As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC - 4E DnD] Sorrow of the Heavens

1464748495052»

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah it's really amazing the difference now. I don't remember when anyone ran out of surges before and now monsters can really cleave through them. I'm just wondering what some of those old EL + 5 and EL + 7 encounters would have looked like with the new damage.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Only problem is that feat doesn't really help my surges very much.

Of course, if Aegeri would stop targeting exclusively me then it wouldn't be a problem. I mean seriously, how many times has Lain attacked me? He should be going after the squishies! Why doesn't he go after the squishies?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lain likes you a lot.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I get some free rituals anyways, so I should have Soulguard.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I still remember that one time where Lain and Orin both critically hit Verax at the same time.

That was so hilarious.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, you can see why I'd like to have a little insurance. Plus it lasts a full day, so even with an extended rest it'll stick around.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, I can assure you that it will last for the rest of the campaign anyway as there is really only a few "hours" to go in DnD campaign terms left.

Also, there will be a PM later but we are playing this weekend (both games in fact).

Aegeri on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Barring some horrid occurrence where my school work is not done by game time, I will be cramming that to completion so I can turn it in later that day...

Just a few weeks left and then I am D-O-N-E.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys, can't play this weekend because I just got capped and my internet is down (it goes down for the first day or so, until it seems to "stabilize" and then is fine). I will be uncapped by next week and we'll be able to finish off the game over the next couple of weeks. This also gives me more time to refine the final encounters and especially the last one in particular! Thank God for lab internet so I can tell people at least lol!

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We are playing this weekend, no risk of me being surprise capped either! After this weekend only one more session! zOMG wtfbbq and such.

Edit: Also TSI, assume Lain has a +6 rending axe (that will be in the final treasure) when making his macros. The crit property is a free action.

Edit2: And now my computer goes down in a heap, constantly blue screening of death every 30-60 minutes. Solely for the point of spiting me and making me feel awful. Thankfully I have backed up my entire computer this time, so I won't lose anything. But god damn, I am so sick of this. This time I am putting the computer in and it doesn't leave until it is fixed.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mark of War OP will be up by tonight guys! Note that themes and other things are not fully done, but I have made decisions on two things:

I will allow Dark Sun themes with appropriate reflavoring as well in this game, plus the ones I create. So you can houserule in mine if you wish or just use the Dark Sun ones. It is up to you! Note that the PPs of some of the Dark Sun ones I haven't decided on using yet, but if I do rule out a Dark Sun PP I will make a PP to replace it.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, I think this weekend may be the last session of SoH now. Depending on how fast we get through the four remaining encounters in the game! So make sure that everything is up to date and such, because it would be great to just be able to start looking forwards to the new campaign and give this one the proper send-off it deserves :D

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Actually, I will just make it the final three encounters as well. I was going to have Belrousse and similar talk with you, but actually I feel we can get through that and to the "finale" of the game so to speak (it is also sort of only a very minor side plot point). Though we might not quite get through the final three encounters depending on time, drama and if squirrels abduct me (it's a serious problem doods).

Most importantly here is your final treasure (this is stuff littered around the battlefield):

+6 Healers Broach
    +6 Scarab of Invulnerability
    +6 Rending Axe (Hellsong can "Adopt" this enchantment automatically). Note that the rending property is a free action, not no action.
    +6 Mindpatterned Illithid Robes
    +6 Godplate Armor of Sacrifice
    +6 Voidhide Dawn Warrior Armor
    Diamond Cincture (Level 30)
    Nullifying Ring
    Total GP: 6,250,000 GP

You can make any other items you want or similar before delving into the forge of Hephaestus - the entrance is in fact within Maw Hill (where you are currently standing right now). There you shall finally face down Eve and end her quest for vengeance once and for all!

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Uh, dibs on the robes hee hee. I have much re-doing to be doing!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I uhhh. may be at Best Friends Day for much of tomorrow. So if i don't show up, don't hesitate to kill me off.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I uhhh. may be at Best Friends Day for much of tomorrow. So if i don't show up, don't hesitate to kill me off.

Noooooooooo!

Well, either way if you aren't able to come it was good playing with you and I hope your day goes well :D

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Not long to go now! OOhhhhh I am so excited! Going to be a murderous finale to the game. I will do my best to resolve the main plot holes and make everything that has happened clear during this final session as well. At the end of the game, you can write an epilogue for what your character does (or where his soul goes) after it is done.

As mentioned, Orcus is the God of death upon the end of the campaign timeline wise. If you die, you cannot be resurrected - so this is high stakes. This doesn't mean your soul goes to Orcus though, you CAN be saved by direct intervention and bear in mind some of the gods you've served will definitely do so if they can. It is up to you - Orcus will either make you generals in his legion of doom and special "We hate everyone club" or torture your souls for eternity (he's really mad about that statue I must say). Noting that this is your decision. Your characters fate is up to you, within reason of course! Bear in mind that a 30th level PC is a massive force within the world and you can certainly write your impact into the game setting if you survive - or even if you die.

There will be a summary story/epilogue that I will write as well, detailing the general effects of your exploits on the entire campaign setting as well.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That was good times! In the end a pretty tough final few battles, but manageable and now I am off to do other things - like write themes and such D: But before that I shall write the epilogue to this game. You get a character one and then a general one showing you what happened to the general world. We'll begin Dark Prophecy on the 18th September (Saturday for you guys, it will be the 19th for me).

I am going to have me a ponder!

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So for my EPIClogue do I have the ability to commandeer Myrkul's sword of undeadedness?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yes, in fact I am sorry that I didn't mention the fact it was there. That sort of went out of my head in all the excitement.

Aegeri on