As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Thread - Favreth Down, Favre Yards to go.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Sanders basically saved the Colts season in 2006.

And Edwards, Anderson, Moss, Favre and Peterson all did a LOT in the first several weeks of the season and they got a lot of attention.

Dude that's like half the eligible receivers. Breakout seasons get you picks moreover. Sanders did save them in the playoffs but he missed most of the regular season and he was a pro bowler because he was defensive player of the year.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Harris can easily cover most No.1 receivers.

It's physical phenoms like Burress and T.O that he has trouble with and the Packers never double covered T.O or Burress last year to give him any help.

Saying Al Harris isn't good at covering receivers is just stupid Butters.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    burress is a physical phenom?

Angry on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I mean he's tall as fuck, he's got a huge amount of reach. Plaxico was easily the Giants offensive MVP last year.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Harris can easily cover most No.1 receivers.

It's physical phenoms like Burress and T.O that he has trouble with and the Packers never double covered T.O or Burress last year to give him any help.

Saying Al Harris isn't good at covering receivers is just stupid Butters.

Or anyone their size that negates his ability. Pretty much every starting receiver entering the league is 6'5"+ now, Shim.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit I hate Tony Kornheiser.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What did he do this time? I can't watch the game.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Or anyone their size that negates his ability. Pretty much every starting receiver entering the league is 6'5"+ now, Shim.
    Okay, well then it's their talent. Either way, guys like T.O and Burress are a lot better than their peers.

Harris is extremely good at covering most WRs, he really only struggled with Burress and T.O last year and people made a big deal out of that because those were two of the biggest games.

Problem is, Bob Sanders (packers d coordinator) never gave Harris any help when it was painfully obvious he was struggling with those receivers.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Well he's constantly making a big deal out of how the Packers are horrible without Favre, how they're horrible for letting him go and how Favre is going to do so well with the Jets. He was even talking about this all during last Thursday's game when two totally unrelated teams were playing.

And then tonight the crowd was roaring when Rodgers came out and the commentators said Rodgers got a standing ovation.

Tony replies with - "No, the Packers got a standing ovation."

And then Aaron made some good throws and moved around the pocket pretty well.

Tony: "Well yeah but you can't judge a player based on two drives of a preseason game."

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Well he's constantly making a big deal out of how the Packers are horrible without Favre, how they're horrible for letting him go and how Favre is going to do so well with the Jets. He was even talking about this all during last Thursday's game when two totally unrelated teams were playing.

And then tonight the crowd was roaring when Rodgers came out and the commentators said Rodgers got a standing ovation.

Tony replies with - "No, the Packers got a standing ovation."

And then Aaron made some good throws and moved around the pocket pretty well.

Tony: "Well yeah but you can't judge a player based on two drives of a preseason game."
    I always liked Wilbon more. I really wish Jet Favre had just stayed retired so we wouldn't have to be doing this ridiculous song and dance bullshit. Oh well. I don't really like the Packers much but I hope Rodgers does okay. Lord knows I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to follow up to Brett Favre.

Go Bengals.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    His passes so far have been very nice. If the recievers would hold onto them that would be a plus.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    he can't do worse then griese following elway.

Angry on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why does everyone have a Hard On for Bret Favre? Especially in the media, ESPN, NFL Network, Fox Sports.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So objectively speaking, how's the Bengals D looking? We're on our 3rd defensive coordinator in as many years so I'm a bit concerned, as you surely can understand.
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    Why does everyone have a Hard On for Bret Favre? Especially in the media, ESPN, NFL Network, Fox Sports.
    Because he's like a kid out there!

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah let's make that joke 150 more times as it makes one look exponentially more clever.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Yeah let's make that joke 150 more times as it makes one look exponentially more clever.
    But it's true.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate ESPN.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the bengals d is still terrible.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    Sounds about right

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Angry wrote: »

The rest of the team probably isn't much better.

Butters on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Holy shit you're right.

Now it's Rodgers fault that the receivers drop the ball.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's his fault for throwing so badly.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Tony is now criticizing Aaron's beard and basically saying that Favre did the scruffy look better.

Wow.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    who does kornheiser think he is, peter king?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I dunno, maybe Tony lost a bet.

Back when I was in highschool and was lonely and single and hated most people, PTI was my after school entertainment.

That and Roseanne. But I don't tell people about that one.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Tony is now criticizing Aaron's beard and basically saying that Favre did the scruffy look better.

Wow.
    Now that's some bullshit. I don't remember Favre ever being as delightfully scruffy as Rodgers.

t1-rodgers.favre.jpg

I mean look at him, he looks like a lumberjack in training. He also looks stoned but let's not talk about that.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That was hilarious.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kay, that was pretty cool

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy crap that was awesome

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    JAMES JONES IS A BEAST

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I took my preorder out of one place and put it in another. Madden tournament at 9:30 and pick-up at 12:01

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Shibby: Awesome. We'll have to play some games late tonight or tomorrow.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I took my preorder out of one place and put it in another. Madden tournament at 9:30 and pick-up at 12:01

Then controller smashing frustration at whatever this year's "Fumble Glitch" is.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The main guy I'm trying to keep track of is Utecht.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit James Jones!

Sorry. watching this about 5 mins behind ya'll on my dvr.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright, my guys are looking pretty good. Glad to see we've got Chris Perry and Kenny Watson out there.

Fucking right! Good job Utecht. I knew picking you up would be worth it!

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My grandma could have caught that ball.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm glad Perry is healthy now.

Hooray for live TV.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am flicking back and forth between this and Misty May + Kerri Walsh

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I'm glad Perry is healthy now.

Hooray for live TV.
    All the hype out of Cincy's training camp was that Perry was finally healthy. I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not but now I feel confident about him. If Rudi is back in form like he says, we might be able to catch some people by surprise this year.

Clint Eastwood on
This discussion has been closed.