As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2 on PC: What sick men send babies to fight me?

• Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Can you scrim at night you shits?
    When/where is night? It's 3:10pm here and i'm on the east coast of the plain of dead turkeys/indians.

Plus, Civi tends to do them up at night anyway. Message him tonight, I'm sure he'll be down around 8ish.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Why are the servers so dead a this time o' night? :(

I'm at home currently, pick a server and we can attempt to get it rolling

deveric on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can you scrim at night you shits?
    When/where is night? It's 3:10pm here and i'm on the east coast of the plain of dead turkeys/indians.

Plus, Civi tends to do them up at night anyway. Message him tonight, I'm sure he'll be down around 8ish.

3:10 PM EST is afternoon.

8 Would be coo.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    deveric wrote: »

honk honk

Tav on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    deveric wrote: »

honk honk

indeed, I'm going to run and get the mail and I hope to see you on one of them!

deveric on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    3:10 PM EST is afternoon.

8 Would be coo.
    Nah zen homeboy, when i said when/where, i meant your location in the world and what pertains to "night".

By the way, where ARE you from?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    eastern time zone. I narrowed it down for you in case he doesn't want you to know.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    eastern time zone. I narrowed it down for you in case he doesn't want you to know.
    yeeeaa I don't think he's going to respond.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    geez man, give him time. He might not be as bored as some of us who refresh every 5 minutes.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    geez man, give him time. He might not be as bored as some of us who refresh every 5 minutes.
    ? I'm not being pushy/rushed, it's just like you said, I'm currently at work. Our whole department has made 1736 calls and only made 44 sales. That's what I call boredom.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Also, anybody know PWA's account name on here? I'd like to talk to him about adding a map into the custom rotation.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm in Florida. That's why I didn't want anyone to know. My state is retarded. -.-

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm in Florida. That's why I didn't want anyone to know. My state is retarded. -.-

Also, it's primarily irrelevant.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    rakuen, a lack of a smiley must have made my joke not seem like a joke. Plus I was pointing at myself rather than just you but anyway...

On your work boredom: ouch. I've been in construction or warehouse work most of my post-school life and a job similar to yours would make me cry.

Think I'll go see if honk is busy, or if ctf_yaaaaaaaaarg is on somewhere. have fun at work m8. :)

sorry. I'm sure that was like a knife in the back to ya.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    rakuen, a lack of a smiley must have made my joke not seem like a joke. Plus I was pointing at myself rather than just you but anyway...

On your work boredom: ouch. I've been in construction or warehouse work most of my post-school life and a job similar to yours would make me cry.

Think I'll go see if honk is busy, or if ctf_yaaaaaaaaarg is on somewhere. have fun at work m8. :)

sorry. I'm sure that was like a knife in the back to ya.
    Haha it's all good man. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll need it.

Zen: It's funny too, cause it's always your effin state that for some reason, has a problem with electing presidents.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also, anybody know PWA's account name on here? I'd like to talk to him about adding a map into the custom rotation.

I can only assume you mean PMAVers

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Where you're from has no bearing on how you are. If I posted some of the pictures on some of the people I know from my area then you would all think that I was an inbred freak.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Oh whoops didn't mean PWA, my bad. Thanks a lot Jon, I appreciate it.

Tav: I have no prejudism towards people (usually) in the real sense. Zen is the man, and could backstab just almost anyone. I was just hinting that we always have a problem with the talley of votes in FL (Hrmm i wonder why?).

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Oh whoops didn't mean PWA, my bad. Thanks a lot Jon, I appreciate it.

Tav: I have no prejudism towards people (usually) in the real sense. Zen is the man, and could backstab just almost anyone. I was just hinting that we always have a problem with the talley of votes in FL (Hrmm i wonder why?).

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did. I just wanted to bitch about the kip that I live in :P

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did. I just wanted to bitch about the kip that I live in :P
    Haha ok good deal then. If I showed you where I live, most historians would say it's the starting point for the industrial revolution of ALL of the United States, and has a huge historical background.

Now it's just infested with crack, heroin, gangs and murder. Oh yea, and bars.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey Brak I like how one of those pictures has your kill assists record for demoman set at 2

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Haha ok good deal then. If I showed you where I live, most historians would say it's the starting point for the industrial revolution of ALL of the United States, and has a huge historical background.

Now it's just infested with crack, heroin, gangs and murder. Oh yea, and bars.

it's detroit isn't it

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Where you're from has no bearing on how you are. If I posted some of the pictures on some of the people I know from my area then you would all think that I was an inbred freak.

