As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Name is [Chat]

1293031323335»

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Definitely not for me then, thanks for the heads up, Oboro.

I wonder if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies will be any good once they patch the bugs out.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's like the X-Files. I'm yet to determine if it's zomg great.

lol mad scientist.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't think that would work. It's non-verbal communication, but the signs still stand for words.

I hate you.

Watch this, you'll feel better

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think that would work. It's non-verbal communication, but the signs still stand for words.

I hate you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTvzbTHaZM&feature=related

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This is my favorite Kate Bush video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DVvrcFi4M0

Drez on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    It's perfectly possible to criticize Spore for being fun initially but not having much replayability.

It's perfectly possible to criticize you for not gobbling enough black cocks, but such a criticism would be wholly without merit.

How so? If my interest is in a man with a great amount of experience gobbling black cock, I sure as hell would find merit in that criticism

But MikeMan has a great amount of experience gobbling black cock.

But how much. And what if my interests are... gargantuan. Maybe I can lend cursory, temporary appreciation for his effort, but maybe I had hopes for more cocks?

So it's not so much the quantity of cocks but the quality?

Truthfully, not even I am aware how much give and pull there is. I suppose I lean toward quality, but if there's enough quantity... I couldn't put rigid guidelines to it.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I hate you.

Hey, it worked!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    This is my favorite Kate Bush video

There's no video that I know of, but my favorite Kate Bush song is Jig of Life.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    This is my favorite Kate Bush video

There's no video that I know of, but my favorite Kate Bush song is Jig of Life.

Good song; I'm listening to it right now. Hounds of Love is a great album.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, I forgot about that: Hugh Laurie is in the video I posted above.

Drez on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My philosophy teacher banned all electronic devices in his classroom. No recording devices, no cellphones, and no laptops. He then had to stare-down a classroom united in their rage. He later redeemed himself by cutting the class short from 3 hours to 1 and let us all go earlier our first lesson.

This place is like a looser, harder highschool. I expected something different.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    So the Keynote was sort of underwhelming

Medopine on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    My philosophy teacher banned all electronic devices in his classroom. No recording devices, no cellphones, and no laptops. He then had to stare-down a classroom united in their rage. He later redeemed himself by cutting the class short from 3 hours to 1 and let us all go earlier our first lesson.

This place is like a looser, harder highschool. I expected something different.

Here's what you do. Look on google for schematics for a "555 beeper circuit." This is a small device that you can assemble from a 555 timer chip, a little speaker, a watch battery, and some resistors, all available very cheap from an electronics supply store.

Put it together with some hot glue. Once you get the whole thing together, you'll have a small device that emits a soft high-pitched beep every three minutes.

Hide it somewhere in the classroom near the podium before the professor arrives. Acoustic ceiling tiles are a good spot.

Feral on

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will get it!

I need to start thinking of a good new OP.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When the professor starts to complain about a beeping noise, just say you didn't hear it.

Feral on

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man who records classes?

Lame people is who.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sarah Palin reminds me of Betty from the Rugrats.

betty.gif

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hum, I have my McCain Galaxy Quest pic, or a pic of Than as a supermod... What to OP the new [chat] with...

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Gahhhh someone is spamming me with pictures of traps. I don't get this. It feels like a joke that would show up on Arrested Development, and you only laugh because it's so absurd -- there isn't a punchline. There's just this one trap sending pictures of traps to another trap, except that all the pictures of traps are from the perspective of non-traps so there's all this condescending image meme baggage and yet the other person is like, "Haha, traps!" but they're a trap too!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I miss school

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No me.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Sigh.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Damnation, so close! :(

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    What a snipe!

20030314h.jpg

Tycho wrote:
    The sixth and final page of Cardboard and Steel is up. This story encapsulates everything else we do with the CTS that is "narrative" in any way, with future installments named along "The Wandering Age: X" conventions. God only knows when we would do something like this again, or what form it would take - even though it was highly enjoyable for us, I doubt any return to the topic will be soon. We are dedicated adherents to "the path of least resistance," and this much extra work for a daily update is highly uncharacteristic of us. Although, if you just can't get enough of it (which seems inconceivable, but we live in a world of deep and enduring mystery), don't forget that the full color version goes out to Club Members this month along with the sixth page of Over Easy.

