As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Phallagnarok. Loki assaults the divine order.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The six reached the step of the summit. But the journey was still far from over.

IreneDAdler drew her sword and looked over her five companions. "We will determine the victor here."

The rest nodded in agreement, and each in turn drew his own weapon. A flake of snow descended from the sky, and the battle for supremacy began.

Irene was the first victim, as Whod and Crono729 drew upon her, malice in their eyes. She lashed at Whod, but warrior evaded and gave a thrust of her own. Irene clenched her teeth as the blood trickled from her arm. "You've made a terrible mistake..." Crono729 embedded his sword in her chest. She fell into the quickly deepening snow, stained by blood and the displaced feathers from her now tattered cloak.

MrBallBaggins was the next target. Whod rushed at him with a blinding quickness, and lunged with her spear. Unfortunately, his years of daily training allowed him to see through such a simple attack, and he stepped to the side. He grabbed the shaft of the spear near Whod's hands, and whispered, "Worry not, I will make this quick."

As he reached for the handle of his knife, he felt a sharp pain in his side. Typhus733 grinned, "You will make nothing."

MrBallBaggins fell to the ground.

"I, however, will make a new world." The grin widened into a sinister smirk, and his right eye glowed menacingly in the still night.

He turned his dreadful gaze to Whod. "You're the last piece. The last piece to the world of Loki."

In desparation, visiblehowl leapt at him, stabbing him in the back.

But Typhus would not be deterred. He cast off visiblehowl with a swing of his arm, and grabbed his own blade from his side. "I've come so far. No blade will stay me here."

Before he could unsheath his weapon, Whod plunged her spear into his chest. But the god was unfazed.

"Nor any other weapon. Take solace in what you accomplish in death. As an einherjar, you were no more than a soldier. As my clay, you will be molded into perfection."

He brought down his sword, his eye glowing now brighter than the sun.

He turned away, heading to the peak.

Crono729 called out to him, "Hold, Loki!" and rushed forward.

Typhus733 remained on his path. "Hlind, it is too late. The sixth soul is mine."

He came to the source of the falls, and splashed his hand around in the icy water. After a few seconds, he fished out a stein. He took a drink of the water it held, and his wounds healed, and his eye grew brighter.

"Hlind, you have always held my affection. I will not slay you. In fact, what say you to accompanying me to Phallhalla? Odin's grasp on this world wavers. I am sure you would bring some solace to him in his final moments."

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    O_o

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh snap.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ominous.

Locus on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aw, damnit. I blame Zot.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Really. Pretentious? Me too! WE SHOULD WRITE A BOOK

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Crono729 is the only player who would have survived the final night, but both of Loki's attacks hit the remaining einherjar, earning a victory for the last of the three.

Loki victory

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Aww. Phooey.

Wait oh crap the narrations make sense now

Are those six people the six people who could ask host questions? Because I died day 0 and they said they claimed the first.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yet another lone wolf to grudge...

Good job Typhus.

durax on
  • Options
    Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    At least I survived, I guess.

Crono729 on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I blame groupthink, see now you guys sure regret voting me off, Typhus was a baddie!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I believe the Greatwood set the precedent that ties go to the village, therefore I am calling this one for the village no matter what anyone says.

Good job, guys, we did it!

Locus on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damnit, Crono. I knew I should've killed you.

At least I tried.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wait, who targeted me?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zellpher, hope you don't mind that I took that eye of yours for myself after you died. I knew you would understand.

Thank you all for such a fun game, I never get to be evil and I always die so borringly in other games. I'm especially glad I got to be what role I was in this game (I have two tattoos personally, one of Mjolnir and one of a raven holding the rune of Odin). Most of all thanks Frosteey for such a good final naration (from my point of view at least)

Oh and VH, I targetted you.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I believe the Greatwood set the precedent that ties go to the village, therefore I am calling this one for the village no matter what anyone says.

What are you talking about? Everyone knows that I won Greatwood. I mean, come on.
    ;-)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Locus wrote: »

What are you talking about? Everyone knows that I won Greatwood. I mean, come on.
    ;-)
    Good point! Ties now go to Pretentious.

Good job, Pretentious, you did it!

Locus on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok who had me killed, seriously. I had a damn item and everything D:

Frosteey what was the point of my item.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Did I win greatwood? :(

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    t Embarkation:
    I killed you.

durax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wait, who targeted me?

Whod did, actually, but I failed to work it into the narration. I kind've neglected the actual murderers in the last few narrations.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    zanmatto wrote: »
    Aww. Phooey.

Wait oh crap the narrations make sense now

Are those six people the six people who could ask host questions? Because I died day 0 and they said they claimed the first.

No... Each einherjar that Loki's faction killed yielded a rune. Six runes, and they were given victory. This was explained to me by Frosteey after I had died, since I was curious about how accurate I was in my clue analysis.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, Durax, I tried my best.

I still claim victory because I can.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    durax wrote: »
    t Embarkation:
    I killed you.

I knew when you pmed me all out of the blue it was no good!

M.D. on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gah, I was a Mimir cultist too, I thought I was a lot more special than I was.

Who killed me other than stew stick? Not very nice of you to double kill me on day 2.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah.

There's not much there but here are the barely used combined Vanir boards.

