As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I haven't been [chat]ed like that since grade school.

• Options
    WerdnaWerdna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I just finished reading Choke a few days ago. I liked it. But I can see a lot of similarities between Choke and Fight Club and get the impression the author just likes writing about the same shit again and again.

It's just Shock Literature gone commercial...we're the demographic, so he'll always pepper his stories with anarchist characters and what not. It's probably for our cathartic release, maybe literary fix. I find it repetitive.

Diary and Choke were really good, but there isn't much too him after those books.

Werdna on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Werdna wrote: »
    I just finished reading Choke a few days ago. I liked it. But I can see a lot of similarities between Choke and Fight Club and get the impression the author just likes writing about the same shit again and again.

It's just Shock Literature gone commercial...we're the demographic, so he'll always pepper his stories with anarchist characters and what not. It's probably for our cathartic release, maybe literary fix. I find it repetitive.

Diary and Choke were really good, but reading there isn't much too him after those books.

This is what I get from both Fight Club and Choke: Everyone's a fuckup and crazy but it's okay...do something really weird and your life will crash to zero and then you can start living again for real. "Fuckmuppetry" isn't the right word, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a PS3.

I would accept this code.

Can we be friends? I haven't turned my PS3 on in weeks.

edit: I'm honestly not sure where my DualShock 3 is, but I'm sure I can find it.

I'll send you the code when I get home, Drez.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Oh hey, anyone here have a PS3 and want in on the SOCOM Beta?

I think I have a few extra beta codes around here somewhere.

I don't have a PS3, but please lemme know how the beta is.

I've heard some distressing things so far, but I am holding out hope.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I have a PS3.

I would accept this code.

Can we be friends? I haven't turned my PS3 on in weeks.

edit: I'm honestly not sure where my DualShock 3 is, but I'm sure I can find it.

I'll send you the code when I get home, Drez.

Excellent, thanks. Depending on how long that is, I might have will been ablen to find my DualShock 3.

I refer to the verb tense in the underlined words above as "post-modern past particular".

Drez on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone want to be Wii friends? I am going to start actually adding people. Let me go get mah code.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't know if I ever added any friends.

But you should add me, Medopine. And I will also put you on my Wii.

Drez on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    SOCOM CODE PLEASE!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Does anyone want to be Wii friends? I am going to start actually adding people. Let me go get mah code.

We could be, but I am at work so I can't get you my code right now. Life is hard. Man, I need to pick up the new Bomberman Blast, too ...

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh god, my arms. Is this what a good workout feels like? I don't like it. I don't think... nope, can't lift my arms above my head.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jesus McCain?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need some good book suggestions. Right now I'm reading the entire Sherlock Holmes collection.

Also, is the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $19.99 a good buy from Steam? I mean, the retail is 20 bucks as well, but is there any reason I shouldn't get the Steam version? Or the game at all? I heard it's good. Is it? Is it good?
    I found it to be pretty lame.

It's fantastically shitty if you're a completist.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh god, my arms. Is this what a good workout feels like? I don't like it. I don't think... nope, can't lift my arms above my head.

Yes. If its your first time, expect that kind of feeling to be common for the next 2-3 weeks of decent workout. After that, you don't get a terrible feeling so much as an awesome feeling. I'm not joking. Once you get used to working out, the sore goes away and is replaced by a sort of proud fatigue. You ripple with strength and feel strangely satisfied. Soreness is much much worse in leg workouts, in my opinion.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need to get my ps3 online again. I had the wireless enabled on my router so my ps3 and wii could connect, and in three days someone had broken onto my network that used a random 20 digit wpa2 key.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I need some good book suggestions. Right now I'm reading the entire Sherlock Holmes collection.

Also, is the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $19.99 a good buy from Steam? I mean, the retail is 20 bucks as well, but is there any reason I shouldn't get the Steam version? Or the game at all? I heard it's good. Is it? Is it good?

Oh god...why? I already purchased it. I swear to god, Thanatos, if this riles up my OCD, I'm taking it out on YOU for not being here to comment on this before I purchased it.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay I forgot how to actually FIND my code...

Medopine on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hey drez.

can I have your kindle?

