Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] The Neo-Crusade

ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Critical Failures
Critical Failures Presents:
STAR WARS
THE NEO CRUSADE

--

It is the year 3966 BBY. For nearly a decade, MANDALORIAN FLEETS have been raiding worlds on the OUTER RIM of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC.

The MANDALORIAN NEO-CRUSADERS, led by MANDALORE THE ULTIMATE, loom like specters at the fringes of the galaxy. The people of the REPUBLIC wonder which planet they will raze next. Because the planets on the OUTER RIM have no seats in the GALACTIC SENATE, the REPUBLIC is unable to intervene.

Above all else, it is a difficult time for the JEDI KNIGHTS. Thirty years have passed since the fallen knights EXAR KUN and ULIC QEL-DROMA successfully divided the JEDI ORDER in two, culminating in a series of terrible conflicts collectively titled the GREAT SITH WAR. For the JEDI ORDER, their wounds are still healing.

They watch the horizon, knowing it is only a matter of time before conflict grips the galaxy once again. They know that it is not a question of if the MANDALORIANS launch a full-scale invasion... but when.


--

The Galactic Senate chamber was thick with tension. To Master Nikos, the nervousness in the great hall left a metallic taste in his mouth. Even his two apprentices, Durandal and Adi, could feel the nervousness in the gathered senators. It was like the tides, ebbing and flowing as Senator Tardan from Corellia shouted at the assembly.

"This is an outrage! How can you sit idly by as sovereign worlds are conquered by the Mandalorians!? Regardless of your jurisdiction, it's the responsibility, the mandate of the Republic to help those in need! To stand and watch as the Mandalorians enslave free peoples is a crime at best! With every planet they take they just get stronger, and it's only a matter of time before they make their move into the Republic! If we strike now, we can - "

"That is enough, Senator."

"Chancellor, you have no right - "

"Senator, we have laws for a reason. They are to be followed always, not when it is convenient. We have heard your pleas and we will subject them to a vote, now please sit down."

"This is ridiculous!"

"Senator, if you do not sit down and cede the floor I will have you removed on disorderly conduct."

The senator scoffed in disgust. "Forget it, I'll remove myself."

The Corellian senator's pod floated back to its spot in the assembly.

"Now, the motion has been put forth to bring the Fleet against the Mandalorians outside of Republic-controlled space..."

--

The Republic of course voted almost unanimously against going to war. Few senators had the political clout or desire to make themselves unpopular in their circles, and so when the Jedi exited the assembly along with the other senators, the tension hadn't evaporated; it hung in the air over everyone's heads mixed with a healthy dose of frustration. The one productive thing that came out of it (and that depended on who you asked) was the acceptance of an outer rim planet called Taris into the Republic.

Master Nikos and his apprentices exited the Senate and began walking to the envoy landing pad where their speeder was waiting. The pilot was standing next to the speeder, and when they approached he nodded cordially.

"Sir, I am under orders to transport you back to the temple as soon as possible."

Master Nikos raised an eyebrow. "Very well. Any particular reason?"

"Sorry sir. I was just given the order to bring you back as soon as you were done here."

Nikos nodded. "Very well. Take us there."

The three jedi boarded the speeder and were soon off.

ArcanisTheImpotent on
Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
«1

Posts

  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi watched the cityscape of Coruscant pass them by as the speeder wove through traffic, speaking without turning from the view.

    "Master Nikos, do you know why we are being summoned?"

  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nikos glances at Adi and thinks for a moment before answering, "I could not say for certain, but I have my theories. As I am sure, do you both."

    steam_sig.png
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Durandal nods his head at Master Nikos' words, his thoughts a jumble . The Mandalorians. Something should be done about them, but the Council wouldn't go against the Senate's wishes. We aren't actually at war, yet something must be done, we can't just let the Mandalorians do as we wish to all those people, all those planets. Arrgh.

    With an effort Durandal stops his thoughts, trying to center himself, he begins with a breathing excercise and mentally chants part of the Code.

    There is no emotion; there is peace.
    Threre is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the Force.


    Having centered his thoughts, Durandal looks up at his Master Nikos, and speaks. "Thank you Master for letting us accompany you to the Senate Chamber, it was an illuminating experience."

  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "It usually is, if nothing else it shows how long a sentient can speak without saying anything." Nikos smiles, "But it is always good to know what the Senate votes, especially given recent events."

