As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]las Shrugged

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Man I don't know why this bothers me so much but it does.

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a dude putting gas in your car and he's getting paid to do it. Who fucking cares?

I don't really hate them or anything. I just find the fact that someone gets paid to simply stand there and pump petrol pretty amazing.

I find the fact that lots of bathrooms in Europe contain a mean old lady that expects you to put a coin in her jar when you leave pretty amazing too.

Medopine on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a dude putting gas in your car and he's getting paid to do it. Who fucking cares?
    It's kind of wierd if you've spent years filling your tank to have some guy come running up telling you you aren't allowed to operate a hand pump.

Sure, but people are like "omg that's so retarded everyone in Oregon must be retarded" and it's just really annoying.
    Yes, well, congratulations this is what happens when you do something distinctively different from everyone else in the country.

Quid on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    A guy from Seattle talking about coffee?

The odds, they're staggering!
    He's not from seattle, he just lives here.
    IIRC, you don't even live in Seattle, so you have no room to talk, suburbanite.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dyna I will stab you

Medopine on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

It's kind of wierd if you've spent years filling your tank to have some guy come running up telling you you aren't allowed to operate a hand pump.

Sure, but people are like "omg that's so retarded everyone in Oregon must be retarded" and it's just really annoying.
    Yes, well, congratulations this is what happens when you do something distinctively different from everyone else in the country.

I had people do that to me in upstate New York.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I only started drinking coffee after I moved here, actually.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I don't really hate them or anything. I just find the fact that someone gets paid to simply stand there and pump petrol pretty amazing.

I find the fact that lots of bathrooms in Europe contain a mean old lady that expects you to put a coin in her jar when you leave pretty amazing too.

Damn their public bathrooms, the fat old ladies scare me. :(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    what did I do INTERROBANG

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

That doesn't validate the opinion, but whatever.

Medopine on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

It's hard not to with a Starbucks across from a Seattle's Best across from a Bernie's across from a small coffee shop that's bought out and becoming a Starbucks.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

In their defense, people in Oregon are pretty retarded. I mean, aside from the whole gas-pumping thing.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So wait, is a gas attendent what it sounds like (i.e. someone who fills your car with petrol)? Because seriously America, what?
    It's pretty uncommon. A couple states don't allow people to fill their own gas because they're jackasses or something, but otherwise you normally only see it in a much nicer area than most of America.

The BP in this town actually has one pump marked as "full service" while all the rest are self-service. It's the first time I'd ever seen such a thing. But I refuse to use it.

That sort of setup is the norm around here. Well, there are lots that don't even have a Full Service bay, but yeah, most have a mix. Some places charge a cent/litre more for Full Service and some do not. They will check your oil and do your windows for you, sometimes offering and sometimes if you ask.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah cause we're all hippies right Than? We all smoke weed and like to off our old people down here.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

It's hard not to with a Starbucks across from a Seattle's Best across from a Bernie's across from a small coffee shop that's bought out and becoming a Starbucks.
    I've been to Starbucks a grand total of zero times since I moved here, actually.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You get the point shithead.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm from Texas. You're complaints about people making fun of your state are lost on me.

Quid on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Now, I'm not saying that the guy I just interviewed was for sure stoned, but...

haha wow

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah cause we're all hippies right Than? We all smoke weed and like to off our old people down here.
    It wouldn't be a problem if every single driver weren't driving totally stoned off their gourd.

At least, that's what I tell myself, because it's hard to believe that people drive like that sober.

Also, it's the only possible way the layout of the roads could make sense to anyone.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It's like boy I have been holding this pee in gotta go to the bathroom.

"STOPYOUNOPAYPAYNOW!!"

I don't have to go to the bathroom anymore.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Can't say I've come across that, but okay? I would find that wierd, not like it's a huge traffic hot spot or anything.

Leitner on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm always annoyed when I start reading a scientific paper and it begins with "From time immemorial, the human race strived to..."

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

haha wow

Did you ask him for some of that good shit?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008

See, I've grown so accustomed to pumping it myself, having pumped it myself probably thousands of times since I was a teenager, that having someone else pump it just feels wrong to me. I figure people in Oregon are just more open to letting strange men do the pumping for them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

haha wow

He probably wouldn't have been able to answer that question either.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah fuck this, see you guys later

Medopine on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    I've only seen the mean-lady-outside-bathroom when I was on vacation in Bulgaria. They really gave you incentives to pay her, since she was the one handing out the toilet paper. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I really like driving through Portland over that huge body of water. That area's bitchin'.

Quid on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm from Texas. You're complaints about people making fun of your state are lost on me.

Yeah, no lie. That shit gets old.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I like driving over that long ass bridge in Tampa.

I'd like it more if people didn't stop fucking reminding me that a ship crashed into it and killed thirty people every fucking time I drive over it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Yeah, no lie. That shit gets old.

And yet Texas doesn't ever seem to get the hint...

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

haha wow

Was he just sitting there the whole time going doooooooooooood?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

haha wow

Was he just sitting there the whole time going doooooooooooood?

ummmmmm i dunno hehe that....that sounds familiar......maybe?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We know our folksy charm will eventually win the rest of the states over.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I didn't realize that pumping gas was not a joking matter.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Or our cults and militia groups.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yes, the rest of the states being Aguascalientes, Chiapas, Chihuahua, Coahuila de Zaragoza, Colima...

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Petrochemical Distribution.

Serious Business.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I just have a lot of state pride apparently.

Also for the record Texas is fine except for its tendency to execute a fuck ton of people and the fact it elected a retarded governor named Bush. I lived there when I was a kid.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Or our cults and militia groups.

Your cults and militia groups are no match for the gangs and crime-organizations of the east and west coasts.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So Arby's bought out Wendy's? I thought up here Wendy's had bought out Tim Hortons awhile ago.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
This discussion has been closed.