As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Share your pics!

13»

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    This is my new favourite picture. I am going to post it all the time.

Quizmaster.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Doc wrote:
    I was actually more impressed by the huge group of drooling fanboys that jammed there way like sardines to stare at the frag dolls. During the tourney it got so crowded on the floor that there were about 20 or 30 leaning over the railing on the floor above.

It's things like that that make me realize how sad we can get sometimes.

Like I said, it was great to have one come up to me to advertise a tournament or something. I sneered and walked away. She didn't do anything to deserve it really, but she gets paid to pretend to flirt with geeks, and they had enough admirers to make up for it.

So is it really a snub if you have to post on a forum and point out vociferously that you 'ignored' them...? Sounds to me like you've been cogitating their position a lot, and didn't know just how to converse with them rationally when actually faced with one.

I don't think that it is hard to see that they are skilled and hardcore gamers who are getting paid to do something that they love.

Just wish them well and get on with your little life, man.

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2005
    Doc wrote:
    I was actually more impressed by the huge group of drooling fanboys that jammed there way like sardines to stare at the frag dolls. During the tourney it got so crowded on the floor that there were about 20 or 30 leaning over the railing on the floor above.

Like I said, it was great to have one come up to me to advertise a tournament or something. I sneered and walked away. She didn't do anything to deserve it really, but she gets paid to pretend to flirt with geeks, and they had enough admirers to make up for it.

Actually, they get paid to whip my ass in the finals of the GR2 tourney.
    There's no other way to put it, they dominated everyone they faced.

Yeah, you can say what you want about their attitude or personas, but they deserve respect for playing a solid game. I'd find it easier to act all aloof and important if they couldn't play really well.

I don't know what was up with you guys, but they seemed cool to me. No aloofness when I talked to them. Paid or not, they were nice and I give them props for dealing with all the guys who've never spoken with a girl before.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2005
    PDR_0865.jpg
    PDR_0892.jpg
    PDR_0846.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Doc wrote:

So is it really a snub if you have to post on a forum and point out vociferously that you 'ignored' them...? Sounds to me like you've been cogitating their position a lot, and didn't know just how to converse with them rationally when actually faced with one.

I don't think that it is hard to see that they are skilled and hardcore gamers who are getting paid to do something that they love.

Just wish them well and get on with your little life, man.

OMG, I don't know how to talk to girls. Wait, that's not it. I just don't appreciate the feeling of being expected to drool over someone that I get when they are around.

And I respect them in terms of being solid gamers.

Edit: I should clarify that it's not really their fault and my irritation is probably misplaced, but they were the only ones representing this feeling there.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Can we get back to the topic of posting pics, if you wanna bitch about being snubbing, start a thread about it. Meanwhile, I've posted everything but my concert pix, http://photobucket.com/albums/a105/moe_fwacky

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    doc, i saw you post about snubbing someone and i thought "wow, how silly that he had to make it known that he snubbed someone in order for it to have effect." neither i or the other girl who was recruiting recalled a snub, but either way we'd like to pass on that we are grievously injured that you did not allow us to flirt with you and pull some wool over your eyes.

we're proud that we won the competition, because we knew some of the teams entering had competitive experience with the game. however, a lot of the teams didn't, so scoring 1650 to 15 isn't a brag-worthy accomplishment. most people signed up for fun and ended up on a team with 3 other people who just wanted to have fun too. i hope they did, even though we didn't go as easy as we might have considering their circumstances. everyone was very classy and made the tournament a success in a way that a single team cannot.

to the guys who took second, many of whom we know and respect as awesome players, congratulations. you deserved the psps and the lumines, and they should keep you occupied enough to ensure that you're never a challenge again. i had expected to face another team, so you four were an upset, and you did very well.

