As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Etrian Odyssey: B8F - Gold Wings For The Pilgrimage [Day 8]

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So, anyone need a new guy?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

What class are you?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    B:L wrote: »

What class are you?

I can be anything. I haven't picked one.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zen Vulgarity has joined up.

There's still several spaces available, partially due to the long-pending removal of inactives, so interested persons are welcome to PM me, or just post here.
    (I have not removed any player whose Guild has been active over the past few days; only those who requested it, or those whom I haven't received any actions from since the beginning.)

For clarification, a withdrawn player's character is not accessible to their Guild.

The player must still be involved in the game for their character to participate.

I will be keeping all statistics handy in case any withdrawn players decide to rejoin.

Think of their characters as being on vacation.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yay!

Now I'm in level 5.

As a level 1.

D:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So, I can have whatever picture I want?

Apparently my group's artist left.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "Ah, you've returned."

hall2.png

"It is with some regret that not all has been well during your leave of absence, adventurers.

As you may know, the Third Stratum is largely uncharted territory. Few have ventured so deep into Yggdrasil, and even fewer have returned to speak of the Rainforest's contents.

However, a new development has transpired which is... disturbing, to say the least.

A wounded soldier returned not long ago, speaking of mysterious humanoid figures lurking in the shadows of the new Stratum's oceanic depths.

While we do not know their identities or their motives, we do know this:

They pose a grave threat to our way of life.

The person I speak of was the lone survivor of his unit.

Still, the Radha has elected to handle this development diplomatically, for now.

In this endeavor, we again request your assistance, wanderers.

Uncover the identities of these foreign creatures, and investigate their motives.

We realize this request is vague at best, but we can not say for certain how to proceed until we know more.

While how to handle the task is left to your judgment, I suggest that you do so in the most peaceful means possible.

There is the chance, however slight, that this has all been a grave misunderstanding. The Radha hopes to resolve this situation peacefully, and to the utmost benefit of Etria, as well as Yggdrasil's denizens.

However you proceed, tread with caution, adventurers."

Any Guilds with members that have yet to make purchases still have time to finalize their plans, unless their Guild leader wishes to proceed with their first actions regardless.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone fought a turtle yet? We were going to, but I was distracted by the promise of treasure chests.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Anyone fought a turtle yet? We were going to, but I was distracted by the promise of treasure chests.
    Don't worry. We're on top of it.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    so so so sorry

I'm in Austria

have been for a week

I'll be back home tomorrow

and be active again

Don't judge me D:

ps Austria is the only place where steak sandwich is a valid menu option

so awesome

so awesome

Gumpy on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    soo... anything happening here?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Stomping some ants. I found a new whip. We actually took damage once.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Stomping some ants. I found a new whip. We actually took damage once.

Ghost Ride it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Though it's probably obvious by now, B5 has taken a while to play out.

It is nearing its conclusion. The second (and final) third stratum map won't be nearly as complex.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    With the swarm pacified, and their Monarch slain, the way to the next level of the Rainforest has become available.

However, it is not an unobstructed path.

"You stand on the verge of defying our pact."

fpo.png

"You approach sacred ground, explorers. Do you not know of the agreement between our kind and your own?

If that is the case, your ignorance will be your undoing. Go no further, or we will be forced to destroy you.

This is a courtesy we will not extend for long. Turn back, or your remains will join those of the others who have defiled the arrangement."

With the cold words spoken, the female steps back, and vanishes into the plantlife behind her.

For those who proceed, regardless of warning to the contrary, another foreign sight awaits.

B6F-O.png

B6F - Flood of Gods' Tears

The expanse of the sixth level has no obstruction.
    Where there was once plantlife and natural barriers of every sort preventing passage, there is only ocean stretched out into the distance.

You find yourself on an island in the center of the oceanic body, with three enlarged flowers waiting across from your current location.

They appear sturdy enough to support the weight of travellers, though to where they lead, you can not be sure.