EDIT: You did great MRBB. I think I committed the most egregious error...

durax on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I was a dolphin

a crazy dolphin

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I was Thor. My role was not revealed on death.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, I'd like to ask who honestly didn't target me because they thought I was protected.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Reveal post-
    Aesir einherjar-
    Ardor
    cheez
    Unearthly Stew-jewelry holder
    Whod-3 day thrall
    iamtheaznman-3 day thrall
    qorzm
    Garick
    FreeAgent

Powers-

1 unrestricted kill
    1 kill, limited to second or third place vote getter
    Donated jewelry to Freya to receive seerings, guardianships, or vigilante kills

Vanir-
    Group 1-

MrBallBaggins-Od
    Durax

-Kills on even nights
    -Four elfshot darts. Nullified target's ability's for one night.

Group 2-

TehSpectre
    Shorn Scrotum Man

-Killed on even nights

Group 3

Grundlterror-Beowulf
    Rend-Wiglaf

-One kill every night, target must be addressed by either player
    -Beowulf gets one extra kill on Wiglaf's death, and is guarded from one attack.

All Vanir could donate jewelry after Freya's betrayal, and attempt to network after that point, with a 'vanir' seering every night.

If the Vanir had attacked one another before the betrayal, the attack would be blocked, and they would be informed of eachothers' identities.

After the Vanir united, they received one unrestricted kill every night, and one kill limited to a player who had no votes cast on them.

The Three-
    Typhus733-Loki
    Oatway-Byleist
    Zellpher-Helbindi

Loki could...
    -forge PMs to the thread or another player-Unused
    -Cast extra votes. Started with one, gained one a day to a maximum of five. Could not cast more votes than half of player population, and could not tie votes.-Unused
    -Hide the roles of all players that died on a night, up to two times-Unused
    -Hide the killers of every player on a night, up to twice-Unused
    -Take the powers of either brother when they died by giving up the rest of his abilities.

Zellpher-

Could kill once per night, but each kill revealed a rune, which was a letter from his name.

Oatway-

Was the seer. Using his chain, he only chose his first target. His target then chose the next one, by answering me, "Who are you most suspicious of?"

The three together had one unrestricted group kill, could hide the roles of any players they killed, and were not shown as the killers. They won by killing six einherjar, or being the last faction.

Village specials-
    Rebellious valkyries-

DevoutlyApathetic-Mist
    cj iwakura-Hrist

Could guard themselves. Could not guard the same player on consecutive nights, and could only guard the same player twice, total.

Crono729-Hlind

Seer. About the only 'standard' role in the game.

Rogue einherjar-
    Raakam
    Robothero

Vigilantes. Had to specify target one day in advance. Kills resolved even after their deaths.

Feathercoat holders-
    IreneDAdler
    Gumpy
    -Protected from one attack.

Tyrfing wielder-
    Stew_Stick
    -Vigilante suicide.

Jewelry-
    Valkun, Jdarksun, PsychoLarry1, Ham Torpey-Vigilante
    Corp.Shepard, Plutonium--guard
    Burnage, Mr.Embarkation-Seer
    VisibleHowl
    Pretty princess
    El Skid, Shamus
    guard

Holders of jewelry were protected from attack by the three and vigilante attacks, and had the skill activated. They died to the vote, but the skill still activated. Einherjar took the jewelry.

"Who do you fear most?"
    "Who do you trust most"
    "Who is the prjttiest prjyncess?"

Or something to the effect. The answer was guarded, killed, or seered.

Everyone else was split among the councils of Mimir and Hoenir. They asked one question a night, and were forbidden to discuss roles with others.

Cleaner version next page.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tricksters opperated solely on PM's so sorry you cannot see our thoughts, maniacle laughter, and "Gooooood"-ing. Also the runes were all related Zellpher's kill mechanic, there was an E, L, another E, a Z, I didn't even see what it was doing until he mentioned it.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So, Frosteey, what did that "Who do you fear most" thing do?

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    With Durax's role being confirmed I think every single person I suggested for Raakam to kill was an evil dude. It's a shame we didn't live to validate each other.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Tricksters opperated solely on PM's so sorry you cannot see our thoughts, maniacle laughter, and "Gooooood"-ing. Also the runes were all related Zellpher's kill mechanic, there was an E, L, another E, a Z, I didn't even see what it was doing until he mentioned it.

Man, now I can't satisfy my narcissistic side and see why you guys decided to off me on day 2.

Could you explain the runes and that kill mechanic more? I don't know why each letter was chosen...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I think he was spelling his own name.

And what made me suspicious?

durax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yea, every kill showed a letter of his name.

Also just an aside for anyone that didn't get why some people didn't have their role revealed on death; we could choose wether or not to show the alignment of those we killed in the narration.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    JeilanJeilan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I could ask questions too. One of them was if any of the baddies held items.

Jeilan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Damn there was a hell of a lot going on in this game and I had no clue about any of it.

Locus on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    durax wrote: »
    I think he was spelling his own name.

And what made me suspicious?

Hell if I know. I was just starting to get into my groove with figuring out people's alignments, making contact with a vigilante and I fuck up and guard myself a day too early. Stupid bad guys.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, and to whoever asked who elf darted them? That was me.

MrBallbaggins on