Options

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm glad that they fixed the whole "spy getting stuck in players when they remove their disguise" bug.

I've had that happen to me so many times, and usually with something like a pyro so I don't have a chance at living.

Slicer on
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sueve wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

They added back the drop off in the update.

Nooooooooooooo

Fixed backburner's flame critical hits not being recalculated after collision. This meant that it would check if the target was looking away once and after that the flame could score a critical hit again even if the orientation changed

Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack

Fixed bug that caused Demomen to take a small amount of extra damage from their own grenades and fly farther using them

Fixed spy getting stuck in players after removing his disguise

Fixed spy stabbing and being able to go invisible instantly

Fixed spy disguised as enemy medic being able to spam voice commands

Fixed buffed health not decaying properly after being healed by a dispenser

Selectable menus can now be operated with number keys even if they are not bound to slot1, slot2, etc.

Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)

Fixed a buildable item placement bug where the object would not rotate after the user tried to place in an invalid location

Sounds like an awesome update to me. Getting stuck in people as a spy was maddening and rebinding the weapon keys made made making menu selections very awkward.

Huzzah!

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    who in the frick lives in the new york area? hey you, littleboots, and myself are trying to get you fucks to come drink with us so please....pm us or just friggin say "hey dude i wanna get drunk and possibly maybe probably not talk a little TF2 at a bar like, totally"

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SpazMuffin wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    SpazMuffin wrote: »
    The problem happens whenever I play two or more games after another. I'll try this out and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

No problem. When I first got the game, I would get that error every time I tried to play. I know how frustrating it is.
    I'm pretty sure I followed the directions as posted, and even when giving it the max amount suggested, once again I was dropped. Though I think it made a difference. Before, once the little warning popped up, it stayed there and it was just a matter of time. After the change it would pop up then go away for a while. Unfortunately it dropped me when I was in a really good game and doing a pretty good job defending with a demoman. I'm probably asking too much of my school laptop but it's all I got for now. Would turning down any visual settings help this or is it just about background processes taking up too much memory?

Hmm. I'm not really sure what else to do. You could try turning some settings down, or disabling some unneeded processes to see if it helps. Maybe shoot an email to tech support?

Good luck, man. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Pyro nerf is no big deal, it was probably justified. The damage falls off to roughly 75% at max range now. And I don't care about the Backburner since I don't use it. Hopefully the QQing will stop now.

Zek on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Really if having the drop off removed made you a dramatically better pyro, then you were doing it wrong.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Duldumdum wrote: »
    I quit heavy because I was so depressed over Luny. Then Mandalore left me then I just SAID FORGET IT.

I did not "leave". My computer blew up and there is problem after problem putting it back together.

Hopefully it'll be ready by the update, Duldumbledork.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Really if having the drop off removed made you a dramatically better pyro, then you were doing it wrong.

? It was a pretty substantial buff, whether or not you're ambushing, people run to the outer reach of the flames all the time. And it's easier to hit people on the tip because the size of the flame grows in a cone.

Zek on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tonight was fun guys. I need to get a laptop soon so I can play it in the comfort of my own home instead of at a LAN Center.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I mean its implied that you were bad before, because I hate you.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i love both blind and zek. my god STOP FIGHTING

tyrannus on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I do best as heavy after spending some time playing medic. They're just a great one two to get into gear.

So much blood tonight.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I kicked ass at pyro before any updates. So ha!

But being made into a lesser god is a little sad...

Sueve on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Why must you dance on heavy's head?

Hydro it is so confusing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Basil wrote: »

I once jumped of the tower in bandlands and landed on a heavy's head. I slowly shotgunned him to death as he spun around.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Basil wrote: »

Playing Hydro Spy is so easy because there at least 5 spots that even when people are running around, you can decloak and stab heads.

Verticals, Stairs etc are great for spy because of the perspective issues.

Sueve on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Except when you have Flippy and two other snipers and an army of pyros watching that ONE choke point.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    next time I do an sm_votekick tyrannus I wanna see a higher % next time, magets.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If we vote kick you, will you keep the time bomb on?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    God, things like tonight make me wish I could play Sniper or Spy worth a damn. Seemed like every time I started to get on a roll, Boom, headshot! or shanked in the back.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I thought you did fairly well, aside from the tendency to get blown straight to hell at random.

