As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Orgasm

• Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really wouldn't mind my own death. Only that of others close.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A month ago, two days before mother's day, my grandma passed.

Friday, two days before father's day, my grandfather passed.

Apparently, because we're now regulars at the funeral home, we get a discount.
    What the fuck.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think I have a breast cancer

Dadouw on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dadouw wrote: »
    I think I have a breast cancer

have a lump on your chest?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Berk wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    i believe that when we die our souls are thrown towards the edge of the universe, a journey of many thousands of years through the bitterest cold that there is

and when we reach the end, we spend the rest of eternity writhing in torment as extradimensional beasts rip us to shreds and scatter our parts across the vast universe again

feelsgoodman-1.gif

berk, what the hell is this goofy frog type thing?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    i believe that when we die our souls are thrown towards the edge of the universe, a journey of many thousands of years through the bitterest cold that there is

and when we reach the end, we spend the rest of eternity writhing in torment as extradimensional beasts rip us to shreds and scatter our parts across the vast universe again

feelsgoodman-1.gif

face4.png

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    as neat as Discworld Death is, he ain't got nothin' on Death of the Endless

death.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

feelsgoodman-1.gif

face4.png
    is this something that originated in SE, or am I missing something?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

feelsgoodman-1.gif

face4.png
    is this something that originated in SE, or am I missing something?

cooldude2.gif

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    God anything from that comic makes me vomit a little.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Veretas wrote: »

barfo.gif

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

barf2.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    so it is from a comic
    is it a furry rape comic with muppets characters or something?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is it the key to a Templar conspiracy?

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

dealwithit.gif

edit: oh nooo where's the transparent version

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love you all

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008

dealwithit.gif

whoopos.gif

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

dealwithit.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Please tell me what is happening.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I feel like I'm moving further away from the computer screen

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Worst thread ever.

Negative one star.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    3snappopumbrella.jpg

questions22.gif

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright, back on topic...

It would be neat if reincarnation were a part of my religion. I mean, its an incredible motivator to be a good person because in the next life you could be a chicken or a cockroach. Or you could be a movie star or a billion dollar business man. Considering the only thing we have to compare life to is...well, life, I think it would have a greater impact on how people live their lives instead of knowing that being an asshole is okay as long as you believe in God. Not that I'm trying to bash Christianity (I am a Christian), but people really abuse it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

smoke5.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    3snappopumbrella.jpg

questions22.gif
    None that I would dare ask for fear of getting an answer.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    weiner.png

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I really love C.S. Lewis' book The Great Divorce for the way it presents death and the afterlife.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I liked Greg the Grim Reaper

now I want to play Conkers bad fur day

Oden on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

It would be neat if reincarnation were a part of my religion. I mean, its an incredible motivator to be a good person because in the next life you could be a chicken or a cockroach. Or you could be a movie star or a billion dollar business man. Considering the only thing we have to compare life to is...well, life, I think it would have a greater impact on how people live their lives instead of knowing that being an asshole is okay as long as you believe in God. Not that I'm trying to bash Christianity (I am a Christian), but people really abuse it.

A lot of people say that, but it is completely foreign to Christianity.

The phrase "believe in" has two distinct meanings in English. If I say I "believe in" unicorns, I'm saying that I believe unicorns exist. If, however, I say I "believe in" a person, I'm saying that a trust a person absolutely. The former is what people normally mean in this context, but "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." (James 2:18-20). The latter meaning is synonymous with "faith" and is what is meant in John 3:16 and other often-quoted passages.

Second, if you're an asshole, you probably need to reexamine your faith. Christian faith leads, eventually, to Christian behavior. If you aren't showing the latter, you need to work on the former. You'll always fail to a degree just by being human, but if you're an absolute unrepentant dick you probably don't take the whole Jesus thing very seriously on a deep level.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I really love C.S. Lewis' book The Great Divorce for the way it presents death and the afterlife.

Lewis was a closet sci-fi nerd.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    grim_reaper_300.gif
    it was the best show

Robcham on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

He totally was.

That's why he tried to convince Tolkien to write a time travel story.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

He totally was.

That's why he tried to convince Tolkien to write a time travel story.

I'd never heard that. It would have been glorious.

