As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins Thread - Tell us what you liked/disliked!

• Options
    Buddha1090Buddha1090 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    where can we pick up our badges on Friday morning?

Buddha1090 on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's not been decided yet, but the most likely place is in the Sheraton lobby.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    I'll add it to the list of safe zones for players. Thanks for playing!

Hooray for giving our Omeganauts active camo xP

But if you shake the controller do they lose it during cutscenes?

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Working on the rule sheets that will be distributed with the kits. When I'm done with it I'll post it on here and on the site so you guys can help me make them as clear as possible.

Made some changes to the cards, adding an area that will display the color of the symbol for anyone who may have some trouble distinguishing colors. This new demo also shows the Secondary Tier code. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    assassin_demo.png

Edit: 53 signed up!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Glad you added the word on there for anyone who is colorblind.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looks good, Mars.
    Can't wait to start shanking peoples.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We are still able to pick things up at the dinner (which is safe I assume), correct?

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes, the dinner will be a pick up point.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Err... I have a question, being as everyone knows exactly where I am during Omeganaut rounds, is there a "no killing me there" clause? >.>
    remember that we won't know who our targets are, just the shapes on their target badge.

[edit] donated! btw, why is the max donation $25? i was gonna give $50, but i guess you don't need it....

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks man! I thought about putting it as an option but figured that was a little pricey after doing some math on the cost per player.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks man! I thought about putting it as an option but figured that was a little pricey after doing some math on the cost per player.

you ever gonna clue us into what your actual cost is?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Whytmage wrote: »
    We are still able to pick things up at the dinner (which is safe I assume), correct?

Of course it's safe... The game doesnt start till the opening of PAX on friday :)

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Of course it's safe... The game doesnt start till the opening of PAX on friday :)

so all of us that will be waiting in line together will suddenly have to assasinate each other when the doors open. unless we can have a clause where the game doesn't start until you walk through the doors of PAX.

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Or maybe even a 30 minute buffer period, so we are spread out through the place already...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    or don't wait in line, wait outside the line... [evil]or don't.[/evil]

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    or don't wait in line, wait outside the line... [evil]or don't.[/evil]

but the BYOC people get there early...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Registered, yo! Glad to see you doing even MORE awesome crap at PAX. Personally, from all I have read, this is quite the excellent set up! Can't wait to get some of that action.

Officer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Registered, yo! Glad to see you doing even MORE awesome crap at PAX. Personally, from all I have read, this is quite the excellent set up! Can't wait to get some of that action.
    Good to have you back, man!

Gots some updates for you guys. All the supplies are ordered, and once they're in, kits for those who ordered them will go out. We've gone with a double badge holder for the way to display your badge, it will hold your PAX badge and the Assassins badge.

I was talking over the game with a friend last night and came up with a way to allow multiple targets. I haven't really talked a lot about the symbol structure, but a symbol is considered unique between its shape and the color it is, which allows us to reuse symbols.

With what we came up with, everything works the same as it would, but instead of having to find the player with the exact target symbol and color, you could find a player who had that symbol of any color.

We're using the brightest CMYK colors we can, which is Red, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow. This means that with the new rule, you would have 1-4 other players who were potential targets, giving you better odds for kills. Also, this rule makes the game much more resilient to players dropping out and other problems tha could break the circle.

I'm going to leave it up to you guys though, since it's so close to PAX. Talk it over and let me know your thoughts on it.

Still working on the rules, and if one or two of you would be interested in helping with that it would be greatly appreciated.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    eh, bad idea, cuz then we're back to having two people with eachother as targets. btw, when did you decide on color? i thought you said you weren't doing that. i like that they'll be color, but can i request yellow? pretty please?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The more target opportunities, the better. It's going to be hard enough finding people in the crowds. As for people having each other as targets, I think it's pretty unlikely they'll spot each other at the same time. If they can't decide who struck first, just call it a draw and move on. A good assassination will leave no doubt that you've been pwned.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Do you have a link to where we can see this double card holder? I wanna know what it will look like... And is there going to be somehwere where we can put all our target pieces that we get from kills? or will we just put them behind our card in the holder?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    eh, bad idea, cuz then we're back to having two people with eachother as targets. btw, when did you decide on color? i thought you said you weren't doing that. i like that they'll be color, but can i request yellow? pretty please?

