As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OkCupid: The Online Dating

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fedora wrote: »
    Fedora, you and your ideas

Listen, all i'm saying is ice cream yay, yogurt nay. It's cool if you like yogurt.

Just tell me what it is.

Bacteria

Rinder on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    I am incredibly careful on my motorcycle. You would probably never catch me riding during or after rain anyway so really the stipulation is moot. It is just very scary to think "I almost died because someone got angry that I went into the passing lane to pass him."

i ride motorcycles with my dad. you can be the most careful person in the world, but if the person in front of you stops suddenly, merges into you, or throws up a rock, you can be dead even while being the paragon of correct traffic laws.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fiz wrote: »
    Orik - I know that I look awfully dour in most of those pictures, but here are some where I'm jolly
    IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

borfase.png

What is that jacket in the second picture?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    fiz, i absolutely love that one of you on the rollercoaster

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    Fedora wrote: »
    Fedora, you and your ideas

Listen, all i'm saying is ice cream yay, yogurt nay. It's cool if you like yogurt.

Just tell me what it is.

Bacteria

oh...awesome

Fedora on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    k guys now that i'm done yelling, i'm going to bed
    much <3 to all the cool folks of the gloss.

beavotron on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fizz could suck a can of Pepsi through a garden hose.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mully wrote: »
    Mully, how come we never talk anymore? It used to be IM's about transgender relationships and Canucklandian moose harvests. Now, there's just so much space between us.

do you have msn? we could certainly restart these wonderous conversations of such things.

I have gchat as well as a headset around here somewhere; we could go to skype or summat.

hmm not tonight, but maybe tuesday? working on some projects and homework this evenin'.

mully on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dramaqueen

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    fiz, i absolutely love that one of you on the rollercoaster

It is possible one of the greatest pictures taken of anybody.

Rinder on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am incredibly careful on my motorcycle. You would probably never catch me riding during or after rain anyway so really the stipulation is moot. It is just very scary to think "I almost died because someone got angry that I went into the passing lane to pass him."

i ride motorcycles with my dad. you can be the most careful person in the world, but if the person in front of you stops suddenly, merges into you, or throws up a rock, you can be dead even while being the paragon of correct traffic laws.

I really, really want to get a motorcycle, but I've had two friends die in motorcycle accidents, and that coupled with all the horror stories I hear make me really, really hesitant about it.

Plus the weather in Edmonton isn't conducive to year-round motorcycle riding.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    it's pretty great to be a dude and be gross and disgusting and not be judged for it

lets you do all the judging yourself

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Fizz could suck a can of Pepsi through a garden hose.

Wouldn't it explode from the pressure?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    One of the people I was singing with told me this fun anecdote about what happened to him before showing up for the performance that day

He had been on his way up to a friend's house to do some visiting and bum a free meal off of them. He notices a motorcycle weaving in and out of the traffic behind him, and the person eventually cuts around him before they both headed down a side-street. The motorcycle guy starts increasing his speed and tries to cut around a car on the left. Except the car had been preparing to turn left. They didn't expect a person would try to cut around a person in a left turn lane on the left and the motorcycle crashed right into the side of their giant van. Rider goes flying over the top of the van and breaks his neck when he hit the ground. One of the people who pulled over to call 911 said "thank god he had a helmet", even though the guy was clearly dead

Then the two of us went on stage

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    what should i do?

eat
    or
    shower

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    Futore wrote: »
    Ranx wrote: »
    a group of idiots in a car once threw a ball of ice that hit me right in the ass as they whizzed by

Riding my bike gets me yelled at all the time. Or people honk and get pissed off and flick me off.

I've even had a a taco bell cup thrown at me. It hit me, but was still chilled and wasn't sticky so it wasn't spit or soda. I laughed because it really isn't that big of a deal to be hit with water.

How dare you ride your bike you sonofabitch!

I was once ridden off the road by a car, where I proceeded to hit a patch of gravel and flip off my bike. Ended up chipping two teeth and tearing open my chin pretty well. The best part was afterwards I continued to cycle home, and two girls standing out on their front lawn asked me, very concernedly, 'are you okay?' I couldn't understand why.

Until I got home and saw that my entire face below my nose was covered in blood. Whoops, I guess they thought I was a cannibal or something.

I had someone love tap me while I was riding my motorcycle

at 65 miles per hour.

If the pavement had been wet at the time I would have lost control and died

this is why i don't want to get a motorcycle

although i really, really do

they are organ mills

You should legally be able to return 'love taps' from cars with gunfire.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I really, really want to get a motorcycle, but I've had two friends die in motorcycle accidents, and that coupled with all the horror stories I hear make me really, really hesitant about it.