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The speeder zipped through the air-lanes as a tiny speck of the Living Force that the jedi could feel thrumming on Coruscant. The most populated world in the galaxy made large vibrations in the Force - it made some jedi uncomfortable to stay on-planet for extended periods of time. For others, it was a soothing background fuzz that helped them center themselves.

    About fifteen minutes later and the jedi are disembarking the speeder on one of the Temple's landing pads; a jedi knight is already there to greet them.

    "Well well, Master Nikos, I didn't expect it was you who they wanted to see so urgently!"

    "It's good to see you too Castin. And... they?"

    Castin Trayne laughed. "The only 'they' that matters. The High Council want to see you and your apprentices personally."

    Adi couldn't suppress a whistle.

    Trayne shrugged. "You know, I don't know what all of the hubbub is about. Maybe I've been out of the loop what with all the missions lately, but, ah, trust in the Force and all that."

    Nikos mmmed thoughtfully. A few moments later and the four were exiting the turbolift in front of the lobby of the High Council chambers. A few jedi were already assembled there, and friendly greetings were exchanged.

    Trayne nodded. "Well, after the council has its words with you, drop by the mess Nikos. I have a favor I'd like to ask of you, and if you end up going out into the field I think you can help me. May the Force be with you."

    He stepped into the turbolift which zipped away.

    After a few moments of hushed conversation in the lobby, the door opened and a jedi exited the chamber. He said nothing, simply entered one of the lifts. Before the doors closed, he sighed... and then was off.

    "Master Nikos, Adi, Durandal; please enter the chamber," called a female voice.

    The three entered, the council chamber's door closing behind them. Nikos had been in here a few times, but always at the side of his master... his master who now sits on the council in front of him. He looked for a sign, anything, present in the face of Master Lonna Vash, but his old master's face was carefully masked with a neutral expression.

    Jedi Master Atris broke the silence. "Master Nikos. You as much as any jedi here know that current politics are," Atris paused, choosing her words carefully, "delicate."

    "Yes, master Atris. We just came from the Senate chambers, and things seem to be mounting to a head."

    Master Vrook nodded. "Hmmm, yes, we've felt the Force subtly change on Coruscant these last few months. There is worry and doubt in the air; much fear can we sense."

    Master Vandar cleared his throat. "Yes, much fear indeed. But that is not the topic of our discussion here today, however relevant or unsettling it may be. Master Nikos, please give us a full report of the Senate proceedings."

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nikos takes a moment to gather his thoughts before giving his report.

    "The Senate has voted against sending the Fleet outside the Republic's borders to attack the Mandolarian raiders. It seems likely that they will not act unless a Republic world is attacked in force. Although most did not speak or spoke against the resolution, Senator Tardan of Corellia strongly advocated a Fleet action."

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The council pondered this for a few moments. Master Zez-kai Ell was the first to speak. "As unfortunate as the situation may be on the Outer Rim, the Senate's decision is the correct one. There are many systems who would see Republic fleet movement as a sign of aggression and respond accordingly."

    Master Lonna Vash nodded, finally speaking. "I agree. No doubt everyone here on this council remembers the conflict with Exar Kun... only now are we beginning to recover. The galaxy is not ready for another war, not this soon."

    Vandar spoke again. "True. Is this all you have to report, Master Nikos?"

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "That is all. The only other matter the Senate voted on today was to accept the planet Taris as a Republic member."

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Vrook spoke. "Oh? That is news indeed."

    "It is the will of the Force, I think," said Vandar.

    "Indeed. We have been keeping our eye on Taris for quite awhile. It is no coincidence. The Force around that planet is clouded, its fate is uncertain," said master Vrook, pausing a moment. "Which brings us to the assignment of your next mission."

    Nikos was surprised. "A mission, master? I am not sure my padawans are ready for trials in the field..."

    "These are troubled times Nikos, and experience is a good teacher," said master Vash with a smile. "You are a fine Jedi Knight but your experience in the field is limited in comparison to your peers."

    "I agree. Take your padawans to the praxeum on Taris. Keep your eyes and ears open to Tarisian politics, and keep us apprised with weekly reports," said master Kavar. "That is all. May the Force be with you."

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "... Very well. Then we will depart immediately." Nikos bows to the Council, turns and leaves the chamber. Turning to Adi and Durandal he says, "We need to make arrangements for travel to Taris. And I would like to speak to Master Trayne before we depart."

