As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aquaria: It's better down where it's wetter

Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
Aquarialogo.png
Download Links:
Demo here
Purchase and download full version here

So, there is this game by an independent company called Bit Blot. It is called Aquaria, and it looks gorgeous. It is an undersea side-scrolling Metroidvania-esque adventure that is going to be released on the PC and possibly other platforms in the future.
[EDIT: Ambrosia Software is handling the Mac port of the game. Glee!]
From wikipedia:
Aquaria is an upcoming 2D sidescrolling computer game by independent game company Bit Blot. It won the Seamus McNally grand prize from the Independent Games Festival in March 2007
So there isn't much there yet on Wikipedia. Very well, I will feed you information directly from Bit Blot.
Lonely, restless Naija has spent her entire life wrestling with questions about her identity. We join her as she takes her first steps away from the comfort of home and into new, potentially dangerous waters. Through exploration and magical combat, Naija will unearth the history of Aquaria and connect with beings lost in the depths of time. On the search to discover the fate of her people, her destiny and that of Aquaria's will be forever altered.
Did I mention it looks gorgeous?
screen03.jpg
Aquaria is an action-oriented, non-linear 2D side-scrolling game. Using an intuitive and fluid mouse control system, Naija can deftly swim through and explore a massive, handcrafted world that is teeming with undersea life. Along the way, she will encounter literally hundreds of different types of plants and animals and explore many ingame miles of hidden caves, lost ruins, and other strange places.

Screenshot 2As kids, we grew up playing the brilliant 2D action and roleplaying games of the time. With Aquaria, we've aimed to capture the excitement of those games in a new way, using updated technology, controls, and visuals. This is a game with a very personal touch, from the characters and story to the creature interaction and expansive environments.
Purdy!
screen08.jpg
In order to make the experience as engaging as possible, we created an interface that lets the player easily control Naija with just a two-button mouse. The HUD is minimal (restricted to only a minimap in the lower-right corner of the screen). In place of textual dialogue that most games rely on we used voice acting to drive the story without interrupting the gameplay.

Through a realtime interface, Naija can sing songs and cast spells without going to a menu screen. With practice, these spells can be cast easily to interact with the environment, solve puzzles, or combine them for strategic effect during combat. Certain spells will allow you to change form, creating new ways of playing the game depending on the form chosen.
Feast your eyes!
screen01.jpg

screen02.jpg

screen04.jpg

screen06.jpg

screen07.jpg
Some videos:
7 Minutes of Aquaria

Trailer

Oh yeah, and did I mention that it comes out in just seven days? That's right, on December 7th Bit Blot will release both a free downloadable demo and the full version for just $30.

I've been following this game for coming up on a year now, and have been checking back periodically every couple of weeks or so. All year there has been maybe one post a month, usually of little importance. So it's been a dry year. Then, this month, they announced a mailing list, some unrelated news, and then, finally, SEVEN DAYS OF AQUARIA!
I'm super excited that it's coming so soon, especially when just yesterday I had the impression that we wouldn't see the game until at least early 2008, despite the banner on the site that says, "Coming to PC in 2007". Way to prove me wrong, Bit Blot guys! God, you always do this!

tl;dr: Aquaria looks amazing and it's coming out soon and if you like Metroidvania or adventure games you should check it out.

Seven Days of Aquaria, Day One update!
I’ve always liked thinking about BIG creatures. Lurking out there, out of human sight… having survived for so long just because they are the biggest, the toughest, the smartest, the meanest! I think most people have a certain fascination with gargantuan animals, as they pepper the pop culture and mythologies of every civilization. It also happens to goes really well with that idea that is so prevalent in video games - the “boss!” Needless to say, in Aquaria there are some big critters lurking about - ancient monsters that are centuries old and dwarf Naija by many times. Real “sea monsters,” if you will.

