As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I have the Best Idea Ever for a Game

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah. i don't remember what it's called but they've got a shit ton of historical battles in the game and some ridiculous number of weapons from different periods of history.
    So happy

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    isn't somebody making a game called dante's inferno right now anyways

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    seriously fuck republic commando

i was really enjoying it and they said something about a new mission and i'm like "GREAT! THIS GAME IS AWESOME." and then the credits rolled.

what

Faricazy on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    They're making this game

It's called Dante's Inferno

Gabe and Tycho made a strip about it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    also metzger this sounds like a super shitty game

So does your face.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wish they would do a War of the Worlds consistant with the original timeperiod for which the piece was written.

that would just rule so totally hard.

sarukun on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    I had an idea for a game that was like that Star Wars: Republic Commando game but with the Ghostbusters fighting ghosts.

Now they're pretty-much making my dream a reality so there's no need for dreams anymore. 8-)
    GET THIS

A GAME LIKE REPUBLIC COMMANDO

BUT LONGER THAN THREE HOURS

MIND BLOWN

God I'd love that game

It is a fucking travesty that that game did not get a sequel

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    also metzger this sounds like a super shitty game

So does your face.

are you fat can i make a fat joke here because to be honest that's about all i have the energy for right now.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tugga wrote: »
    ok but if these "bosses" were such evil people in their lives, then why would they have power in hell?

wouldnt that be what they wanted?

i think a better approach would be instead of evil people from literature or history, how about angels or good people from history that try to stop you from passing through each circle? bercause for some reason or another you deserve to be there and they dont want you breaking free

This shit ain't half bad.

Like in the end it turns out you just broke the rules and tore open a hole out of hell for selfish reasons and now Heaven is fucked because they failed to stop you.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't mean to be a douche about this... but
    you start the game in the ninth circle of hell, having no memory of mortal life or why you're being punished.

You obviously betrayed someone close to you.

Well yeah, of course. Either that or a suicide or some kind of super-surprise twist ending, like you commited some kind of horrible war crimes and betrayed your country's trust or something.

your sins would have to be lots worse than that

so bad that you would go down in history and never be forgotten

sort of like a psychotic serial killer who murdered his whole family (shit his whole neighborhood)

you could make a twisted metal twist to it and play as sweet tooth, only less clown like

tugga on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    you start the game in the ninth circle of hell, having no memory of mortal life or why you're being punished.

Well yeah, of course. Either that or a suicide or some kind of super-surprise twist ending, like you commited some kind of horrible war crimes and betrayed your country's trust or something.

No he means that's the ninth circle in Inferno

inferno is the whole reason for 'circles of hell' as far as i know.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ok but if these "bosses" were such evil people in their lives, then why would they have power in hell?

i think a better approach would be instead of evil people from literature or history, how about angels or good people from history that try to stop you from passing through each circle? bercause for some reason or another you deserve to be there and they dont want you breaking free

This just sounds like a basic premise for a game based on Dogma.

Peeps trying to keep you from overruling God, and others trying to help you.

Can't play after endgame if you side with the demons.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

That's a good point, actually. Of course, their souls could just be so corrupted by evil that they've almost become a part of hell's hierarchy based solely upon how much darkness they have in their hearts. Plus it'd be a lot more satisfying to beat the shit out of John Wayne Gacey than John Wayne.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    this sounds so generic

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    on the Run from Heaven and Hell

Heaven for breaking the rules

Hell for breaking the rules first

anywayz, back to my War of the World movie.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i think lighting jesus on fire with a flame spell is WAY more satisfying than anything any game has ever had

plus youd get more sales from the controversy it would cause

tugga on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

No he means that's the ninth circle in Inferno

inferno is the whole reason for 'circles of hell' as far as i know.