That is true about players having each other as a potential target, and the only downside we could see. However, if the game reaches two players this would happen anyway. In either scenario, players are expected to be honest about who killed who first.

I think I said that cards wouldn't be multiple colors, since one of the images showed a rainbow on the larger symbol to test how bright they were. Each unique symbol will be a block of one color only.
    Do you have a link to where we can see this double card holder? I wanna know what it will look like... And is there going to be somehwere where we can put all our target pieces that we get from kills? or will we just put them behind our card in the holder?

http://www.namebadgeproductions.com/pimg.jsp?id=4552

There should be room behind the card holder, I'll look into getting some metal keyrings to keep them on.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I do like the looking for symbol rather than looking for an exact match. 1/12500 odds are much better than 1/50000 odds.

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

they'd also have 3 other people as targets as well. Even if you kill the person with your symbol, you have 3 other targets when you take his/her card so you don't end up stuck.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think the multiple target idea sounds good, will make it easier to find someone to kill. And as for the problem with two people having each other as targets and killing each other at the same time seems unlikley, how ofter are you really gonna be looking over your shoulder?

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like multiple targets.

Also, my booty...
    2978124980101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    The more target opportunities, the better. It's going to be hard enough finding people in the crowds. As for people having each other as targets, I think it's pretty unlikely they'll spot each other at the same time. If they can't decide who struck first, just call it a draw and move on. A good assassination will leave no doubt that you've been pwned.

Rock paper scissors.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sumi wrote: »
    Rock paper scissors.

I second this motion. In the case of a double-assassination attempt, the winner should be decided by RPS.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I still need to make my booty. But i face a dilemma. MGS4 or make booty. tough call.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think if 2 people get stuck in the position of who kills who. Classic game of rps (in the fps pov) and as far as booty goes I think my crappy old ds lite might work? (and it is useful kinda)

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    RickardsRougeRickardsRouge Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hey, just registered last night, is anyone gonna hate me if I don't bring booty? I'm afraid I don't have anything steal-worthy. Also, is the sheraton the official pick up place for friday morning? how long are you gonna be there givin out the stuff?

RickardsRouge on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    i don't think you have to bring booty, but at the same time it doesn't have to be anything special, just something for youe assassin to keep to remember you by.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    RickardsRougeRickardsRouge Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    maybe I'll just bring Timesplitters:Future Perfect, I opened it once, but couldn't play it on my 360 (still can't, what a load of bull) I'll think about it.

RickardsRouge on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my booty is gonna be a pop can painted gold.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mavrick88 wrote: »
    my booty is gonna be a pop can painted gold.

Put diamonds and rubys on it and it's a pimp can

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I do like the looking for symbol rather than looking for an exact match. 1/12500 odds are much better than 1/50000 odds.

50,000?! no way. truth is, at any given time, there'll only be about 10,000 people there, tops. but still, 1/2500 is certainly better than 1/10000.
    is anyone gonna hate me if I don't bring booty?

simple answer: of course. just bring something small, the game would be a lot better if everyone brings something, even if you think nobody else will want it, and even if your assassin just trashes it after you walk away.
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    I like multiple targets.

Also, my booty...

that would be so awesome to play during pax! we should play with it until you possibly get killed!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like multiple targets.

Also, my booty...

that would be so awesome to play during pax! we should play with it until you possibly get killed!

Actually I bought 4 sets and am just giving the one away so there will be at least 8 of the things. The store had two more. I may go buy them too.

PAX wide Lazer Tag!!

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My booty will be my unopened sign by Richard Garriott copy of Tabula Rasa (pics to follow). I figure we are all going to a games convention so why not put some gaming history on the chopping block for Assassins.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wish I was going to PAX so I could participate in this, but quick question, I'm thinking this could be a fun thing to set up at another big event happening in my town. Where/how do you get these cards printed?

Wezoin on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like multiple targets.

Also, my booty...

Actually I bought 4 sets and am just giving the one away so there will be at least 8 of the things. The store had two more. I may go buy them too.

PAX wide Lazer Tag!!

How much were they, could you buy another set and I pay for such a thing?

s7arbuck on
This discussion has been closed.