Some of these you will inevitably have to fight on your quest. To learn the secret of Naija’s identity and to understand how Aquaria came to be the way it is, you’ll have to face some very old, sometimes very angry beings. But there are also a lot that you may not even see, hiding out in caves and old ruins, biding their time, and minding their own business. These creatures are often the mothers and fathers of their particular species, so you can imagine they’re pretty tough… it’s up to you if you want to take them on. But if you beat them, they will reward you in different ways. (Just how, exactly? Well, you’ll have to play the game to find that out!
nautilusprime-final-big.jpg
Nautilus Prime is one of the elder creatures we’ve shown off already, either in screenshots or in our trailers. She’s the mother of all the nautiluses in the ocean, and probably one of the oldest creatures in the sea. Her shell is harder than rock, and covered with scars from all the fights she’s been in (and won). She’s also very protective of her children!

For day one, I thought I’d reveal this painting I did of Nautilus Prime and Naija, which I hope evokes the sheer size of “NP.” Naija is pretty tough, having had to fend for herself for so long, but compared to creatures like this… let’s just say it will take a lot more than brute force to take them down.

If you’re interested in seeing the steps I took to complete this painting, I’ve posted them along with some notes in the forums. Sign up, if you haven’t already! Okay?

Seven Days of Aquaria, Day Two!
Welcome to Day Two of the Seven Days of Aquaria!

Yesterday we got to check out some of Derek’s art. Today we get to check out… some of mine. *Watches the monocles pop.*

Anyways, in addition to the code and co-design I also did the music for Aquaria! Most of you have heard some of the music on the trailers and previews and what not. Since the game has 53 music tracks (!) we thought it’d be cool to put together a little music demo reel.

SevenDaysMix has bits from 10 tracks, including the full title music. Enjoy!

Seven Days of Aquaria, Day Three!
jennachat.png
The Seven Days of Aquaria continue! Yesterday I put up a music sample mix and the day before Derek showed off some luscious concept art. This two-way interview was recorded yesterday, but was slated to be released today - which is good timing.

This is a conversation I had with Jenna over Skype about working on the game, going to the IGF - and all manor of strange and amusingly inane topics. The IGF finalists for this year were just announced, so its pretty good timing!

I love behind the scenes style commentary and ramblings and the like - if you do too, then hopefully you’ll get something out of this. :) Its about 58 minutes long having being edited a bit for flow. (and to protect the innocent… somewhat)

Alec & Jenna Two-Way Interview: Check it out!

Also mentioned in the above chat is Jenna’s Studio Diary. (btw her old website design was much nicer!)

( I think somehow at one point it sounds like I’m saying that Introversion was trying to suggest a dress code. That’s totally not what I meant! I was referring to the IGF ceremony organizers. But I did poke fun at IV for being better dressed than everyone else in IGF history.
Seven Days of Aquaria, Day Four Update!
So far we’ve heard some new art, seen some new music, and even got to chat with Naija herself about beavers, pigeons, game design, and my uncanny ability to sing like a woman! Today, we’re going to stay on that “behind-the-scenes” tip by giving you a bit of insight into the history of our development, as well as a our process. In other words, “what have we been up to these past two years?!” The real tale is much longer than any one blog post can contain, but I’ll try my best to capture the spirit of it all. This is going to be a fairly text-heavy Day, so I hope at least some of you enjoy reading. ;)

Alec and I met when I was working on I’m OK, the Jack Thompson-inspired satire, and he contributed some great sound and music for that game. During the downtime, we started talking about games and game-making, and eventually settled on collaborating on something. Of course, we had no idea at the time that it was going to lead us on this path. And it’s probably a good thing - had we known what was down the road, we probably would have dropped dead from anxious excitement before we even started!

I think Alec and I are both “just do it” types of guys, in that, when we want to make something, we just start making it, and don’t do a lot of hand-wringing beforehand. This is a nice strength, and key to have in a partner, I believe… but only for the right kinds of people. It also influenced greatly our style of development. We have personally written surprisingly few design documents in these past two years, preferring to just implement things first, then question it, toss it out, and try again. It’s from this process that the idea of “evolving a game” as opposed to “creating a game” springs - bad ideas are simply weeded out from natural selection.

