As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UK Bargains Thread III: For Fuck's Sake Lewie Use The Right Thread

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Birmingham is too far north :D

Anyways, in case anyone was wondering, picked up Mass Effect Limited Edition 360 from Game today. I had been meaning to grab another copy seeing as I shattered my first one.

As always, guy asks if I have a reward card, I do. Except this time (even though the game was only £14.99, sale price) I decide to check how many points I have.

I have never used them, and have been shopping at game since I bought my OXbox which was the time I got my card.

Oh lord, I have a lot of points. So many. I can basically get a fiver off everything for years.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have been thinking of getting this. I am really enjoying Mass Effect so far, although it is getting a bit Biowarey now (and I haven't liked any previous bioware games I have played)

LewieP on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    When they have charged you, and given you a receipt, they are.

Nope, only once the items are dispatched. Check their terms of service.

2.2 The 'confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Argos.

2.3 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (please refer to Returns and refunds).

And there's always the case where mistakes mitigate the contract.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well they changed my order between when I placed it, and paid for it, and when they dispatched it. Remving items from the order, after having told me I was getting them, and after charging me for them.

LewieP on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This should be interesting, then. According to what was occurring when I was experimenting with the checkout, if they remove items from my order, they ought to charge me more. Which they wouldn't be able to do if I've already paid.

I don't particularly *want* the doubled-up pack, but it seems to be the only way to get it for the price I think they actually want to charge me.

mattclem on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm looking for a decent 22" monitor.

Preferably priced around £150. I know I've seen some around this price before....

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    oddmentoddment Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey guys... just thought I'd share this bargain with you. Been looking for Vegas 2 on the PC for the last couple weeks, and it always seems to be no less than £18... even on Play.com. To my suprise, I had another look on Play again yesterday, and found this! £11.99 delivered. Not bad at all.

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Has the free DLC for that come out yet? It's supposed to be on Ubi.com, but I can't find it.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well they changed my order between when I placed it, and paid for it, and when they dispatched it. Remving items from the order, after having told me I was getting them, and after charging me for them.

Sounds like theft to me. :|

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Has the free DLC for that come out yet? It's supposed to be on Ubi.com, but I can't find it.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_28624.shtml

Rook on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

http://www.gamershell.com/download_28624.shtml
    8-) :^:

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If anyone wants a Dreamcast keyboard for just the price of postage (UK), PM me. I'm clearing out the loft and would feel bad to just chuck the thing out; I can't think the local charity shop would make much of it.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Skate, Xbox 360 - £12.93 delivered
    Haze, PS3 - £22.96 delivered
    Rockstar Table Tennis, Wii - £13.93 delivered
    Supreme Commander, PC - £3.75 delivered

Also, I just put together a search engine browser plugin.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So what's kosher as far as selling things goes these days?

I have a few things I wouldn't mind being rid of, and I'd prefer to offer them up to you guys than go eBaying or anything.

edit: Ah, I see someone's already got the same thing on his mind. Shall I just post what i have here, or is that not cricket?
    See how British I'm feeling today! The sun will do that to a man.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Skate, Xbox 360 - £12.93 delivered
    Haze, PS3 - £22.96 delivered
    Rockstar Table Tennis, Wii - £13.93 delivered
    Supreme Commander, PC - £3.75 delivered

Also, I just put together a search engine browser plugin.

No deals on a good PC monitor?

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I don't really know much about monitors...

You got a specific model in mind?

LewieP on
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I have a few things I wouldn't mind being rid of, and I'd prefer to offer them up to you guys than go eBaying or anything.

edit: Ah, I see someone's already got the same thing on his mind. Shall I just post what i have here, or is that not cricket?

As far as I know it is still' link in it your sig' as far as selling goes.

I did that a while back and it worked well enough for me.

I've been clearly out a load of stuff on amazon (as is easier than ebay and I'm skint) and it's worked out pretty well. I've made over a hundred quid. Due to being a bargain hunter I've made a profit on a lot of things I've sold. The best being that I picked up Age of Empires DS for £2 and sold it for £15.

& I was being nice then and putting it's price at £10 less than the nearest seller on marketplace.

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

No, not really, just a decent 22".

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dells got a third off their monitors at the moment. But then again, pretty much everything you buy now will be TN Film panels so there's not a lot of variation in what you can get.