Apparently he was disappointed that The Screwtape Letters was so popular, because he thought it was one of his inferior works and it wound up out-shining his favorite, Perelandra, by quite a bit. For those that don't know, Perelandra is a self-described "Fairy tale for grown-ups", and the first part of his Space Trilogy. Think Chronicles of Narnia in space and you won't be too far off.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

A lot of people say that, but it is completely foreign to Christianity.

The phrase "believe in" has two distinct meanings in English. If I say I "believe in" unicorns, I'm saying that I believe unicorns exist. If, however, I say I "believe in" a person, I'm saying that a trust a person absolutely. The former is what people normally mean in this context, but "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." (James 2:18-20). The latter meaning is synonymous with "faith" and is what is meant in John 3:16 and other often-quoted passages.

Second, if you're an asshole, you probably need to reexamine your faith. Christian faith leads, eventually, to Christian behavior. If you aren't showing the latter, you need to work on the former. You'll always fail to a degree just by being human, but if you're an absolute unrepentant dick you probably don't take the whole Jesus thing very seriously on a deep level.

I wholeheartedly agree. But if people actually expect to get into heaven that way...well, I think reincarnation would have a stronger impact. You reap what you sow.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You don't have to explain it to me, dude. I own the whole Space Trilogy. I love it so much.

Also, regarding Tolkien, from the C.S. Lewis wiki page:
    His Space Trilogy or Ransom Trilogy novels (also called the Cosmic Trilogy) dealt with what Lewis saw as the then-current dehumanizing trends in modern science fiction. The first book, Out of the Silent Planet, was apparently written following a conversation with his friend J. R. R. Tolkien about these trends; Lewis agreed to write a "space travel" story and Tolkien a "time travel" one. Tolkien’s story, "The Lost Road", a tale connecting his Middle-earth mythology and the modern world, was never completed. Lewis’s main character of Ransom is based in part on Tolkien, a fact that Tolkien himself alludes to in his Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien. The second novel, Perelandra, illustrates a new Garden of Eden, a new Adam and Eve, and a new "serpent figure" to tempt them. The story can be seen as a hypothesis of what could have happened if "our Eve" had resisted more firmly the temptation of the serpent. The last novel in the Trilogy, That Hideous Strength, also contains numerous references to Tolkien's fictional universe of Middle-earth. Many of the ideas presented in the books, particularly in That Hideous Strength, are dramatizations of arguments made more formally in Lewis’ The Abolition of Man.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You reap what you sow.

you mean Sew

Sow is a lady pig

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You don't have to explain it to me, dude. I own the whole Space Trilogy. I love it so much.

Also, regarding Tolkien, from the C.S. Lewis wiki page:
    His Space Trilogy or Ransom Trilogy novels (also called the Cosmic Trilogy) dealt with what Lewis saw as the then-current dehumanizing trends in modern science fiction. The first book, Out of the Silent Planet, was apparently written following a conversation with his friend J. R. R. Tolkien about these trends; Lewis agreed to write a "space travel" story and Tolkien a "time travel" one. Tolkien’s story, "The Lost Road", a tale connecting his Middle-earth mythology and the modern world, was never completed. Lewis’s main character of Ransom is based in part on Tolkien, a fact that Tolkien himself alludes to in his Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien. The second novel, Perelandra, illustrates a new Garden of Eden, a new Adam and Eve, and a new "serpent figure" to tempt them. The story can be seen as a hypothesis of what could have happened if "our Eve" had resisted more firmly the temptation of the serpent. The last novel in the Trilogy, That Hideous Strength, also contains numerous references to Tolkien's fictional universe of Middle-earth. Many of the ideas presented in the books, particularly in That Hideous Strength, are dramatizations of arguments made more formally in Lewis’ The Abolition of Man.

I figured you would, but it's not polite to create relatively exclusive conversations on a public message board. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?

I liked That Hideous Strength best out of the trilogy, mostly because it was so ridiculous. It made sense in a way, and was very coherent if you read it just for the allegory, but
    a secret society trying to take over the world by putting brains in jars and paving over everything but this old dude with a fancy house who met angels in space is going to stop them then Merlin shows up and things get weird

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    You reap what you sow.

you mean Sew

Sow is a lady pig

I wasn't sure so I went with sow

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options