39111328_d5e9aa897a.jpg?v=0

also

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29522220@N00/sets/861594/

my paxpix collection.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Arrrrrr

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:
    doc, i saw you post about snubbing someone and i thought "wow, how silly that he had to make it known that he snubbed someone in order for it to have effect." neither i or the other girl who was recruiting recalled a snub, but either way we'd like to pass on that we are grievously injured that you did not allow us to flirt with you and pull some wool over your eyes.

we're proud that we won the competition, because we knew some of the teams entering had competitive experience with the game. however, a lot of the teams didn't, so scoring 1650 to 15 isn't a brag-worthy accomplishment. most people signed up for fun and ended up on a team with 3 other people who just wanted to have fun too. i hope they did, even though we didn't go as easy as we might have considering their circumstances. everyone was very classy and made the tournament a success in a way that a single team cannot.

to the guys who took second, many of whom we know and respect as awesome players, congratulations. you deserved the psps and the lumines, and they should keep you occupied enough to ensure that you're never a challenge again. i had expected to face another team, so you four were an upset, and you did very well.

<snip>

also

my paxpix collection.

Please read my edit. I have admitted that my irritation was misplaced. In fact, you guys did quite an admirable job of both kicking ass and taking names, in that order.

In fact, I (for good reason, probably) feel like an ass now.

Doc on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    What happened to the 7th frag doll?

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    khoo stole her!

actually, she got a full time gig at microsoft. this makes me a sad panda for my own part, but it's awesome for her.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    awwwww and what will you ever do without her?

futility on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Maybe...hold auditions at a gaming convention looking for that new 7th member and move on in life?

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    I may have posted this one somewhere else but...
    PDR_0489.jpg

And on the Fragdolls note, here they are after winning their first round
    PDR_0263.jpg

Here's Katscratch announcing that Team 13 (my team) needs to remove their shirts
    PDR_0266.jpg

and a rare treat... a picture of me! (only about 9 of them exist in the world)
    PDR_0496.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    apotheos wrote:
    The frag dolls were some of the unhappiest looking people I saw at PAX.

I was going to say...at E3 the Frag Dolls seemed like they were all business.

Maybe they just had their game faces on, but if so, they were having a tough time taking them off. :P

Polago on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    well, my pics came out crap so you'll have to wait for trillian's. and speaking of frag dolls, one of them said she should join.... :o

Not sure whats up though.

Shade on
  • Options
    BeatByAGrrlBeatByAGrrl Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Just so ya'll know, I'm stealing all of these pics!! I'm making my own bootleg PAX 05 DVD, and I didn't take many pics so I need yours.

This DVD is not-for-profit, although I'm not opposed to you sending me money, this is supposed to be a fun collection of all the video and pics me and my friends took at PAX into one multimedia event on DVD. So, if you also have any digital video you can send me, email it to dontcallmeallison@hotmail.com.

If you'd like a DVD, email me about it. I'll give you my address and you can send me a self-addressed and stamped envelope and I'll send you back a DVD. If you're too lazy to do all that, you can send me a check for, oh, let's say $5 and I'll send you a copy.

BeatByAGrrl on
    when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I'm never quite sure why it's so cool to ignore girls or pretend they don't exist. And why paying them any attention is too much. I think some get the impression they elevate themselves by doing this. I like girls... I like to meet girls... and I don't see any reason to deny it.

Sure, there are those that go overboard and cross the line from treating them like people to treating them like idols. I'm sure the FragDolls get that line crossed even more.

But they didn't seem any less happy than anybody else. I had a perfectly reasonable, brief conversation with Seppuku while I was watching the Katamari Omegathon round. She didn't seem "on the job" or whatever.

Anyway, on with more pics. Girls... guys... inanimate objects... just more pics!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Tyler wrote:
    http://photos32.flickr.com/38644587_d24bf03e75.jpg?v=0

Thats soooo my drunk ass on the DDR pad.

That's who you are!

I have pics of you, will trade for the pic you took of me to put on myspace.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    yay more frag doll drama

I think it boils down to- they can play, and play well. They are doing what anybody else would do given the opportunity. The frag dolls are good people.

But ubisoft, or whoever sponsers them, are retards who should not make a "girlsonly" team, because it makes them nothing better than dumb boothbabes. They should sponser a team of good players that might or might not include girls. It's demeaning. And the losers who drool over them only highlight this fact.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Look! A pic! This was my birthday dinner the night before when I presented the Leviathan to the attendees:

leviathon0mo.jpg

Closeup of Levi:

IMG_0110Small.jpg

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    jenelle wrote:
    Tyler wrote:
    http://photos32.flickr.com/38644587_d24bf03e75.jpg?v=0

Thats soooo my drunk ass on the DDR pad.

