As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I always felt oil was kinda easy tbh, at least as far as rogue decks go

sometimes you'd have bad draws you have to navigate but you'd also get the hands where you just hit them for like 17 with deckhand prep oil poison flurry on 5 and they die horribly (or are locked out of the game because they just took 17, got their board wiped by a 6 damage AoE and there's a 5/1 still in play)

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

sometimes you'd have bad draws you have to navigate but you'd also get the hands where you just hit them for like 17 with deckhand prep oil poison flurry on 5 and they die horribly (or are locked out of the game because they just took 17, got their board wiped by a 6 damage AoE and there's a 5/1 still in play)

Speaking of Rogues... what beats Miracle Rogue right now? Just aggro killing it before it can play out a huge QA/Edwin with Conceal?

Because if Blizzard nerfs the Pirates packages, I think we're just going to have another broken-ass meta.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Speaking of Rogues... what beats Miracle Rogue right now? Just aggro killing it before it can play out a huge QA/Edwin with Conceal?

Because if Blizzard nerfs the Pirates packages, I think we're just going to have another broken-ass meta.

remember that part of why miracle is so good right now is them running the pirate package themselves to fight back against aggro and also sometimes just free roll nine damage on you with flame imp that ends the game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Jade Shaman seems to be teching in Devolve which would otherwise deal with Miracle Rogue.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Miracle has seemed weak this month to me, both playing it, and against it. I've mostly played against it (dragon priest, renolock, and pirate rogue), and I think my win rate is honestly 100%. But then, I've played Miracle probably more than any other deck, so I kinda know how to mess it up. And also I've just been doing quests and messing around, so I'm probably not playing the best players.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The versus report last or the report before did note that Miracle's actual performance fell off like they were expecting.

Characters
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    i think it is a super bummer that zendikar has been the only source for full-art lands because i find the zendikar aesthetic of "floatin' stuff and hedrons" super boring

Unhinged? Those are the best islands in the game.

37875_200w.jpg

Roz on
  • Options
    I had someone mouse over and read Big Game Hunter after I BGH'd his Ironbark.

I have never felt more satisfied.

Characters
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Stop making me want to play magic God damn it. I can't afford it at all.

Edit - I also like most gold Hearthstone cards but maybe I'm easy

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Magic Duels is F2P. And features vs AI battling, if you don't feel like getting curb-stomped by elite players with massive collections.

• Options

I spent $100 on my shitty standard brew and get mana screwed/flooded at least twice a night that features like 8-12 games, so

remember magic has downsides too

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I spent $100 on my shitty standard brew and get mana screwed/flooded at least twice a night that features like 8-12 games, so

2 out of 12 is a way better rate than "have to play against a deck with Patches in it"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017

2 out of 12 is a way better rate than "have to play against a deck with Patches in it"

I'm still of the opinion stb is a way bigger problem than patches, which is itself more akin to the sort of problem copter was (and heart of kiran is poised to be)

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This poor druid. He Moonglade Portal'd into a Big-Time Racketeer.

I felt that one deep in my soul.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options

I'm still of the opinion stb is a way bigger problem than patches, which is itself more akin to the sort of problem copter was (and heart of kiran is poised to be)

Patches and STB are the same card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Do you not like the John Avon unhinged lands? I think they are the best. I use them in all my decks.

• Options
    Well someone wants their answer :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm real mad that stb into war axe kills coin doomsayer

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Opponent plays Anyfin Can Happen, summons 3 5 attack chargers and has a Truesilver in play.

I'm at 18 hp.

Opponent trades and then concedes.

Thanks?

Characters
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm real mad that stb into war axe kills coin doomsayer

STB into Backstab + Dagger does too.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Man, I really really like the new addition of putting Corruption in Renolock.

Like, fuck that's a good goddamn card. It's a 1 mana hard removal! And yeah sure, the target lives for a turn, but it doesn't matter. You still clear it off the board.

It's extremely versatile too. You can use it on, well, anything. Early game aggression, late-game bombs, you name it. Plus it lets you have a bit more freedom with Blastcrystal Potion/Siphon Soul.

And it's something cheap to pair with Dirty Rat!

I've always thought it was a rather underrated card.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Man, I really really like the new addition of putting Corruption in Renolock.

Like, fuck that's a good goddamn card. It's a 1 mana hard removal! And yeah sure, the target lives for a turn, but it doesn't matter. You still clear it off the board.

It's extremely versatile too. You can use it on, well, anything. Early game aggression, late-game bombs, you name it. Plus it lets you have a bit more freedom with Blastcrystal Potion/Siphon Soul.

And it's something cheap to pair with Dirty Rat!

I've always thought it was a rather underrated card.

earlier I had a renolock dirty rat my 7/7 on 2
    I killed rat with it and hit face with trogg+jade golem, totem
    he plays second rate bruiser
    I kill it with 7/5, Jinyu it back to full health
    then on 4 he corruptions it
    he dies on 5

so uh

don't do that

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    What's the current Renolock list anyway? I rarely play Warlock, but Handlock used to be fun and I think I'd like the innate card draw over Renopriest.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    What's the current Renolock list anyway? I rarely play Warlock, but Handlock used to be fun and I think I'd like the innate card draw over Renopriest.