Aquaria really began a few years before I met Alec, as a simple prototype, in which a mermaid (at this point a real “mermaid mermaid,” complete with fish tail and clamshells) swam around a little room underwater. It’s funny, while other portions of the engine have been built from the ground up or rewritten, the movement code has changed relatively little from that first prototype. I wish either Alec or I had that version of the game on us right now, but sadly, we don’t! I’ll get Alec to post a screenshot from it on the forums (or perhaps the actual binary) once he can get a hold of it.

Side note: you might find this funny, but we were working on a game briefly before Aquaria that we felt was too big… Aquaria was supposed to be a “smaller, manageable project.” I don’t want to go into too much detail about the first project, but you can see some of the graphics from it here, on my personal site. It was a procedural role-playing game, of sorts.

The movement in Aquaria is, I feel, one of its most unique aspects, and what ultimately got me on board with this idea. (Although I’ve always had kind of a crush on the ocean, too. As I mentioned embarrassingly in my IGF speech, I used to spend hours drawing fish with large teeth as a kid.) Once that was decided, we got to work, passing ideas back and forth and, well, trying things out with art and code as we went along. (Like I said, neither of us likes to waste a lot of time on over-planning!)

null

At this point in time, we didn’t have the nifty character animation system we have now. Nor was there a level editor. But, looking back at some of these old screens, the game doesn’t look too much different, fundamentally, than it does now. But it was still a long road to get from there to here!

Since we were coming off of RPGs, we still had RPGs on the mind for the first part of our development. And as we’re both big fans of the Final Fantasy series, it was easy to use that as a common jumping off point for ideas. As a result, early storylines for the game were rife with (now that I think about it), fairly cliché fantasy RPG ideas: towns and castles bustling with people, kings giving quests, and things of that sort. It was definitely a big turning point for us when we realized that we were going in the wrong direction with that. I can remember very clearly that moment… a phone conversation where we agreed that what was important to the game was being lost in the noise. Our fascination with Naija as a character, and the idea of her exploring this vast undersea world, kept growing, but was being drowned out (if you’ll pardon the pun) by the text-based dialogue, quests, and large number of nebishes in the game. So we decided to cut away the chaff, so to speak. We tossed it out and took a step back.

Two important decisions were made toward the middle of development (the summer before our IGF submission) that made a huge impact on where we went next. One was the decision to go with voice acting instead of text-based dialogue. As you know, we love Jenna, and she is absolutely perfect for the role. But to assume that one will find someone like that is… well, to put it bluntly, I don’t know what Alec was smoking when he thought we could do it, but I’m glad he gave me a hit. At the time I was playing a bit of Dungeon Siege 2 on the side, and that game has some of the worst voice acting I’ve ever heard. The idea that, lacking the credentials and resources of a commercial game company, we could do better, seemed like a longshot, for sure. But why not! This development has been built on well-meaning but palpably naive notions like that one. It has paid off in spades - Jenna’s voice easily makes the game many times better than it could have been without her.

The other decision was to move from a keyboard/mouse control scheme to a mouse-only scheme (mind you, keyboard/mouse is still available for those who want it). This idea came from my Dad, of all people! I don’t know what to say, except that one day while Alec and I were staying at my parents’ house working on the game, my Dad walked in and told us we should make the game playable with just the mouse, because it was easier. (He is an avid Diablo player, so that may have had something to do with it.)

It may not seem all that important, but moving to a mouse-only control scheme colored every design decision we made from then on. Every time we wanted to implement a new system into the game (such as Naija’s singing interface), it had to work with just the mouse. When we could easily have just added a new key to the keyboard to do something, we had to somehow make it work with two buttons. It was frustrating and difficult, but the end result is that there is no waste… we had wanted to make the game streamlined, and this, in some sense, was forcing us to do just that.

