As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestlingmania] the ultimate somethingsomethingmumblemumble

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    I'm about the biggest Undertaker mark you'll find, but I'm good with them finding a way out of this match.

Plus, selfishly, it'll stop me from being royally pissed off when Roman goes over.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    I'm about the biggest Undertaker mark you'll find, but I'm good with them finding a way out of this match.

Plus, selfishly, it'll stop me from being royally pissed off when Roman goes over.

Just saw the vid again, and it was Taker reacting to turning his back on Roman.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Okay. Lesson here: go with first instinct. Don't just assume the brittle old man's hip detonated randomly.

Edit: watched it again. I think you're right. Didn't look nearly as bad the second time around.

Also, lost in all this - great height by Braun on the chokeslam.

Masamune42 on
  • Options

Okay. Lesson here: go with first instinct. Don't just assume the brittle old man's hip detonated randomly.

He's just gotta last till after Mania, then he gets a brand new and more importantly free hip.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    After last night, WWE is going to have to work twice as hard to keep my interest in Monday Night Stephanie-Overshadows-Everyone past the third. I kind of wanted to turn it off tonight, but the only reason I didn't is because WrestleMania is right around the corner.

I liked having Mick as something of a balance to Steph's check, and I know why he had to go, but now the scale has just fallen over, and I don't really want to see Authority 3.0.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I have bad news for you: You're going to see Authority 3.0.

WWE, sadly, has a reliance on using *ahem* authority figures to drive storylines. Whether it's Vince making a return to help/screw someone, Steph screeching at someone over a mic that she's the queen and they're nothing, or now HHH being the final boss at WM for people they're trying to push, I don't see them getting rid of the trope any time soon. Hell, even AJ is in a fight with a MEEKMAHON over on SD. The writers can't help themselves with this stuff.

It's been happening since Austin and they've fallen back on it ever since.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Stayed up until like, 1am watching yesterday's DDT show but it was worth it.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Gonna be thinking about HARASHIMA vs. Takeshita for a long time.

• Options
    It might not be Authority 3.0 but Steph is still going to be around doing her thing after Mania.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

That damn
    head spike

• Options
    Raw had good opening and closing segments with various good and bad in between.

• Options

That damn
    head spike

or the
    CROYT'S WRATH

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

That damn
    head spike

HARASHIMA was so vicious in that match. Like, really desperate to win and didn't care what he had to do. There was one point where it looked like he was going to rip Takeshita's leg off right at the knee.

• Options
    Also, kudos to ddts video package people because the hype videos during the show were phenomenal and did a great job at selling the story of harashima/takeshita as the story of DDT through the years.

• Options
    So, uh, holy shit?
    WWE announced today, stars from WWE 205 Live, the U.K. Championship Tournament, PROGRESS Wrestling and Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) will compete at Axxess. Here are the lineups…

Thursday, March 30
    Matches featuring Superstars from 205 Live, including:

Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick
    TJ Perkins vs. Drew Gulak
    Plus, returning NXT Superstar Hideo Itami and many others will be in action.

Friday, March 31
    Matches featuring Superstars from the U.K. Championship Tournament, * PROGRESS Wrestling and ICW, including:

WWE U.K. Champion Tyler Bate vs. Mark Haskins in a U.K. Championship Match
    PROGRESS Champion Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews
    Plus, PROGRESS and ICW Superstars such as Jimmy Havoc, TK Cooper, Travis Banks, Dahlia Black, Toni Storm and Jinny will compete in a WWE ring for the first time.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    tbh i am okay with Roman going over Taker at Mania

Taker is a part timer

Taker's streak has already been broken, so the magic there is gone

if the WWE was brave enough, they could leverage it into Roman being the most nuclear hot "smart heel" in wrestling, like all he needs to do is be a smarmy, cocky fuck which tbh thus far he kinda has been?

like the whole "Those of you chanting that I can't wrestle, sit down, drink your beer and shut up", that kind of shit

it's entirely possible for a wrestler to still be cheered by little kids who think he looks bad-ass and people who want to fuck him (aka most of Roman's fanbase) while also being a hot as fuck heel with the older smark dudes, and Roman can successfully thread that needle

lord knows that's been Cena's bag for fuckin' years

(nowadays I genuinely like Cena, his feud with AJ that transformed him into his current Old Man Cena form is actually pretty great)

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    You should be more excited about Daliah Black because she never goes anywhere without future Progress world champion and noted dungaree enthusiast TK Cooper.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »

Taker is a part timer

if the WWE was brave enough, they could leverage it into Roman being the most nuclear hot "smart heel" in wrestling, like all he needs to do is be a smarmy, cocky fuck which tbh thus far he kinda has been?

like the whole "Those of you chanting that I can't wrestle, sit down, drink your beer and shut up", that kind of shit

it's entirely possible for a wrestler to still be cheered by little kids who think he looks bad-ass and people who want to fuck him (aka most of Roman's fanbase) while also being a hot as fuck heel with the older smark dudes, and Roman can successfully thread that needle

(nowadays I genuinely like Cena, his feud with AJ that transformed him into his current Old Man Cena form is actually pretty great)

