As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week - July 5, 2007

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited July 2007 in Graphic Violence
Multiple moments for me.

All New Atom gets the "What the fuck" of the week for
The Dean with no Peenâ„¢ and his circus peanut bath

Detective Comics gets the "Irony" of the week for
Joker calling Batman a crazy bastard. Dini writes the best Joker.

All Star Superman gets the "lol" of the week for
Bizarro Batman's parents shot him to death.

Countdown gets the "hey at least they remember him" moment for Bart's funeral

Garlic Bread on

• Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Thor.
    It is not for the gods to decide whether or not Man exists, it is for Man to decide whether or not the gods exist.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Marvel Zombies v Army of Darkness
    Marvel Zombies versus the Army of Darkness, literally

Also MARVEL WEREWOLVES

Green on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Thor.
    It is not for the gods to decide whether or not Man exists, it is for Man to decide whether or not the gods exist.

I was on the fence about Thor but I went ahead and picked it up. Good stuff and I'm really looking forward to #2.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bizarro Batman has the best origin ever

Algertman on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Good laugh from the last page of MZ vs AoD.
    Escapes the zombies, meets some werewolves. Nice.
    Really looking forward to the return of the AoD book, whenever that is. Anybody know?

Also, New Warriors #2. The end. Because holy shit what the fuck.

A week late, but Immortal Iron Fist 6. The whole thing. Whole thing.

Finally, picked up Invincible, and it's really good. I think I'm adding this to my pull list.
    EDIT: I'm still irked that they killed Bart off, but good lord, it means that Wally is back.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    New Avengers/Transformers.
    "What, I can't talk street?"

Other than that, it seems a bit out of character. Cap yelling at everyone, Maria Hill being NICE, and Wolverine muttering threats to CAPTAIN AMERICA under his breath?
    EDIT: Oh wait, they explain that. Okay.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I was gonna say, it's a plot point.

Furu on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YOYOYOBITCHES.jpg

Also: Punisher #49

WHAT THE FUCK.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, it's kinda hard for me to find a good moment of the week this time around, nothing I read was ver stand-outish.

Uncanny X-men
    Warpath wrestling a Crocodile

"He's playing with it"
    "I AM NOT!"

Also, Fallen Son
    Wasp: Is it a clone?
    Tony: Clones are stupid

....says the man who had a clone of Thor ;)

Thor and New Warriors were both good this week but neither really had a stand-out moment for me.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought all of Fallen Son: Iron Man was quite good (strange that IM was barely in it however).
    Cassaday draws an awesome Cap.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK.

What happens in it?

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought both of this week's funerals were good.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK.

What happens in it?
    The Titless Wonder ties up Franks and has sex with him, while she's going at it she pulls out a gun and kills her self

Algertman on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    while they were both covered in blood

from beating her sister in the face with a bat

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Does Ennis have a shark and a ramp or should we all pitch in and get him one?

Furu on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, she killed those girls, captured their leader, beat her to death, felt overcome by her actions, had sex with the Punisher, and shot herself in the head all in pretty quick succession.

And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, she killed those girls, captured their leader, beat her to death, felt overcome by her actions, had sex with the Punisher, and shot herself in the head all in pretty quick succession.

And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.

Man, funny how after all the "we´re gonna out-preacher" preacher, its Punisher that´s the comic that is making me wroship Ennis all over again.

May he write Punisher until he´s an old fogey, chasing after them darn kids on his lawn with a Uzi.

JCM on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCM wrote: »

Man, funny how after all the "we´re gonna out-preacher" preacher, its Punisher that´s the comic that is making me wroship Ennis all over again.

May he write Punisher until he´s an old fogey, chasing after them darn kids on his lawn with a Uzi.

I can't wait to read it but, yeah, that is very preacher-ish. I just got done reading the entire Preacher collection, which I absolutely fell in love with, and I feel like you're running down some kind of new chapter. Jesse gets tied up by Featherbottom (or whatever her name is), she fucks him, and shoots herself after she just buttfucked Herr Starr with a spiked strapon.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I'm going to sig that.