To those who wish to continue onward, B6F is now accessible. While this map will not be as complex as the one prior, be advised that many of the routes taken here will be one-way only; it will only be possible to pursue another path if a way back to the start is discovered.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    50623.png

Doors have been treating us well since the tragic knife incident.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are there still spaces open? If so I'd like to sign up as a Survivalist.

Paranoia833 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    There are spaces, but unfortunately, none of the active Guilds have an available slot at the moment.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    To the team who helped slay the Royalant, would you like to share the treasure for the Quest? PM me and I'll arrange something.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    25,000 en.

And everyone on your team must use avatars, signatures, and profile flavor text of my choosing for three months.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    25,000 en.

And everyone on your team must use avatars, signatures, and profile flavor text of my choosing for three months.

Umm...we're the ones who took the quest. We're offering to share the quest with you guys so you can get the rewards as well once we get back to town.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait...

You got something from fighting, too?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Anyway, just give us whatever you deem fit, in that case.

---

And since updates are coming at a rather slow pace, I think it would be rather prudent to share maps to avoid covering tread ground.
    699.png

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait...

No no no,

One of the three quests you get from the Town. We signed up for that one, and we can share that reward once we get back to town.
    675.png

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait...

No no no,

One of the three quests you get from the Town. We signed up for that one, and we can share that reward once we get back to town.

The notion I was originally responding from was one where your 'proof of existence' asked for in the quest would be the drop of the ant we had destroyed. In that case, I assumed your 'working out' of somethings would be negotiating our trade of that item for a share in the reward.

If that is not the case, which it apparently isn't, then you are either offering to split the reward with us out of the kindness of your own heart, or are proposing what I thought to be outside the boundaries of the questing guidelines. If the former, then there's not much to negotiate, and we'll (I'll, if that's what you mean by arrangments) just take whatever you find fit to offer. If the latter, I'm not really sure what's going on.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, kill the crab and go north. That's what I would do.

(Hidden flower, trust me. Magical illusionist crab.)

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can I bring back my 3rd lvl Ronin and play with any one because my guild bailed on me?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait...

No no no,

The notion I was originally responding from was one where your 'proof of existence' asked for in the quest would be the drop of the ant we had destroyed. In that case, I assumed your 'working out' of somethings would be negotiating our trade of that item for a share in the reward.

If that is not the case, which it apparently isn't, then you are either offering to split the reward with us out of the kindness of your own heart, or are proposing what I thought to be outside the boundaries of the questing guidelines. If the former, then there's not much to negotiate, and we'll (I'll, if that's what you mean by arrangments) just take whatever you find fit to offer. If the latter, I'm not really sure what's going on.

I checked with CJ about questing guidelines, and yes, we can arrange a shared reward since you have the proof and we have the quest. That's what I meant to offer.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Do we know the reward?

Because it would be hard to top three months of avatar/signature servitude.

(Three months is a bit much, but, really, it's been far too long since last I've bartered with pride. Ideally, at least my share of the reward would be based around such a deal.)

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Can I bring back my 3rd lvl Ronin and play with any one because my guild bailed on me?

It's entirely possible, if you want to get with the members of the LCF.

I have most of the Guilds' records intact; just that only the ones who've sent in actions have kept on(which admittedly was not very many).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

It's entirely possible, if you want to get with the members of the LCF.

I have most of the Guilds' records intact; just that only the ones who've sent in actions have kept on(which admittedly was not very many).
    I will give my sword to whom ever wants it.

But I need my last update PM, cj if you can please. I 'm not done and still want to play.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The guardian of the seas has perished. With its death, the way to the next Stratum has been unveiled.

Though the call to pursue the further mysteries of Yggdrasil is a strong one,
    you decide it best to return to Etria, and update the Radha on your progress.

Upon your eventual return, you find that the Hall is unusually active for the late hour,
    with the coming and going of numerous faces, both familiar and not, many of whom seem equipped for war.

"Regrettably, I must acknowledge your return with unpleasant tidings."

hall2.png

"Tales of your encounter in the depths of the Third Stratum have reached our ears, and their words carry no small weight.

