As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Muslim Ban] and other Trump immigration policies and actions

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    We need some sort of a broken heart reaction button

l4lq1r.gif

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular

Twitter comes out against the Muslim Ban. That'll make Trump's go-to method of reacting awkward.

There are also a LOT of replies asking Twitter to please just shut his account down, which would be awesome.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Twitter comes out against the Muslim Ban. That'll make Trump's go-to method of reacting awkward.

There are also a LOT of replies asking Twitter to please just shut his account down, which would be awesome.

At least force him to use POTUS.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Reminder: The stay only affects those already in the US. We need to keep going with this, and with all present and future Trumpocities.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Two families got turned around at PHL in Philly and had to take teh 18 hour flight back to Syria. Jesus.

Protest is scheduled for 2 pm tomorrow at the airport.

Weird question: if you get deported, do you have to pay for your transit?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    After the years long process of form filling, line sitting, and interviews that refugees go through and finally getting a destination for permanent relocation (in the U.S. and) an exact date for it, I made this piece of paper. And every day I crossed off another day off, counting down, and carried it everywhere. I don't like to keep things, but this a piece of paper I try to never lose. JFK was the airport of my initial arrival, and hi5 to everyone protesting there; you're great.

Sorry about the artifacting. I uploaded it to instagram, and I think those photos are supposed to only be displayed in those little frames.

16123112_1222551331174511_7087082370708275200_n.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

if they really wanted to show support they'd do something about all the Nazis that they allow to use their service. they verified Richard Spencer for fucks sake!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man, Elki.

If you feel safe, you should probably get your story out there .. that's a powerful-ass image.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

At least force him to use POTUS.

ban his account

then ban potus for a banned user using an alt account

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Two families got turned around at PHL in Philly and had to take teh 18 hour flight back to Syria. Jesus.

If not immediately, then in the long-run.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    A reminder from 20-fucking-14 about the plight of some of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QplQL5eAxlY

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

I'm pretty sure if you are refused entry to a country you must pay for the flight back.

• Options
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    After the years long process of form filling, line sitting, and interviews that refugees go through and finally getting a destination for permanent relocation (in the U.S. and) an exact date for it, I made this piece of paper. And every day I crossed off another day off, counting down, and carried it everywhere. I don't like to keep things, but this a piece of paper I try to never lose. JFK was the airport of my initial arrival, and hi5 to everyone protesting there; you're great.

Sorry about the artifacting. I uploaded it to instagram, and I think those photos are supposed to only be displayed in those little frames.

16123112_1222551331174511_7087082370708275200_n.jpg

Fuck...

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Marched at PDX until I lost my voice

It's a start

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    NYC cabs boycotted JFK in response to ban tonight

Uber responded like scabs and lowered their prices to try and profit off of others standing up to fascism

I deleted my uber account, which I used a lot

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    All I can say rigt now is @Mim is right

If white people don't hold other white people to account we have no hope for freedom

I just got into a fight with my mom who called me to stop posting on Facebook and to keep my head down

People who might be affected are scared and want to ride it out. She doesn't understand that there may be no riding this one out. This is the first salvo in a clear escalation.

@Hakkekage Yo, I'm scared for you right now. I just donated $5.00 to the ACLU, even though it's small I wanted to give something.

I'm sorry I came at you extra hard. I think it was mostly shock seeing that come from another WOC but I get where you were coming from.

Despite any differences we may have had in the past, now, or in the future, ultimately the goal is to push forward and resist this hateful shit.

We can do this together.

Also, without saying what I do exactly, holy shit is Monday going to be a nightmare.

• Options

Uber responded like scabs and lowered their prices to try and profit off of others standing up to fascism

Is this anywhere in the news for confirmation?

The only uber driver I know of is Spool..

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

http://mashable.com/2017/01/28/tim-cook-apple-uber-trump-immigration-ban/#4sEx.IcY2qqb

Like, corporate uber is saying trump is awful for this; only bit of news I saw.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options

Never used Uber before. Now I guess I never will.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

That's not a scab move - thats company policy. whenever a major unrest happens be it prostest, natural disaster, etc. uber turns off surge pricing.

I dunno, I wouldn't be too pissed about this.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Yup. I know Uber is big at GenCon.. I'd rather walk.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

That's not a scab move - thats company policy. whenever a major unrest happens be it prostest, natural disaster, etc. uber turns off surge pricing.

They did this during a taxi strike.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I agree. I know how it comes off, but I would think they would be doing this to help people get out if they need to. Like a contingency plan.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Like, uber being a dick would have left surge pricing on and charged 5-7x more than usual during the shortage of transit. They turned surge pricing off. And the company is publicly saying that Trump's law is shit and they are going to defend any drivers under threat from this.

Pick your battles, please.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Like, uber being a dick would have left surge pricing on and charged 5-7x more than usual during the shortage of transit. They turned surge pricing off. And the company is publicly saying that Trump's law is shit and they are going to defend any drivers under threat from this.

Pick your battles, please.
    This is good to hear. Im an uber driver and desprately need to save money to move to Sacramento. Not sure what Id do if put in the position that I felt I need to boycott uber.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean

The alternative for Uber is to automatically charge desperate travelers something like 5x normal pricing based on a heartless, profit-maximizing algorithm

It wasn't a greedy move to shut down the algorithm

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    The proper move would be Uber saying they stand in solidarity with the Cabbies and will also be blocking service to JFK

you know

since the protest worked for now

• Options
    zd63elr9ydnb.jpeg

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

Mayor of Boston calling on people to protest at Copley Square 1PM tomorrow

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The spurt of Seuss political cartoons lately makes me laugh because his depictions of the Japanese were absurdly racist.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    The proper move would be Uber saying they stand in solidarity with the Cabbies and will also be blocking service to JFK

you know

The protest scored a small concession. There are just as many people planning on coming to the US tomorrow as there were today whose lives are now thrown into utter bumfuckery. And the day after that. And the day after that. And the day after that.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Tomorrow at 1, there's a protest in front of the White House that me and a bunch of friends will be attending. Keep at it, people!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

you know

The protest scored a small concession. There are just as many people planning on coming to the US tomorrow as there were today whose lives are now thrown into utter bumfuckery. And the day after that. And the day after that. And the day after that.

oh totally agreed. We need to keep fighting every day. I wish there I was more I could personally do other than donate to ACLU and others, as a resident of a super liberal district in California. Replace Feinstein with someone cool I guess?

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the executive director of the ACLU is not great at speaking to reporters about civil-rights cases and also doesn't know what to do with his hands

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Welp guess I'm going to Copley Square tomorrow.

• Options
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    A reminder from 20-fucking-14 about the plight of some of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QplQL5eAxlY

yeah those people didn't get enough vetting

some people have bee nfighting for those visas for a decade what more background checks are you going to get?

This discussion has been closed.