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Durandal nodded. "I think Adi and I can handle the arrangements while you go and speak to master Trayne."

    Nikos nodded, and in ten minutes he found himself in the mess hall. Several members of the order were here enjoying the simple, nutritious meals provided by a sect of the AgriCorps. Nikos spotted Trayne sitting at one of the tables examining a datapad in between bites of some kind of steamed dough.

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nikos walks up to the table and says, "This seat taken?" Sitting down across from Trayne, Nikos waits for him to finish his steamed dough.

    "So what's that favor you wanted to ask? By the way, you were right, the Council did give me and my students a mission in the field."

    steam_sig.png
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Durandal's thoughts swirl at the news of a mission. The Force clouded? And we are to go there? Taris is just barely becoming a member of the Republic.

    As Master Nikos left to speak with Master Trayne, Durandal looks at Adi and asks. "Shall we go and make the arrangements?"

    He waits for her answer before continuing.

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "That's what I thought. Things are stirring up, my friend, make no mistake. Where are you assigned?"

    "Taris."

    Trayne nodded. "So it is true. I'd heard a rumor that Taris was getting folded into the Republic."

    "The resolution was passed today. Now what about that favor?"

    "Well," Trayne paused, putting his datapad down, "I'm conducting an investigation on behalf of the council. A group of us are trying to assess the strength of the Mandalorians."

    "But Castin, the council is with the Senate in their decision not to provoke the Mandalorians..."

    "Who's provoking? I said investigating, not antagonizing. Myself and a few others have been assigned to compile as much information on the Mandalorians as possible. Logistics, military strategy, things like that. War is coming and we need every edge we can get. Fortuitous that you've been assigned out to Taris... it's one of the border worlds on the Rim."

    "Interesting. I must confess I don't know much about it."

    "Well," Trayne said, picking up his datapad and fiddling with it a little, "the database says it's fairly cosmopolitan for being so far off of the main spaceways. What I'm asking you to do is compile a detailed logistics report on Taris when you get there. Economic strengths, politicians, social strata, resource centers... things that would help against the Mandalorians when the time comes."

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Yeah, let's go get ready."

    Heading for the door, Adi glanced over at her shoulder at Durandal.

    "Do you know anything about Taris? I've only heard the name in passing before today."

  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "I think I could do that. This report and any other communications necessary would be sent to you, I assume."

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Yes. Try to get it to me within a month of your arrival if at all possible."

    Trayne stood up, having finished his meal. "Take care, Nikos. May the Force be with you."

    He turned to exit the mess.

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "And may the Force be with you, as well." As Trayne leaves, Nikos gets up from his seat and goes to find Adi and Durandal.

    However, as he walks through the halls of the temple, an idea strikes him. If he and his students are getting sent to Taris, it would be helpful to learn as much as possible about the planet.

    steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nikos exits the Archives muttering to himself, "Hmph, I had hoped there would be more information. Then again, a lack of current information is the reaon we are getting sent there in the first place."

    Chuckling to himself, he again sets out in search of his two padawans.

    steam_sig.png
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    As he accompanies Adi in search of the space port, Durandal answers her question to the best of his ability. “Taris? Hmm not really, just that it is a world on the outer rim, and I guess that they are joining the Republic.”

    He pauses for a moment then continues, “Oh, I think they have a Jedi academy, but I’m not sure.” He shrugs then adds, “Like I said not much.”

  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi frowns slightly. "I don't like going somewhere that I know nothing about. Perhaps Master Nikos knows more?"
    She shrugs as they approach the spaceport. "Well, let's find who's headed to Taris."

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi and Durandal take a short ride to one of the Republic Navy-controlled spaceports and immediately get in contact with one of the flight coordinators. Being members of the Jedi Order, it is no trouble for them to get a spot on the next cruiser en route to Taris, the Valiant, which will be embarking in three cycles.

    --

    Three days passed uneventfully, and on the third morning the Jedi boarded the cruiser for Taris.

    --

    Two months passed in hyperspace. Thankfully, the ship was large enough that everyone on board was able to find some sort of amusement to keep themselves from going stir-crazy. By the end of the journey even the Jedi's patience was slightly frayed, and they were anxious to get on solid ground again.

    The ship dropped into realspace just outside of Taris' orbit, and the Jedi knights were watching as the stars slowed down from iridescent blue lines into familiar white specks. Three other Republic cruisers dropped into realspace right after them around the planet. After a few moments the comm clicked on.