- variable

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yes. If its your first time, expect that kind of feeling to be common for the next 2-3 weeks of decent workout. After that, you don't get a terrible feeling so much as an awesome feeling. I'm not joking. Once you get used to working out, the sore goes away and is replaced by a sort of proud fatigue. You ripple with strength and feel strangely satisfied. Soreness is much much worse in leg workouts, in my opinion.

This is also true for drinking to excess. Now all I feel is a proud fatigue the next day. I haven't had a "hangover" in quite some time.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay I forgot how to actually FIND my code...

Keep digging into your Wii. It's deep inside.

Variable wrote: »
    hey drez.

can I have your kindle?

- variable

Hey Variable,

No.

- Raere

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah people have kindles! I've been meaning to ask you guys if they are awesome and worth the cost. You guys being drez and radroadkill apparently.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought that was gonna work. that plan took me two months to come up with.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I absolutely love it. It's fantastic.

I read a lot more with it now.

I can check Gmail/Facebook from work with it - my job blocks those sites.

It's wonderful.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay Wii code 0989 1096 4118 7109

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh, new idea.

drez.

will you buy me a kindle?

-variable

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You almost had me. But I'm like James Bond in these kinds of things.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You almost had me. But I'm like James Bond in these kinds of things.

you've got a license to not give your shit away for free I heard.

Variable on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Battle Royal was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. Ever.

You should be ashamed if you liked Battle Royal.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

See, that's the thing, this isn't my first time working out. I've been really working out now for about three months now, and it's never been rewarding. I've been running, but I never feel anything from that. I've been lifting, but I never feel anything from that. I do core stuff, but I never feel anything from that. It's all just fatigue and soreness all the time. I had this problem with it a few years ago, too. It's just never rewarding for me.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh god...why? I already purchased it. I swear to god, Thanatos, if this riles up my OCD, I'm taking it out on YOU for not being here to comment on this before I purchased it.
    So, there are these quests you get at the starting zone, and they take you out from the starting zone. The first few are nearby; the latter ones are really, really far out. In order to get credit for the quests, you have to complete them, then walk back to the starting zone; the problem is that all of the enemies in between respawn. So, you walk out, kill all the enemies, complete the quest, walk back, kill all the enemies, turn the quest in, then go out even further, having to kill all the enemies again.

This would be merely obnoxious, were it not for the fact that the quests are on a time limit, and nigh-impossible to complete in large batches without running out of time, meaning that you have to kill the same enemies many, many times, and end up spending most of your time walking through areas that you've already cleared out ten times before. Also, your inventory is fucking tiny, and it's really fucking hard to sell shit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Who else has a Wii code for me!

Hippie?

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    How do I add friends exactly?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I added you by going to create a message and then address book

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

I thought the Battle Royale movie was fantastic.

If you didn't like Battle Royale, you are a bad racist Hitler communist scientologist person that should die.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I added you by going to create a message and then address book

Okay I will do this.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

So, there are these quests you get at the starting zone, and they take you out from the starting zone. The first few are nearby; the latter ones are really, really far out. In order to get credit for the quests, you have to complete them, then walk back to the starting zone; the problem is that all of the enemies in between respawn. So, you walk out, kill all the enemies, complete the quest, walk back, kill all the enemies, turn the quest in, then go out even further, having to kill all the enemies again.

This would be merely obnoxious, were it not for the fact that the quests are on a time limit, and nigh-impossible to complete in large batches without running out of time, meaning that you have to kill the same enemies many, many times, and end up spending most of your time walking through areas that you've already cleared out ten times before. Also, your inventory is fucking tiny, and it's really fucking hard to sell shit.

The first paragraph is why I stop playing it every time I try to start it up again. That and it requires a beast of a machine to run at a decent clip.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Who else has a Wii code for me!

Hippie?

I'll PM it to you later tonight.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wonder if my Wii code is still in my profile

Elendil on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I thought the Battle Royale movie was fantastic.

If you didn't like Battle Royale, you are a bad racist Hitler communist scientologist person that should die.

I'm trying to think of one thing that movie did right.

Apart from starring Go Go Yubari that is.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    I wonder if my Wii code is still in my profile

Oh neat, I didn't know that was there

ADDED

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's not as horrendously self-aware and unintentionally bad as Vs was, but yeah, it was pretty bad. I don't understand the fascination with gore flicks. They're just bad movies.

Wonder_Hippie on
This discussion has been closed.