Inbetween imagining tales for samurai who fight using garbage and flipping through Wizards' (excellent) new d20 Modern, I have been wondering if our world is fucking insane.

I won't afflict you with the entire litany because I don't think that's why people read the things I write, to be exposed to surreal political views which are completely unmoored from reality. I would, however, draw your attention to the following article, which details a congressional hearing on the links between terrorism and, um... peer-to-peer file sharing.

John G. Malcolm, deputy assistant attorney general in the criminal division of the U.S. Department of Justice, did say there seems to be some connection between illegal copying and organized crime, in that many of the groups profiting from illegal copies are highly organized and can have international distribution networks. Organized crime often supports terrorism, he suggested.

"These groups will not hesitate to threaten or injure those who tend to interfere with their operations," Malcolm said.

This is the first statement I have ever read where Manga speechlessness - "..." - is the only valid response.

Statements of this kind gnaw at the sensible mind, they chew on it and try to eat it. I won't even gauge the clumsiness with which these two incongruous concepts are lashed together. If you want to see triple-x, explicit evidence of corporations with their hands up your government's ass, working the their jaws like some malevolent Howdy Doody with chilling ramifications for personal liberty, well, there you go. Peer-to-peer file sharing and Terror? Terror? Do they not have dictionaries there? There's another T word you cocks might like, too - give it a try: it's called "Tenuous." The only people terrorized by peer-to-peer file sharing are vastly potent multinational businesses, gripped by the realization that they sell carriages in a world of bullet trains.

I mentioned Amplitude on Wednesday, and just so you know the PSM I grabbed yesterday has a playable demo of it on there - it's got two songs and three or so difficulty levels. I was hoping for a chance to play around with remixing, alas, that was not to be. I comfort myself with the knowledge that the release is only ten days hence, at which time I will get down immediately.

Also - you might have noticed the X-Arcade spot to the right of the post. You might be familiar with them already if you're into fighters at all, as their multiplatform sticks have drawn high praise from virtually every quarter. X-Arcade, like Sega next week and Nintendo soon after, have decided to try short runs with us to see if we're worth investing in. Without putting too fine a point on it, I need you to prove that we are.

(CW)TB out.

say i'm the only bee in your bonnet

Tycho wrote:
    I often discuss intellectual property issues with our coder Ramius, and he mentioned that the hearings I mentioned in the main post are already online in transcript form here. I've mentioned this link before, if you are a Digital Liberty sort of person it is an invaluable resource.
    Gabe wrote:
    I just watched the MTV special on gamers and I thought it was really cool. Although I would have to say that Graig (is that how he spells his name?) the Golden Tee golf guy and the Pac Man dude were in the wrong show as they are most definitely not gamers.

The Order of Light guys all seem really cool. It's funny how much alike we all are. I really started to notice it when we began going to Cons. I mean I can look at the Order of Light guys and see three or four of my own friends in there. The way they all dress, talk, act, their sleeping and eating habits everything. They are exactly like every other bunch of gamers I have had the opportunity to meet. I feel like I could walk into their apartment and immediately feel at home. Their place kicked ass, cables running everywhere, televisions up on boxes King of Fighters posters on the wall. I just fucking love dorks.

The Fatal1ty guy seems cool too. He obviously has some skills. It was nice that MTV treated the tourney so seriously. It would have been really easy to make that whole scene come off as dorky but they really treated it fairly. The shot at the end with Fatal1ty surrounded by girls was fucking great.

Graig is a fucking dip shit. The guy should have been on "True Life: I have a fucking gambling problem and I probably hit my girlfriend when the cameras aren't on". I mean he's a fucking booze hound who spends all his time in bars trying to win twenty bucks off his other white trash booze hound friends. I can't understand why the fuck that girl is still with him. The shot of her with her head on the table in the bar at like 4 am while he's cussing at the Golden Tee machine and taking pulls off an MGD was fucking priceless.

That Pac Man guy has got some fucking issues. He talked about his perfect game of Pac Man like he had walked on water. Someone needs to tell him that it's not 1985 anymore and no one cares how good he is at Space Invaders. Oh and what's with the fucking mullet?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.