As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL 07/08 Season: Who are you rooting for?

1235»

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I just caught the highlights from the Calgary v Detroit game a couple days ago. Glad I didn't watch it, except Phaneuf just laid out the one Detroit player. Not to mention his goal.

Is it just me or is Phaneuf on track to be one of the league's best defensemen?

He probably already is. He's got a lot of the same tools as Pronger, though I think Phaneuf is smaller?

Also, three consecutive shutouts for Luongo. Whoo!

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    *sigh* Why cant we never beat New Jersey? Arg this is so frustrating.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    I just caught the highlights from the Calgary v Detroit game a couple days ago. Glad I didn't watch it, except Phaneuf just laid out the one Detroit player. Not to mention his goal.

He probably already is. He's got a lot of the same tools as Pronger, though I think Phaneuf is smaller?

Except Phaneuf is a classless goon on a team of classless goons. The player he laid out? Jiri Hudler, who is tiny. And Phaneuf left his feet to hit him. I loathe the Flames.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Except Phaneuf is a classless goon on a team of classless goons. The player he laid out? Jiri Hudler, who is tiny. And Phaneuf left his feet to hit him. I loathe the Flames.

Classless is a recurring theme with Calgary. They play like a bunch of American public schoolers. I know it's not a polite game like tiddlywinks or some shit like that but have some class once in a while. They have some good players who could become great if they stopped concentrating on being a bunch of assholes like some Mark Crawford coached team.

Satan. on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Classless is a recurring theme with Calgary. They play like a bunch of American public schoolers. I know it's not a polite game like tiddlywinks or some shit like that but have some class once in a while. They have some good players who could become great if they stopped concentrating on being a bunch of assholes like some Mark Crawford coached team.

Steve Moore had it coming, though.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    saggio wrote: »

Yeah, don't get me wrong. There are shades of gray here but overall, Calgary acts like a bunch of goons.

Satan. on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Yeah, don't get me wrong. There are shades of gray here but overall, Calgary acts like a bunch of goons.

Watching the Flames/Wings first round series made me angry half the time I watched it. Iginla's one of the more talented guys in the league, and I don't mind trying to change momentum by getting into a fight every now and then, but hacking away with the stick to trigger said fight? He should be above that shit. And he's the captain so the rest of the team plays the same way.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Watching the Flames/Wings first round series made me angry half the time I watched it. Iginla's one of the more talented guys in the league, and I don't mind trying to change momentum by getting into a fight every now and then, but hacking away with the stick to trigger said fight? He should be above that shit. And he's the captain so the rest of the team plays the same way.

ZING! When a team's captain, no matter the team, plays dirty it drags the rest of the team down. It makes them look like a group of amateurs.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Pronger is a classless goon too. Cross checking Kesler after a goal was cheap, and should have been a penalty.

I'm just wondering what the hell is going on with the Flyers. They're pretty much leading the league in classless thuggery this year.

Corvus on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    what the hell is going on with the Flyers

They're just being the Flyers, as usual.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jean wrote: »
    what the hell is going on with the Flyers
    They're just being the Flyers, as usual.
    Yeah, I was about to say. Are we talking about the same Flyers? They've been a bunch of goons for decades.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Pronger is a classless goon too. Cross checking Kesler after a goal was cheap, and should have been a penalty.

I'm just wondering what the hell is going on with the Flyers. They're pretty much leading the league in classless thuggery this year.

Pronger is a career goon. I don't think he ever played the game like an adult.

Satan. on
  • Options
    AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It seems that many flyers fans are serious douchebags.. booing Andrew Alberts when he got up off the ice after taking a hit to the head?

AgentBryant on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It seems that many flyers fans are serious douchebags.. booing Andrew Alberts when he got up off the ice after taking a hit to the head?

Its Philly, from what I've gathered doucebaggery is sort of the thing for Philly sports fans.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Its Philly, from what I've gathered doucebaggery is sort of the thing for Philly.

Fixed.

Satan. on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cheering for Ottawa was awesome until about 6 games ago

Either way I'll follow my Spartans till the bitter end

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for the stellar commentary.

I've noticed this about the Flyers, cranking out goons. Do you think this is something the GM there is actively seeking out (dirty players) or is it just bad coincidence?

Satan. on