As you have likely gathered by now, this is not our first encounter with the residents of Yggdrasil; those we call the Forest Folk.

In the past, we have maintained a pact with these natives. We utilize the Labyrinth to the betterment of Yggdrasil, and we do not violate the territory they regard as sacred; the depths that you are on the verge of unveiling.

This has not been a problem in the past, as, simply enough, none have survived to explore as much of Yggdrasil as you have.

With the promise of the Fourth Stratum on the horizon, we have come to an impasse. We fear that Etria can not long endure on the lure of previously explored territory.

Our town thrives on the draw of the Labyrinth, and those who come to unveil its mysteries.

If there are none left to uncover, then it may well mean the end of this town's culture.

It is with a heavy burden that I impart to you the Chieftain's decree.

Those of the forest have made it abundantly clear that we are not to pass, for penalty of certain death.

If it's going to be us or them, then it will be us.

Head to the Fourth Stratum, and destroy the Forest Folk.

We realize this is not a task given lightly. Do not undertake this request without bracing yourself for the worst.

We are not aware of what lies beyond. Tread carefully, explorers, and prepare as best as you can before proceeding.

In thanks for your efforts, the Radha bestow a gift of 3,000 en to the Argh Protector Clan.

Use it to your liking, whether it be towards further preparation, or a well earned respite.

Until next we meet, farewell.

Town updates will follow shortly, after which appropriate update PMs will follow.

The beginning of the next Stratum will follow once all Guilds have finalized their preparations.

(Should any Guilds wish to continue their exploration of B6F, they may.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    EO.jpg

Mark my words, before this game ends, I will turn this image into the most awesome guild banner of the week.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "Prob'ly best y' don't ask my opinion about this mess."

shillekashop2.png

"Way I see it, that Labyrinth keeps bringin' all the new faces to town.

Without visitors like y'all, wouldn't be much point in keepin' a shop like this around.

Prob'ly for the best to decide for y'selves what's right and what not."

Various Goods - Fourth Assortment

New merchandise will be displayed in lime.

Weapons
    Swords
    Knife – ATK +6 – 100 en – LSPDMATRH
    Scramasax – ATK +8 – 150 en – LPDTR
    Shortsword – ATK +15 – 350 en – LPDTR
    Broadsword – ATK +34 – 830 en – LPDTR
    Rapier – ATK +45 – 1200 en – LPDTR
    Samshir – ATK +63 – 1900 en – LPDTR
    Claymore – ATK +78 – 2400 en – LPDTR
    Katzbalger – ATK +106 – 3300 en – LPDTR
    Steelsword – ATK +125 – 4400 en – LPDTR
    Last Estoc – ATK +151 – 6700 en – LPDTR

Staves
    Staff – ATK +3, boosts Cure Heal/Spell Damage +5 – 120 en – MATH
    Bone Mace – ATK +15, MAX HP +7 – 480 en – MATH
    Down Staff – ATK +22, Cure heal/Spell damage +10 – 670 en – MATH
    Bone Flail – ATK+47, MAX HP +11 – 1360 en – MATH
    Gem Staff – ATK + 53, Cure heal/Spell damage +20 – 1520 en – MATH
    War Mace – ATK +70, MAX HP +15 – 2320 en – MATH
    Godendag – ATK +99, MAX HP +19 – 4480 en – MATH
    Mystic Rod – ATK +109, Cure heal/Spell damage +40 – 5600 en – MATH

Axes
    Hatchet – ATK +9 – 150 en – L
    Hand Axe – ATK +18 – 300 en – L
    Celtis – ATK +32 – 500 en – L
    Battle Axe – ATK +58 – 996 en – L
    Tabar – ATK +86 – 1800 en – L
    Halberd – ATK +116 – 3200 en – L
    Bhuj – ATK +198 – 8400 en – L
    Fasces Axe – ATK +218 (207+11) – 10200 en - L

