Toronto for work in April but idk if my passport is still valid

how do I check that again? gotta find it first I guess but what if it got lost in the move?

I suggest standing outside your nearest Canadian embassy and loudly bellowing the questions you just posted

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious for president

I can say unequivocally I'd be better than trump.

I'm not sure I'd trust you with nukes either, though

But then that list is pretty short, to be fair

You can trust me with nukes

Def

Definitely

The only thing you can't trust me with is a massive AI that controls information flow to people, because I'd abuse the fuck out of that.

Not that I'm convinced we'd be worse off, but.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2017
    Podly wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I recently converted my townhouse to an orphanage/school for spies (I dubbed it the Moloch Sreet Home for Youths of Unusual Aptitude) and I have undertaken the long and expensive process of trying to get the place fixed up and nice
    Much-needed help

You fill empty cupboards, warm cold rooms. You contract a tailor to alter the clothes to a suitable size. You purchase wooden toys (and ensure there are none of the more voracious clockwork variety among them). Your assistants line up the urchins in your parlour to explain how you, their benefactor, have just improved their lives. They have laid out a cold collation to celebrate the occasion.

One of your orphans wrinkles his nose. "Is this turtle-cheese? I 'ates turtle-cheese. Why don't we ever get nuffink nice?"

Another orphan is smearing something mucoid on the underside of your table. There is a yell as a small girl attempts to insert a small boy into an ottoman. It was ever thus.

I'm gonna rob it

@Podly i would expect no less....

esp if it involves a ridiculous scheme like putting on a wig and like, trying to pretend to be an orphan or something

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    My coworkers are fuckers.

They found out I was eating healthier and they have been relentless stopping by my office offering up treats, snacks, and baked goods. Usually they ignore me 100% completely, the only time I'm told there's goodies up front is after the front office staff picks it bare and the back office staff makes a commotion about it.

But they are purposefully trying to derail me and it's annoying because the hunger pangs are real. But I'm sick of being fat. They will not win.

what the fuck? this seems like a bizarrely cruel thing to do

just like thoughtless, pointless sadism

welcome to the average American workplace

it's just crab buckets at every level

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

we have those for people who don't have unusual tax situations

but once you're not just "plug W2 into tax form" levels of doing taxes, they don't work as well and can lead to a lot of fucking up your taxes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    omg Landshark you're going to be in Canada

keep me informed

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I recently converted my townhouse to an orphanage/school for spies (I dubbed it the Moloch Sreet Home for Youths of Unusual Aptitude) and I have undertaken the long and expensive process of trying to get the place fixed up and nice
    Much-needed help

You fill empty cupboards, warm cold rooms. You contract a tailor to alter the clothes to a suitable size. You purchase wooden toys (and ensure there are none of the more voracious clockwork variety among them). Your assistants line up the urchins in your parlour to explain how you, their benefactor, have just improved their lives. They have laid out a cold collation to celebrate the occasion.

One of your orphans wrinkles his nose. "Is this turtle-cheese? I 'ates turtle-cheese. Why don't we ever get nuffink nice?"

Another orphan is smearing something mucoid on the underside of your table. There is a yell as a small girl attempts to insert a small boy into an ottoman. It was ever thus.

@Jacobkosh i haven't played much since i started seeking the name... i am scared but...

THIS IS FOLLY

i'm hoping it's really cool in the end :( everyone says to stop :(:(

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    okay fine i gave in and bought Battle Brothers. it's just too much the game i've fantasized about playing/making to resist.

You're gonna get murdered <3

(You can name soldiers after people you care about! Get good and attached to them! Develop rich, complex backstories for them! It really enhances the experience!)

my strategic genius is unparalleled; i'm sure i will lose not a single soldier.

name all of your soldiers after me thanks

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I pay 70 for turbo tax.

But it has the audit detector.

It is the best.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    amazon just boosted their 3% back to 5% back for prime members

which basically covers the cost of prime for me through normal use

cha-ching!

amazon prime store card was always 5% back??? however the APR is loltastic 25.99%

i bought my TV w/ it tho and got a smooth $80 back and just paid it off immediately

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I spend I think $80/yr doing it through H&R block

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it is pretty cool that in america taxes are designed such that if you're middle class you're probably accidentally committing tax fraud every year and if you're rich you're reducing your liability to near zero perfectly legally

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    oh who wants to be on the planning committee for our 10 year wedding anniversary this year

I need some people to brainstorm / bounce ideas around with

CN Tower Edgewalk

Followed by dinner inside the CN Tower

Followed by some sort of theater show, at this point things matter less 'cause you've had a few drinks

Followed by the Brass Rail

Followed by the hotel room :winky:

Dude

DUDE

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    okay fine i gave in and bought Battle Brothers. it's just too much the game i've fantasized about playing/making to resist.

You're gonna get murdered <3

(You can name soldiers after people you care about! Get good and attached to them! Develop rich, complex backstories for them! It really enhances the experience!)

my strategic genius is unparalleled; i'm sure i will lose not a single soldier.

name all of your soldiers after me thanks

they'll all be named Archie, yes

• Options
    i have never done anything but the standard deduction so my taxes take 5 mins

no women no children just like LEON

• Options

keep me informed

I hear it's a big country but ya I will be in Toronto if that's near where you are

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Much-needed help

@Jacobkosh i haven't played much since i started seeking the name... i am scared but...