That's who you are!

I have pics of you, will trade for the pic you took of me to put on myspace.

Sounds like a fair trade. I'm gonna try and get all those pics hosted soon. My problem is I'm very lazy.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BeatByAGrrlBeatByAGrrl Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    HELP PLEASE!

I'm attempting to amass the greatest photoslideshow of PAX 2k5 pics ever onto a DVD... so I've been copying as many pics as ya'll will post. Here's the thing - when ya'll post pics on flickr that have the little boxes that you can hover over and see a little comment, and photos saved as .gif files, I can't see them in my slideshow for some reason. I can't even open them to look at them. In fact, everyone I right-click on and "Save picture as..." the .gifs are all named "spaceball". It's really weird. Are you doing this on purpose so people won't steal you photos? Or do I have some kind of user error on my hands here? Also, if you don't mind, GIVE ME MORE PHOTOS!!! I NEED THEM TO LIVE!!!

BeatByAGrrl on
    when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2005
    RESIZE YOUR PICTURES

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    UnrequitedUnrequited Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    RESIZE YOUR PICTURES
    Geez, you whine about EVERY thread hah.

Unrequited on
    -Unrequited

signed/PLAYED Miyamoto guitar:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7567184222
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Tyler wrote:
    Sounds like a fair trade. I'm gonna try and get all those pics hosted soon. My problem is I'm very lazy.

Same. Also I have over 700 pictures and 4 videos to upload and I'm not looking forward to it. :x

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    arithena wrote:
    Look! A pic! This was my birthday dinner the night before when I presented the Leviathan to the attendees:

Happy Birthday! Mine's on the 25th as well. A few more shots (email if you want high-quality). Looks like you had this comic printed out. :)
    424_2426.jpg424_2427.jpg
    424_2429.jpg
    424_2430.jpg

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Found a few more panoramas (like the Exhibition Hall, Pocky table, everyone leaving on Sunday, and more).
    I'm also uploading the album of nearly every photo I took, resized small. http://www.darkphibre.com/PAX05

Booths(7)LQ.jpg
    Pocky(7).jpg

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Oh shits! Those are wonderful!

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    I've got quite a few, but thought I'd share this one in particular:

Strawberry Shortcake Girl & The Porsche!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I finally got around to doing my recap site (well, almost all of it. I need to do the Exhibition hall, which will be quite the monumental undertaking). A few warnings before you enter:

*Generally, I suck at anything artisitc. That's why there's basically no HTML nor any serious attempt to clean up the pictures. I figured pics > page design by a long shot. Comments about the design of the site can be forwarded to /dev/null
    *Expect page downloads in the 2MB area. All the pics on the page are ~1024x768. However, it downloads really fast for me, and I'm on a cable modem two states away.
    *I'm working on getting a thumbnailed gallery up, but that's a bunch of tedious work that I'd rather not do.
    *I generally suck at taking pictures and it shows.

With that out of the way, enjoy.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Here are my pics... better late than never I guess.

I posted a little journalish thing about my experiences along with them...

http://palehour.com/news2/respond.php?story=1126472279

I apologize for the ugliness of the site. I'm direct linking to a news script that I wrote years ago that doesn't actually support direct linking. =P

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005

Honestly, I'm completely surprised that none of the galleries I've seen so far contain upskirt shots. I saw a number of opportunities for such voyeurism, but I couldn't bring myself to make it a Kodak moment - I only go so low.

I didn't anticipate that sort of restraint from everyone else.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    apotheos wrote:

Honestly, I'm completely surprised that none of the galleries I've seen so far contain upskirt shots. I saw a number of opportunities for such voyeurism, but I couldn't bring myself to make it a Kodak moment - I only go so low.

I didn't anticipate that sort of restraint from everyone else.

not so pretty girl + vinyl gekky outfit + 10,000 geeks = superstar hottie

uc4life on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:

39111328_d5e9aa897a.jpg?v=0

also

my paxpix collection.

Thanks.

Now that I've played the game, you can look forward to future destr...oooooh lumines...drooool....

NotASenator on