Katana
    Wakizashi – ATK +20 – 400 en – R
    Uchigatana – ATK +55 – 1380 en – R
    Ohdachi – ATK +90 – 2760 en – R
    Kogarasu – ATK +119 – 3800 en - R
    Shida – ATK +149 – 6440 en – R

Bows
    Wood Bow – ATK +7 – 140 en - ST
    Short Bow – ATK +15 – 290 en – ST
    Beast Bow – ATK +26 – 700 en – ST
    Long Bow – ATK +39 – 1320 en – ST
    Hindi – ATK +53 (49+4) – 1870 en – ST
    Hunter Bow – ATK +79 – 2640 en – ST
    Vine Bow – ATK +97 – 3630 en – ST
    Heaven Bow – ATK +111 – 4840 en – ST

Whips
    Light Whip – ATK +7 – 135 en – D
    Bull Whip – ATK +16 – 320 en – D
    Nail Whip – ATK +38 – 750 en – D
    Toxic Whip – ATK +61 – 1540 en - D
    Wind Whip – ATK +79 – 2160 en – D
    Sting Whip – ATK +103 – 2970 en
    Blade Whip – ATK +115 – 3960 en – D
    Knout – ATK +136 – 6300 en – D

Armor
    Tweed – DEF +1 – 100 en – LSPDMATRH
    Jerkin – DEF +3 – 120 en – LSPDTR
    Hide Vest – DEF +2 – 180 en – SDMATRH
    Hide Armor – DEF +4, MAX HP +5 – 200 en – LSPDTR
    Doublet – DEF +4 – 250 en – SDMATRH
    Briault – DEF +6, Ice Resist Up – 420 en – SDMATRH
    Chain Mail – DEF +7 – 700 en – LSPDTR
    Iron Plate – DEF +10, MAX HP +9 – 1000 en - LSPDTR
    Fancy Coat – DEF +14 (11+3) – 1560 en – MAH
    Stud Vest – DEF +17 – 1680 en – LSPDTR
    Fairy Robe – DEF +24 – 2340 en – MAH
    Tiger Coat – DEF +27 – 2520 en – LSPDTR
    Brigandine – DEF +32 – 3600 en - LSPDTR

Accessories
    Hairpin – DEF +1 – 70 en – LSPDMATRH
    Hide Glove – DEF +1, ATK +1 – 150 en - LSPDTR
    Hide Aspis [Shield] – DEF +2 – 190 en – LSPDT
    Petal Ring – DEF +1, Cure heal/Spell damage +5 – 200 en - LSPDMATRH
    Down Glove – DEF +2 – 225 en – MAH
    Iron Glove – DEF +3 – 275 en – LSPDTR
    Oval Aspis [Shield] – DEF +5 – 450 en – LSPDT
    Gum Glove – DEF +3, Cure heal/Spell damage +10 – 540 en – MAH
    Fang Glove – DEF +4, ATK+2 – 660 en - LSPDTR
    Rune Glove – DEF +5, Cure heal/Spell damage +20 – 1260 en – MAH
    Blood Gage – DEF +8, ATK+3 – 1540 en - LSPDTR
    Ebon Aspis [Shield] – DEF +10 – 1620 en – LSPDT
    King Aspis [Shield] – DEF +19 (14+5) – 2520 en - LSPDT

Shilleka's has a new item in stock!

Arc Drawer (Bow) - ATK + 220 / STR + 12 - 14,000 en - ST i]limited quantity[/i

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    What can we trade in to fabricate unique items?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    There hasn't been much use for those yet, but some items have become available recently that are bound to turn up something new.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "The pacifistic approach is never the easiest of methods."

apothecary2.png

"A shame that so many are so quick to consider it an invalid solution."