THIS IS FOLLY

i won't tell you to stop but you should definitely wait until you are further in because it requires brutal stat checks and a ton of grinding and the grinding is way easier once you are a POSI

and failing those checks doesn't just like

mean you get to try again later

some of them fuckin' like permanently kill your guy so you are stuck restarting the entire actual game

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen

I don't say this lightly

you work with some real assholes

People get grumpy with me because I'm short and to the point like a typical IT person so people here/at-work think I'm an asshole occasionally.

But really, when you work with these people, you almost have to be an asshole because as soon as you give them an inch they got off your arm and steal it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

cha-ching!

I am sort of contemplating one

I buy a lot of shit through Amazon

They are probably my #1 retailer and I've had prime for years

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'd trust you with nukes, Shiv.

Nukes are so not the way you would kill us all.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I pay 70 for turbo tax.

It is the best.

I pay like $17 for TaxAct, state and federal.

I've actually been audited twice, but both times I was like "Here's what actually happened, here's some forms to back it up, here's where that tax was paid." and the IRS just send me back an okie dokie letter and a 'bill' for $0.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

keep me informed

I hear it's a big country but ya I will be in Toronto if that's near where you are

Keep me and @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot @Rear Admiral Choco in the loop Im right outside Toronto and they live there.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    it is pretty cool that in america taxes are designed such that if you're middle class you're probably accidentally committing tax fraud every year and if you're rich you're reducing your liability to near zero perfectly legally

i always worry that A. I'm committing tax fraud by omission of ignorance somehow and that B. i fucked up my deductions and witholdings or whatever and am suddenly going to owe $$$$$ tax season instead of them giving me my money back

• Options

keep me informed

We'll tell him to meet us somewhere and then we'll hide in waiting and take his stuff

Give 'em a proper Canadian welcome

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Okay shark first up, what kind of dress are we gonna buy for porp

our anniversary is in july so prob one summer dress and one cocktail dress?

nice nice I like that you're already in two dress mode

• Options
    Yeah I'm just about 4 or 5 hours from Toronto, though I often end up there for visits and such

Lemme know bb

• Options

i always worry that A. I'm committing tax fraud by omission of ignorance somehow and that B. i fucked up my deductions and witholdings or whatever and am suddenly going to owe $$$$$ tax season instead of them giving me my money back

I omitted something once when I was a grad student. Had to pay a penalty since I filed near the deadline and the audit came back and was like, welp, now you're late. It was only like $100 I think, but at the time I was p poor so it sucked.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I pay 70 for turbo tax.

It is the best.

I pay like $17 for TaxAct, state and federal.

I've actually been audited twice, but both times I was like "Here's what actually happened, here's some forms to back it up, here's where that tax was paid." and the IRS just send me back an okie dokie letter and a 'bill' for $0.
    But with the audit detector it's all like your likelyhood for being audited is medium. Maybe I shouldn't show that I'm as charitable as I really was *wink wink* Your chance being audited is low.

Ship it.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

cha-ching!

I am sort of contemplating one

I buy a lot of shit through Amazon

They are probably my #1 retailer and I've had prime for years

it's great i basically just put all my regular expenditures on that card and then get free shit from amazon every few months

• Options

keep me informed

EM is like, close

But also not so close that I've bothered to meet him

But I have met @Richy , and he was up in Thunder Bay at the time

Also I've met @Pony and he's in BC!

Though he wasn't when I met him >_>

• Options

working as intended

• Options

cha-ching!

amazon prime store card was always 5% back??? however the APR is loltastic 25.99%

i bought my TV w/ it tho and got a smooth $80 back and just paid it off immediately

store card feh

for plebs

they're doing it with the actual credit card now

and who pays interest on a credit card?

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Much-needed help

uhhhhh

what POSI upgrades can you get if you don't want your house to be full of Urchins?

@credeiki well you don't have to live there :razz: in fact, I don't think you can - you move out when you convert your townhouse into either an Orphanage (+Watchful, +Shadowy, +Respectable) or a Salon (+Persuasive, +Respectable, +Bizarre).

Orphanages and Salons take up your Affiliation slot but there are other Affiliations you can gain that don't require the use of your hous eproperty at all. I'm not sure what all of them are but one of them is joining God's Editors, the scholars who have created the revised and updated post-meeting-devils Bible

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Pootin' like whoa over here.

• Options
    lots of people do

that's the point i think

• Options
    EM is more of an idea to me

An abstract concept

• Options
    Much-needed help

THIS IS FOLLY

i won't tell you to stop but you should definitely wait until you are further in because it requires brutal stat checks and a ton of grinding and the grinding is way easier once you are a POSI

and failing those checks doesn't just like

mean you get to try again later

some of them fuckin' like permanently kill your guy so you are stuck restarting the entire actual game

o...oh

ok i am quitting

i need 100 in all stats to be a POSI yes

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    lots of people do

that's the point i think

Hm

I suppose the only possible option then is to abolish the IRS entirely.

• Options
    i haven't paid more than probably like $20 interest on my amazon card in three years though because i only put budgeted expenses on it for the most part

This discussion has been closed.