    "This is Captain Dreiken. We've reached Taris and will maintain orbit. All those crew with granted shore leave and other passengers please report to one of the shuttle bays."

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The three jedi reported to a private shuttle bay set aside for their use specifically, greeted by a small crew performing maintenance on a shuttle.

    "Everything is almost ready for your departure, master Jedi. We should be ready to leave in five minutes."

    Nikos nodded, and after five minutes the Jedi were on board and the shuttle was going through the start-up procedures. With a hum of the engines, the bay doors opened, exposing the shuttle to the stars.

    The shuttle lifted off and passed through the magcon field, beginning its descent towards Taris. After a smooth entry, the Jedi were greeted with the sight of Taris' ecumenopolis; the architecture was pleasing to the eye, the skyline making extensive use of circular patterns. This gave the buildings a rounded, soft appearance, and from the air the oceans were a crystal blue.

    --

    The shuttle landed a short time later at the praxeum's landing pad, and the boarding ramp lowered with a hiss.

    As Nikos and his padawans stepped down the ramp, the doors to the praxeum proper opened. Three jedi approached, and the leader stepped forward, a man with cropped blond hair and piercing gray eyes.

    "Greetings. You must be Master Dal... and these are your padawans? Indeed. I am Lucien Draay, headmaster of this Praxeum."

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Following the long stay on the Cruiser as they made their way to Taris, Durandal was growing more and more excited. He was trying his best to contain his excitement, to focu himself, and maintain compusre. He follows Master Nikos off the shuttle, trying his best avoid staring or sightseeing.

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nikos nodded. "Yes, these are my apprentices Adi and Durandal."

    Lucien turned around and the three Jedi began to walk back towards the praxeum... and the newcomers immediately got the hint and began to follow.

    "We were sent here by the High Council - " Nikos began. Lucien stopped, looking over his shoulder, his gray eyes staring right into Nikos'.

    "Yes. I know why you are here. We have prepared some empty rooms for you to stay in, but let me say this: we do not appreciate the idea of outsiders meddling with academy business. You are Jedi and we welcome you as brothers in the Order, but this is our Academy and we do things differently here. We appreciate the help, but you are a long way from Coruscant, and out here you must answer to me."

    Nikos was left a little stunned. He wasn't used to such a brash demeanor from a fellow Jedi. He simply nodded, looking uncertainly to his two padawans. The door to the academy opened and Lucien motioned for them to follow again.

    After some quick introduction to some of the other ranking Masters of the Taris Academy, Nikos, Adi, and Durandal were shown to a spare room with three simple beds and other basic amenities such as a holoprojector, a console, and a 'fresher.

    "Feel free to roam the temple at your leisure, friends," said the Jedi in the doorway of their room. "Just be sure not to disturb anyone. Also, if you venture into the city try to stick to the upper levels. As humans, ah, well... the Jedi aren't popular with the non-human populace already. May the Force be with you," he says before bowing and leaving.

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nicos echoes the departing Jedi's "May the Force be with you." Then continues, "Here we are on Taris. And already this is getting interesting, non-humans don't like humans in general and jedi in particular."

    "I wonder why that is? Seems the best way to get answers is go ask questions, perhaps walking the upper levels could yield the answer."

    He turns to Adi and Durandal and asks, "Unless either of you have any ideas?"

    steam_sig.png
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi shrugs. "I doubt we'll change their opinion, Master Nikos. We shouldn't let it interfere with our duty."

  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "I wouldn't presume that the three of us could change an opinion that appears this ingrained, but if we are to accomplish our mission. That is, to produce an accurate report of the political situation on-planet. Wouldn't it be a good idea to include the friction between humans and non-humans and the reason for it?"

    steam_sig.png
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi looked at Master Nikos for a moment. "I suppose you are right, Master Nikos. I sense that it may be worse than Master Lucien implied, however. I recommend caution."

  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Durandal frowns ever so slightly at the local Jedi's words. When the three of them are finally alone he mutters, "This feels odd."

    Looking to the others as they discuss the next course of action he nods his head once. "I agree Master, we should see if we can discover the cause of the friction." He looks away, with an introspective look upon his face before continuing, "It does not appear that the academy here is trying very hard to fix this problem, they do not even seem to care for us." He stops himself, and hastily adds, "Pardon me Master, it is not my place to air such feelings."

