As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    have i missed something
    or

are there like limits to how many medics you can have on a team

somebody else could have just gone medic and let tfs battle it out

i personally like the needlegun a bunch. i usually play medic

Most people are under the impression that when there's a Medic on the team, they're planning on healing people. I don't go Medic when I see there are already 2 of them. That's why people get annoyed when it turns out one of them is just running around jerking off. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a Medic is going to be healing. Even if everybody understands that the one guy is a "battle medic" and doesn't really count, he's still not doing the team any favors.
    Why does it matter at all

why

its a game

if you win, nothing happens

if you lose, nothing happens

I don't play games for "nothing." I play them to have fun. Most of the time that means doing my best and working with the team to win the game. Competition is fun. And when I want to win and somebody on my team is making us lose, that's not much fun. Once in a while we all agree to mess around and that's fine and dandy, but as a general rule I like to play TF2 as it's meant to be played. Being a deadweight in a team game is griefing.

Zek on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Help I'm dying I'm on fire I have 12 health"

"lol battlemedic"

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    uh oh, someone isn't playing right!
    BOO

FUCKING

HOO

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    you know what, if I couldn't be a battlemedic, then I'd just be something else. I'm not sitting there healing your fat heavy ass all match. oh look, nothing has changed as I am not healing you still, but now you're not mad for some reason I guess?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    not healing as a medic is trolling, alert the media
    Or you know, behaving in a way that you know will piss people off.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    np :)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    its a tarp

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Where logic and reason fail

itt

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    this is why I don't post in G&T about TF2 anymore. there's so much hate.

"durrr snipers r da useless, kills r meaningless!"

and somehow a engineer with as many as many points as a good sniper is all of a sudden a god, but the sniper still worthless. despite preventing as many people from entering/exiting the base or CP.

oh ok, thats why we all have guns and the game revolves around killing people with guns

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

itt

Next time just pipe a bunch of south park clips into the server and teefs will get all pissy and leave.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Wren wrote: »

oh ok, thats why we all have guns and the game revolves around killing people with guns
    I have fun as a sniper. And if you pick off 60-70% of the dudes trying to cross in 2fort and force them to use the sewers or concentrate on killing you, then you're helping out your team...unless you're like Sniper #4.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

itt

where whiny bitchfests are not welcomed

ittoymb (in this thread or your mom's butt)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

I have fun as a sniper. And if you pick off 60-70% of the dudes trying to cross in 2fort and force them to use the sewers or concentrate on killing you, then you're helping out your team...unless you're like Sniper #4.

snipers with no points are useless

any class with no points is useless

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

itt

It just all depends on his intent. If he just wanted to have fun as a medic, then there is nothing wrong with that. The medic is actually pretty damn deadly if you know how to use it. He does not have to heal.

Of course if his intent was to be a dick, like he is sometimes and it is entirely possible that this was the case now.. well then he was griefing and he is a dick.

Just switch teams or something. Although honestly, it is not hurting you that much to have one medic not heal. You should watch the TF2 video by Team Roomba on how to be a douchebag in TF2, then you might realize that what Teefs did is not the worst thing that could have happened.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My favorite thing to see when starting a game of TF2 is a team that consists of four snipers or five engineers.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I hate engineer so much. its either I'm against a team that knows how to take out my SGs easily and my team does nothing to stop them, or I'm against a team that sucks and can't get into my base, making my SG sitting there not doing anything all match.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hate engineer so much. its either I'm against a team that knows how to take out my SGs easily and my team does nothing to stop them, or I'm against a team that sucks and can't get into my base, making my SG sitting there not doing anything all match.

2fort is the only map I go engie on. I usually get next to no points, because I sit in the flag room with my sentry and a dispenser, with hopefully one other engineer's SG and dispenser to help cover me. The ideal is when a pyro is down there with me. Not a lot of action, but it is an important part.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    If you're playing as an organized team or in some sort of competition, fine, but if it's just a bunch of people dicking around and there's absolutely nothing at stake? I just don't see the harm in it.

