As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy Shit All Points Bulletin CLOSED BETA THIS WEEK!

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raslin wrote: »
    I'm jealous

Just one bit
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Two bits jealous

One bit sexy

I've had it up to here with you two loose cannons. Flippy, Raslin, I want your badges and your wangs on my desk first thing tomorrow morning. As of this moment you're no longer detectives in this on-going investigation of the Beta Key Bandits.

You guys are too close this and I can't risk having you maniacs blowing this thing out proportion with the mayor STILL breathing down my neck over the last wreckless stunt you two pulled...Don't even start with that! I don't care how many lives you saved from that whole baby/puppy orphanage Russian terrorist mafia hostage situation. You were lucky that didn’t turn as bad as it could of and you’re lucky now that I don’t have you goons arrested.

Now get out of my sight, I want you out MY office, out of MY department, and OUT OF MY GOD DAM STREETS!!!

I love this post

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Anyone else in and have anything to report?

No, but from now on we'll all hate you.

Don't hate! Point and laugh at how fate chose me for excellence, then thought again and returned me to mediocrity

Well, we'll point and laugh.
    Then we'll hate once support gets back to you.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Extra bonus points for not being able to see the online support...because I can't log in. Time to go shoot something I think. . .

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Extra bonus points for not being able to see the online support...because I can't log in. Time to go shoot something I think. . .

Well this bodes well for the retail experience

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh goddamnit. I get an email from Realtime Worlds and I'm all holy shit no way I made it into the beta but no, instead it's a market research survey.

Bastards.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: Nothing to see here, move along.

Biosys on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did you people put anything in particular as why you should be in the beta? I just wrote that I think it has an amazing character creator, which I don't really think is the kind of stuff that get's you into betas.

Peewi on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I talked about how I love sucking cock.

And then the url where they can see pictures.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dammit, I knew I should have stuck with plan A.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    NismoGrendelNismoGrendel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    Did you people put anything in particular as why you should be in the beta? I just wrote that I think it has an amazing character creator, which I don't really think is the kind of stuff that get's you into betas.

I put a bunch of stuff in my app about how awesome the concept is, and how many bug reports I would submit. An entire application full of brown nosing...

Muppetman wrote:
    So I received an email inviting me to the beta (yay!) but then when I log in to actually download the client I get ...

"Too many failed attempts to log in have been made from this IP address. This IP address has been temporarily blocked and customer services have been alerted. Please email support@apb.com for assistance. Thank you. "

Now I DID have to try a few times to create a strong enough password at the initial creation screen but not at the actual log in.

Excessive swearing to be imagined. Have emailed support so fingers crossed.

Anyone else in and have anything to report?

I got the same error. I sent off an email to support, hopefully it's fixed soon. As long as you get the initial client downloaded and patched before Sunday, you wont be missing anything.

NismoGrendel on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's not against the NDA but remember they have explicitly asked people in the beta not to reveal they're in the beta

so maybe shush

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I didn't get an email reply but can now log into the site and download. So for anyone else having similar issues just give it another go.

Next problem is that the launcher says Win 7 is not supported and what did I install last night? Ah well, fingers crossed.

On a side note the person who sent me a PM, you have yourself set to not receive PMs so I'm not rude by not replying. Hope that makes sense.

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I didn't get an email reply but can now log into the site and download. So for anyone else having similar issues just give it another go.

Next problem is that the launcher says Win 7 is not supported and what did I install last night? Ah well, fingers crossed.

On a side note the person who sent me a PM, you have yourself set to not receive PMs so I'm not rude by not replying. Hope that makes sense.

Oh come on.

In related news: I can't find anything about APB in my inbox, I've forgotten my password to log-in, I've asked for it to be reset and nothing's come through - but I'm 100% sure I signed up for the beta.

Aaaaaargh.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I signed up for the beta but never registered an account on the site, am I doing it wrong?

Sparvy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I registered for the site after getting the invite so I think not.

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well this is a pleasant surprise.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So jealous :(

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PunkBoy wrote: »

This man, he speaks the truth.

I'm aware of the whole don't-tell-people-your-in-beta thing, but can anyone tell me if making multiple beta apps (One for me, one for a friend of mine who won't have access to the internet for a while) means that you won't get a invite?

