Options

[OOC] SW:SE New Jedi Order - Groups 1 & 2

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm going out for the night, so I'll give feedback on characters sometime tomorrow. Also, yes on the 25 point buy system.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Justice, why does/did he hate Thrawn so much?

Because Zilvad despises the Empire and views Thrawn as an eager cog in that machine.

Thrawn violated the traditional Chiss ethos by planning an unprovoked strike against the New Republic. Zilvad hates the evil, corrupt nature of the Empire whose very creation was based on betrayal and genocide. He never recognized the legitimacy of the government as it was founded on unwarranted bloodshed.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have obtained the book, and will be looking to roll up a Jedi Sentinel sometime today.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've been looking through the book and rolled up a character. I know you said you weren't so interested in stats at this point, but here they are anyway.
    Human Jedi 1

Str 12 (+1)
    Dex 11 (+0)
    Con 12 (+1)
    Int 12 (+1)
    Wis 14 (+2)
    Cha 12 (+1)

BAB: +1
    HP: 31 hp
    Force Points: 5
    Fort +2, Reflex +1, Will +3

Feats
    Force Sensitivity
    Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers)
    Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)
    Force Training (Select 3 Force Powers)
    Skill Focus (Use the Force)

Talents
    Lightsaber Combat: Deflect

Trained Skills
    Use the Force
    Perception
    Acrobatics
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore)

Force Powers
    Force Disarm
    Force Grip
    Move Object

As for the character's story/personality, how far are we into the invasion (what major events have transpired so far?) I'd like to take those sort of things into consideration when making up his backstory.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Justice, what drove him away from the Chiss and into a life as a mercenary?

DVG, I'll determine that once I see who/what I have character-wise and how it can be best fit in. My early inclinations are to have it somewhere around the fall of Coruscant, but don't take that as gospel. For now, figure out something character-wise.

Krata, looks pretty good so far.

We still need someone to have their bio tied into Krullsks's history.

If possible, I'd like to get the ball rolling on this sometime this week. We'll say that characters (both bio/personality and stats) are due by Wednesday night. I'm mostly off work until January, so I'd like to get this party started.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    OK. So I've fleshed out a background and drawn up a final character sheet for Krullssk. I left his lifedebt out of the background which leaves more options open RP wise (either the story of the lifedebt is fleshed out IC or we find some other way to attach him to the group.)

You will notice that I changed his 3rd language from Huttese to Rodese (explained in background). You will also notice that I edited the range statistics for the ACP scatter gun as follows:
    <ACP Array Gun Range Info>
    Point Blank : 0-20sq : +2
    Short : 21-40 : No Penalty
    Medium : 41-60 : -10
    Long : 61-80 : Ineffective

This is so that it behaves more like a shotgun, which it is modeled after. This is just off the top of my head - I tried not to make it too "uber" but if you have any problems with it spacepope, I'd be more than willing to change it.

Another note for you spacepope: I gave him an NPC friend named Lunto. Lunto clearly won't be part of the adventure group but whether you want to include him as an NPC in this campaign or leave him as strictly background flavor for Krullssk is up to you.

For anyone interested who does not want to wade through the character sheet, Krullssk's background is as follows:
    Krullssk is the son of a moderately successful hunter on Trandosha. The second of his egg-litter to hatch, he immediatly devoured his unborn siblings. During his childhood stage Krullssk and his older brother, Iss, constantly competed for their fathers affection and attention. Despite the fact that Iss was the older and therefore dominant sibling, Krullssk was larger, stronger, and shaping up to be the better huntsman.

When Krullssk turned 12 standard years old he went on his first hunt on Kashyyyk with their father, Lokt, and Iss, who was captured and held hostage by the Wookiee Chawmevuuk. Krullssk was sent alone to "prove himself, and remedy the situation" armed with nothing but his fathers sword. He found and defeated Chawmevuuk in battle only to find Iss maimed and badly beaten. Krullssk ended Iss' life by pulling out and eating his vital organs while Iss was live and struggling. Krullssk returned to Lokt and was reprimanded for his actions. To this Krullsk replied: "You may punish me, but I know that your anger is strictly due to biological ties. I also know that the Scorekeeper has witnessed this act, and she has bestowed upon me many jagganath points for ending a life that was in her eyes worthless." Lokt immediatly turned over his sword to Krullssk and accepted him as the rightful firstborn of his egg-litter, and helped his son to harvest the pelt of the fallen Wookiee Chawmevuuk.