My moment of the week was finally picking up Ant Man and realizing I should have been buying it 7 issues ago.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fallen Son: Acceptance

Namor attacking a bunch of Eskimos with Cap's frozen body.
    img017-2.jpg

Also, everyone's getting a little tired of Tony Stark.
    img008.jpg

img009.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I MUST BUY THIS COMIC.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the decision to immediately fuck Frank after
    mauling that lady's face with a baseball bat

was what was a little unsettling for me. That said, I can't wait for the next arc.

No. Seriously. It'll probably determine whether or not I keep buying it.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Punisher this week had a nice pay-off, for this waaaaaay too dragged out arc.
    I have noticed this about this series, most of the arcs could lose an issue or two. But then you couldnt collect them into TPBs so neatly...

muninn on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

img017-2.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

Isnt that how Cap was found in the first place? Namor tosses a frozen Cap into the ocean, which later is found by the Avengers... is that issue a flashback, or is Namor getting to do the Cap tossing contest a second time?

JCM on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

img017-2.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

Isnt that how Cap was found in the first place? Namor tosses a frozen Cap into the ocean, which later is found by the Avengers... is that issue a flashback, or is Namor getting to do the Cap tossing contest a second time?

The first scene is indeed a flashback, though the issue does end with Cap's body (presumably his real body, and not a fake like the one laid to rest in Arlington) being placed in a coffin and released into the arctic depths from whence he came.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

img017-2.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

The first scene is indeed a flashback, though the issue does end with Cap's body (presumably his real body, and not a fake like the one laid to rest in Arlington) being placed in a coffin and released into the arctic depths from whence he came.

Why did they bury a fake corpse? (Other than randomly allowing cap to show up alive out of the artic at some point again)

Even Tony Stark is tired of Tony Stark...

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It was poorly rationalized. Something about how Cap would have wanted to be able to rest in peace. He never struck me as a man who enjoyed his solitude, though, and if he didn't enjoy being an inspiration to everyone then he probably wouldn't have been Captain America.

Really, with Tony keeping the shield and being in a position to keep the body, it's all kind of pointing to an attempted resurrection somewhere down the line.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the shield is actually buried with Cap.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    But Winter Soldier just stole it!

... didn't he?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

... didn't he?

Oh crap, forgot. Also, the Runaways reveal was cool, if somewhat predictable.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It was poorly rationalized. Something about how Cap would have wanted to be able to rest in peace. He never struck me as a man who enjoyed his solitude, though, and if he didn't enjoy being an inspiration to everyone then he probably wouldn't have been Captain America.

Really, with Tony keeping the shield and being in a position to keep the body, it's all kind of pointing to an attempted resurrection somewhere down the line.

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense... Arlinton is pretty much exactly where Captain Freaking America should be buried.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

... didn't he?

Oh yeah, duh!

Still, he tried to keep it.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bullshit

Colbert has the shield

Green on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Tony probably sent him a fake one.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ultimate Power had a bunch of cool poses.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Ultimate Power had a bunch of cool poses.

I think I may kill you.

Anyways.

The Irredeemable Ant-Man
    Phil Hester doing product placement for Old Spice on every page despite only being asked to do it once, just for fun.

The Astounding Wolf-Man
    Art, the tailor from Invincible, making a cameo as Wolf-Man's costume designer, and then having Jason Howard do the page layout in almost the exact same way as Cory Walker did it.

Runaways
    The Yellow Kid!

Loners
    Spider-Woman investigating what looks to be Hornet's death. If you didn't read Slingers then this probably means nothing to you, but I'm hoping it'll lead into something neat.

Invincible Vol. 8
    -Invincible almost punching a mad scientist's jaw off.

-Rex Splode blowing up Kamodo's head.

-Robot running awkward, nerdy game on Monster Girl.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ultimate Power did have a pretty awesome reveal, regardless of art. However, who is the Yellow Kid?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Basically, he's recognized as the first ongoing comic character that proved such comics could be popular and profitable. As I said in the shipping thread, I like reading about comic history, and seeing a little nod like that was neat.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Basically, he's recognized as the first ongoing comic character that proved such comics could be popular and profitable. As I said in the shipping thread, I like reading about comic history, and seeing a little nod like that was neat.

That's really neat, Munch, and I'm pretty impressed that you knew about him without having to look anything up.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man who doesn't know about The Yellow Kid?

DarkPrimus on