It’s amazing, but both these decisions were made more or less right before the deadline for IGF. That’s been kind of characteristic of this development… ultimately, we haven’t let time ever be a factor in our decision-making, only what has been good for the game. This has, ultimately, saved us time, I believe, much in the same way getting back on the freeway after you’ve make a wrong exit can save you time when you’re driving somewhere.

From IGF on, we’ve stuck closely to that idea that the game is fundamentally about two things: Naija, and Aquaria. Naija, who is a real character, with real feelings, dealing with her loneliness and trying to find herself… and Aquaria, this massive world which Naija must explore to understand where she came from. How does her story fit into the story of Aquaria?

That isn’t to say that there weren’t still a lot of tough hurdles from then on out, but the foundation, at least, was set!

One thing that’s interesting is that the game’s story and main themes echo, in a lot of ways, our development of the game, and how we feel as creators. To explain how would spoil things, but suffice to say, you may see a lot of conscious and unconscious parallels. Alec and I both strongly believe that the best games are the ones that say something about their developers’ on a personal level. And the development of this game has had such a strong impact on both of us that it was inevitable that there’d be some indirectly meta references in there.

We’ve come a long way! Thanks for reading. (Wow, an hour-long interview and now this tome to read. You guys are patient.

Seven Days of Aquaria, Day Five
Today’s “Day” comes to you courtesy of Special Guest Blogger and Aquaria Uber-Tester: Daniel-D. “Guert” Guertin. Guert is well known on the TIGForums for his “Grinds” - extremely detailed and thorough reviews of games submitted to the feedback forum.

But before I pass him the mic, I’d like to take this time to thank our lead testers. They are an amazing creative and dedicated bunch, who worked above and beyond the call of duty and made improving the game a lot of fun for us!

Thank you Brandon McCartin, Steve Swink, Graham Goring and of course Guert!

“Dear readers of this blog,

Today, I would like to take a few minutes of your time to talk a bit about Bit Blot’s Aquaria. I could take advantage of this tribune to promote the game, throwing buzz words and numbers at you shamelessly, fancy talkin’ about the graphics or the cool factor of the game… but I won’t. I’m not going to urge you to play the game or even pressure you to buy it. During the next few lines, I will not fall in this cliché of individuals who worked at some level on a game and then address themselves to the public using words like ‘awesome’, ‘cool’ or ‘best game ever’. No. Instead, I will ask you a little favor…

If you ever pick up the game, in full or demo version, I would like you to slow down and take a little time out before starting to play. I want you to close your eyes for a few seconds, take a deep breath and then plunge into the game. Take the time to taste Aquaria. Many subtle flavors shape this title and, as a player, if you truly want to do this game justice, you must take the time to savor every little bite. Forget about completion ratio, hours of gameplay, bonuses, performances… Those generic spices thrown in every cheap tv dinner game you find on all shelves of your game supermarkets have nothing to do with what you’re about to be offered. In Aquaria, you’ll find other seasonings that most games have now lost. Passion. Dedication. Talent. This game is made of emotions so make sure you don’t miss them while playing. Don’t clog your mind with superficial thoughts like ‘How fast can I beat this game?’ or ‘How can I get everything as fast as possible?’ Let your mind get carried away to a gorgeous underwater world. Let your curiosity lead you in your explorations. Let yourself go. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

So that’s it. I have nothing else I would like to say about Aquaria at this moment. In a few days, you will be able to finally try it out and see what Bit Blot has concocted for you during the last two years. I truly hope that you will take the time to appreciate it to its fullest.

PS: I don’t know if Alec will release a soundtrack or not, but if he doesn’t, let me assure you that I’ll harass him until he changes idea… As long as I get the first copy!

Cheers!
-Guert”

Seven Days of Aquaria, Day Six!
Final Teaser Video!
A big “thank you” to all you folks who stuck with us through this week and an even bigger “thank you” to those who have been around since the beginning! This has been a crazy journey, and a huge chunk of our lives. I can’t accurately describe how I feel right now. Maybe excited, scared, proud, sad and happy all at the same time.

