As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OkCupid: The Online Dating

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bottom line - Wren is terrible.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Fedora wrote: »
    So guys...How bout that Neapolitan ice cream?

What is up with that strawberry bullshit? Am I right?!
    Fucker is always right in the middle of things.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    mully wrote: »
    if you are saying someone is disgusting and a horrible person because of the way they look - for ANY reason - you are a terrible person

what if they like to dress up in other peoples' skin

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    Ranx wrote: »
    a group of idiots in a car once threw a ball of ice that hit me right in the ass as they whizzed by

Riding my bike gets me yelled at all the time. Or people honk and get pissed off and flick me off.

I've even had a a taco bell cup thrown at me. It hit me, but was still chilled and wasn't sticky so it wasn't spit or soda. I laughed because it really isn't that big of a deal to be hit with water.

How dare you ride your bike you sonofabitch!

I was once ridden off the road by a car, where I proceeded to hit a patch of gravel and flip off my bike. Ended up chipping two teeth and tearing open my chin pretty well. The best part was afterwards I continued to cycle home, and two girls standing out on their front lawn asked me, very concernedly, 'are you okay?' I couldn't understand why.

Until I got home and saw that my entire face below my nose was covered in blood. Whoops, I guess they thought I was a cannibal or something.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    There's this girl that I know that is almost as fast as me. She used to be a sprinter for Tulane.

She's not even that attractive but after watching her run one day she became the hottest thing I have ever seen.

She probably feels the same way about you

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my moms fat. well she was. my best friend in high school was the hugest tub of lard ever.

what I'm saying is that I know some fat people so I'm covered.

I just need a black friend before I can bust out those jokes..

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    For example, I could make fun of reactionary neo-cons, but then I couldn't pretend that those insults didn't effect butters.

If I generally make fun of crack whores, well, I have to accept that I am also taunting Sara Lynn.

And I'm just too nice of a guy to do that.

modern day Mother Theresa right here

Nun-fetish

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think all girls just need to accept that we are judged a lot more harshly then our male counterparts

people are going to make us feel bad about being too thin
    or too fat
    or too ugly

there's a standard of beauty and it's not going to go away

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    if you are saying someone is disgusting and a horrible person because of the way they look - for ANY reason - you are a terrible person

You leave my mom outta this!

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So guys...How bout that Neapolitan ice cream?

What is up with that strawberry bullshit? Am I right?!
    Fucker is always right in the middle of things.

exactly! And it always makes my chocolate taste a little strawberry, and the vanilla? A little too goddamn strawberry.

That's not the three flavors I signed up for, no sir! Separate but equal my ass.

Fedora on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »

okay that might be an exception
    because you would either have to assume that they killed a person or paid someone to kill a person

mully on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Bottom line - Wren is terrible.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    PotU wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »
    These threads are great because it easily shows how many people are dicks.

it also shows you which people are insecure with themselves, so they act all "ew i am critical of people who don't have what i think is a perfect body" when really i'm pretty sure they're pushing 25 and are still a virgin living at their mom's house.

coughcoughcoughwrencoughcoughcough

you're uncharacteristically angry today

someone on here said something extremely ignorant in an offhand fashion to a person who i consider a friend and a very nice person.
    i get angry when people are dicks to my friends, it's just my nature.

Wren wonders if you talk about him.

NotACrook wrote:
    Threads like these are why mully doesn't like you guys.
    Wren wrote:
    look we can't be nice to big women just because one posts here.

that would be like being nice to gays

Wait why I am being quoted here?

yours was just part of it, yours wasn't the bad part, the response was.

and seriously wren?
    seriously?

you don't see what's wrong with that?
    no one said you have to talk nicely about them and be all "i love big chicks"
    but that's not what you said. you said we can't be nice to her
    as in act civil towards her

and so the fuck what if she's big?
    that brings me back to the point i made earlier in this thread
    what the fuck does it matter what she looks like?
    she's still an awesome person, does she have to have a tiny waist, flirt with you on the internet and send you pics of her rude ass titties for you to think that? jesus. i am wicked mad about this right now.