Neither is Boston, trust me. You get maybe four months of decent bike weather a year. It's why I prefer warmer climates.

Javen on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mully wrote: »
    hmm not tonight, but maybe tuesday? working on some projects and homework this evenin'.

No sweat, I'll have to check my Voip settings to see if they work. Gotta re-install them I think. Shoot me a PM, k?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    what should i do?

eat
    or
    shower

Cold can of spaghetti o's with your hands in the shower.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    is it selfish I am not an organ donor (in relation to motorcycles being organ mills)

I mean these are mine

I want to leave with what I came with

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Looking at the wiki entry for yogurt, apparently our brothers and sisters across the pond spell it "yoghurt".

Which seems like less of a frozen treat and more of a Scandinavian monster akin to the baba yaga. The Venomous "Yog Hurt". Probably eats children, or at least grinds their bones into some sort of fine powder that it then uses as an ingredient for pies or some such nonsense.

Goddamn Yog Hurts.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

yeah. i definitely don't recommend it if you're in canada. my dad gets his jollies mostly from fixing it up, he only really rides four or five times a year.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    k guys now that i'm done yelling, i'm going to bed
    much <3 to all the cool folks of the gloss.

again?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    beavotron needs to send me a list of all of her forumer friends so I can check off the ones I've made fun of in the past.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    is it selfish I am not an organ donor (in relation to motorcycles being organ mills)

I mean these are mine

technically you have already left by the time they harvest them

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    One of the people I was singing with told me this fun anecdote about what happened to him before showing up for the performance that day

He had been on his way up to a friend's house to do some visiting and bum a free meal off of them. He notices a motorcycle weaving in and out of the traffic behind him, and the person eventually cuts around him before they both headed down a side-street. The motorcycle guy starts increasing his speed and tries to cut around a car on the left. Except the car had been preparing to turn left. They didn't expect a person would try to cut around a person in a left turn lane on the left and the motorcycle crashed right into the side of their giant van. Rider goes flying over the top of the van and breaks his neck when he hit the ground. One of the people who pulled over to call 911 said "thank god he had a helmet", even though the guy was clearly dead

Yes, but to be fair this guy was flagrantly ignoring road rules.

Lane weaving is illegal and all.

The biggest problems with motorbikes is that you have an awfully high power to weight ratio and it is often hard to ignore all of it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I've seen a dude partially decapitated by his chin strap. That was not a pretty sight.

Rinder on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

yeah. i definitely don't recommend it if you're in canada. my dad gets his jollies mostly from fixing it up, he only really rides four or five times a year.

Back when I was looking seriously about moving to Austin, it was a significantly larger possibility. However since it looks like I'm in Edmonton for a few years yet, I think I'll just save up and buy a nice car.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ia ia Yug'Hort

Yo'plait ftaghn

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    what should i do?

eat
    or
    shower

Cold can of spaghetti o's with your hands in the shower.

Eating in the shower is really fun.

I think i'm going to make a salad.

I'll be thinking of that seinfeld episode

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I mean these are mine

Why? What value does having all of your organs when you're being buried/cremated/fertilizing a tree have?

Sami on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    fuuuuuuck I think I talked with her for a bit. I know she's on my stalker list.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Everytime people start talking about motorcycles I think about Zonk. I then proceed to get horribly depressed and the rest of my day is ruined. :(

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah, same here hack. :|

mully on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I mean these are mine

What are you going to eat once you rise as a ghoul and there arn't any other people around?

Thats right, your own kidneys.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sami wrote: »

I mean these are mine

Why? What value does having all of your organs when you're being buried/cremated/fertilizing a tree have?

What if they take her pretty eyes? Oh the humanity.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    On a happier note, a very good family friend was in a motorcycle accident a few years back and ended up in a hospital bed with a feeding tube stuck down his throat

Dude was almost my godfather.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I am just picturing your father beating the shit out of a motorcycle with an axe so he has something to do.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sami wrote: »

I mean these are mine

they're mine!

and I'm paranoid enough to believe they wouldn't save me if little Timmy needed a kidney

yes I am crazy

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Blaket wrote: »

Yes, but to be fair this guy was flagrantly ignoring road rules.

Lane weaving is illegal and all.

The biggest problems with motorbikes is that you have an awfully high power to weight ratio and it is often hard to ignore all of it.

None of us felt especially bad for the person. After the story was done we all went "that's too bad... Well, have a great show tonight!" "You too!"

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
This discussion has been closed.