And also really, really tired. ;)

Tomorrow’s going to be a big day for us. Wish us luck! :)

We’ll aim to get the game out by the evening in PST tomorrow.
IT'S OUT, BOOTCHES!

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on

• Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I played the game quite a lot earlier this year and late last year as an IGF judge. It's really quite interesting. One of the most relaxing games in the competition.

etoychest on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hey so this looks pretty slick. will definitely be giving the demo a try.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Isn't the artist for this game one of the guys who helped make the Jack Thompson game?

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh man, I love these type of games. I was playing Knytt Stories a little while back, and thought it was great. And this looks similar, but fantastically good looking. I'll support it in any form it comes in (come oooooon, XBLA/PSN/WiiWare).

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So, I figure that I'll be updating the OP as appropriate for the 7 Days to Aquaria thing the Bit-Blot guys are doing. According to the post on the front page, they'll be posting new info, art, music, etc. every day until release.

Also:
    This week would be an awesome time to come hang out on the forums and/or the bitblot IRC channel. (I’ll be on there when I’m working) Drop in and say hi, chat about expectations and [url="http://www.bit-blot.com/forum/index.php?topic=148.msg2669#msg2669]mod ideas…[/url] let’s have a good time and launch this game in style.

So the developers are fully supporting modding the game, which is pretty neat, to me. Some of the ideas tossed around on the thread linked range from simple graphical mods (the protagonist, Naija, in a yellow sundress), to new levels (someone proposed an arctic sea-type level). Anyway, I haven't been looking forward to a game this much in a long time, this could easily make my year in gaming (might be jumping the gun, considering it's not even out yet, but I don't expect I'll be disappointed).

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm keeping my eye on this if only for the level-making tools they showed off in one of the vids some time ago; seemed very easy to assemble entire new worlds.

Seems like an eternity since it was announced, it's good to know it's finally approaching release :D

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This is pretty neat. It was just done by two guys, a programmer and an artist, in C++/OpenGL. That would mean that in order for it to appear on XBL, it would need to be redone in DirectX (not an impossibility in the slightest). Here's an interesting interview: GameDev interview

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Seeing shades of Ecco here. Very nice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This is pretty neat. It was just done by two guys, a programmer and an artist, in C++/OpenGL. That would mean that in order for it to appear on XBL, it would need to be redone in DirectX (not an impossibility in the slightest). Here's an interesting interview: GameDev interview

That's a really interesting interview. I was lurking on their forums a while back and there was talk of porting the game to XBL and/or the wii and/or DS. The mouse controls would be a perfect fit for Nintendo's current systems, from the sound of it, and it's just the kind of game that seems like it would find an audience on XBL or WiiWare.
    Here's hoping, eh?

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Very good looking game.
    it's just the kind of game that seems like it would find an audience on XBL or WiiWare.

I'm pretty sure PS3 owners are capable of enjoying fun games as well.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Come on, XBL. I need more Metroidvania-type games.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    After the amount of awards this won, I've been keeping an eye on it for most of the past year, along with Braid.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Very good looking game.
    it's just the kind of game that seems like it would find an audience on XBL or WiiWare.

Ah, yeah, sorry. I always forget about that Sony has the Playstation Network now, that wasn't intentional :oops:

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    FawfulFawful __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

I think that's just a myth.

Fawful on
    hytd.jpg
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fawful wrote: »

I think that's just a myth.

PS3 Owners or the fun games?

I'm definitely super excited by this game. Although Grim Grimoire and Odin Sphere have obviously done a tremendous job of showing of what a 2d game can do, there's nothing like super hi-def graphics to really show off 2d games.

I kinda like the voice acting, she sounds familiar though. Anyone any ideas?

Rook on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Updated the OP for day one of Seven Days of Aquaaaaria (Bolded for dramatic effect!)