wait I'm not sure what you're saying now. I said we don't have to be nice towards fat people in general because it might offend one that posts here. I'm pretty sure I edited out the "can't" in that because I realized way before this that it made it sound a bit different than I meant. if I didn't then I guess its too late now. maybe I didn't really care what someone on the internet might think about a single post, misconstrued or not. maybe I still don't.

so what you meant to say is you don't have to all of a sudden be nice to fat people just because a fat person posts here.
    so... you are actually mean to fat people because they're fat... just in general.

okay, this makes you not as bad of a person

jesus fucking christ i am going to bed before i explode with rage.
    usually i ignore shit like this, and it's all "hahah funny just joking" but this was targeted at a person who posts here regularly, is a nice person and it was hurtful and really fucking mean.

I think he is just saying that no one should be censoring themselves based on who posts here.

It's like if you have an overweight friend and they ask you 'am I overweight?' Many people will say 'no, of course not' because they don't want to hurt their feelings. What I got from Wren's post is that we shouldn't be doing that. I don't think he meant to imply that he is rude or nasty to overweight people by default.

Well no, the way I interpreted it, is that someone said, Mully thinks you guys are being silly.

Wren then responds that no Mully's opinion doesn't count at all because she's fat.

That's a pretty insulting thing to say.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    a group of idiots in a car once threw a ball of ice that hit me right in the ass as they whizzed by

Riding my bike gets me yelled at all the time. Or people honk and get pissed off and flick me off.

I've even had a a taco bell cup thrown at me. It hit me, but was still chilled and wasn't sticky so it wasn't spit or soda. I laughed because it really isn't that big of a deal to be hit with water.

I was once ridden off the road by a car, where I proceeded to hit a patch of gravel and flip off my bike. Ended up chipping two teeth and tearing open my chin pretty well. The best part was afterwards I continued to cycle home, and two girls standing out on their front lawn asked me, very concernedly, 'are you okay?' I couldn't understand why.

Until I got home and saw that my entire face below my nose was covered in blood. Whoops, I guess they thought I was a cannibal or something.

I had someone love tap me while I was riding my motorcycle

at 65 miles per hour.

If the pavement had been wet at the time I would have lost control and died

Javen on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    george bush doesn't care about fat people

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think all girls just need to accept that we are judged a lot more harshly then our male counterparts

or too fat
    or too ugly

I still hate it a lot

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

it also shows you which people are insecure with themselves, so they act all "ew i am critical of people who don't have what i think is a perfect body" when really i'm pretty sure they're pushing 25 and are still a virgin living at their mom's house.

someone on here said something extremely ignorant in an offhand fashion to a person who i consider a friend and a very nice person.

NotACrook wrote:
    Wren wrote:

and seriously wren?
    seriously?

she's still an awesome person, does she have to have a tiny waist, flirt with you on the internet and send you pics of her rude ass titties for you to think that? jesus. i am wicked mad about this right now.

wait I'm not sure what you're saying now. I said we don't have to be nice towards fat people in general because it might offend one that posts here. I'm pretty sure I edited out the "can't" in that because I realized way before this that it made it sound a bit different than I meant. if I didn't then I guess its too late now. maybe I didn't really care what someone on the internet might think about a single post, misconstrued or not. maybe I still don't.

so what you meant to say is you don't have to all of a sudden be nice to fat people just because a fat person posts here.
    so... you are actually mean to fat people because they're fat... just in general.

usually i ignore shit like this, and it's all "hahah funny just joking" but this was targeted at a person who posts here regularly, is a nice person and it was hurtful and really fucking mean.

I think he is just saying that no one should be censoring themselves based on who posts here.

It's like if you have an overweight friend and they ask you 'am I overweight?' Many people will say 'no, of course not' because they don't want to hurt their feelings. What I got from Wren's post is that we shouldn't be doing that. I don't think he meant to imply that he is rude or nasty to overweight people by default.

No, I'm pretty sure he's saying that it's fine to make fun of people based on their weight.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    No, I'm pretty sure he's saying that it's fine to make fun of people based on their weight.

