As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Thread - Favreth Down, Favre Yards to go.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I'm glad Perry is healthy now.

Hooray for live TV.
    All the hype out of Cincy's training camp was that Perry was finally healthy. I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not but now I feel confident about him. If Rudi is back in form like he says, we might be able to catch some people by surprise this year.

As a Bengals fan I stay hopeful every year. I just don't think they will go any where without a decent defense. Unless they score 60 points a game.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm glad Perry is healthy now.

Hooray for live TV.
    All the hype out of Cincy's training camp was that Perry was finally healthy. I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not but now I feel confident about him. If Rudi is back in form like he says, we might be able to catch some people by surprise this year.

As a Bengals fan I stay hopeful every year. I just don't think they will go any where without a decent defense. Unless they score 60 points a game.
    Well our D was starting to look better by the end of last year. Hopefully once Rivers gets into the groove we'll be solid.

I realize this is unlikely but I can dream.

EDIT: And if we can score as much as we did in the Cleveland game last year, well, we'll definitely be alright.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EDIT: And if we can score as much as we did in the Cleveland game last year, well, we'll definitely be alright.

Until your QB, WR, And O line decide they'll take the day of the Super-bowl off to go play Space INvaders in their head, or something. Sorry, sore subject.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    Until your QB, WR, And O line decide they'll take the day of the Super-bowl off to go play Space INvaders in their head, or something.
    I don't even know what this means. Aren't you a Patriots fan? Just saying, your guys didn't exactly wow the world last go-round.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hey guys who here is getting the collector's edition of madden

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Doesn't it come with Head Coach this year?

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    yes

normally I don't bother with special editions but I am interested in head coach

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can't really afford even the base package at this point so I'll probably wait a month or two. But I can't wait to get this so I can stomp you fools online with my glorious Bungles.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Think I'll just get the standard as I doubt I'll want to put in the time for head coach.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brohm is throwing too high but I think his nerves are finally starting to calm a bit, plus he's dropping back like whoa to get more time.

I'm not about to pass judgment on a Rookie's first few passes, but here's hoping he'll do better.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Do the Bengals and Pats play eachother this year?

If not, I want a piece of you Cloudman.
    Unfortunately, no, they don't. The Pats demolished us pretty solidly last year though. Not that they have anything to show for it, of course.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunately, no, they don't. The Pats demolished us pretty solidly last year though. Not that they have anything to show for it, of course.

Well we something in common there, oh, and Matt Light got arrested in the off season, so we have one there too.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Does it actually look how Madden looks then? Where a QB drops back like 15 yards?
    Hah, a few plays he did drop back almost like that.

I haven't had to do that in Madden 09's demo though. I'm able to actually stand in the pocket, and get this, I can step up in the pocket.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well we something in common there, oh, and Matt Light got arrested in the off season, so we have one there too.
    What position does Light play again? I can't remember.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    O-line

edit: Tackle

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    O-line
    I see. Well if the Pats want to get rid of him we'll take him. He'll get three more chances too, haha.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it'll also have a playable version of madden 93

and favre's not on the cover!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it'll also have a playable version of madden 93

and favre's not on the cover!
    Okay now that last tidbit is tempting.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I also am getting Collector's Ed. so I can come at you guys with my own playbook of wackjob plays.

or just one wackjob play. You'll never know.

On a small side note:

GO PACK GO

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    When is the update gonna come out that has Favre on the Jets?

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It should be available to be downloaded right now Ryan.

And I'm usually the one guy out of a crowd that's buying the Collectors edition of a game. Totally opposite now.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That's dumb, don't do it Ant.

Don't give in to their corporate pressure.

I'm trying to figure out if the mall security guards are going to be bothered by public drinking. I'm thinking they will. I was lucky with the Halo 3 midnight release, the Garfields bar and grill in the mall stayed open later for everyone so I basically got to wait for Halo 3 while sitting at a bar drinking and watching TV.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    thats awsome shim, its always nice to be highly intoxicated when at the mall, makes things much more interesting.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Also helps that I live about a quarter of a mile from the mall.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sweet if I trade in Brawl and Tetris DS I get 50 bucks. Now I can definitely get the game day one

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    man

tetris ds is pretty hard to find

you better be sure you're done with that one

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I haven't played it in a while so yeah

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Edit: to ryan. Whoo whooo

I traded Brawl a good long while ago.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah Brawl was fun when it came out but it pretty much never touched the month after it was released. Such a shame

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    yeah

Brawl didn't last too long

went to the midnight release for that one and everything

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I kinda know how you feel Shoe. I waited two hours in line to preorder the Wii.

Yeah

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sure was nice of Nintendo to ditch us once they made their money

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I've been seriously considering selling my Wii, especially after E3 this year.

I can likely still make a fair amount from it at this point too.

It's been unplugged and boxed up since late March. I loved Mario Galaxy, absolutely loved it, and that game is the only thing that's making me hesitate.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well they are making games like the Zeldas and Marios and other stuff. I just wish they would have given us some fucking information on those games

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah

Brawl didn't last too long

went to the midnight release for that one and everything

I still play it with friends and my brother but the last few times I tried to play online it wouldn't connect to the shitheap nintendo server. The online play was balls that's for sure.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Here's hopin' the online play in Animal Crossing ends up being awesome though

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
This discussion has been closed.