As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Phallagnarok. Loki assaults the divine order.

• Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I think Whod, Jeilan, and visiblehowl have one turqoise vote.

Saburbia has a bunch of red votes, Typhus and I have one red vote.

I'd blue vote to break the tie, i don't think killing three people is going to help us at all. I just don't want to drop it out of self-preservation only, seems kind of selfish.

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I feel used.

Don't you know any girls IRL, puppy dog?

Yea.

But saying "making a mistake in your vote making it useless is suscipious, I will take my vote off of you if you fix it" then voting for me again later on is kinda weird.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    !vote Jeilan

Locus on
  • Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia, i'm only voting for you because everyone else is guessing that you're evil. If Irene is correct and all we have to go on is our hunches then i'm going to follow the others because I don't have any suspicions of my own. I'm sorry though, you really are a cute puppy.

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sabs, I'm going to be so ashamed when it turns out that you were dirty as sin and I fell for your sad puppy act.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Whod wrote: »
    Saburbia, i'm only voting for you because everyone else is guessing that you're evil. If Irene is correct and all we have to go on is our hunches then i'm going to follow the others because I don't have any suspicions of my own. I'm sorry though, you really are a cute puppy.

And that's exactly why this happens though. 2 people thought it was suscipious that I was still alive, voted for me, then another person comes up saying "oh I got nothing better" and votes for me too, then after that the bandwagon people show up and just go along because they are too lazy to do any work in this phalla.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sabs, I'm going to be so ashamed when it turns out that you were dirty as sin and I fell for your sad puppy act.

What do you mean? Trying to make yourself look innocent if this goes on another day?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Vote closed.

This is not the final night.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Owell, I forgot to do my thing today, screw you guys! :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Sabs, don't worry. We'll get you some beer and wenches and make everything all better.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Sabs, don't worry. We'll get you some beer and wenches and make everything all better.

I will soon be among the cool people.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Day 8 results-

The legions of the dead had washed over Midgard, but it was less menacing than the cold or the darkness. In fact, it was more fun than anything, really. Zombie stickball was a surprisingly popular game, in spite of the general feeling of dread which plagued most of the population.

But the fun and games took a sharp turn towards serious business when the sky was torn apart in a fiery blaze.

There were no hoards of giants pouring forth from the opening. Instead, only a single devilish and suave fellow appeared, conveniently near the peak of Franang's Falls. He carried a sword, though it was tightly sheathed, and his beard and hair were impeccably groomed. The band of Prjtty Prjyncesses caught his attention, and he called out to them.

"You are the ones, correct? I bide my time day after uneventful day, with only the consolation that eventually the time will come for me to ride forth in glory, leading my vast host and setting fire to the entire known world. And here the sun falters, and the horn blasts, and the winter comes, but it's all a farce. This isn't Ragnarok at all, but rather some perverted, ill-conceived, immature parody. What next? Dick jokes?" He clenched his fist in anger. "Graaagh!!! Have you no sense of what rage fills my soul in this moment, you stupid bastards? I could strangle a puppy."

The Prjyncesses convened in horror. Jeilan took charge.

"Okay, calm down. We can get out of this unharmed. Now, do we have any puppies we could offer?"

Vic was now as enraged as the fire giant. "Sacrifice a puppy? You sicken me. I should strike you down now."

"Now is not the time for sentimentality. There is no limit we can afford to adhere to in placating him. Now, do we have any puppies?"

The answer was clear in the sullen faces all staring at the ground.

"Wait! There is hope. Saburbia!"

"Who? What? Saburbia died in the ambush a week past." "Nay, he died in the stampede of wild boars." "Fools, he was slain at the hands of the Turquoise elemental."

"Uh, actually, guys, I'm still here. I've actually been pretty active, too. But I think this plan is unfounded. It would be wiser to..."

"Egads, by what miracle do you still live?" "You must be some manner of demon to have survived all that."

Jeilan cut through the clamor, "Enough, men. We must act quickly if we are to stay the giant's rage."

Saburbia would not resign himself to his fate. "You, you jerkfaces! Big dumb jerkfaces, all of you!"

"Yeah? Well, we aren't the ones who have lived a ridiculously long time, now are we?"

"That must be some kind of jerkface code for saying you are a big dumb jerkface, because I don't want to believe I really just heard you say that. Fine, I'll go, but Jeilan's coming with me."

Jeilan seemed to be the only one with any real objections to that request, so the two trotted off.

---

"Hey, Surt old boy."

"Oh, how thoughtful of them."

Surt merrily strangled his puppy substitute and its owner. He turned to leave, but before he took a step, he looked back at the Prjtty Prjyncesses. "Heh, you know, I'm not really sure how to return to Muspelheim. I mean, the original plan didn't really detail anything beyond the 'engulf the world in a raging inferno' stage. That hole in the sky...how am I supposed to get up there?"

The Prjyncesses could only give him a collective shrug of their shoulders.

"Yeah...well, thanks for the puppy. Just don't think I won't be doing the whole inferno thing, later." And off he went.

The group was now less than a day's march from the peak. This was hardly a point of reassurance for the Prjyncesses, as they knew they had a long way to go before reaching the peak would actually accomplish anything. Time was running out, and the infestation still ran strong. They decided to set up camp to, hopefully, sort things out.

Oatway and Zellpher strode to the center of the group. They had worked from the shadows long enough, now was the time to finish it off.

Zellpher spoke out. "Men! You will die. Einherjar! You will die again." He rose his fist high over his head, and slammed it into the ground. Ice, snow, and dirt flew up in every direction. He and his compatriot made towards their marks in the resulting haze of debris.

