As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A sad and sober [Chat]

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    God those were good episodes.
    That show was ten kinds of awesome. It died an undeserving death.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    Ask Hacks and Senj.

I even bow to people.

Like, constantly.

And I'm American.

Weeaboo?

Weeaboo don't admit to being American unless you torture them.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited October 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Ask Hacks and Senj.

I even bow to people.

Like, constantly.

And I'm American.

Weeaboo?

Weeaboo don't admit to being American unless you torture them.

Good point. I assume you know this from first-hand experience.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I mean, child conscription is one of the few issues that can actually rouse me from my bubbling pit of apathy to some sort of righteous anger

Replace "apathy" with "generic frustration" and you've described me well. Actually, most political uses of children.

Hello, Church. You should find an avatar. Apparently it helps people to remember you.

Linden on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Isn't the first new season movie thing coming out this year?

moniker on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Have you never had a gelato? They are simply sublime. It and espresso are most likely why Italy was so very relaxed.

Yeah, I had some in Australia when I went down there. Also, actual good not-burnt coffee.

Gelato is pretty awesome. That said, so is frozen custard.

--

Futurama is one of the few things I will willingly watch multiple times. That and Amelie.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Linden wrote: »
    I mean, child conscription is one of the few issues that can actually rouse me from my bubbling pit of apathy to some sort of righteous anger

Replace "apathy" with "generic frustration" and you've described me well. Actually, most political uses of children.

Hello, Church. You should find an avatar. Apparently it helps people to remember you.

While this is generally true, somehow I think Church won't really have any trouble with that.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So I've decided that Lovecraft reminds of Borjes.

Except that Borjes' hardon was for books, while Lovecraft gets off to the words "aeon" and "madness."

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Linden wrote: »

While this is generally true, somehow I think Church won't really have any trouble with that.

Perhaps. I do think it is also beneficial in seeming approachable, though.

Linden on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Good point. I assume you know this from first-hand experience.

You know how they say scent is the sense most attached to memory?

Let's just say that the smell of first-edition pages of InuYasha burning over an open fire will be forever etched into my mind.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Night [chat].

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Isn't the first new season movie thing coming out this year?

There are answers to this question. They need to be posted.

moniker on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Homelessness is fucking intolerable and I came very close tonight to kicking out all the glass in my car because Jesus Christ it is depressing I bought some take-out 'cause I realized I had a few bucks extra in my checking account but I couldn't find anywhere to sit and eat it because it was too late out and there wasn't enough room in my car so I figured I could just wait until Amanda and Michael got back and opened the door so I waited and waited and waited and about four hours later after alternating between burning off gas and shivering wildly in the backseat they finally show up

... with a friend of Michael's, drunk, passed-out, and put him on top of my stuff on the basement, which is not only where I live but they put a passed-out drunk on top of my clothes THEY PUT HIM THERE

and then tell me oh well

I just got inside now

I have been on my feet for the last twelve hours just passing time and trying not to die

which, consequently, makes me want to die

EDIT: to resolve an unclosed thread, the food became unpalatable and unsalvagable after several hours of heating and cooling in my passenger seat

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Homelessness is fucking intolerable and I came very close tonight to kicking out all the glass in my car because Jesus Christ it is depressing I bought some take-out 'cause I realized I had a few bucks extra in my checking account but I couldn't find anywhere to sit and eat it because it was too late out and there wasn't enough room in my car so I figured I could just wait until Amanda and Michael got back and opened the door so I waited and waited and waited and about four hours later after alternating between burning off gas and shivering wildly in the backseat they finally show up

... with a friend of Michael's, drunk, passed-out, and put him on top of my stuff on the basement, which is not only where I live but they put a passed-out drunk on top of my clothes THEY PUT HIM THERE

and then tell me oh well

I just got inside now

I have been on my feet for the last twelve hours just passing time and trying not to die

which, consequently, makes me want to die

EDIT: to resolve an unclosed thread, the food became unpalatable and unsalvagable after several hours of heating and cooling in my passenger seat

How long until you head for portland?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    all seven of the rooms I figured were shoe-ins ended up being no-goods despite the fact I responded to a lot of them as soon as the ads went up so I don't even fucking know

maybe I'll have better luck come Monday

the current plan would have me arriving on Saturday the 20th but fuck if I have all of the logistics planned yet

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    well I clearly missed a page in the ballad of obo.

off to bed, chat. be well

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    night Vari

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I appreciate the poise with which I jab the F5 key

I wish other people could also appreciate this

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I can't fucking believe they put a drunk on my couch harumph harumph I'm going to fucking nix a bitch oi oi if you get the wash yeh

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oboro you need to layer the bandannas in your hobo bindle if you want to insulate its contents. Do a crossweave sort of parquet pattern if possible. Should get the greatest R value.

moniker on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God damn I am so clutch. That was a great fucking win.

