• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher...there's a whole fucking thread for you to rant in about that

He's referencing Reservoir Dogs

Nah I prefer to stay out of the specific threads other then the primaries one if only because the stupidity overwhelms.

Alright, then shut up about tipping you cheapskate

Oh please if we can deal with all that "Do you guys have marble I have marble" or "Wow sucks, I love Wow" I think we can stand a little back in forth on tipping even if there is a topic.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Your thread phobia is silly :P

Medopine on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would say thats a little pretentious to even leave a note.

It's not that I'm trying to be an ass or anything, but my philosophy is that if someone sucks at what they're doing, or they're doing it wrong, telling them politely corrects the issue, or at least gets the ball rolling. The problem is that too many people either get rude about it, or keep quiet, and nothing changes.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Your thread phobia is silly :P

Its not really a phobia, just not that interested to go into the thread about it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    When I waited tables for a couple of years I appreciated if someone left a note saying I was messing up with something.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It's not that I'm trying to be an ass or anything, but my philosophy is that if someone sucks at what they're doing, or they're doing it wrong, telling them politely corrects the issue, or at least gets the ball rolling. The problem is that too many people either get rude about it, or keep quiet, and nothing changes.

If I was your waittress and you left me a note like that I would pretty much consider you an ass.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Well it all depends on the person. I know some people can't stand the slightest correction. And I'd really not want to take the time to tell someone else how to do their job.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm. I haven't logged in to Ikariam in a while...

Quid on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tipping thread -->

This is some good coffee.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A guy from Seattle talking about coffee?

The odds, they're staggering!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Tipping thread -->

This is some good coffee.

forum you moderate -->

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So wait, is a gas attendent what it sounds like (i.e. someone who fills your car with petrol)? Because seriously America, what?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    A guy from Seattle talking about coffee?

The odds, they're staggering!

He's not from seattle, he just lives here.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm terrified at the number of coffee shacks in Washington. It's unnecessary.

Quid on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Today is draaaaaaging onnnnn.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    sooooooo bored. I just haven't the will to study any more Greek, I might actually die of boredom if I do.

Greek has killed me: even the thought of reading about boy sex has no appeal :(

BobCesca on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

If I was your waittress and you left me a note like that I would pretty much consider you an ass.

And that's perfectly alright by me. It's something I've only done twice in my lifetime, but I felt it was needed. It's not like I asked to see the manager or get a free meal.

Answer me this though, you might consider me an ass for leaving the note, but was I right?

I had it done to me when I was a waiter, and I realized I was giving shitty service that day because my mind was on other stuff, so I snapped out of it and made an extra $50 by the end of the day.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    So wait, is a gas attendent what it sounds like (i.e. someone who fills your car with petrol)? Because seriously America, what?

In oregon you can't fill your own gas. They have laws against it if you can believe that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dyna talking about MetaModding to someone else is kinda ironic.

@Preacher: I know that anus.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

OH MY GOD GAS ATTENDANTS RAHH RAHHH

We've explained this before, it's about providing jobs and thus it's pretty damn hard to get rid of the requirement that gas attendants pump gas instead of the driver. This is only the case in a couple states, anyway.

Medopine on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008

They're not very common anymore, though they used to be.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It's pretty uncommon. A couple states don't allow people to fill their own gas because they're jackasses or something, but otherwise you normally only see it in a much nicer area than most of America.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I think we only have like five left in the country, and they only help the handicapped, or hot chicks.

edit: also, the last time I saw one, they charged an extra 5 cents a gallon to do it, but they cleaned your windshield too

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm terrified at the number of coffee shacks in Washington. It's unnecessary.

Sounds pleasant.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Dyna talking about MetaModding to someone else is kinda ironic.

@Preacher: I know that anus.

I don't do that, damn it!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why'd you include the part to Preacher.

Why.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man I don't know why this bothers me so much but it does.

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a dude putting gas in your car and he's getting paid to do it. Who fucking cares?

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

OH MY GOD GAS ATTENDANTS RAHH RAHHH

We've explained this before, it's about providing jobs and thus it's pretty damn hard to get rid of the requirement that gas attendants pump gas instead of the driver. This is only the case in a couple states, anyway.

I always heard it as the gas lobby in Oregon wanted only their people pumping so they could charge more or some garbage. I dunno I asked when I was a young child and my grandfather is a crazy conspiracy vet.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It's pretty uncommon. A couple states don't allow people to fill their own gas because they're jackasses or something, but otherwise you normally only see it in a much nicer area than most of America.

The BP in this town actually has one pump marked as "full service" while all the rest are self-service. It's the first time I'd ever seen such a thing. But I refuse to use it.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Speaking of gas attendants. I left my gas...uh..hole open today after I filled up and drove home with it open. Boy was I embarassed

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why'd you include the part to Preacher.

Why.

Wha?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So when is someone going to start a thread about the meaning of Like A Virgin?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2008
    It just shows how lazy Dyna is to not edit out the part not directed to him.

An I know that anus, Preacher. :winky:

I forgot a comma so now it's innuenddooooo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    So when is someone going to start a thread about the meaning of Like A Virgin?

We all know the meaning to that song.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a dude putting gas in your car and he's getting paid to do it. Who fucking cares?
    It's kind of wierd if you've spent years filling your tank to have some guy come running up telling you you aren't allowed to operate a hand pump.

Quid on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I don't really hate them or anything. I just find the fact that someone gets paid to simply stand there and pump petrol pretty amazing.

Leitner on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

It's kind of wierd if you've spent years filling your tank to have some guy come running up telling you you aren't allowed to operate a hand pump.

Stay out of Jersey.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Sure, but people are like "omg that's so retarded everyone in Oregon must be retarded" and it's just really annoying.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I believe it's due to some agreement with logging companies and such. No, seriously.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Yeah I worry about them forgetting something or blah. I'm really paranoid so that plays into my fear of oregon.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.