By 14 Krullssk had been on countless hunts with his father as well as several solo hunts, although he did not manage to slay any more Wookiees. After returning from one such hunt he was trading pelts and other goods in Forak when he made the aquantance of Lunto, a Rodian "errand boy" for the Hutts. As a Rodian Lunto respected Krullssk's huntsmanship, and as an aspiring criminal he saw value in an assistant and apprentace. Lunto convinced Krullssk to become the first mate of his ship, the Roolek's Atiang (the Roolek's Prize) and help him on missions. In exchange Krullssk recieved tutillage in Rodese and the use of explosives (a particular specialty of Lunto's), as well as contacts within the Hutt underworld and, of course, a cut of any profits. It was in this way that Krullssk began his life among the stars.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A gun that has +2 to hit at anything within forty meters?

What kind of crazy ass shotgun is that?

Edit: I'm too lazy to pick through the thread. Do you guys have a 'force magician' style character yet, like someone who emphasizes force use over combat?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=35261

Charn's sheet. If anything looks off, let me know.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    fuck, i dont know. what would be better? I just used the ranges from the book.

How about:
    <ACP Array Gun Range Info>
    Point Blank : 0-5sq : +2
    Short : 6-10 : No Penalty
    Medium : 11-15 : -10
    Long : >15 : Ineffective

I guess I didn't realise how big those distances were.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=35262

I present Chitha, Rattataki (near-human) Jedi. She has a background that involves a fair bit of violence, but was 'saved' from her life and redeemed by the Jedi; unfortunately, she still resorts to the Dark Side at times, finding it a more comfortable and natural source of strength.

That's the gist of Chitha's background; I'll flesh it out more eventually, although at the moment I want to leave it open in case there's room to tie other PCs into it.

p.s.: nefffffffffffffffffffffffff, you've got about 17 more points spent on stats than we're using.

Edit: Honestly, I'd just use Carbine stats or something, although the 'revised' array looks more reasonable (like a real shotgun, it really does lose it's bang after a pretty short range). On the other hand, a gun with an inherent +2 to hit might be a little overpowered regardless, since that's twice the to-hit bonus of Point Blank Shot.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    are we not just rolling the stats? Like I said I'm pretty new to this so i just followed the steps in the book.
    also, I'm at my parents house right now so I don't have my copy of the book, but I can change the gun's range stats to the carbine ones if you tell me what they are.

Also tell me how we are doing the stats and I can get on those tonight. Is there anything else wrong?

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    http://home.san.rr.com/thegraggs/dnd/Misc/pbcalc.htm

Spend 25 points on stats, and then modify them with your racial abilities (after you've spent the 25 points.)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    http://invisiblecastle.com/statgen.py?a=buy

This is convenient for assigning points without having to do all the math. Just tell it you need to spend 25 points.

You apply racial modifiers AFTER you finish assigning all 25 points, so keep that in mind.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'll have my sheet up tonight...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Chitha needs someone to save her from a life of crime

Am I gonna have to relegate that to an NPC

(assuming she gets OK'd)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ok, I've bought stats for Krullssk instead of just rolling them, and I'm just going to treat his gun like a carbine.

Unless there are any other issues this is the final build of this character.

I really hope we can get this under way soon. I'm so excited to play I'm about to shit my pants.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I strongly advise AGAINST any soiling of pants. I'll be looking over the thread this weekend and sending some of you PMs in order to flesh out/understand your characters better. If you haven't submitted a character yet and want to play, I strongly advise that you do so before Sunday night.

I'm looking to put up the first post for the IC thread sometime between the 24th and 26th.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I thought we were playing over IRC?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, no. This will definitely be by PbP.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Work has been crazy this week. I'll be posting my character concept sometime tomorrow.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    just let me know when you need char info and what u need pope, ready when you are.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Are you guys full? :D

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I dont believe we are, but it's possible that I'm wrong because I'm not the GM.

also, is everyone done with their holiday stuff yet? I want to get rolling.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Character slots are still open. I apologize for taking so long, but the X-mas merge limited my access to the thread. Private messages should go out tomorrow night about character bits and pieces.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was thinking of making a male Kel Dor jedi named Aur Tolun.