If it were "just a bunch of people dicking around" then I don't think so many people would be pissed off. Teefs was probably just playing like a dick while everyone else on his team was trying to win.

Actually we were all having a good time on the same team

In fact even the other team joined us in doing class rushes, etc

It was a semi-serious pick up game in a public server. It was not for money, or a clan match.

Most of the G&T Hurf 'n Durf is coming from idiots with retard axe to grind who weren't even there, or who got themselves laughed out of the server before we were even done (Gothar, kruetz)

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Artreus wrote: »

2fort is the only map I go engie on. I usually get next to no points, because I sit in the flag room with my sentry and a dispenser, with hopefully one other engineer's SG and dispenser to help cover me. The ideal is when a pyro is down there with me. Not a lot of action, but it is an important part.

I only play 2fort (CTF 4 lyfe), and this still happens to me all the time

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If only people would focus more so on the fun factor of the game then the points and non-existent rankings.

I mean if you're dicking around at least do it when everyone else is, or when there's like no one on the server, but when piping music, do it more, seriously, it's good. Comma comma comma.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    being on top of the scoreboard is fun, since it involves the most amount of fun because I've just funned the hell out of so many funny enemies.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    It's a fucking game, jesus christ

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Snipers are useless when they aren't getting kills. If you are leading the pack as a sniper it is likely you are helping the team out quite a bit.

It's not the same as in like Battlefield where sitting around and sniping on a giant outdoor map really isn't helping the team.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Butters wrote: »

Snipers are useless when they aren't getting kills. If you are leading the pack as a sniper it is likely you are helping the team out quite a bit.

It's not the same as in like Battlefield where sitting around and sniping on a giant outdoor map really isn't helping the team.

but apparently kills are meaningless, its all about the objectives!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The only time when kills are meaningless is when the respawn time is really short.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    usually you just get a kill rate proportional to the respawn timer anyways.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Medics have weapons other than the healing gun, it is a built in mechanic that medics can attack other players.

You are complaining about him not helping the team.

Maybe you should be a teammate worth healing before you complain. I've played with Teefs, he is a damn good player. I'm betting that everyone complaining had less kills than teefs did as the medic.

What does that say about you? Maybe you should concentrate on doing more than bleeding all over the place and getting your ass killed. Then maybe you might be a teammember that is actually worth keeping alive.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Teefs was probably contributing more to the team with his kills and general distractive style of play (because everyone goes after the medic first) Than atleast half your team. Maybe you should have complained more at the people who weren't doing dick all for your team. Or maybe you should just stop crying like a little baby girl.

also teefs: what was the ultimate defense ?

Grath on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How about you stop trying to crawl up Teefs ass?

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Artreus wrote: »

If you're getting next to no points your gun should be moved, or you should have time to go run out and put up a teleporter.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I remember on a PA server for gravelpit, I kept on building turrets as O, on the last flag before we could cap it. Apparently that is just not done, tsk tsk, let our engineers build their own turrets there ok?.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    How about you stop trying to crawl up Teefs ass?

I can vouch for him as a player, he's awesome at the game he knows what he's doing.

I also have experience with people that throw fits during the game about the way people are playing. They are looking for a reason they suck besides the obvious "I sucK" reason.

here's how their mindset works

"man I keep rushing through this doorway where they are all at and getting shot by all of them and dying, that guy sucks because he's not healing me!"

here's how my mindset works when playing the game

"man they keep killing me as I try and run in there, maybe I should try something else or perhaps wait for them to shoot at that heavy that keeps yelling for a medic and then run in after him"

Grath on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    basically about 5 of us went engineer on gravel pit on blue team

and at the spawn just built every building an engie can do

it is the ultimate

PotU and I would spy-pyro your shit to rubble in a heartbeat.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

[Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.