Biosys on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Biosys wrote: »
    PunkBoy wrote: »

This man, he speaks the truth.

I'm aware of the whole don't-tell-people-your-in-beta thing, but can anyone tell me if making multiple beta apps (One for me, one for a friend of mine who won't have access to the internet for a while) means that you won't get a invite?

If you put in the same email address, it updates your old one.

But there's nothing with IP addresses or anything

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »
    I'm jealous

Just one bit
    Two bits jealous

One bit sexy

I've had it up to here with you two loose cannons. Flippy, Raslin, I want your badges and your wangs on my desk first thing tomorrow morning. As of this moment you're no longer detectives in this on-going investigation of the Beta Key Bandits.

You guys are too close this and I can't risk having you maniacs blowing this thing out proportion with the mayor STILL breathing down my neck over the last wreckless stunt you two pulled...Don't even start with that! I don't care how many lives you saved from that whole baby/puppy orphanage Russian terrorist mafia hostage situation. You were lucky that didn’t turn as bad as it could of and you’re lucky now that I don’t have you goons arrested.

Now get out of my sight, I want you out MY office, out of MY department, and OUT OF MY GOD DAM STREETS!!!

I love this post

All it is text book PD chief talk.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    1 Beta invite. Just need to download the client.

can you download to multiple systems (Have desktop and a laptop)

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    YOU.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I cannot post the letter "F" enough to properly express my rage at you Teslan.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The client did take forever to download.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You want to die in a fire? It can be arranged.

Sparvy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know Teslan irl.

Gonna hit him next time I see him.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know Teslan irl.

Do it twice.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay guys, so the plan is that you all play this for a long time, and I'll join and play with you all like after 2 months, so I can be the ROOKIE.

Ross_C on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You think you can handle this, rookie?

"SURE BOSS NO PROBLEM"

Senshi on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A fellow uploaded some footage from the Beta to dailymotion. His editing may be questionable but I saw a few things I hadn't before.

Apparently 32bit os' are locked at low settings, but I hear some gent got around that recently.

He also mentioned that he earned a new fender for his car by handcuffing a guy and running him over ten times, and that kneecapping criminals from an elevated position with a sniper rifle while they try to rob an atm is endlessly amusing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Basil wrote: »
    A fellow uploaded some footage from the Beta to dailymotion. His editing may be questionable but I saw a few things I hadn't before.

Apparently 32bit os' are locked at low settings, but I hear some gent got around that recently.

He also mentioned that he earned a new fender for his car by handcuffing a guy and running him over ten times, and that kneecapping criminals from an elevated position with a sniper rifle while they try to rob an atm is endlessly amusing.

Nice to see that cars can be damaged, unlike what was shown in the last trailer.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know Teslan irl.

How does it make you feel to know I tried to install APB.

My computer will not run it......

<3

(Girlfriends new laptop ftw)

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    VacuumJockeyVacuumJockey Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You can now preorder APB on Amazon -- 40 quid.

Release date: March 26, 2010. Exactly how accurate are Amazon's streetdates?

VacuumJockey on
    PSN: VacuumJockey

"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy!"
    ~ Dr. Emilio Lizardo
  • Options
    LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So people didn't get mass-invites I take it?

For some reason I got in, I don't even recall what I listed as reasons for wanting in. The only Beta experience I have is with a few Battlefield games.

Lucky me I guess

LionEyez on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Massive thread bump, but I've received a key via email to try this game out. And try out I shall! Though one thing worries me: my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements? It said my processor was too slow (3.46Ghz) and my video driver was bad. That's odd.

urahonky on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I got a similar email and was logging on just to see if anybody else would be doing this

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Same here. Let's do this!

EDIT: Yeah, it also said my processor wasn't good enough. Everything else is green across the board. Weird...

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And it's patching... Says 1400 minutes remaining. Bah!

urahonky on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I got an email for a key to the city...

That's pretty cool, I never get chosen for betas

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I remember people being super stoked for this game

Then some people got into they beta and they weren't stoked anymore

I don't even know why! Is there an NDA or something?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg