As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas. We're recruiting!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Aww, damn. And you had such a cool character, too. I'm really sorry the times don't work out.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Okay, since DE?AD dropped out and I'm waiting for a replacement, the game is officially starting next Thursday, come HELL OR HIGH WATER. I need to rejuggle a few things on short notice due to this unfortunate departure, and I'll also need to rebalance the early encounters, depending on whether or not people join up.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Aww, damn. And you had such a cool character, too. I'm really sorry the times don't work out.

Yeah me too. Wasn't a complete loss, though - I learned how to create an Exalted character, so there's that.

Sorry again for dropping out so late, and best of luck with the game.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I could tentatively throw my name back into the hat.

But then, I'm involved in several games right now. Maybe I shouldn't. Hm.

Put another way: If you don't find another player who wans the slot, Id' be happy to rejoin up.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    foofoofoofoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd be down to play this. I'll start throwing something together.

foofoo on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Thursdays? I thought we were going for Fridays?

I can't do Thursdays =(

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    'Twas said from the very beginning that we were ideally going to be doing Thursdays and Fridays, as I recall.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Update!

I'm basically dying of some mysterious cold, and I'm trying to get as much rest as possible, thus I won't be able to do preludes for everyone unless I have a miraculous recovery over the next two days. If I'm actually feeling clearheaded and one of you guys is on I will run it, though.

Basically what I'll do is pm you with a short-version of what the last couple months of your life or so have been, sprinkle with the plot hooks, and then see where that goes. Anyone have a problem with such?

Also, Cynic, the plan was always a combination of thursdays and fridays, since generally I end up doing some things on weekends(for example this one.) If you can't make it on Thursday that is truly unfortunate and I am sad.

I'm losing my players! :cry::cry:

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Update!
    Basically what I'll do is pm you with a short-version of what the last couple months of your life or so have been, sprinkle with the plot hooks, and then see where that goes. Anyone have a problem with such?

:^:

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So do we have a definite start tomorrow/friday?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tomorrow, 6 PM MST.

Whoever is there is in, whoever isn't is out.

Now funny story, I thought today was tuesday, but it's not, so I'll get the pms out tonight/tomorrow morning and set up the threads.

I'm so excited!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ROCK AND ROLL LETS DO THIS! [/enthusiasm injection]

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    If you're still down a player and want me, let me know.

(not trying to belabor the point, honest)

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh yeah, I was going to mention this to you but yes I am down two players at this point in time.

So if you want to show up it's cool.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh and I forgot to mention, we're going to be doing this in the #bombfell channel of irc.slashnet.org in case anyone didn't already know.

I hope to see you all there!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i was going to sign up until you mentioned it wasn't PbP. :(

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Took me a while, but I finally added the rest of my character's background and description. I also swapped two charms for excellencies.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well, that was fun! Everybody read the logs! And here they are again for good measure!

Episode 1: The cast(some of them) are introduced(sort of) and get into a fight(not really) but then later do(but that's for next episode)
    TheStoryteller: The sun shines down on the city of Seahaven, capital of the Wavecrest Archipelago. The terracotta roofs glow in the tropical sun, and calls of merchants and fishermen echo across the harbor. In the city, four Celestial Exalted move, stirring the strands of Fate.
    ***Gemini steps from the deck of his ship to the docks
    Kiarn: "That dream. That damned dream." Kiarn came out into the salty air, frowning thoughtfully upwards at the sun. "That dream..."
    ***TheStoryteller The merchant who had hired Gemini to ship goods across the archipelago to Windgate rushes up to him. "Hey! You come back so soon? Good winds? Where's my money!" She glares at him, holding her hand out.
    Gemini: "Pirates were guarding the archipelago, we had to flee"
    ***Dezrik keeps to himself as he makes his way towards the Docks with his hood drawn low to avoid drawing attention to his striking features. He cuts not quite the daunting figure he once did, as weeks of hard living add up.
    TheStoryteller: The merchant glares at you. "Pirates? There's pirates everywhere, you dog! That's why I hired you to ship my goods! Get my gems back now!"
    Gemini: "Now, Now, they're still aboard, and I'll gladly return the goods and your initial pay. I had more pressing business come up."
    ***Gemini whistles and signals his crew to unload the cargo
    TheStoryteller: The merchant sneers and spits at your feet. "Get it done by sundown or I'll call the Feathered One's justice on you!'
    ***Gemini pulls out the sack of coins the merchant had paid with, and tossed it back to her.
    ***TheStoryteller as Dezrik walks towards the docks, he's hailed by dozens of merchants hawking their wares, all female. Several fishermen are haggling with them for their cargos, but everyone is shouting and yelling.
    ***Dezrik offers the brush off routine which is second nature at this point, not letting them truly distract him from his goal. He focuses on the boats docked and their crews, examining them, seeking perhaps the qualities of his old crew. Every so often though he casts a furtive gaze over his shoulder, whether out of simple paranoia or looking for someone specific, it's hard to say.
    TheStoryteller: Kiarn is in a more peaceful part of town, with a few small shops and a local merchant's estate house nearby, and the sounds of gulls and faint cries from the markets and the docks echo around him. Strangely enough, nobody is on thre streets.
    ***Gemini returns to his boat and helps his crew unload crate after crate from belowdecks, stacking them on the docks
    ***Kiarn found being alone rather curious... especially after the cities of the east. The peace was... almost disturbing. He took stock of his memory, and turned towards the docks. Best to head in that direction... he wanted to see that ocean again, this time from ground that wasn't moving under him.
    ***Smilie finds himself standing just past the shoulder of the irate merchant. This might be peculiar to anyone who had observed the scene carefully, as he likely was not there a moment ago.
    TheStoryteller: The merchant stalks off as soon as she's satisfied that Gemini is unloading her cargo, holding her money close to her chest and shouting for another captain to come claim her goods
    ***TheStoryteller she shouts at Smilie as she bumps into him. 'Watch where you're going!'
    ***Gemini , convinced that he's not being watched anymore by the merchant, strolls away from where the cargo is being unloaded, and takes a good look around. Someone wanted him here.
    ***Smilie bows politely. "My apologies. I should pay more attention to my surroundings, miss...?"
    TheStoryteller: She sneers at him. 'Gull Wing Waves.' She glances at him speculatively. 'Tell me, do you own a ship? I need a VERY valuable cargo moved.'
    ***Gemini chuckles to himself as he spies his former client bump into someone and get angry.
    ***Smilie taps a finger on his lips. "I might, should I think hard enough. I couldn't help but notice your... discussion with the other fellow. Dangerously valuable, perhaps?"
    ***Dezrik is accosted and subsequently distracted by a haggling fisherwife of exceptional vigor, taking some time to extract himself from her vice-like presence.
    TheStoryteller: Gull Wing Waves shakes her head. 'It's a collection of trinkets from some tribe, I have a very interested customer in Windgate who's paying me a lot of money for them' She smiles. 'Valuable to me and him, not to many other people.'
    ***TheStoryteller a faint grumble from one of the local volcanos stirrs the ground, and everyone glances up for a moment before turning back to their business.