Specifically because he knows some fat people.

It's okay guys, I know some fat people! We can keep making fun of them!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

or too fat
    or too ugly

I still hate it a lot

same here

and i know there's no stopping it even in this forum

just bothers me because we're all so regular together that we are some kind of friends
    i don't except anything out of the general public
    but out of some people i would consider friends, or good acquaintances?
    ehhhhh

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

NotACrook wrote:
    Wren wrote:

and seriously wren?
    seriously?

and AND color, race, gender, religion

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mully, how come we never talk anymore? It used to be IM's about transgender relationships and Canucklandian moose harvests. Now, there's just so much space between us.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

or too fat
    or too ugly

I still hate it a lot

oh so do I

I'm no Cindy Crawford

but I accept that I am judged on some kind of retarded scale of attractiveness

I sure as hell judge other people, I'm not excluded

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008

at 65 miles per hour.

this is why i don't want to get a motorcycle

although i really, really do

they are organ mills

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy crap, Reese's Klondike Bars are delicious. So many good things in one foil wrapper.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    george bush doesn't care about fat people

nicolas tesla hated overweight people

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Frozen Yogurt guys? Not a big fan.

Honestly, and let's just keep this between us. I don't even know what the fuck yogurt is.

And it's never in any good flavors. It's always lime, or some orange bullshit.

Fedora on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008

Honestly, and let's just keep this between us. I don't even know what the fuck yogurt is.

fedora

you are awesome

<3

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mully, how come we never talk anymore? It used to be IM's about transgender relationships and Canucklandian moose harvests. Now, there's just so much space between us.

do you have msn? we could certainly restart these wonderous conversations of such things.

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

or too fat
    or too ugly

I still hate it a lot

oh so do I

I'm no Cindy Crawford

but I accept that I am judged on some kind of retarded scale of attractiveness

I sure as hell judge other people, I'm not excluded

One of the strangest realizations of my life was that everything I was worried I was being judged on, it was actually me judging other people. This caused some drastic rethinking of my approach to people.

I'm not saying it's the case with you, but man that was a sobering thought.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fedora, you and your ideas

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

at 65 miles per hour.

My parents said they'll disown me if I ever buy a bike.
    Since basically you put a lot more faith in other's hands.
    Doesn't help that 4 of my mom's friends have died from bike accidents, and she held a dying man in her arms after a motorcycle accident.

Rinder on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

vanilla yogurt + fresh strawberries is completely delicious

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I hope mully doesn't think I think shes ugly and disgusting and an awful person really. because I don't care about her enough to be forming real opinions

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

at 65 miles per hour.

this is why i don't want to get a motorcycle

although i really, really do

they are organ mills

I am incredibly careful on my motorcycle. You would probably never catch me riding during or after rain anyway so really the stipulation is moot. It is just very scary to think "I almost died because someone got angry that I went into the passing lane to pass him."

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

do you have msn? we could certainly restart these wonderous conversations of such things.

I have gchat as well as a headset around here somewhere; we could go to skype or summat.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    search posts by Weaver with the search term "no fatties"

NotASenator on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    It could just be that you're a dick, Wren.

there's no questioning that. I'm not saying what I said was nice, but I certainly didn't mean we can't be nice to mully at all for some reason. that just doesnt make sense

Then you are missing the point. By making a not-nice statement that was targeted at a general group, you include anyone in that group in the insult. I think beavotron was just pointing out that you were being mean to people who post here too.

I'm not sure thats the point. Or is it? Anyways I'm not throwing away my book of fat jokes because one person here got her tizzies in a twist.

I thought this said titties in a twist and I was like jesus christ that would hurt so much

They meant twizzlers.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Orik - I know that I look awfully dour in most of those pictures, but here are some where I'm jolly
    IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

borfase.png

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fedora, you and your ideas

Listen, all i'm saying is ice cream yay, yogurt nay. It's cool if you like yogurt.

Just tell me what it is.

Fedora on
This discussion has been closed.