As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC - 4E DnD] Sorrow of the Heavens

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... with the zerker gone, that means Sidus is going to be the soul provider of pure, malevolent destruction. I suppose the Wizard can back me up though.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Back you up? I recall me being particularly awesome against EVERYTHING in that entire encounter.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys I'm sorry but I gibbed a door.

What did you do again?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vortexshadow/races/githyanki.html

Pretty out of date though, I don't even know if it's D&D stuff.

Also I killed stuff a lot, and I didn't even use a daily or encounter power!

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I killed a minion and a regular guy in one hit each. Also Sidus has blue fire in his eyes when he ignites his hand to kill things. Oh, and I figured out why we still get 120 xp instead of the 100 xp. It's because you and the Wizard count as one PC.

I figure with the Wizard being ridiculously book smart with next to no interpersonal skills, and you being as warm and cuddly to the commoners as an un-potty trained labradoodle, and about as useful in high stress combat situations as an un-potty trained labradoodle, combined the two of you can make for one barely passable team member....slash labradoodle.

No offense, Wizard, but you were the best person to use in that one, and I'm not about to pass up such a great Dr. Coxism.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys I'm sorry but I gibbed a door.

What did you do again?

Every time I see someone kick down a door now, I think of you.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    Hey, I don't think I'm going to be able to make the next session. My aunt and uncle are having me over this weekend. Sorry!

If it helps, I hit things with my axe.

That's fine. You have two choices:

1) You can have me play your character.

This has the disadvantage that I love doing really random stuff.

It has the advantage in that I know everything about the monsters and being the good glory whore I am, I go for the glory (minding this is possibly as much of a disadvantage too). If there is a monster on 1 hp, you can be sure you'll be trecking over to finish him off.

2) You can nominate another player to control your character.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I killed a minion and a regular guy in one hit each. Also Sidus has blue fire in his eyes when he ignites his hand to kill things. Oh, and I figured out why we still get 120 xp instead of the 100 xp. It's because you and the Wizard count as one PC.

I figure with the Wizard being ridiculously book smart with next to no interpersonal skills, and you being as warm and cuddly to the commoners as an un-potty trained labradoodle, and about as useful in high stress combat situations as an un-potty trained labradoodle, combined the two of you can make for one barely passable team member....slash labradoodle.

No offense, Wizard, but you were the best person to use in that one, and I'm not about to pass up such a great Dr. Coxism.

Totally taking things too seriously.

Relax, have a beer.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You are not my mentor!
    You are not my mentor!

Thanks for the link

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Relax, have a beer.

Sorry, this one's my fault. You don't know me very well, so it might be hard for you to know I was joking. The middle paragraph there is a quote from an episode of Scrubs, by my favorite character therein, "Dr. Perry Cox" (slightly modified to fit the situation.) I should have indicated more clearly that it was from a television show and there were indeed no hurtful intentions.

Unfortunately, I do not drink alcohol, so that suggestion will have to be rejected, however I accept the meaning behind it, which was to make peace, and I concur that peace should be made.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ok, I think I have maptools working now (but lord knows). I'll be starting the server at 7:30am my time and I'll be on vent at that time on sunday (so this will be an hour earlier, again, my apologies over the time confusion :)). Looking for an 8am start.

Edit: I also invoke the infinite power of the DM in retconning Kilroys characters existence. He's now spontaneously changed into a human cleric. Nobody quite is sure how this happened, but then again nobody remembers it ever being any different.

Right?

*evil look*

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Relax, have a beer.

Sorry, this one's my fault. You don't know me very well, so it might be hard for you to know I was joking. The middle paragraph there is a quote from an episode of Scrubs, by my favorite character therein, "Dr. Perry Cox" (slightly modified to fit the situation.) I should have indicated more clearly that it was from a television show and there were indeed no hurtful intentions.

Unfortunately, I do not drink alcohol, so that suggestion will have to be rejected, however I accept the meaning behind it, which was to make peace, and I concur that peace should be made.

:lol:
    Oh man that is comedy gold.

I was responding in a manner that would seriously piss off Cox. It's the kind of response that would make him screw up his face into an ARGHHHH expression and act like he wants to strangle you before storming off, which is what I was going for.

Irony

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Relax, have a beer.

I was responding in a manner that would seriously piss off Cox. It's the kind of response that would make him screw up his face into an ARGHHHH expression and act like he wants to strangle you before storming off, which is what I was going for.

Irony

Shoulda gone with:
    "I'm sorry, were you saying something?"

Then I'd have known right away. C'est la vie.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Relax, have a beer.

Irony

Shoulda gone with:
    "I'm sorry, were you saying something?"

Then I'd have known right away. C'est la vie.

Well yes but I couldn't remember any specific quotes, just how his character worked. :P

about the only quote I can remember from Scrubs is "If I find a paperclip in there, you're going down." and "By the way look out for the tackling amnesiac patient he's gone walkaby" which is always paired with "Who am IIII??"

Morninglord on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anyway, who wants to take over Armisael for the next session? DMPCs aren't really fun, so I'd rather have a compatriot controlling him.

Char sheet is here.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well since I'm pretty familiar with how my Warlock works, I'll take over your Barbarian unless some else wants to. Is there a link to the Barbarian info so I'll have some sort of clue what I'm doing before tomorrow?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Barbarian playtest download is here, doesn't require a subscription.