This tweet for instance

sure isn't a "traditional" babyface response to Taker.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

This is a normal reaction to big HARASHIMA matches.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Taker is a part timer

This tweet for instance

sure isn't a "traditional" babyface response to Taker.

yeah see that to me is perfectly fine

cocky jerk-ass Roman works for me

I mean he's been STRONG for like years now, the idea that it's gone to his head is like... character development?

kids are still gonna cheer for him, people who think he's sexy (and let's be honest, he is, c'mon) and that is the be-all end-all of why they cheer him are still gonna do that

I don't think you need to actively go out of your way to alienate those people, especially because they happily buy merch

but turning him into an arrogant prick works just fine, anything but a bland babyface is good

the smarks will boo him. use it

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Not everyone booing him is a smark. And being an arrogant prick won't change how people look at him, even tonight the match finishes with Roman looking strong, the only reason he wasn't about to beat the invincible monster Strowman a second time (or do the impossible according to Graves despite him having done it in the last month) is because the Undertaker interfered. Fuck that booking.

Taker has also let himself go big time, this is the first time I've seen him and thought he really is just an old man at this point, he really should have used one of his Michaels or HHH matches to retire. We'd have missed out on the great Punk match but Punk wasn't the right person to retire him, but he should have gone before the streak was wasted on Brock who has in turn been wasted on Goldberg.

• Options
    WWE probably wants him to stick around till at least next Mania so he can go out on a win in the place he lost his streak. Plus he'd be in the HoF.

Which is good for me as I can see his send off live.

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    I've always thought that Roman should be Kevin Nash 2.0

He has the look for it, and I think he'd be way better at "stare into the camera and cut shoot-esque promos" than his scripted stuff

Half of WWE's content that is gaining momentum (Talking Smack, RAW Talk, etc) is scripted shoots anyway

Hell, just have him use the Jacknife Powerbomb too

essentially this just means I like Baron Corbin a lot

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Bray really should have taken the streak, and permanently taken his powers.

• Options
    Bray really should have taken the streak, and permanently taken his powers.

Current Bray, old Bray didn't have the build for it. Could have, but didn't.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Not everyone booing him is a smark. And being an arrogant prick won't change how people look at him, even tonight the match finishes with Roman looking strong, the only reason he wasn't about to beat the invincible monster Strowman a second time (or do the impossible according to Graves despite him having done it in the last month) is because the Undertaker interfered. Fuck that booking.

Taker has also let himself go big time, this is the first time I've seen him and thought he really is just an old man at this point, he really should have used one of his Michaels or HHH matches to retire. We'd have missed out on the great Punk match but Punk wasn't the right person to retire him, but he should have gone before the streak was wasted on Brock who has in turn been wasted on Goldberg.

Oh my god we get it Roman ran over your dog and Brock suplexed its corpse

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

And Goldberg sodomized said corpse after.

• Options
    edited March 2017

I'm sure you've used that exact line before. Much like Wirehead, you don't have to read what I post but if I have something timely and relevant to say, I can and will, I'm not talking about any Roman past-events here I'm talking about the immediate show and he's only brought up where it is relevant not at random, so the constant defensiveness and whining any time someone criticizes Roman without adding anything to the discussion itself, isn't useful or helpful.

EDIT: Refer to my comments a few weeks ago when Braun was destroying him and I said I was turning around on him because he was actually being portrayed as an actual underdog.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Make Roman the late 1995/early 1996 Kevin Nash.

It's the best solution.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    No, the last time I posted a picture of Charlie Day in the middle of his "PEPE SILVIA" rant. I think next time after this it'll be either Captain Ahab or Don Quixote.

Because seriously, tone it down on the whole "I am publicly angry about Roman Reigns" thing. It's tiring and it's exactly as predictable and boring as Roman Reigns' 2016 booking.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I guess this happened this morning, hope hes ok

4zv2v36iismy.jpg

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    No, the last time I posted a picture of Charlie Day in the middle of his "PEPE SILVIA" rant. I think next time after this it'll be either Captain Ahab or Don Quixote.

Because seriously, tone it down on the whole "I am publicly angry about Roman Reigns" thing. It's tiring and it's exactly as predictable and boring as Roman Reigns' 2016 booking.

Also tiring: the whole "don't dislike the guys I like" thing.

Seriously, the entire point of this thread is to discuss wrestling. If we can't give our honest opinions of certain wrestlers or certain things a wrestling promotion is doing with those wrestlers, we might as well just lock the thread now.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Push Curvis.

• Options
    I guess this happened this morning, hope hes ok

4zv2v36iismy.jpg

His protection spells are still intact I see

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

This is a normal reaction to big HARASHIMA matches.

My usual reaction to a HARASHIMA match is a million heart eye emojis.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I agree, you shouldn't read what the joker obama has to say.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    I agree, you shouldn't read what the joker obama has to say.

In fairness, you shouldn't read what Goldberg has to say either.

Unless it's about cursing in front of kids, then you're wrong.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You can dislike a dude and still have actual dialogue about them that isn't solely whinging

See: my complicated relationship with the young bucks

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Or giant tiger

• Options
    OK time to go back in time to 2012 NXT

This discussion has been closed.