    ***Dezrik having finally broken free of her sales pitch, he reorients himself and returns to searching for a likely vessel for employment.
    ***Gemini reorients himself as the ground calms, and quickly checks a scroll before repocketing it.
    Smilie: "I see." Smilie sighs. "Mementos. Would that I had the foresight." He shakes his head. "Pardon me. Still, even transporting such things of selective significance these days... risky business. What payment are you offering?"
    ***Kiarn frowns at the ground... apparently, the ground WOULD move under him here too. Figures.
    ***Gemini calls to his crew. "After you get these goods unloaded, you have the night to yourself. I have some business to attend to.
    TheStoryteller: Wave holds up the somewhat hefty bag of jade that she had just re-aquired from Gemini. 'The payment that that fool boy kept to himself. Two Koku.'
    TheStoryteller: She smiles. 'For taking the job, that is. There's another five koku for when he returns with my payment'
    Smilie: Smilie taps his staff once. "Not a bad payment. I assume the previous captain was compensated for safeguarding your valuables?"
    TheStoryteller: She snorts. 'That fool boy? I know the archipelago, and I know he ran the wrong way. If he could make it back here from a pack of pirates, he could make it to Windgate.'
    ***Gemini walks into the marketplace and towards the city center, looking for a tavern
    Smilie: "Oh?" Smilie scratches his head. "That could be. Truthfully, with all the dangers out there today, natural and unnatural, I have difficulty telling what ways are safe to travel." He sighs and shakes his head again. "It seems they change so often. Don't you think so?"
    ***Dezrik finding naught of interest to him at this present moment, he sets off towards the tavern, his stomach growling.
    Kiarn left the room (quit: Quit: ).
    TheStoryteller: Wave Wing Gull smiles back at Smilie. 'You know, you're not as bad a guy as that fool child, but you're right. He deserves something for his trouble.' She reaches into her pocked and waves one of Gemini's crewmen over. 'Here, give this to your captain when he returns.' She hands him a handful of Scrip and turns back towards Smilie.
    ***Smilie places a hand over his chest and dips his head. "A generous employer. Discretion saves cargo as well as lives."
    TheStoryteller: Wave smiles broadly. 'You're a wise man... but I never caught your name!' She blushes and stammers for a moment.
    ***TheStoryteller The ground trembles again, and the volcano belches black smoke. Everyone pauses for a full moment, holding their breath as they look upwards.
    ***Gemini stops in his tracks and looks upwards
    Smilie: "Call me what you'd like. I most often answer to the nickname 'Smilie'." He glances up towards the volcano, and raises his brows. Under his breath he remarks on how active it's been.
    ***Dezrik frowns for a moment before relaxing, "These isles...a roll of the dice away from total destruction at any moment."
    ***Gemini mutters under his breath: "I really should have taken a reading on the way here"
    TheStoryteller: Wave laughs. 'Smilie, hmm? Well, I was just headed to the tavern for a drink, perhaps you'd like to join me and talk about future... employment?
    TheStoryteller: As Dezrik and Gemini head up towards the tavern, a group of white-robed priestesses pass them, headed down towards the docks.
    Smilie: Smilie points a finger at himself in a 'who, me' fashion. "It'd be foolish not to. It's my life's purpose to assist others."
    TheStoryteller: Wave raises one eyebrow and nods. 'I'm... glad to hear that. Shall we?'
    ***Dezrik casts a brief glance priestess-wards, but is far too distracted by his stomach to stray from his course to the Feathered Cock.
    ***Gemini turns his head to check out the group of priestesses
    Smilie: Smilie gestures for her to lead. "Where you go, I will follow."
    TheStoryteller: Wave starts walking, glancing behind her to make sure Smilie follows, moving up the same street everyone else is.
    ***Gemini turns and walks to one of the priestesses. "Is everything alright?"
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses all look at him simultaneously. 'Everything is well. A sacrifice shall be made.'
    ***Gemini is rather creeped out - "ok then..."
    ***Gemini turns and mutters something about "Fucking Coralite Wierdos"
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses continue down the street, ignoring Gemini, zeroing in on Wave. One of them places their hands on her shoulders and speaks again. 'It is time. You have been chosen.'
    ***Gemini continues on towards the tavern
