As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aquaria: It's better down where it's wetter

123457»

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am like, right there, right before the beginning of the end of the game, but I still have like 2 or three things I need to get but eh, I am just thinking of blasting thru the end just to finish the damn thing.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So, I just started playing this after buying it in the Introvision Humble Bundle last year. It has totally surprised me with it's quality and polish. The story I've completed so far (Energy Temple + Mithalas) has been very intruiguing and I love the way the plot is revealed + the world. I've been playing using a mouse, but I might explore changing some keybinds to let me using certain songs more easily. It's hard to believe that this is the work of 2 people (3 including the VA).

Also, I love the music. It really helps sell the story/game on a stylistic level.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    For the kind of game that it is, I was amazed by how grimdark the origin of the second boss of the game was. Mithala or something similar (been a while since I played it).
    He's a god that was bound in mortal flesh by his own priests, then force fed his own followers to the point where he went utterly insane? The fuck?

I was not expecting that at all. If I ever run another D&D campaign, I am absolutely adapting that idea.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Just wait until you see the rest of it Aegeri...

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I really have to keep playing this game but I've been a bit distracted by other things. Last thing I remember doing was shooting some bloody lizard thing jumping about on a statue (who was actually quite irritating to kill).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    The sole survivor in a beautiful world of ruins was definitely a smart narrative choice. It's interesting reading the early parts of this thread to see how the game changed during the course of development.

• Options
    I remain disappointed that a soundtrack was never made available. On the official forums someone posted a link to the ripped soundtrack that the creators approved of, but a proper OST was never made.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    I remain disappointed that a soundtrack was never made available. On the official forums someone posted a link to the ripped soundtrack that the creators approved of, but a proper OST was never made.

It was officially released as MP3 and FLAC in the second Indie Game Music Bundle a while back. (Unless you're talking about a release on physical media)

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    Bought. Thanks.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    The second I finished the game, I went and bought the soundtrack.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I played this for quite a bit a while ago. I think I got up to the kelp forest, and then to the veil. I think I might have even finished the sun temple.

After that, I just found it amazingly difficult. I could never get any health items, and I could never quite get the hang of the combat. I might dive back into it at some point, because it was pretty amazing, but damn, it was deceptively difficult.

Also didn't help so much that I was playing it on a little laptop.

• Options
    Okay, so I just finished this game and I got the ending you get when you recover all of Naija's memories. I have to say that the way it turned out caught me by surprise, and there's definitely a number of unanswered questions I'd love to see addressed. It's too bad that it doesn't look like there's going to be a sequel.

• Options
    Yeah by the way it ended it looked like the were setting up the world for even greater exploration, but this was really just a one-off for Derek Yu, who moved on to make Spelunky.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Yeah, just pretend the "secret" ending never happened. It's odd that it was obviously a setup for a sequel that they never intended to make.