As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indian boy hits father with brick, becomes "genius"

DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2202364.cms
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Wonders do not cease with this: His knowledge of physics and mathematics has left engineering students baffled. Having already penned three books, Rajesh is now looking forward to some research work.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] In his words: "There is no concept of reincarnation. It is just that memory can’t be destroyed till there are sound waves in the world."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Yeah, sounds brilliant. I wonder if this publication is the Indian version of the Enquirer...[/FONT]

belruelotterav-1.jpg
Druhim on

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well i can't read that

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    what is this black text shit

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    For some reason it formatted it as black but I fixed it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Color me skeptical, but I think there's a lot to this story that isn't yet known. *cough*Con*cough*

Also, who gives a fuck about engineering students. Shouldn't he be getting examined by neurologists and linguists and such?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think we should try and see how many threads can have titles about hitting and bricks.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    there's actually a really interesting history of magic and miracles in India's press

Rushdie touches on it in Midnight's Children - it's some kind of cultural phenomenon

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Color me skeptical, but I think there's a lot to this story that isn't yet known. *cough*Con*cough*

Also, who gives a fuck about engineering students. Shouldn't he be getting examined by neurologists and linguists and such?
    No because it's probably all a bunch of bs. Assuming he even speaks "proper" english, he probably learned it by studying and his family is just claiming it was a sudden transformation.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This isn't really relevant because he isn't speaking his native tongue but whatever

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »
    You fail at reading. The wikipedia article clearly states they speak their native language in a foreign accent whereas this Indian paper is claiming he speaks perfect English.

edit: bah, you caught it first :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Too slow, dru

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    shut up kid and give me a slurpee

#pipe on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There is a 3 month window where he did not speak a single word.
    3 Months for a relatively talented child is enough to learn English if they study incredibly hard.

His father probably wouldn't notice, and his mother and brother would be too busy working.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what caught my eye is that the father is mentally challenged and yet found a woman who agreed to bear not just one, but two children with him.

meaning their mom has sex with retards.

i guess since forumers do it too, this isn't all that strange.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock, are you this Indian boy?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    that almost never happens to me

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    sounds like someone is playing a bit too much Real Lives

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    is it your mom :lol:

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It is kinda wierd if he speaks full english without an accent. I can understand learning the language in 3 month but he should always have an accent I would think

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It is kinda wierd if he speaks full english without an accent. I can understand learning the language in 3 month but he should always have an accent I would think
    You're assuming he actually is doing so. Keep in mind this is being reported by an Indian paper and for all we know they may be the Indian equivalent of a tabloid. Even if it's a real newspaper, that doesn't necessarily make them all that credible. So I don't buy that he just spontaneously started speaking perfectly accented English or that they even really know how to distinguish such an accent from something that just sounds kind of close to them but would sound wrong to us. If he does speak fluent English, then he probably just learned it by normal means and then his family claimed that it happened spontaneously.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    With Zee News’ constant perusal for truth, the cat was out of the bag when Rajesh finally revealed the secret behind the ‘miracle’. In 2005 on the eve of 26th January, Rajesh was insulted by his teacher when he failed to read out a speech in English. The incident left a scar on his mind, and a humiliated Rajesh vowed revenge. He took up this challenge, and set out on a spree of watching English movies and listening to English songs.

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=382541&sid=ZNS&sname=

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    im pretty sure that site is the least reputable though and no one else seems to have that part of the story

i do like the vow of revenge part

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So... he hits his dad in the head with a brick, his dad being mentally challenged, and he, the son, becomes a super genius?

I think my dad just left for oregon, but when he gets back...

Supersmarts time!

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So he really just learned English, then wrote a bunch of shitty books with shitty philosophies (memory can only be destroyed by sound waves? wtf?)

I am sad to be Indian

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought this was the new Real Lives thread :/

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    hey you too huh

edit: t fcs

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Historically, The Times of India has been praised for its content.[citation needed]

Hmmm.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Air wrote: »
    hey you too huh

edit: t fcs

Most people say that you shouldn't be ashamed of your heritage, that it should be treasured. Those people aren't born to Indians.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, I think I've really done it now. I am playing Real Life while playing Second Life...

And now I am late to work IRL...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That sound wave comment sounds like something that was spit out of an electronic translator.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Haha you "play" SL. Remember, down the street not across the road.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Since when is Second Life even a game?

Ivar on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    That sound wave comment sounds like something that was spit out of an electronic translator.
    "There is no concept of reincarnation" doesn't make much sense either. Yeah, there is a concept of it. How else could it be discussed?

Hoz on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This thread doesn't reall interest me, but I ran out of Frosted Flakes so I'm making Scooby Doo Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for breakfast.

Graves on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One day when I was about 12 I woke up with a ridiculous fever and found that I could comprehend English, but for some reason I could only speak in a language that seemed completely unknown but fluently understood to my brain-cooked self.

I tried really hard to explain what was going on to my mother, who started (TO MY HORROR) blathering back to me in this weird sounding speech that I understood just fine.

Then she explained to me that I was raised speaking Finn until she left the church, so I was fluent when I was 5 but hadn't spoken or heard it in like 7 years. Still can't speak it for dick, but every so often the odd thought triggers across my subconscious in a language I'm not quite familiar with. Then my conscious mind goes, "Right, Finn."

Weirdest goddamn thing ever, and pretty much unrelated, but it makes me wonder about this kid.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    quick, get the retards to mate to make geniuses.

Meiz on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oogmar wrote: »
    One day when I was about 12 I woke up with a ridiculous fever and found that I could comprehend English, but for some reason I could only speak in a language that seemed completely unknown but fluently understood to my brain-cooked self.

I tried really hard to explain what was going on to my mother, who started (TO MY HORROR) blathering back to me in this weird sounding speech that I understood just fine.

Then she explained to me that I was raised speaking Finn until she left the church, so I was fluent when I was 5 but hadn't spoken or heard it in like 7 years. Still can't speak it for dick, but every so often the odd thought triggers across my subconscious in a language I'm not quite familiar with. Then my conscious mind goes, "Right, Finn."

Weirdest goddamn thing ever, and pretty much unrelated, but it makes me wonder about this kid.
    Gosh you're fucked up.

Neat. But that's totally fucked up and would scare the piss out of me. Consider this, if you developed another finnish personality it could actively plot to kill you while you're totally aware of it's scheme because you would have no idea what that alternate personality was thinking since it would be finnish. Scary stuff.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Finnish is arguably one of the most horrible sounding languages ever

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oogmar that is interesting and Bizarre.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!