VishNub on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The universe abhors me.

But at least there's beer.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    in brighter news, I might be leaving behind a legacy after all by hooking up with the untouchable asexual latino beauty that legend has surrounded for the three years he has attended Montclair State and broken the hearts of all

now he is in my palm and will cap a week of the most random and frequent hooking-up I have ever experienced in my life I mean like seriously I have no idea how we got to this situation well I sort of do I mean I am a slut but still

I never thought "playing both sides of the fence" would prove a viable stratagem

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited October 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I saw Across The Universe today. It was... all right... The parts of extreme absurdity or corniness ruined it for me, though. I wouldn't mind the singing if it weren't for the outright silly dancing. And I was mostly for the style of production, but there was one particular scene that I suppose was supposed to capture the "psychedelic" aspect of their travel and life, but it mostly was just too weird, and made no sense. I just felt more or less like "what the fuck?" instead of, "Oh, what a stylistic and efficient narrative method for characterizing drug use of the 60's!"

Ambiguity and confusion isn't a damnable offense in movie making, sometimes it makes the most sense to leaves things open-ended, slightly confusing/mysterious, or unexplained. But this context, of this movie, just did not seem like it should have remained so god awfully nonsensical.

"Is he really a clown guy? Are those decorations real? Is the trip real? Where the hell are they? What the fuck is going on? What purpose is this scene serving? What the hell is the director trying to show me by confusing me with this scene rather then actually just showing them using the drugs? Is this supposed to be grounded in reality at all?"

Also, what's wrong with ege? I had gotten an idea from some comments that he isn't wholly appreciated as a forumer, but it seemed to be as much about his opinions as his attitude, the latter of which was fabled ot be quite unpleasant.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    morning [chat]

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I am experiencing a most peculiar feeling of dissociation...

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Like, a general sense of "unconnectedness" with all other living beings? Like you'll never feel really close to anyone?

Or, like, you aren't in your own body? Cause that could be drugs.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    well [chat] I am going to pass out on the floor now

life is love vOv

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Like, a general sense of "unconnectedness" with all other living beings? Like you'll never feel really close to anyone?

The former is standard for me. What I speak of is the latter.

No, it's not drugs.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't drink alcohol, I hear it makes you sick.

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

The former is standard for me. What I speak of is the latter.

No, it's not drugs.

Well then I would advise the immediate procurement and consumption of said substances.

You could be tired. it could be the result of many incremental forces at work recently in your life. Small, perhaps wholly unimportant singular events unconsciously growing within you a sense of dissociation. Maybe it's some sort of neurotoxin released into your room.

I'm voting for some sort of feeling or thought you aren't even aware of yet affecting you. I rarely attribute feelings or actions to subconscious drives, but I'm not one either to ignore the effects of unconscious thoughts or motives.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't drink alcohol, I hear it makes you sick.

That's half the fun, son.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So, I appear to be sick, but the only symptoms I have are headache and fever. No cough, no body aches, not really tired, no pain anywhere, no rashes, no stiffness -- nothing.

That sort of worries me, because if it were a respiratory infection presumably it would make me cough a lot (generally when I get a cold/flu I am coughing like a motherfucker for weeks, even after I feel totally well, I still cough.).

The fever/headache go away shortly after taking two ibuprofen, and it stays gone for about 8-10 hours, maybe 12.

I feel essentially healthy -- the headache and fever are unpleasant, but I just don't have that "sick" feeling.

Should I go to the doctor, or am I being a hypochondriac?

I think I shall post this in H/A as well.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You might have some allergies? or a reaction to something?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    just a little under the weather/run down/tired?

How long for?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I should probably post this in H/A, but see if you guys can think of anything.

I'm using firefox, but it's starting to annoy me as half the pics on any given page don't show up. Looked at Camino, but couldn't work out how to set the prefs so it would connect with the network at my College. Opera is really slow and some sites (like flickr) just don't work at all. Trying to keep Safari for my wireless access at the Faculty. Any ideas?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    BobCesca wrote: »
    just a little under the weather/run down/tired?

How long for?

Started yesterday.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    You might have some allergies? or a reaction to something?

I've never been allergic to anything in my life before, so probably not.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So on a scale of 1-forever, how banned will I get if I post in Aem's H/A thread that he should just harden the fuck up?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.