    TheStoryteller: Wave flips out. 'WHAT? Don't we sacrifice the criminals and the scum? You can't do this to me! I have a business!'
    ***Dezrik stops in his tracks, turning towards the disturbance and Smilie in particular...for a moment.
    ***Gemini notices the man in front of him about face, and looks to see what's going on.
    ***Smilie places a hand on Wave's shoulder, brows furrowed in confusion. He keeps silent for the moment.
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses cluster around Wave. 'You have been chosen, and we must take you. You know the price if we don't aquiesce.'
    ***Dezrik approaches the gaggle of priestesses with a frown, clearing his throat to gain their attention, pushing back his hood as well.
    ***Gemini stands back as the man he had seen in front of him brushes by him to approach the group of priestesses
    TheStoryteller: One of the priestesses turns towards Dezrik. 'This woman has been chosen, we must take her to appease Fires of Molten Rock.
    ***Dezrik cocks his head, levelling a disapproving frown at them, "I know of this custom. I wasn't aware you took foreigners on business here"
    Dezrik: "Am I to understand that all here visiting on business are at risk?"
    ***Smilie 's smile turns a touch devious as he regards Dezrik.
    TheStoryteller: Wave opens her mouth to object, even as one of the priestesses speaks. 'This woman is a... foreigner? Our divinations would not... should not..." She takes a breath.
    TheStoryteller: 'If we do not sacrifice this woman... our entire city may be destroyed. You understand this, do you not?'
    Dezrik: "I do. And yet, you hesitate. Something is wrong. A foreigner is not normal subject to sacrifice is it?"
    Dezrik: "Just how intricate is the ritual for these divinations?"
    ***Dezrik wears his best stern look, the sort he'd use to slowly squeeze the truth of a misconduct out of his subordinates.
    TheStoryteller: The priestess looks Dezrik in the eye. 'No matter what happened, the divinations have never been wrong before. The sacrifice must be done soon. Will you prevent us from saving this city?'
    Dezrik: "On the contrary madame, I am ensuring that you do save the city. Now tell me, just how intricate is the ritual? I would imagine it is not something easy to perform"
    ***Gemini steps closer - "Pardon me, but I overhood your conversation. Would you mind letting me examine your divinations? Some would say that I have some experience with the art."
    TheStoryteller: The ground rumbles again, and the priestess shakes her head. 'We have no time for this! Get out of our way, lest we perish in the Fire!'
    ***Dezrik smile slightly at Gemini's words, "Ah, this is opportune. Now, ladies, let me be frank. My concern is this: in sacrificing foreigners, you run the risk of severely alienating your trade partners, dooming your people to a different sort of death."
    ***Dezrik "If you're going to do that, you might want to make sure your divinations are correct."
    TheStoryteller: The priestess nods to her fellow priestesses, and they all cluster around Wave and flow into graceful Martial Arts stances. 'If you will not get out of our way, we will MAKE you get out of our way. There is NO TIME!'
    Dezrik: "You don't want to do this lass."
    ***Gemini steps away from what looks to be a tense struggle
    ***Dezrik looks to Wave, "What are your finances like, enough to give me a damn big meal?"
    TheStoryteller: Wave looks at him, fear in her eyes. 'I've got more money than you can imagine! help me!'
    ***Smilie sighs. "I don't suppose it would be possible to take another, would it?"
    Dezrik: "Enough to get fine Coralite calamari? I do love calamari..."
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses shake their heads, one of them grabbing Wave as the rest move forwards. 'We have no time for this.'
    ***Dezrik gives Smilie a sympathetic look, "I already tried that approach lad."
    ***Smilie raises a finger. "One word to the sacrifice, please."
    ***Gemini steps out of the nearby doorway he had slipped into
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses glance over their shoulders. 'You can say it on the move. We have already spent far too much time here.'
    ***Dezrik draws forth his gleaming Wavecleaver as they accost Wave.
    ***Smilie 's smile becomes melancholy. "As you wish, priestesses." He regards Dezrik. "You'll likely kill many more just by saving this one. Would it be worth it?"
    Dezrik: "Justice denied anywhere is justice denied everywhere. I am not in the practice of yielding."
    Dezrik: "And she'll feed me, the priestesses not so much."
    ***Gemini speaks up, "Nobody may need to die here. Let me see the oracles."