Rook on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

No, not really, just a decent 22".

Here you are.

It's a bit of an unknown game, so I don't expect deals to be flowing out of every internet orifice, but if anyone could find a copy of Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (The first game) on the PS2 for less than £15 shipped, that'd be great. That's the lowest I can find it, on Play.com, and I didn't want to spend much on a game I might not take to.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Lave II wrote: »

As far as I know it is still' link in it your sig' as far as selling goes.

I did that a while back and it worked well enough for me.

I've been clearly out a load of stuff on amazon (as is easier than ebay and I'm skint) and it's worked out pretty well. I've made over a hundred quid. Due to being a bargain hunter I've made a profit on a lot of things I've sold. The best being that I picked up Age of Empires DS for £2 and sold it for £15.

& I was being nice then and putting it's price at £10 less than the nearest seller on marketplace.

I was considering using amazon, actually, but then I saw in the signing up to be a seller thing that they need to phone you before you can get started. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

I already have an ebay account, so as much as I dislike the service, it'll probably be what I eventually end up using.

I'll set up a page and link it once I've gone through my stuff. There's nothing too exciting, just the crap I'm never going to play again.

edit: Skies of Arcadia Legends is apparantly worth as much as I bought it for, though.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm, they didn't phone me... strange...

But I've not tried to get my money yet. So maybe then?

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It may be a new thing. I don't know. But they definitly wanted my phone number to confirm somesuch before I could register.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, Sunday_Assassin, are you coming to the pre-PAX meet up in Birmingham? (shameless plug for the event!)

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Haha, not my thing to be honest. I'm here for the odd bargain and to (hopefully) flog some of my stuff.

Plus, some of us work weekends.

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Plus, some of us work weekends.

It's in the name really.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wow. Wasn't even doing a bit either. I guess my 18 year old self knew something after all.

:(

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LewieP on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gears of War, Xbox 360 - £12.99 delivered

Now I feel silly for buying it used from CEX for £14.

Bloody great game though. I could use a coop partner if anyone decides to pick it up.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's used too, so it's only a quid :D

LewieP on
  • Options
    carbon13carbon13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Legba wrote: »
    Gears of War, Xbox 360 - £12.99 delivered

Now I feel silly for buying it used from CEX for £14.

Bloody great game though. I could use a coop partner if anyone decides to pick it up.

I've been playing GoW online most nights, still loving the multiplayer. Finally found a good bunch of guys to play with, tis fun. I'll run through the co-op if you want, again good fun and i'd love to try the higher difficulties. Gamertag is Markleton.

Same if anyone is still playing TF2- i love a good game, most tend to be an engineer/scout wankfest.

carbon13 on
    First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
    Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's used too, so it's only a quid :D

I now feel less silly. 8-)

Legba on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Damn you making me pre-order Rhythm Tengoku Gold Lewie! Now that an English language version has been announced I'm torn between a desire to know what's being said and the feeling that the moonspeak adds to the zany charm.

The decision may be out of my hands however as I can't seem to find how to cancel an order they've taken money for on Play Asia.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Honestly, who in their right mind would have believed that something like that would ever get localised.

LewieP on
  • Options
    AtomicBananaAtomicBanana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dear Lewie, I am a long time lurker first time poster in this thread of awesome. After working to clear debt and earn a little cash, I'm finally considering buying the full fat version of rock band. What's the cheapest price going? I've had a quick look around and not found much; obviously a mega bargain is unlikely, but as I'm already bending over I may as well try and limit the pain!

AtomicBanana on
    isonline.AtomicBanana.gif Atomique+Banana.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yay! Welcome to all lurkers!

I'll get on that shortly, and hopefully come up with a price tonight.

Are you by any chance a student/have access to a student?

LewieP on
  • Options
    AtomicBananaAtomicBanana Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes I am, and yes I do, good point, I've pretty much always ignored the possibility of student discounts :)

AtomicBanana on
    isonline.AtomicBanana.gif Atomique+Banana.gif
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am wanting to buy the Penny Arcade book from Amazon. I also want something to bump the price up free shipping territory.

Bargains Thread! Give unto me something that is worth £8.14!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I always wanted to check this out.

LewieP on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is it backwards compatible, I wonder.

Answer: yes. Only £4.18 to go.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!