Aur is an ancestor of a Baran Do sage, and showing strength in the force, was selected to train as a jedi. He is compassionate and peaceful and is more discerning about justice than most Kel Dor. Aur has joined the war against the Yuuzhan Vong as a healer and seer and only fights as a last resort. He stands at 1.9 meters with a slender build, has black eyes and reddish skin.

I'm not sure about what levels and stuff we're playing at, but if this character sounds interesting drop me a line. 8-)

EDIT: *cough*

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    How can a height be slender though D:

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    All you aliens are so tall.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm over 1.9 meters in real life. It's not that big.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's over six feet. *L* Actually, 1.9 meters comes out to 6'2" or so. *L* But I'm just bitter because I stopped growing at 5' 11 3/4".

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah, i'm 5'11'' pretty much on the nose... which is almost exactly average for american males. I'm glad about it too. I'd hate to be freakishly tall or short.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So can I get in on the action? If so, are we going for option 1 or option 2? (FYI Option 1 rocks)

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I just realized that our characters would work together pretty well Salt. Also, when is this getting started?

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I imagine Chitha, as a brash character who probably resorts to violent ends more quickly than most Jedi, would probably fit in pretty well with a peaceful character -- and it'd make sense for that sort of character to be the sort who'd go for redemption over destruction.

So obviously Aur Tolan has to be Chitha's buddy.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm really amped about my character.

blowin shit up and being kind of a dick for no real reason at all. Krullssk and the Jedis(jedi? what is the plural of that?) should get along swimmingly.

which reminds me, I still need someone to be my life debtor. We dont really need a story for it, that can be worked out through narration IC.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I dunno, "I'm your slave" really isn't a fun party position.

Also be careful when you go being a dick for no real reason, Jedis might not really put up with that. :o

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm really amped about my character.

blowin shit up and being kind of a dick for no real reason at all. Krullssk and the Jedis(jedi? what is the plural of that?) should get along swimmingly.

which reminds me, I still need someone to be my life debtor. We dont really need a story for it, that can be worked out through narration IC.

I think my character might be a good choice here, but that really depends. He's a warrior (as much as any Jedi should be anyway), so he might well have won the respect of your guy. As for life debt, we can work the details of that out privately, but I think my guy might be just the one to keep yours from getting too out of hand whilst simultaneously teaching him the "virtues" of the Jedi code (whether he actually becomes one or not).

Of course, be warned that as INNS said, we might well not put up with an excessive amount of dickery. You could very well find yourself left on a planet on the Rim somewhere to find your own way in the galaxy while we fly off and keep going on our adventures if your guys gets too far out of hand. Jedi tend to prefer not being associated with excessively violent bad guys, after all.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I dunno, "I'm your slave" really isn't a fun party position.

Wouldn't a Jedi be pretty lenient when it comes to ordering him around? Also, it would be a good way to keep him from being a dick.
    Also be careful when you go being a dick for no real reason, Jedis might not really put up with that. :o

Don't toy with me, I know all about how passive-agressive and righteous you Jedis can be. ;-)

EDIT:
    Jedi tend to prefer not being associated with excessively violent bad guys, after all.

I guess that is true. Don't worry, Krullssk knows the situation he is in and won't do anything too foolish.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Aur puts up with all types. He can play different strokes on his acoustic space-guitar.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    In that case, Neff, my dear Jedi would be more than happy to take you on. If you convinced him of your sincere desire to be a productive member of galactic society (or at the very least, the sincere desire to be pointed in the right direction before blasting something...), he'd probably vouch for you and such.

Edit: Of course this means that your reputation reflects on him. No abusin' da' trus' mang, or I bussa cap, or some such nonsense.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh yeah, for sure. Krullssk is capable of self control, as long as there are no wookiees involved (consider it a character flaw). Respect and trust and honor among wariors are everything. Krullssk is all about earning jagganath points, not just wanton destruction. Just because he is a bit self centered and enjoys a large (or well-placed) explosion does not mean he is like some psychopathic gammorean or something. Or a stupid wookiee.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png