The art is really quite fantastic, I love when games have such strong art direction and it survives the transition into the actual game.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Out of interest, do we know what distribution service this is using for the digital download?

Rook on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    Out of interest, do we know what distribution service this is using for the digital download?

I don't think they've said yet. I might try and find it on their forums tonight if I get the chance.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've been looking forward to this ever since the first videos were released, and all the info I've read since then has only increased my interest. It's supposedly very long and varied.

So I'm glad it's being released so soon. Last I heard they were shooting for Q1. It would be awesome if it was on Steam or something, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    rattusrattus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mac users should know that Ambrosia Software are handling the Mac distribution of Aquaria, I know I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/news/upcoming/

rattus on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This game seriously looks amazing and I'm glad it's been brought to my attention. I watched the gameplay videos and trailers, and it really seems very interesting, I know a few friends who may appreciate it that I'll point it out to.

I don't see how I won't be buying it immediately.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Looks interesting. I'm worried about the controls (the spell controls seem clunky) but I'm looking forward to trying out the demo to see if it works.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sorry I'm behind on updating the OP, I'll have some more time tonight after work. But this way, there will be two new updates! Day two was a music sample, who knows what today will hold!

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good God, this looks fantastic. I hope it comes to a console, my pc is strictly not for gaming!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    rattus wrote: »
    Mac users should know that Ambrosia Software are handling the Mac distribution of Aquaria, I know I'm looking forward to it.

I COULD KISS YOU!

fuck yes

Lave II on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've been keeping an eye out for this game, though I had pretty much forgotten about Aquaria, as the original release date was supposed to be in the spring. After that, I got distracted and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alright ladies and germs, OP updated to include Day 2 and 3 of Seven Days, and the information about the Mac port from Ambrosia.

Keep discussin'! My anticipation grows more palpable with every passing day.

Is anyone else getting shades of Demon Crest from the main character? I don't really even know why, it's not like the styles are really very similar, but I can't help but think of the SNES Demon's Crest game sometimes when I look at her.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    $30 seems pretty steep..

How many hours of gameplay is in the game?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    6-7 hours if you know what you're doing. Maybe 15 hours if you're new to the game (it's a sort of adventure game afterall so a lot of the extra content would be exploring and puzzle solving I assume).

Rook on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Also you have to figure that the developers are totally independent, and probably have a lot riding on this. If it's half as good as I am hoping it will be, I'm more than happy to do my part in supporting them developing more games in the future.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Lave II wrote: »

I COULD KISS YOU!

fuck yes

This could be the first Ambrosia release I've actually found fun since Uplink.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for the lack of an OP update, I've been super busy! Anyway, tomorrow the game comes out. Thankfully later rather than earlier, as I will be working until later in the afternoon and helping a friend with some stuff until the evening.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Lave II wrote: »

I COULD KISS YOU!

fuck yes

This could be the first Ambrosia release I've actually found fun since Uplink.

As a question, how much longer after the near, nay extremely close release will the mac version be done, if it isn't already done.

January maybe?

Depends.

I don't think I want to work much over the holidays tho. (altho the mac version is already pretty far along)

From the forums faq section.

Rook on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Final trailer's up.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow, they are doing a great job with the music in those videos. That last one is my favorite yet.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, man, I can't wait. I still don't know whether I can afford to spend $30 right now, though :(

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have a strange compulsion to photoshop a Big Daddy into one of those screens, I don't know why. It looks fantastic, though. It doesn't seem like it'll be too combat based, which I like.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's basically Ecco mixed with Metroid or somesuch, with huge worlds and fantastic graphics. I think my expectations may be TOO high at this point, but everything I've heard/seen is incredible.

Cherrn on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'd like to see this on Steam.

Samphis on
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I keep refreshing their front page, but the game still isn't available for me to sell my soul for :cry: Was the same way this spring when it originally was supposed to be released, but this time it looks like it's really happening... Oh well, no sleep this weekend!

Dírhael on