As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Friar's Club Roast of Podly aka Poldy aka Polmpous Ass

The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hopRegistered User regular
edited December 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
aka The Brooklyn Boor aka the Boston Bullshittionaire aka the New York Neophyte aka the One-Man Hipster Harem.

Let our young Master Podly -- ardent follower of all things Joyce, yet somehow non-contradictingly rejector of everything not aged 22 or under -- know exactly how we feel about him.

Thread will conclude Monday-ish, I suppose.

Whoever has the photos, post them. Quick.

Gimmy, I know you have some good ones.

The Green Eyed Monster on

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bring on old sugar-tits Poldy.

Haven't seen him in a while.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Poldy thinks he understands football just because he would give Belichick a lap dance.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly wears ugly ties.
    That is all I have, really.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    ViolentChemistry dresses better than Poldy.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Poldy helped me with philosophy.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I suppose we might as well get the most painful thing I can think of out of the way, and it is this:

In the summer before young Poldy and the departed Kusu's arrival as freshman at college, Dyna once told me that he was certain Kusu would get laid first.

I mean -- ouch.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    That's more a knock on me and my incredibly inaccurate prediction. I mean shit, have you read Kusu's girl thread in SE++?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    That's more a knock on me and my incredibly inaccurate prediction. I mean shit, have you read Kusu's girl thread in SE++?
    This is Poldy's thread, Dyna -- focus! Focus!

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    I suppose we might as well get the most painful thing I can think of out of the way, and it is this:

In the summer before young Poldy and the departed Kusu's arrival as freshman at college, Dyna once told me that he was certain Kusu would get laid first.

I mean -- ouch.

.....fuck

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That is harsh.

VishNub on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly has bad taste in music.

He thinks Karajan could do a decent Bach.

(I got nothing)

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly's the Dennis Miller of this forum. He'll drop academic references in unfunny jokes that indicate a merely nominal knowledge base, but people still laugh because it makes them look smart when they do.

Thusly we feed pretension machine.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Many people changed their names on PA. Some of them wanted something better, some just changed them for fun...

Poldy is the only person I know who changed his name because people consistently misspelled it as Podly. He's the only person I know who officially changed his name because a typo was more popular than him.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't even notice.

Hoz on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly once claimed that intelligent people can't dislike shakespeare

It was sort of hard to hear because he was gurgling the old bard's testicles in mouth with a vigor and passion and surprised even me.

Thusly I have difficulty listening to anything he says without being vaguely irritated.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Real Catholics don't mail order Russian girlfriends, fatso

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Two words

SWEATER VEST

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I have never once owned a sweater vest.

Now cardigans, there's they'll be my downfall.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    He neither knows art, nor does he seemingly know what he likes. At least, not until he overhears if it has been declared a great work or ironic by 'authorities' on the subject while they're fucking his face. Then he knows anything and everything about what people should know if they want to be hip, or with it, or whatever the hell label should be applied. Well, until a new reference gets ejaculated into his ear, that is. Take out the tuesday rape sessions with Morry and he'd be a washed up drunk. You know, rather than the somewhat active drunk that he is now.

moniker on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    To Podly's credit, I don't think any other forumer has managed to have his name become an unflattering adjective.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    I have never once owned a sweater vest.

Now cardigans, there's they'll be my downfall.

Shut up you don't get to respond!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly is the Grand Wizard of the Hipster Power movement.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Poldy's head is so far up his ass he's managed to become a non-orientable manifold.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Podly is the Grand Wizard of the Hipster Power movement.
    His grandma is his secretary, of course.

Hoz on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Poldy's head is so far up his ass he's managed to become a non-orientable manifold.

He is his own head crab.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And if ever there was compelling argument against school uniforms, I think it is ex-private schoolboy Podly's present wardrobe. I mean, I understand we all have to rebel some when we finally get a little taste of freedom, but in this case I'd say it's plain to see -- this boy was deeply, deeply scarred. He's not just rebelling against fashion, he's trying to behead all its kings.

Either that or it's a daring survival tactic for being the white kid in Brooklyn -- if you can't blend into the environment around you, make sure to announce that you're just too fucking crazy to mess with.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Also, for a guy who claims to be interested in a marriage between word and idea, text and intent, I'll never understand the James Joyce obsession. If anybody else knows what that dead Irish guy is on about, kudos to you -- now you and Poldy can sit in a coffee shop and fake like you "got it," desperately hoping the cute girl with glasses who is texting her gainfully-employed and actually fit boyfriend notices you, together.

But then again -- considering his concomitant love of David Foster Wallace -- maybe the boy just has a thing for footnotes? Neither author makes sense either way. The deviancy of growing up in a bookstore owning family I suppose -- some of us are into girls in church dresses, some of us are into girls who cook, Poldy is just into footnotes.

We can't all be winners, I suppose.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Whoever has the photos, post them. Quick.

This is all I have, I've lost any of the good ones D:

memoirsofapodlycd2.jpg

James on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Poldy wrote:
    Nah, I've been in two barfights already. Kicked one guys ass, and kinda lost the other one, but that's only because he got in a better fight before it was broken up.

Pretty big guys too. I can take a punch. I can't knock anyone out, because I'm pretty fucking weak, but I know how to hold my own. My dad grew up in southie when it was baaaaaad. I've known how to fight for a while now.

n10912896_31553079_1950.jpg

Guys, you better watch it, dude knows his shit. He will fuck you up with his bar fighting skills.

Leitner on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Now that's fabulous.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't get it. Why did Leitner post a picture of those two chicks?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »

Their dad totally grew up in a tough part of Boston.

Making them genetically tough. Or implying that their dad spent weekends teaching them how to be really tough in a bar fight.

But more likely implying that their dad fled Boston when the brown people started moving into the poor neighborhoods.

Shinto on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy shit that's Podly?

Aren't there rules about ridiculing people who might kill themselves?

Quid on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The one on the right is kind of :winky:

Elendil on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shinto wrote: »

Their dad totally grew up in a tough part of Boston.

Making them genetically tough. Or implying that their dad spent weekends teaching them how to be really tough in a bar fight.

But more likely implying that their dad fled Boston when the brown people started moving into the poor neighborhoods.

Or he's saying that his dad used to beat him with a bar stool between beers. It would explain his haircut, constantly trying to hide his shame of black eyes after not learning how to get the remote fast enough.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    Aren't there rules about ridiculing people who might kill themselves?
    If ridicule has any effect on his will to kill himself then I'm not sure how he got to the end of his childhood.

Hoz on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Podly Kant do good philosophy.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Podly Kant do good philosophy.
    boo

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow. Poldy reminds me of the guy from pixyland.org
    peter_stand_large.jpg

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    Poldy wrote:
    Nah, I've been in two barfights already. Kicked one guys ass, and kinda lost the other one, but that's only because he got in a better fight before it was broken up.

Pretty big guys too. I can take a punch. I can't knock anyone out, because I'm pretty fucking weak, but I know how to hold my own. My dad grew up in southie when it was baaaaaad. I've known how to fight for a while now.

n10912896_31553079_1950.jpg

Guys, you better watch it, dude knows his shit. He will fuck you up with his bar fighting skills.

That vest makes me want to stab myself in the eye.

One Thousand Cables on