Oh gosh, there's a whole bunch of different lists. Hard to say if there's any one definitive one. There's a lot of small differences between them but they're mostly the same. Here's the one I use (spoilered for LARGE):
    fZns9lK.png

Notably this list eschews Argus. I used to run Argus and no Sunfury, but I appreciate the lower mana cost of Sunfury. It's more versatile in that regard. I'd run both if I could! Not enough room. I'd have to cut one of my various utility cards like Kabal Courier or MCT and those are too valuable. I feel like Faceless Shambler kind of accomplishes the same sort of goal that Argus does anyway though.

But yknow, hey, that's one of the many examples of tweaks you can make. Here's some other lists from vS, including a Leeroy Combo list: http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/warlock-decks/reno-warlock/

Anyway yeah, you can tweak and adjust to your liking. There's lots of cards you can put in or take out. For example I'm not fond of Soulfire because Renolock's cards are too damn precious to discard.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I play Malygos without lethal because the Paladin just played Equality. The Nexus Champion Saraad gave him Deadly Shot last turn :X

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I play Malygos without lethal because the Paladin just played Equality. The Nexus Champion Saraad gave him Deadly Shot last turn :X

And people say Hearthstone doesn't punish misplays.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    His opponent was just the more skilled player, clearly.

Characters
  • Options
    so I've been playing overload midrange shaman again, and I'd forgotten how good it feels to just have infinite burn in hand

sure, crackle was a big loss for that deck, but jade lightning is still p. good

still need aya tho

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Hahaha, I just got freakin disintegrated by a guy running some sort of Red Mana Wyrm tempo mage at rank 10. He had Antonidas in there as well as Ice lance and stuff. He opened Mana wyrm + coin + wyrm into T2 Apprentice and Mirror image

Is that the Miracle Mage that was posted here before? Didn't see any auctioneers tho...

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't expect the changes to impact shaman that much. Pirates will get hit hard
    The Judge wrote: »
    After reading a few articles and reviewing the last thread and slowly picking up on deck construction over the last few weeks . . . I seem to have picked a weird time to start playing this game.

It's still an amazing game. Most of us have been playing for a few years so we're grumpy and jaded.

Changes coming! But they're always coming. If you're enjoying yourself, that's what matters. And we'll help out however we can.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This Pirate nerf can't come soon enough; I'm just losing games and the only thing I'm doing wrong is not playing a pirate deck myself or not drawing a Reno.

It's completely oppressive.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I would rather see Reno die in a fire than pirates go away.

I'm looking forward to Reno rotating out.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    This Pirate nerf can't come soon enough; I'm just losing games and the only thing I'm doing wrong is not playing a pirate deck myself or not drawing a Reno.

It's completely oppressive.

Honest to god I don't know why they're waiting so long on this nerf. They unofficially officially announced the announcement of upcoming nerfs, that they announced, announcing that they're coming at the end of the month, as an announcement, for the announcement.

But "end of the month" is too fucking long when we've suffered through this shit as long as we have already.

Yeah it's only been 2 months but that's long enough, man. That's been enough to completely and utterly turn me the fuck off and burn me out.

Like, just get the nerfs out there. Who cares if it messes with the current Season? I SURE DON'T. Just get it out there. Having to wait 3 months for a balance patch is goddamn absurd.

Enough of this "let the meta solve itself" bullshit. That's a bullshit answer and they fucking know it.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I have a feeling the delay stems from needing to push the patch on mobile, and the extra work it entails

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Was COTW a worse problem than Patches/Small-time Buc? Because that got the nerfhammer very quickly, I seem to recall.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Honestly, the problem seems to be twofold:

1) Shaman have been too good for too long. I dont think people would mind as much if say, mage was the best class at the moment.

2) 2-2.5 months seems to be the average enjoyment cycle for any release. After 2 months the metagame is pretty much figured out, and so ladder becomes seeing the same 5 decks over and over again. Absent nerfs or new cards the metagame stagnates and people start looking for changes.

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Was COTW a worse problem than Patches/Small-time Buc? Because that got the nerfhammer very quickly, I seem to recall.

Well, I sure hated CotW more than Bucc simply because it came out of nowhere and set up lethal on me or killed me while simultaneously denying me lethal. Stupid one card build a board with taunt and charge.

But Bucc is a way, way bigger problem in terms of sheer scope and power level. Every deck that can run a weapon runs pirates now, basically. 50% of games? That's a ridiculous number tbh and I don't get why they wait either

djFindus on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »

CotW wasn't the only card nerfed in that patch. They also nerfed Shaman, Warrior and, probably most important, Yogg. I think they pushed that patch at that specific point in time to not have Yogg decide the tournament at BlizzCon.

Also Old Gods released end of April and the patch was beginning of October, so it wasn't really fast at all. Karazhan was released in August, so it was two months after that. Gadgetzan is now two months old.

• Options
    CotW wasn't that problematic power-level wise, I don't think, it was just one of those things that made the game significantly less fun by existing. Due to how swingy and hard to cleanly deal with it was, it was essentially Dr. Boom 2.0 that you could run two of, and that just wasn't fun to play against. Especially since not only was it instant board presence, but also removal, burn, and even defense (thanks to Misha). A card that does everything is annoying and boring (see: cryptic command)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I predict: Bucc nerf will be either gets +1 from Weapons or is a 1/1 base.