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "No, Durandal, discussion is always permitted. But I can see Master Lucien's concern... this place is small and secluded and they're not used to outsiders. We should see how they do things around here before we pass any judgment. As to racial friction... well, I have my ideas."

    --

    The three jedi spent the next three days integrating themselves into the Taris praxeum and getting familiar with the other members of the academy. Everyone was accepting, though the masters tended to be a little withdrawn and curt, especially Lucien. They all seemed distracted.

    After taking a meal, Nikos walked into the main hall, looking around. Spotting Lucien and his padawan Zayne enter the academy, he made his way over. There were things niggling at Nikos conscience, and he didn't like it at all.

    "Master Draay, Zayne. Sorry to disturb you, but I have a few questions."

    Lucien looked at Zayne and then back to Nikos. "Very well. We'll speak in my chambers."

    A few moments later and Nikos was sitting on a pillow across from Lucien and Zayne. "It's been troubling me, a warning master Feln gave us. He mentioned sticking to the upper levels?"

    Zayne nodded. "Yeah, the people on the lower-levels are poor non-humans, locked out of the upper levels."

    Lucien fixed Zayne with a hard stare. "Mind your place, padawan."

    "Sorry, master."

    Lucien sighed. "As impulsive as Zayne is sometimes, he is right. The wealth is centered on the upper levels, held by humans, who fear the poor and keep them out of the upper city."

    Nikos looked at them for a moment. "Why is this allowed? Taris is a member of the Republic now, and backwater elitist views aren't accepted - "

    Lucien leaned forward. "Are you telling me how to run my academy, Nikos Dal? There is nothing we can do. We are short-staffed and the lower levels are dangerous. Jedi can be killed, and I can't risk any of my staff to make trips into the lower levels that are doomed before they start. We can only patrol the upper levels reliably."

    Nikos was taken aback. Too dangerous? Risk the staff? He wanted to say that the will of the Force was above any one Jedi, but stopped himself. This is Lucien's academy. He runs it how he runs it.

    "Very well then, Master Draay," said Nikos, choosing his words carefully. "I am sorry to have wasted your time."

    Nikos stood up and exited the room. Lucien watched him leave, and Zayne looked to his master.

    Meanwhile...

    "You heard master Nikos. He has ideas. You know as well as I do that he's never going to give us an order. He wants us to figure it out ourselves. Remember that time on Antaal II, when we were chasing those Bith smugglers? Same thing," said Adi, striding down one of the thoroughfares of Taris' upper city.

    "I don't know, Adi," said Durandal, looking around at the city as they walked, "I just don't feel comfortable not telling him where we were going is all. You heard Master Feln. We're human Jedi, and we could be taking unnecessary risks going down there."

    "Oh, come on, it's obvious that there's something no one's telling us. Can't you feel the Force? There's a lot of anger and resentment below this city. Maybe we can go down there and ease some of that tension."

    Durandal sighed. "Fine. Let's not stay down there too long though."

    "Of course not."

    Adi and Durandal reached the end of the thoroughfare, arriving at one of the many lifts scattered around Taris. Four heavily armed guards flanked both sides of the door. "Halt. What's your business going into the lower levels?"

    Adi stepped forward. "Jedi business," she said, pulling back her robes to reveal the lightsaber at her side. "I'm Adi Fang, and this is Durandal Strax. We're newly assigned to the planet and want to get an idea of the situation in the lower levels."

    The guards looked at each other. "Well," said the leader, "it's your funeral." Stepping aside, they pressed the button and the lift doors opened. Adi and Durandal boarded, the doors closed, and the lift shot downwards into the bowels of Taris City.

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The doors opened, and the two padawans stepped out into the hallways of the lower levels. Two more armed guards stood at the lift doors, nodding politely to Adi and Durandal as they stepped into some sort of pseudo-lobby. Several species of non-human walked through the makeshift lobby, shooting the guards (as well as the two Jedi) dirty looks.

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi looked around, pulling the hood of her robes up and motioning for Durandal to do the same. "Come on," she whispered, and the two padawans set off down one of the large corridors. Plenty of twi'leks, rodians and duros walked with them and passed them as they moved down the hallway. A couple protocol droids clampered by now and again.

    The two jedi could feel the pent-up anger down here. Not of the dark side, persay, but negative emotions permeated the halls and followed the organics that walked through them. It was like being in a fog-bank, to the jedi; it didn't stunt their sense of the living Force, but everything seemed muted.