Pretty sure

Me Too! on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    maaannnn nobody liked my Gang of Daggers joke

oh well I guess that even jokes about it are shitty

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    this sounds so generic

what if you had a gun

that fired evergreen trees covered in spiders

tugga on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    saru i think you'll just have to settle for reading the League over and over again

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Maybe someone like Billy the Kid as a party member. That'd be pretty sick.

Also, I don't think this really sounds all thaqt generic. Maybe the amnesiac main character...

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    saru i think you'll just have to settle for reading the League over and over again

A game based in the universe of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be pretty sweet.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    didn't Shin Megami Tensei already do Hell

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

A game based in the universe of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be pretty sweet.
    PRESS Y FOR THERMAL VISION

PRESS X TO RAPE

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Who would you play as, though? Different memebers of the League?

I guess that would be cool.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    didn't Shin Megami Tensei already do Hell

So have a lot of other people. aint nobody got a copywright on Hell.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    action-rpg set in hell with an amnesiac main character. this is like just a big collection of all the most overdone things ever. is rob zombie going to do the soundtrack?

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I was thinking Marylin Manson...

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH ROB ZOMBIE?
    one of these things Im joking about.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    sarukun wrote: »

Or just make it an RPG where Alan Quartermain picks up teammates along the way and they battle jerks in a world of fantastical literature.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Talkin' bout dreams, huh?

I'm having this great dream, of banging this chick back home that I'm cool with, and I wake up at 5:51AM. Bummer, but whatever, it's just a dream and I haven't jerked it all week. So there I am, thinkin' man, what a good dream. Oh well. Then I hear it.

Splashing. I know this sound. It is the sound of pissing. In some sort of fucked up advance warning system, I sit up to see one of my roommates urinating in the trashcan. Well, it could be worse, he's done it in two corners of the room in the past. So I go berserk and yell at him and he wanders off to the toilet saying "oh yah good idea!"

What the fuck, dude? No recollection of it at all later this morning.

Metzger's dream was better, I think.
    somebody please do this math homework for me I don't understand these letters combined with numbers and superscripts and subscripts and what the fuck

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Or just make it an RPG where Alan Quartermain picks up teammates along the way and they battle jerks in a world of fantastical literature.
    PRESS B TO AWKWARDLY HUMP MINA

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    and i think the RPG genre would be wrong for this game cause it would need to be just more intense and fast paced and RPG games tend to be slow

which is the main reason i havent played fallout for more than an hour

youd probably have to do something like god of war, not necessarily a beat em up, but with that sort of pacing

and each circle would have to be significantly different from the previous one, they probably shouldnt look like everyday depection of hell that people tend to picture

im sort of thinking like a bill and ted's sort of thing here, like maybe one level is based on your childhood or something and a mistake you made then

tugga on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    psychonauts painted red, in other words

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Why would you start in the 9th layer of Hell?

That would make for a pretty anti climatic last boss fight.

YOU ARE IN LIMBOOOOO! LOOK, THERE IS ARISTOTLE! HE LOOKS BORED AS FUUUUUUCK!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, the whole fire and brimstone thing is a little overplayed. Except maybe for one level. Just because throwing dudes into a fucking lake of fire and watching them flail around in the liquid hot magma before they sunk beneath the surface would be boss.

edit: Good point, Peter. I guess the tutorial level would be crossing the river Styx or something.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

PRESS B TO AWKWARDLY HUMP MINA

Use RIGHT TRIGGER and LEFT TRIGGER to lick neck-scars

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Why would you start in the 9th layer of Hell?

That would make for a pretty anti climatic last boss fight.

YOU ARE IN LIMBOOOOO! LOOK, THERE IS ARISTOTLE! HE LOOKS BORED AS FUUUUUUCK!
    ahahaha

Faricazy on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Start in limbo, and travel down to the ninth circle of hell to retreive your wife who killed you in a murder suicide.

Revenge? Love? Answers?

What will you pursue

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hahahaha

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, fuck Rob Zombie.

MASTODON can do the soundtrack for the game.

Metzger Meister on