Heavens no! Everyone knows the Irish are papist rabble rousers who bleed cider and fight with anything including inanimate objects.

j/k

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    marty wrote: »

Heavens no! Everyone knows the Irish are papist rabble rousers who bleed cider and fight with anything including inanimate objects.

j/k

marty *cracks whip*

get back to work or come scrim, the forums are the opposite of productivity and you know it

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    musanman wrote: »

j/k

marty *cracks whip*

get back to work or come scrim, the forums are the opposite of productivity and you know it

I take small breaks in between hour periods. Playing a scrim will absolutely kill a night of possible studying. Friday night, I will scrim until the wee hours, I pwomise.

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    it's detroit isn't it
    Nopers. Lowell, Massachusetts. Look it up.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So are custom skins allowed in PA servers?

Also: I'm thinking of trying to skin a spy to look like Altair.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    it's detroit isn't it
    Nopers. Lowell, Massachusetts. Look it up.
    Businesses started and/or products invented in Lowell
    CVS/pharmacy
    Moxie - the first mass-produced soft drink in the U.S.
    Wang Laboratories - Massachusetts Miracle computer company

I lol'd

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I lol'd
    LOL it's so funny. My mom was actually the secretary to the Vice President of the company back in the 80s. I remember finding it the most hilarious thing when i was little (even now).

Zen: IF YOU MAKE THIS, YOU MUST SHARE. IT IS AMAZING.
    Marty: Yo did you find that spray by the way? It isn't better than my Luigi one, but i could sport it in scrims or when there's a bunch of us.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't remember who this was but I like to imagine it's flippy:
    poorguy.jpg

love will tear us apart again...
    joydivision.jpg

iowa on
  • Options
    BrakulaBrakula Not Alexander Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey Brak I like how one of those pictures has your kill assists record for demoman set at 2

That was an oooold screenshot. I pulled most of those just straight from the folder without looking at when I took them, as I never posted them before. Also Rauken, I don't know what I was thinking when I said we were tied, I think I read your post too fast or something and saw that the other person on my team was tied with me, so I just kinda assumed that was you or something! Reading comprehension is for communists, anyways.

Also, screenie:
    I think JonnyBot discovered a function for his dispenser that some might find distasteful...
    ctf_quarry_v20000.jpg

Brakula on
    76561197983495123.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    iowa wrote: »
    I don't remember who this was but I like to imagine it's flippy:
    poorguy.jpg

love will tear us apart again...
    joydivision.jpg
    LOL that's awesome. The soldier looks like freddy kreuger.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So lately I've had a bit of a lag issue. My ping skyrockets on Job's and PMAver's servers, but oddly enough, is fine on Jonxp's (just refreshing the server list now I get about 50ish for Jonxp's and 500+ for the others).

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? If it helps, I am using a wireless connection on a WRT54G Linksys router.

Slicer on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Brakula wrote: »

That was an oooold screenshot. I pulled most of those just straight from the folder without looking at when I took them, as I never posted them before. Also Rauken, I don't know what I was thinking when I said we were tied, I think I read your post too fast or something and saw that the other person on my team was tied with me, so I just kinda assumed that was you or something! Reading comprehension is for communists, anyways.

Also, screenie:
    I think JonnyBot discovered a function for his dispenser that some might find distasteful...
    humpin mah dispenser

Umm yeah its not what it looks like.
    It's exactly what it looks like

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seriously guys? Custom capture the flag map, 20 minutes left before auto map-change, the score is 0 to 0, and you decide that 8 engineers is the way to go? I just don't understand how 20 minutes of objective less killing and bottlenecking is fun.

I LIKE the custom map server, but its never going to catch on if this is how everyone plays just because the map and how to win it isn't fused into their brain.

The House of Non-Conformity, otherwise known as the only PA server where people play like its a pub.

THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    THE Ted wrote: »
    Seriously guys? Custom capture the flag map, 20 minutes left before auto map-change, the score is 0 to 0, and you decide that 8 engineers is the way to go? I just don't understand how 20 minutes of objective less killing and bottlenecking is fun.

I LIKE the custom map server, but its never going to catch on if this is how everyone plays just because the map and how to win it isn't fused into their brain.

The House of Non-Conformity, otherwise known as the only PA server where people play like its a pub.

It pretty much is the freewheeling server.

Zek on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HonC kind of emptied near the end but man, I got some good laughs from Flippy's machete-ing antics. We both stand at the sidewinder stairs, scout rushes at me with a bat, I switch to SMG... and Flippy leaps from the balcony and slices the guy's face off.

At one point on Mach I loaded up with paintballs rather than bullets:
    flippysx0.jpg

lustregn6.jpg

...but apparently the rest of my team remembered to pack actual ammunition:
    lustre2db6.jpg

flippyafterrj1.jpg

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    see, that's how i like to see flippy.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    thats basically how everyone likes to see him

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ...with a Nemesis symbol above his head?

You guys have issues
    :P

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png