    Look at this place... are we really on the same planet? Durandal thought to himself. Everything on the upper levels is so clean... and everything down here is so dirty... no wonder there's such anger.

    "Adi, can you - "

    "Shh," Adi whispered, "We're being followed."

    "What? Are you sure?"

    "Don't look. Reach out with the Force, there's six of them."

    Durandal did so, and he could feel the six sentients trailing them. There was a perceptible ill-intent covering them. "What do you propose?"

    "Need to find somewhere to hide," whispered Adi, scanning around. She spotted a side-corridor.

    "Right here, go!" Adi ducked into the side hallway, Durandal close behind. Both padawans pulled their sabers from their belt and ran.

    A few moments later...

    "Meecha poola waati mo'kwee na?" called out a voice. The language sounded familiar... and after a moment they placed it. Rodian.

    From the shadows inside the small maintenance area, Adi and Durandal could hear the six thugs a few meters away from them. Peering outside, Adi could barely catch a glimpse of what appeared to be the leader - a Rodian directing the other five. They appeared to be armed with blasters.
    Spoiler:

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Rodian stood in the middle of the space, directing his thugs to search the area. Incompetents! Find the Jedi! He waved his blaster at one of them, so very tempted to pull the trigger.
    Then the blaster flew out of his hand! Just like a bird! His head tracked the trajectory of the weapon, bulbous eyes bulging even more as he saw where it was.

    Adi leaned against the wall of the shed, spinning the pistol around her finger, her other hand holding her electric-blue lightsaber.
    "Looking for this, schutta?"
    Spoiler:

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Rodian squealed in anger. "Puchi tooka human jeedai!" he said, reaching into the thug's holster next to him and pulling out the blaster pistol. He fired a haphazard shot, which Adi batted away effortlessly. "Puchi tooka! Puchi tooka!"

    The Duros thugs around him blinked, each caught a little off-guard by the sudden burst of fire.
    Spoiler:

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Durandal whispers “Don’t suppose they would be willing to settle this civilly?” Only to witness Adi’s quick thinking in disarming the apparent ringleader of this small group of thugs, and the thug leader’s reaction to said disarming. “Guess not.”

    Durandal calls upon the Force, leaping through the door frame over Adi’s head, his fingers brush the upper frame of the door, guiding his flight into a graceful spin avoiding her lit saber. His beautiful flight ends as he lands softly upon the harsh metal floor, his lightsaber igniting, he his away and in a blink it is over.

    Standing before the startled Rodian, standing as if he had just attacked it is a moment before the thugs realize what has happened; a moment before Durandal realizes that he had just missed the blaster pistol, as the thug boss managed to react quick enough to avoid the strike.

    Smoothly flowing from his previous attack into a stance ready to defend himself if need be, Durandal attempts to hide his embarrassment as he calmly intones, “this is not a fight you want.”
    Spoiler:

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yanking back his pistol at the last second, the Rodian snarls, making an obnoxious squeaking noise accompanied by a taunt.

    "Meecha wunta human jeedai! Bantha poodoo!"

    Pointing at Durandal with a bulbous finger he issued a command to his thugs.

    "Puchi tooka nii!"

    In a flash of a second, blaster fire illuminated the corridor. Durandal and Adi deflected the bolts harmlessly, but they weren't expecting such an onslaught. A bead of sweat trickled down Adi's brow. One of the thugs during the fracas backed up to a pile of junk a little down the alleyway, where he picked up a discarded pipe.

    "We kill you for trespassing on Black Vulkar territory, mezza humei Yedei!" one of the Duros sneered.
    Spoiler:

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RainfallRainfall Don't lose your WAAAAAAAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Adi spun around the corner of the building, wincing as one of the blaster bolts came a little too close for comfort. She rolled across the ground to face one of the thugs, her lightsaber flashing out in an almost-lethal strike, a deep burn cut across his chest.
    Spoiler:

  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Rodian snarled as Adi rolled to the side and nearly cut one of the Duros in half. He stepped backwards, ripping a commlink from his belt.

    "Meecha wunti dakka Jeedai! Tii runta mokri!" he shouted into it.
    Spoiler:

    Player of Batgirl, Gotham Knights
    GM of Monsterhearts: Blackwood
  • RyuujinRyuujin Registered User
    edited May 2008
    Having come to the conclusion that only a true show of force will stop the thugs, Durandal lashes out with his lightsaber as the rodian moves to use its comlink.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.