Oatway grabbed Vic by the head, and flung him upwards toward the sky. Seconds before the body hit the ground, Oatway noticed a flash of steel. He plucked the body from the air and used it to shield himself from the axe that came from the darkness. He dropped the corpse on the ground.

"You seek to collect on our second promise, I presume." He saw a second flash, this one much more clear. He caught the axe's blade is in his hands, inches from his face, and broke out in maniacal laughter. "You cannot stand against even one of the brothers. We have already one."

This arrogance proved fatal, as a spear pierced clean through his skull from behind.

Zellpher, seeing the scene, lashed out at his brother's murderer. He landed a blow, and sent the einherjar flying away, but not killing him. As he began to pursue, Locus stepped in his way, and fired an arrow from his bow.

Zellpher was struck in the chest, but took a step forward. Then another arrow in the gut, and another step forward. These steps were repeated five more times, and the dance culminated in Zellpher squashing Locus into the ground.

Spent, Zellpher took a knee, but could not catch his breath. The arrows had pierced too deep.

He looked up to find the einherjar who had attacked Oatway, still wielding the axe that had been intended for his brother.

"I won't give you the satisfaction...It would be too cruel to give you this satisfaction before your ultimate defeat." Zellpher reached up weakly and, conjuring up the rest of the massive strength he drew on, ripped out his throat.

Saburbia-Prjtty Prjyncess-Killed by vote
    Jeilan-Prjtty Prjyncess-Killed by vote

Oatway-Byleist, "Second of the Three"-Killed by einherjar
    Vic-Prjtty Prjyncess-Killed by einherjar
    Locus-Prjtty Prjyncess-Killed by einherjar
    A rune, Z
    Zellpher-Helbindi, "Third of the Three"-Killed by einherjar

Mimir and Hoenir's chat was locked due to goatse infestation. Dead folk may continue to chat to make up for it.

Turquoooooise

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Muahaha

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    About time!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good luck, village. I know you can do it!

Locus on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    oooOOOooo
    Ah, I was beginning to think the three were a myth...

durax on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well crap.

!Crono because apparently I suck at interpreting posting history and he was another one that I thought maybe was not evil, just like Oatway and Zellpher.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Five colors? OHNOES!

Savant on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    OOOOOooooOOOOOO

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids, and that damned dog!!!!

OOOOOoooooOOOOo

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So by my count, Whod, Typhus, Irene, Ballbaggins, Visiblehowl and myself are left. Well. Seeing as how the number of kills the einherjar's have gotten has not decreased... I'm going to guess this will be the last night.

Crono729 on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Crono729 wrote: »
    So by my count, Whod, Typhus, Irene, Ballbaggins, Visiblehowl and myself are left. Well. Seeing as how the number of kills the einherjar's have gotten has not decreased... I'm going to guess this will be the last night.

So you're saying this is going to be like the end of Reservoir Dogs?

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And the sky cracked open and forth came the giant Surt.

This will be the beginning of day 8 narration, or maybe 7. I still haven't started...That's almost enough for me to type a sad smiley.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    See what happens when I get voted off, GIANT SURTS!
    certs_hi_res.jpg

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm sure they will be worth the wait.
    Your narration has been top notch.

durax on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    durax wrote: »
    I'm sure they will be worth the wait.
    Your narration has been top notch.

Indeed, I have immensely enjoyed them.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    'Bout time you found some of them meddling faction of 3. Awesome!

Also, here's to hoping we have an awesome showdown like phalla based phalla with every faction represented at the minimum numbers for a final day.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    By my count every faction is, indeed, represented.
    This day shall be interesting to watch.

durax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alright, I'm fairly certain now that Irene is an einherjar. It makes sense. Trying to start a bandwagon quick on the last day, check. Replacement for an inactive, check. Brown voted by the dead, check.

Crono729 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    After a quick double checking it would seem that the three people who brown voted Irene were all Vanir. Also, as far as I can tell Ham Torpey was killed for being inactive. Why was Irene brought in as a replacement? That screams special role to me.

My conclusion is that Irene is an Aesir Einherjar, or a trickster.

Edited to add - the replacement question also brings some suspicion on Mr. Ballbaggins.

Crono729 on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Crono729 wrote: »
    After a quick double checking it would seem that the three people who brown voted Irene were all Vanir. Also, as far as I can tell Ham Torpey was killed for being inactive. Why was Irene brought in as a replacement? That screams special role to me.

My conclusion is that Irene is an Aesir Einherjar, or a trickster.

Edited to add - the replacement question also brings some suspicion on Mr. Ballbaggins.

Irene and I both came in on night 4, I believe. Ham Torpey was booted on night 6. It would've been kind of pointless to replace anyone that close to the end.

Irene very well could be evil. I wouldn't be horribly surprised. But I assure you being a replacement doesn't automatically mean special role.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So we are allowed to talk now?

Who killed me?

Go on admit it if you can. I dare you.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hay guys wats goin' on in- HURK!

Alternatively, awm nawm nawm. Tasty souls!

Oats on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get your damn filthy mouth off my soul.

Seriously on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Blarney's tasted the best.

Oats on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oatway wrote: »

First time as a bad guy right? Did you enjoy it? Sending in kill orders can be strangely satisfying.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Oatway wrote: »

First time as a bad guy right? Did you enjoy it? Sending in kill orders can be strangely satisfying.

It's like being at an all you can eat buffet, so hard to choose what you want first.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wait... dead people can still talk? I thought that ended along with the event vote.

I would strongly prefer it if I were to not get eaten by a hawk AGAIN

zanmatto on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zan it's not like you didn't deserve getting disemboweled by hawks. So you can't really complain about it.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    No hawk ate you.
    You were drowned in horse urine.

durax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    durax wrote: »