I only managed a krunktacular showing on demobowl because there were three medics* on my team. Double ubers are great.

*Also I absolutely adore you guys, keep that healin' coming, I'll make your score shine. I'll make it SHINE LIKE A SHINY THING. DA DA DA DA DADA! RUN, COWA- I think of you I want to know, where is the place we used to go? I feel like I have been away, just thinking of you makes me say: Hey, hey, Daisy May, where are you now? I'm coming to stay! Lanana da da dada, lanana da da!:whistle: <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sorry guys I haven't been on lately. My basement has a flea infestation and its driving me nuts.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some cool pics, I think.
    kingmooislookinggood.jpg
    This ones only funny if you imagine that the pyro is a tiny man.
    dualedgeislookinggood.jpg
    Coolest Spy Pic ever? Yes.

artoo on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am really enjoying this game a lot more lately. Trying all the classes until I find one I want to stick with.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my intelligence and awesomeness in this game have gone down since i just started to focus on only trying to sneak hadooken any sniper or heavy i see

Barcardi on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh boy, I finally have time to play TF2 again. I haven't played since release, I'm going to get my ass kicked aren't I? :P

And it sounds like I'll have to find a new favorite class, since the pyro is no longer the underdog.

Fats on
  • Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Good news everyone!

Heavy will be updated next.

Will they touch Sasha?

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just give him a no-zoom, 5-second-charge railgun that makes him immobile while using but allows him to stay out of harm's way, making the heavy viable without the need for a medic.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, I am apparently a surgeon with the flare gun. I think I missed all of three times in three maps tonight. That'll show you prick demos and medics a thing or two about running away and trying to evade the fire and flames.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    BlzbobBlzbob Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    Have not played FPS on a PC since WOW came out but I bought this today ( actually, I bought this when it came out for the 360 but mine is in the shop again ).

I play as bob_668. Should be a pretty easy kill while I relearn aiming with a mouse.

Blzbob on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Good news everyone!

Heavy will be updated next.

Will they touch Sasha?

Welcome to five pages ago, loser!
    <3

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Probably a better place for this but, who can I talk to about a Hammer thingy?

artoo on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got this during our zombie fun earlier:
    firefistetc.jpg

iowa on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    give the heavy a workout machine so he can work out and be so slowwwwwwwwwwwww

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    300 ping

Sniper

5 v. 5

PA server is winding down

One Life: 9 Kills, 6 headshots, 3 Kukri

3 Captures

2 Dominations.

I'm sad the best I've ever played Tf2 was right after dicking around as a Zombie Heavy.

Sueve on
  • Options
    ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there a website that has readouts of the damge of each weapon?

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Also, I am apparently a surgeon with the flare gun. I think I missed all of three times in three maps tonight. That'll show you prick demos and medics a thing or two about running away and trying to evade the fire and flames.

I killed at least 4 people on Goldrush with the flares. And that's from the shot itself, not the ensuing fire damage. I don't know how many died to the flames.

I was particularly happy about sniping the Heavy all the way across the map and imagining the camera zoom reeeeeeaaaally far to show a crouched Pyro, instead of the expected sniper.

Mars on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Children wrote: »
    Is there a website that has readouts of the damge of each weapon?

There should be a damage chart in each article.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man I was on fire last night.
    And then the server crashed and everybody left :|

Anyway;
    Fixed spy getting stuck in players after removing his disguise
    That should be good news, but ever since they claimed they lessened the false crits and the disguise lag and it didn't make any difference at all I'm a little wary.

Oh and I'm thinking maybe I should revise my opinion of fastlane, maybe it was just the way the teams were balanced but that final round last night was one of the most exciting matches I've played in a long time.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I am so late to the TF2 party. I've had it since release but it's only recently I've had a gaming computer that can play maps other than 2fort. :)

Loving it.

W2 on
This discussion has been closed.