The powers I have covered in the boxes, the only things you need to know that aren't there are Rageblood Vigor (Gain Con mod (3) temp HP when you drop an enemy), Swift Charge (charge as a free action when you drop an enemy, once per encounter), and Rampage (Extra attack as a free action if you get a crit).

Actually, I guess Swift Charge is on there, but I forgot when I was playing, so I figured I'd mention it.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That link is broken.

EDIT: I know why. You've got too many http://s there. I got it now.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Orin Harperson.

That is my name.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ok, my computer has fallen over guys :( Sorry to say but that means no game tomorrow because I don't have my notes, story, campaign or literally anything else (or a functional computer). I don't know what the problem is yet and it will be a while before I can do anything.

I'll keep you all posted. At the moment, if I'm unlucky I could have lost over 3 months of writing (I still have my physical, hand written notes however).

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That sucks, I'm sorry.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, that really sucks. I always keep a backup hard drive in case something bad happens to my computer, but I don't update it nearly as often as I should. On the plus side, at least that means I won't have to make a fool out of myself berserking.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I have lost the past 2 weeks of writing and such forth, but I can recover a lot of the other missing data.

I think anyway. It's pretty much a disaster, this computer is less than 5 months old and it's fallen over this badly. Amazing.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm very sadface over this occurance for you. Losing a PC is never a fun experience. What actually happened? You say 'fell over' but I'm thinking this is some kind of slang, or is it literal?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well, it looks like Vista has corrupted itself (the OS). To be honest, it's not that unexpected but what is unexpected is the fact that on a five month old, three thousand dollarish machine that is well under a four month warranty I have to PAY to get it fixed. This is genuinely infuriating. I don't think I've been this angry in YEARS now and the insult of having to pay $120 dollars for my data back, plus $95 for a new copy of vista (I mean, wtf, I did pay for a license when I got the damn machine and they are telling me I cannot have a new installation under warranty?) and that I'm FORCED to use vista or violate my warranty is almost too much.

I am so utterly tempted to tell them to stick the computer up their arse (did I mention that it will be three weeks before it will be fixed? Ordinarily that would simply be insult onto injury, but their isn't any way of insulting me further than thinking I am going to accept paying for fixing a computer that is five months old).

This does mean that I don't know when the game will resume and I'm sorry to say, but I'm unlikely to pay $120 dollars for my hard drive contents back (I view this as truly ridiculous). So I cannot work on my campaigns (I have no computer anymore, I have to go to the lab for internet access) and I cannot run this game online anymore without a computer, maptools or anything else. It seems that I lose either way, it's either vista and I refuse to pay for service on a five month old computer (I mean, wtf here). Or it's the hard drive, which means the service will be free but I am unable to get any data off anyway.

Sorry for the disappointment.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's pretty unfortunate. If you don't recover the drive, do you lose all your work, or just those last two weeks? I can't blame you for not wanting to pay the money to get your hard drive info back.

My only regret is that I was certain that Sidus was, at one point, going to decide that the only way to defeat a creature would be by crashing an Earthmote into it. Thus would ensue a plan of epic proportions that culminated in a giant chunk of floating land being hurled through the air, bearing a single rider, eyes aflame as he navigates and prepares for the D&D equivalent of hitting someone with the Moon.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's some bullshit, especially making you buy a second copy of Vista.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wow, how did they weasel their way out of paying for that? That's ridiculous.

Anyway, you do what you have to. We're not going to bitch about a game when you're getting jacked over like that.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ok, life is back on track. The computers hard drive failed, meaning that the repair has no cost and is simply going to be another week. I should have it back on wednesday next week.

This means there isn't a game this weekend, but we will be playing the weekend afterwards! I have rewritten, by hand everything I had done and started a complete conversion of The Scepter Tower of Spellguard for use in the campaign. Currently changing some encounters and similar, but we will be playing the weekend after this one, unless I don't get my computer back in time.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hey, that's great! Glad you won't have to pay for what seemed to be a pretty hefty injustice.

What kind of hard drive was it? My family has had pretty rotten luck with Western Digital, but we've never had a Hitachi drive fail.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Glad to hear all is well.

When I heard this at first, I started buckling down on the possibility that I would be running my local game sooner than anticipated and began fleshing out the first module. So happy I can have more time to do it, and get to see your adventure first. So I can plagiarize it. Clearly.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hurray.

Saturdays are expensive without D&D games :(

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yay! I'm glad you're not going to have to pay for the repair, that'd be insane.

Looking forward to next week! I think my next feat will be Mordenkrad proficiency-- looking ahead to that smexy Hammer Rhythm.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes, I am looking forward to playing next week now.

Oh yes, I can't wait now. A rewrite always produces better and far more evil results.

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Greaaaat...I'm looking forward to the more devious plot now.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You know what this means, guys. Kill every NPC on sight. We can't let ourselves open up our potential weak spots. Shoot anything that moves!

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I've had a lot of campaigns messed up by PCs working with the GM, too...

I think the only solution here is to kill all characters in the game. PC or N.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    While I think about it, is NZ in DST now? I'd like to be on at the right time.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't really know, considering how badly I got the time wrong last time I'm the last person you want to ask haha.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well yeah, last weekend we fell back an hour. If you didn't we need to change our times is all. That would make a difference. But don't goddamn ask me WHAT difference, I don't know shit about time conversions or flux capacitors.

REG Rysk on