Medicinal Items - Fourth Assortment

Medica – Heals up to 30 HP on a single party member. – 20 en
    Theriaca A – Removes bindings. – 150 en
    Medica II – Heals up to 100 HP on a single party member. – 150 en
    Theriaca B – Removes status conditions. – 500 en
    Nectar – Resurrects with 10% max HP. – 500 en
    Medica III – Heals up to 200 HP on a single party member. – 500 en
    Bravant – Increases attack by 10% when taken in battle. – 600 en
    Stonard – Increases defense by 10% when taken in battle. – 600 en
    Soma – Every party member heals 100 HP. – 1000 en
    Blaze Oil – Imbues a weapon with the element of fire. – 600 en
    Freeze Oil – Imbues a weapon with the element of ice. – 600 en
    Shock Oil – Imbues a weapon with the element of volt. – 600 en

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    For those who've accepted the latest quest of the Radha, unhindered by the promise of approaching sacred ground, the environment of the next level is anything but hospitable.

There is no sign of any color from the forests above, or any trace of the aquatic ocean.

With the sight of the lifeless grounds before you, it's a wonder that anything but death could possibly be found above your current location.

SandyBarrens1.png

Fourth Stratum
    Sandy Barrens

PA-EO-B7F1.png

B7F - The Pathless Drifting Sands

You've yet to encounter any trace of the locals that you were forewarned about, or of any life whatsoever;
    only the presence of four immense doors stand out in the barren landscape.

There is still one last town update to be posted, but beyond that, Guilds may begin exploring the fourth stratum at their convenience.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "You've seen it by now, I'm sure."

valerie.png

"Lifeless, isn't it? You'd think no one had ever been there before.

Maybe no one ever has. There's been some locals who've already taken a gander at the new stratum.

Scary place, kids. Only a handful even returned to talk about the sights they've encountered there.

Be careful before considering some of these requests. It's dangerous ground you're treading on.

Don't wind up like those who've never returned. I look forward to more of your stories."

Golden Deer Requests

"Curing The Sickness"
    The Sandy Barrens are plagued by a rare breed of tree that attacks explorers that mistake it for one of the many plants. They say its branches can be used as an ingredient for specialized medicine.

[strike]"The Mysterious Girl"[/strike]
    The pioneers of the Fourth Stratum claim to have heard the distant voice of a person, a young girl according to early reports. It's unknown whether or not the voice belongs to a lost child, but it would do their consciences well if someone could find out what the source of the voice is.

"Prayer To The Stars"
    Believing in their power to draw her desired lover's eye, a girl will pay handsomely for five star-shaped seeds.

[strike]"The Wyvern's Egg"[/strike]
    They say a monstrous creature has made its nest in the Second Stratum, and guards its kin fiercely.
    One of its eggs will fetch an extremely high price on the market, if one can be gotten.

[strike]"The Monarch"[/strike] - solved
    [strike]Early reports of the Rainforest suggest that a hive of ants have taken residence there.
    This means there must be a Queen. A retired adventurer wants proof of her existence.
    [/strike]

"The 100-Shell"
    A traveller from afar wishes to obtain this sought-after relic, which reportedly can only be found in the Third Stratum.

"Feat Of Strength I"
    A quest given directly from the Adventurers' Guild. Those of you who consider yourselves worthy, venture into the Third Stratum alone, and survive three battles.

[strike]"The Necklace"[/strike] - solved
    [strike]One of Etria's wealthiest debutantes wants a necklace crafted from Insect Eyes,
    which can only be found in the Emerald Grove.
    [/strike]

"A Souvenir"
    An explorer's best friend was slain by a Ragelope in the forest.
    He has yet to encounter one, so he wants someone to bring him a piece of its remains.

[strike]"The Shield"[/strike] - solved
    [strike]A group of adventurers journeyed to the third floor of Yggdrasil, only to flee from the terrors they encountered.
    Their Protector supposedly lost her shield, a family heirloom, and she requests that someone find it for her.
    [/strike]

Resolutions of solved quests will be PMed to the Guilds responsible.

If a quest was solved by a Guild that did not claim it, then they should try to come to an agreement with the Guild that did, and PM me regarding their arrangement.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    We'll probably be taking the far right.

Frosteey on