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses look at Dezrik, the one holding Wave continues to move forwards, four others stay behind. 'Then you will face justice at our hands.'
    TheStoryteller: One of the priestesses with Wave looks at Gemini. 'You may come with us, if you wish to see the Oracles.'
    ***Smilie takes a deep breath, and leans down towards Wave, whispering something to her.
    ***Dezrik with but a thought, causes his wavecleaver to ignite, the stone in the pommel gleaming.
    Dezrik: "One last chance lass. Let her go. Please."
    TheStoryteller: Wave looks at Dezrik, and shakes her head sadly. 'No. One death to save many. That is how it always ends.'
    ***Dezrik turns his gaze on Smilie, "And your thoughts? Would you rather yield to them than not?"
    ***Gemini starts running up the hill past the group
    ***Smilie gives Wave one last squeeze on her shoulder, trying to be as comforting as possible. "Their customs are not mine to dictate. If one would willingly go to save dozens... that one is a nobler type than I could ever hope to be."
    TheStoryteller: As the smoke cloud above the volcano darkens, a gull swoops over the city, directly overtop of Dezrik and Smilie.
    ***Dezrik cocks his head, considering it for a moment, "Very well. If she would willing yield, they can bow to such madness if they like."
    ***Dezrik sheathes the blade in one fluid movement returns the blade to it's place, the flames dying. "I will not save one who doesn't wish to be saved."
    ***Gemini looks around frantically
    ***Gemini doesn't see what he's looking for, and keeps running up the path
    ***Dezrik steps off to the side, permitting the priestesses to pass.
    TheStoryteller: The city is silent, everyone either looking up towards the volcano or preparing for an eruption. The only ones on the streets are Dezrik, Gemini, Smilie, and the priestesses.
    TheStoryteller: The priestesses move towards the top of the volcano, Gull Wing Wave walking between them with her eyes closed, muttering a prayer.
    ***Smilie whispers one last thing to Gull, then approaches Dezrik. "I'd like to have a word with you, sir."
    ***Gemini continues rushing up the mountainside, looking for the priestesses temple
    ***Dezrik grunts irritably, though his ire doesn't seem targetted at Smilie, "Well I'm not exactly on a full schedule here, go ahead."
    ***Smilie glances about conspiratorially. "I suspect you find this occurrence distasteful. Perhaps you'd like to rectify this?"
    ***Dezrik nods at that, "Rectify is certainly one word for what I'd like to do to this situation."
    Smilie: Smilies 'tsk's. "Sad, though, that I assure you it is necessary. With whatever deity is up there demanding it... if only he were to be... pacified." He lets the word 'pacify' hang, obvious he's implying something. "But it's unfortunate no one's capable of it. Regardless, I couldn't help but notice what a unique sword you have there."
    Dezrik: "The key trouble is ensuring that one doesn't have to pacify everyone else in the area as well."
    Smilie: Smilie nods. "Yes. A shame no one's willing to do it. Still, I wonder how much of a fight those women would have been able to put up."
    Dezrik: "Not enough. Regardless, lets cut to the quick as there's only so much time here. Can you or can you not aid in such a pacification?
    Dezrik: And more importantly would you?"
    ***Smilie grins widely, and taps his finger against his lips. "I would like to see that temple of theirs." And with that, he starts off down (or up, as the case may be) the path.
    ***Dezrik merely grunts, following after Smilie temple-wards.
    TheStoryteller: Gemini reaches the end of the path, a little exerted after the climb, but still capable of breathing normally. Before him stands an entrance carved into the volcano, leading deep inside, a dark red glow covering the stone. The sky is dark now, covered in a volcanic cloud of ash and poisonous gasses. Around the entrance are carvings of various people in various states of melting and burning to death.
    ***Gemini activates easily overlooked presence method and heads inside
    Gemini: ...Stealthily
    TheStoryteller: The inside is hot. An uncomfortable, dry heat. The type that makes you want to close your eyes and wait for it to pass. Several priestesses walk through the halls, ignoring Gemini as he sneaks through, heading deep into the heart of the volcano.
    ***Gemini checks rooms, looking for perhaps an alter or divination equipment
    ***Gemini heads towards the final room down the long hallway, closest to the heart of the volcano
    TheStoryteller: He hears a slight commotion behind him as the priestesses enter the temple, walking down the main hallway. Better move fast, Gem.
    ***Gemini speeds up his movement, before the priestesses catch sight of him
    TheStoryteller: Gemini enters the Oracles room, and immediately feels a blast of heat from an open wall, looking over the lava flows. The oracle is leaning over the edge, watching the lava intently before she turns her head to look at Gemini.
    TheStoryteller: 'Welcome, Exalted of the Sun. You trespass on forbidden ground to men, you know. The sea is for men, the land for women. So it was spoken many years ago, by your own allies.'
    ***Gemini is slightly startled by the oracle's knowledge. "Your divinations, let me see them."
    TheStoryteller: The oracle gestures towards the lava flows. 'There, in the molten rock, eddies in the strands of fate. Your touch on the land appeared the instant you laid foot on shore. We expected you to arrive here.'
    TheStoryteller: She smiles, the burns on her face weeping clear liquid that turns into steam from the raw heat. 'The Lord of Earthen Fire expects you, too.'
    Gemini: "Well, I would hate to show up unexpected"
    ***Gemini concentrates on the lava
    Gemini: "I see two more exalted, and a third."
    ***Gemini turns towards the oracle. "What is the nature of the deity of this volcano?"
    TheStoryteller: A deep, booming voice comes from the doorway. "I think you'll find... you can ask ME about that, young Solar."
    ***Gemini turns towards the doorway
    TheStoryteller: The heat doubles in the room as you face The Lord of Earthen Fire. He stands an easy seven and a half feet tall, and his body ripples with molten flame. His voice raises to a shout as he looks at the Solar. 'AGREEMENTS WERE MADE! PROMISES WERE KEPT! YOU ENTERED THIS TEMPLE! THE PUNISHMENT SHALL BE LEVIED AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF THIS LAND!'
    Gemini: "What agreements were these?"
    TheStoryteller: The god sneers at you as he takes a step forwards. 'You should know, little Solar. I would be praised, sacrifices would be made, and my wrath would be stayed... and most importantly, no... MALE would enter my sanctum. And you Solars would LEAVE my realm.'
    Gemini: "What are the nature of these sacrifices?"
    TheStoryteller: The Lord of Earthen Fire takes another step, standing directly in front of you. 'One woman. The most fitting my priestesses can find for me.'
    ***Gemini glances down at the lava again
    Gemini: "well, it seems your sacrifice is coming"
    TheStoryteller: The god laughs. And laughs.
    TheStoryteller: 'I'm afraid you don't understand, little Solar. You entered my temple! You're a male. The agreement is BROKEN!' The Lord of Earthen Flame reaches forward to grasp Gemini.
    ***Gemini grins, as a quick spurt of wind blows from behind the god, and Gemeni simply... flots off the edge of the ridge, flipping once before attempting to land neatly on the other side
    ***Gemini sticks the landing
    TheStoryteller: Gemini lands on the edge of the platform, looking down at the god beneath him. He hears a gasp from behind him, as the priestesses escorting Wave reach the entrance to the massive chamber.
    Smilie: There's the sound of something tapping on the floor in the doorway. "Forgive us for intruding, grand one." Smilie is leaning against the entrance, one arm folded over his chest. The other grips tightly to his staff, the spiderweb gem topping it glowing a dim red.
    ***Dezrik strides into the chamber, his cloak removed and revealed a glimmering lamellar of moonsilver, laced with Old Realm describing the deeds of Lunars long gone.
    ***Dezrik hurls a priestess who attempted, quite futiley, to halt his advance, his wavecleaver in hand.
    Smilie: "I'm afraid we take objection to the way you manage your demesne."
    TheStoryteller: The Lord of Earthen Fire lets out a bellowing roar and leaps from the Oracle's chamber up onto the stone disc that stands above the lava in the center of the volcano.
    TheStoryteller: PATHETIC SOLARS! YOU BREAK YOUR DEALINGS AND COME TO SLAY ME? I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE!
    Dezrik: "I am Luna's chosen, thank you very much. And as Steward, I'm afraid I cannot permit you to do any such thing"
    ***Gemini hops out of the way and jumps down behind the two exalted who had recently entered, his landing softened by a cushion of air
    Smilie frowns for the first time since he encountered the others at the docks, and raises his staff. "How unfortunate." The gem's glow brightens. "Then by our rights as the rulers of this world," he gives the thing a spin, and slams the red end down in front of Dezrik, his speech punctuated by another red flash, "our gradeur as Chosen," he slams the staff before Gemini, "and our concerns as living beings," he sets the thing casual
    Smilie: before him now, "you must be dealt with in kind." He smiles cheerily again. "I wish you luck."

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Volcano God!? Gods are chumps lets do this!

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So uh, Coyote, Krata, let us know if you haven't been consumed by the Penny Arcade IRC Game Curse.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I want to apologize for disappearing last night.

I absolutely didn't mean to drop out, honest. If I'm still wanted for the next session, I'll be there.

Going to read the logs that the title mentioned now.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh, you're definitely still wanted, Krata. The next session might be a bit epic, but it shouldn't be hard for you to join in.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Oh, you're definitely still wanted, Krata. The next session might be a bit epic, but it shouldn't be hard for you to join in.

Cool, cool. Assuming no catastrophe, I'll be there.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Who were the others that missed? Inglorious Coyote?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Just Coyote, yeah.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Hrrrglbl.

Okay, so my manager at work is absolutely freaking insane. I got scheduled for 22 hours next week(which is not enough to live on) so I asked for more hours, and I got scheduled for closing shift on friday(which I explicitly put down as being NOT AVAILABLE for) and I'm working a bit late on Thursday.

We'll still do this, but it will start a little later on Thursday than on last time. I don't have the exact time, but I will be there.

EDIT: I swear guys I want to be doing this two times a week but my manager is insane and scheduling issues are driving me nuts. When I started trying to get this done I had the time and then I got sick and now stupid work insanity... yeah.

So, how about that Volcano God? Volcano fights for the win?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Hrrrglbl.

Okay, so my manager at work is absolutely freaking insane. I got scheduled for 22 hours next week(which is not enough to live on) so I asked for more hours, and I got scheduled for closing shift on friday(which I explicitly put down as being NOT AVAILABLE for) and I'm working a bit late on Thursday.

We'll still do this, but it will start a little later on Thursday than on last time. I don't have the exact time, but I will be there.

EDIT: I swear guys I want to be doing this two times a week but my manager is insane and scheduling issues are driving me nuts. When I started trying to get this done I had the time and then I got sick and now stupid work insanity... yeah.

So, how about that Volcano God? Volcano fights for the win?

You want we should 'ave 'is legs broke?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So judging by the fact that Coyote hasn't posted in the other Exalted thread for weeks upon weeks either, I'm beginning to suspect he's dead.

Looks like it's down to you and me for melee, Krata. LETS DO THEES

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    So judging by the fact that Coyote hasn't posted in the other Exalted thread for weeks upon weeks either, I'm beginning to suspect he's dead.

Looks like it's down to you and me for melee, Krata. LETS DO THEES

*Chainrattle*

I will supplement your strength with speed and sorcery.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Game time. We're in-channel.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Krata!!!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Late showers get paddled an exponentially increasing amount as their lateness increases. TRUE FACT.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's apparently becoming increasingly obvious that fate has not ordained me to be a productive member of this game. First I was cut out of it, then my computer died and I missed a session, and now I'm a bloody hour late to a session because my sister has a daughter and we ran a whole lot late.

On top of all that, in a few weeks my schedule is going to drastically change and I wouldn't be able to guarantee that I'd be around for the game anyway.

I'm heading to the session now.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'll be ready tonight.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Whoo OOC thread.

Yeah, the dice hate me pretty much.

Also, I deleted most of my posts in the IC thread just to unclog it a bit.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thanks, it is much appreciated. Not that conversation is bad or anything, but it's nice to have one extraordinarily messy thread and one mostly tidy thread.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So then!

Kiarn's meant to be our group's off-tank/basher sort. He's going to, eventually, be a badass martial artist who can face the toughest foes barefisted or unarmored or both with the purified awesome of his Essence.

But for now, he's a fairly powerful Martial Artist who carries a magical version of a seven-section-staff and fights in the style of a praying Mantis. He's also posessed of a dry sense of humor.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sorry about that Rainy, I'll keep it over here henceforth. :)

Don't worry Plutonium, the fact that you rolled the first botch of the campaign makes you kind of like the Jews. After you go through your first major hardship, it's cleeeaaar sailing from there! :D
    You're DOOOOOMED

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, technically Powerslave got his face kicked while casting necromancy during the volcano fight, and only got to finish his spell through pretty major 'stunting' aka leeway.
    I'm so screwed

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Technically Fiaryn rolled the first botch in the first session, on an awareness roll.

It was totally non-crit, though.

Rainfall on
This discussion has been closed.